3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

goblinthegnome

Tears For Fears on Los Santos Rock Radio or Non-Stop-Pop FM

Tears For Fears on LSRR or NSP  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Which station do you think "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" was meant to be on?

• Los Santos Rock Radio
    • Non-Stop-Pop FM
    • I can't decide, it's too close

goblinthegnome

Hey guys, I need your feedback as to where you'd think Tears For Fears was meant to be on. For those that don't know, Tears For Fear's "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" was listed among the cut songs in the trackID.gxt2. Since it didn't have any tag to indicate what station is was meant to be on, it's lead to an issue as to where it belongs to. Currently, my cut song list and GTA Wikia have it listed on Los Santos Rock Radio, but it could be for Non-Stop-Pop FM as well due to the genre of the song, which leads to problems. Personally, I think that this track was meant to be on LSRR as the song has more of a rock vibe than a new wave vibe, but that's where issues show up. First off, LSRR has pop rock/new wave tracks from Simple Minds and Queen that make it seem that it should belong there, however, NSP has some pop rock/new wave tracks as well from INXS, Naked Eyes, Hall & Oates, Living in a Box, and Duran Duran (who I assume belong on this station and were cut from the game). The fact that the Tears For Fears song is both a pop rock and new wave track makes it hard to distinguish where it properly belongs to. This is a serious topic that is not meant to be a joke and a quick lock. I hope that the moderators understand this as I just want to hear from you guys, the community, YOUR opinion as to where this song belongs to. I don't want any spamming or conflict in this thread, so keep the conversation focused on to where YOU think this track belongs on.

PotonForry

Maybe due to it being an "on the fence" song, they cut it.

Creating yet another 80's station just to include this song after having two almost-80's stations would be overkill of the highest degree.

D9fred95

I think it was supposed to be on LSRR too, Non-Stop-Pop songs sound like something you'd hear at Maisonette 9 or something.

IntoGloryRide

This is why I sometimes get both stations confused...It could go either way but I would probably put it on NSP. It fit in better with new wave/pop at the time than the more rock-oriented stuff. I feel the same way about Higher Love and What a Fool Believes. It's a great classic song though & wish they included it.

John The Grudge

Great song. Personally I think Non-Stop Pop FM is where it belongs. It's not a rock song. It's a new wave pop song.

TheDeaconBosco

I belongs on NSP FM and so do "Higher Love" and "All the Things she said".

SmokesWithCigs

They could put them on worldwide fm. I thin shout woul'dve made a good song.

biggerboat90

It would've belonged on Non-Stop Pop.

mjansing82

Wave 103ūüėÜ. Probably non stop pop

kBlaise

Since many of the originally cut songs were included in the new-gen release, I have my fingers crossed that the rest will be back in the story DLC, the Tears For Fears one included.

goblinthegnome

I really hope that the PC version will have the cut songs tagged with their station. I've played the song in both stations and to me, it fits Los Santos Rock Radio. It's awkward for the song to be played on Non-Stop-Pop FM, and it really doesn't synchronize well with the other songs. With Los Santos Rock Radio, it magically fits in perfectly, and it doesn't feel awkward or out of place with the other tracks. I hope this issue gets resolved if the song is tagged with a station in the PC release.

goblinthegnome

Sorry if I have to double post, but I just realised The Clash's "This is Radio Clash", another cut song, also charted on the Billboard US Club Play Singles. While it seems as if I can be on Soulwax FM due to the song being a dance-punk track, for all I know, it might've actually been on Non-Stop-Pop FM. Here's a list of tracks that I'm uncertain as to where they can be on.

• Tears For Fears "Everybody Wants to Rule the World - Non-Stop-Pop FM or Los Santos Rock Radio
  • The Clash "This Is Radio Clash" - Non-Stop-Pop FM or Soulwax FM
  • The Kay-Gees "Master Plan" - The Lowdown 91.1 or Space 103.2
  • SebastiAn "Love in Motion" - Soulwax FM or Radio Mirror Park
  • Maybe Con Funk Shun "Ffun" - Space 103.2 or The Lowdown 91.1

DaWiesel

1. Definitely Non-Stop-Pop FM, since it's new wave, compare it with Loggins "I'm Free" which sounds more like power pop. Wouldn't fit in LSRR IMO.

2. Non-Stop-Pop FM, doesn't fit with the rest of Soulwax.

3. That's a hard one, I would lean towards Lowdown.

4. Sounds more fitting in Radio Mirror Park.

5. Probably Lowdown too, not sure though.

goblinthegnome

1. Definitely Non-Stop-Pop FM, since it's new wave, compare it with Loggins "I'm Free" which sounds more like power pop. Wouldn't fit in LSRR IMO.

2. Non-Stop-Pop FM, doesn't fit with the rest of Soulwax.

3. That's a hard one, I would lean towards Lowdown.

4. Sounds more fitting in Radio Mirror Park.

5. Probably Lowdown too, not sure though.

Simple Minds is new wave band too and on LSRR. Tears For Fears and Simple Minds had both of their songs chart on the Rock and Dance Club Play Charts, so it makes it hard to distinguish which station Tears For Fears was meant to be on. Soulwax FM plays dance-punk as one of the genres, kinda like post-punk with Liquid Liquid and Killing Joke on Electro-Choc, which may be the reason why The Clash MAY be on that station, but their song did chart on the dance charts. SebastiAn was featured in Electro-Choc, so it might've been an obvious choice for him to be on Soulwax FM, but Radio Mirror Park does play electroclash too. Kay-Gees' "Master Plan" is probably the hardest to place in either station, and Con Funk Shun seems to lean closer to Space 103.2, but The Lowdown 91.1 plays funk too. I didn't really like the way Rockstar didn't tag the cut songs with their stations just like in GTA IV, so I'm hoping that the PC version has the cut songs tagged.

EDIT: If Rockstar used Glittering Prize or Don't You (Forget About Me) instead of All the Things She Said, would you have placed it in LSRR or NSP?

Edited by goblinthegnome

DaWiesel

Simple Minds is new wave band too and on LSRR. Tears For Fears and Simple Minds had both of their songs chart on the Rock and Dance Club Play Charts, so it makes it hard to distinguish which station Tears For Fears was meant to be on. Soulwax FM plays dance-punk as one of the genres, kinda like post-punk with Liquid Liquid and Killing Joke on Electro-Choc, which may be the reason why The Clash MAY be on that station, but their song did chart on the dance charts. SebastiAn was featured in Electro-Choc, so it might've been an obvious choice for him to be on Soulwax FM, but Radio Mirror Park does play electroclash too. Kay-Gees' "Master Plan" is probably the hardest to place in either station, and Con Funk Shun seems to lean closer to Space 103.2, but The Lowdown 91.1 plays funk too. I didn't really like the way Rockstar didn't tag the cut songs with their stations just like in GTA IV, so I'm hoping that the PC version has the cut songs tagged.

EDIT: If Rockstar used Glittering Prize or Don't You (Forget About Me) instead of All the Things She Said, would you have placed it in LSRR or NSP.

Well, you're right about the Simple Minds song being new wave, however wiki lists it as "synthrock" also and it does sound more "rockier" than "Everybody wants to rule the World" IMO.

About the two other songs of Simple Minds... man, I would probably say NSP.

biggerboat90

Simple Minds were more of a rock band who had success with new wave experimentation. Lest we forget their best known song is actually a cover.

gtaplayer02012

Sorry if I have to double post, but I just realised The Clash's "This is Radio Clash", another cut song, also charted on the Billboard US Club Play Singles. While it seems as if I can be on Soulwax FM due to the song being a dance-punk track, for all I know, it might've actually been on Non-Stop-Pop FM. Here's a list of tracks that I'm uncertain as to where they can be on.

• Tears For Fears "Everybody Wants to Rule the World - Non-Stop-Pop FM or Los Santos Rock Radio

I always thought that Everybody Wants to Rule the World would fit on Los Santos Rock Radio, since Simple Minds is on it. Saints Row 2 had a station called The Mix which had New Wave in it. It had Don't You (Forget About Me) and that tears for fears song in it.

The Clash song really does not feel like on both stations. Sure a dance punk song but it just doesn't feel like it would fit with the rest of the songs.

Space 103.2 and The Lowdown both play Funk. But Lowdown mostly focuses on Motown songs, hence the title Motown on the file name for it's content. Ffun would really be on Space 103.2 since it's R&B song too and fits in Space 103.2's funky sounds it has in it's songs. Master Plan by The Kay-Gees would fit Space 103.2 too since George Duke's unused song is on there and they sound similar to the beat.

SebastiAn may be Soulwax. Sorta fits with Soulwax's music already on there but yeah...

Everything looks fine for me but the unused Soulwax songs are the most confusing ones of all.

EDIT: Actually Los Santos Rock Radio is trying to fit that "Yacht Rock" mood so maybe Non-Stop Pop FM too.

Edited by francisisgay

ItsJustMeSrsly

Tears For Fears is New Wave/Synth-Pop musicians! So they've got nothing in common with rock at all!...

goblinthegnome

I always thought that Everybody Wants to Rule the World would fit on Los Santos Rock Radio, since Simple Minds is on it. Saints Row 2 had a station called The Mix which had New Wave in it. It had Don't You (Forget About Me) and that tears for fears song in it.

The Clash song really does not feel like on both stations. Sure a dance punk song but it just doesn't feel like it would fit with the rest of the songs.

Space 103.2 and The Lowdown both play Funk. But Lowdown mostly focuses on Motown songs, hence the title Motown on the file name for it's content. Ffun would really be on Space 103.2 since it's R&B song too and fits in Space 103.2's funky sounds it has in it's songs. Master Plan by The Kay-Gees would fit Space 103.2 too since George Duke's unused song is on there and they sound similar to the beat.

SebastiAn may be Soulwax. Sorta fits with Soulwax's music already on there but yeah...

Everything looks fine for me but the unused Soulwax songs are the most confusing ones of all.

EDIT: Actually Los Santos Rock Radio is trying to fit that "Yacht Rock" mood so maybe Non-Stop Pop FM too.

I fixed my lists and the wiki pages for those stations with the right cut tracks. I agree with the Tears For Fears, Con Funk Shun, and maybe the George Duke songs, but I think that The Kay-Gee's song could be on The Lowdown 91.1 since Space 103.2 focuses on funk and post-disco tracks from the late 70s - 80s, but then again, The Kay-Gee's were connected to Kool & the Gang, a funk group that's been featured in previous GTA titles. This Is Radio Clash wouldn't been on Channel X because it is dance-punk and not connected to West Coast punk, nor would it be on LSRR or NSP despite charting on both the Dance and Rock charts, so it would SOMEWHAT logically make sense for the song to be on Soulwax FM since Fatal Error is already on that station. Besides, Electro-Choc had post-punk bands like Killing Joke, Liquid Liquid, and Nitzer Ebb played alongside Justice, Kavinsky, and deadmau5.

Lock n' Stock

Just to say, I'm very pissed that this song was cut from the game, there just isn't an excuse for it. Volition could get the rights to it in Saints Row 2, so why couldn't Rockstar? Still, I think NSP was improved drastically. I want Rockstar to add even MORE songs to the game with DLC, especially if this song is to be included.

Edited by G.S.T

DariusMasters
On 12/9/2014 at 11:21 PM, goblinthegnome said:

Hey guys, I need your feedback as to where you'd think Tears For Fears was meant to be on. For those that don't know, Tears For Fear's "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" was listed among the cut songs in the trackID.gxt2. Since it didn't have any tag to indicate what station is was meant to be on, it's lead to an issue as to where it belongs to. Currently, my cut song list and GTA Wikia have it listed on Los Santos Rock Radio, but it could be for Non-Stop-Pop FM as well due to the genre of the song, which leads to problems. Personally, I think that this track was meant to be on LSRR as the song has more of a rock vibe than a new wave vibe, but that's where issues show up. First off, LSRR has pop rock/new wave tracks from Simple Minds and Queen that make it seem that it should belong there, however, NSP has some pop rock/new wave tracks as well from INXS, Naked Eyes, Hall & Oates, Living in a Box, and Duran Duran (who I assume belong on this station and were cut from the game). The fact that the Tears For Fears song is both a pop rock and new wave track makes it hard to distinguish where it properly belongs to. This is a serious topic that is not meant to be a joke and a quick lock. I hope that the moderators understand this as I just want to hear from you guys, the community, YOUR opinion as to where this song belongs to. I don't want any spamming or conflict in this thread, so keep the conversation focused on to where YOU think this track belongs on.

I think Tears For Fears should have been on Radio Mirror Park. Because that is New Wave and Synth Pop. I think it's also Pop Rock too

universetwisters

One not only you bumped a three year old thread but two Radio Mirror Park wouldn't have old 80s New Wave since it's all modern hipsterey stuff

KD142000

Probably Los Santos Rock. I don't really think it's a pop song, nor a rock song. I'd say it's New Wave, but that means it doesn't belong on any of the three. I don't think the song would 'suit' the game, if you get what I mean.

Darealbandicoot
On 6/22/2018 at 3:07 AM, KD142000 said:

Probably Los Santos Rock. I don't really think it's a pop song, nor a rock song. I'd say it's New Wave, but that means it doesn't belong on any of the three. I don't think the song would 'suit' the game, if you get what I mean.

Go check the beta hunt topic. One of the finds was an intro by Kenny Loggins for Everybody wants to rule the world. 

On 6/22/2018 at 3:07 AM, KD142000 said:

Go check the beta hunt topic. One of the finds was an intro by Kenny Loggins for Everybody wants to rule the world. 

DariusMasters
4 hours ago, Darealbandicoot said:

Link please? Also, wasn't Duran Duran also meant for Los Santos Rock Radio as well, but also moved to Non Stop Pop FM before being scrapped? 

Darealbandicoot
17 hours ago, DariusMasters said:

Link please? Also, wasn't Duran Duran also meant for Los Santos Rock Radio as well, but also moved to Non Stop Pop FM before being scrapped? 

It was posted by CarsonGT AFAIK but Rockstar threatened him to remove EVERYTHING he found in a beta build his friend was restoring. It's gone now but maybe somebody downloaded the quotes before they were removed? 

DariusMasters
1 hour ago, Darealbandicoot said:

It was posted by CarsonGT AFAIK but Rockstar threatened him to remove EVERYTHING he found in a beta build his friend was restoring. It's gone now but maybe somebody downloaded the quotes before they were removed? 

damn :/

Oh well, we have hope for Grand Theft Auto VI to have "Everybody Wants To Rule The World" and "Serious"

I made up a radio station for Grand Theft Auto VI that has those songs alongside "The Reflex" by "Duran Duran" 

but I unfortunatly made "Serious" a DLC song

DariusMasters
On 6/21/2018 at 10:19 AM, universetwisters said:

One not only you bumped a three year old thread but two Radio Mirror Park wouldn't have old 80s New Wave since it's all modern hipsterey stuff

Hipster stuff? That's one of the genre's from those sh*tty radio stations Radio Los sh*tos and West Crap Classics 

Radio Mirror Park doesn't have anything to do with Hipsters. Miami Horror and Twin Shadow has nothing related to hipsters

universetwisters
8 minutes ago, DariusMasters said:

Radio Mirror Park doesn't have anything to do with Hipsters. Miami Horror and Twin Shadow has nothing related to hipsters

I'm guessing you never listened to a second of the DJ's dialogue or saw the kind of people who spawn in Mirror Park

DariusMasters
7 hours ago, universetwisters said:

I'm guessing you never listened to a second of the DJ's dialogue or saw the kind of people who spawn in Mirror Park

Nope, I don't like the vast majority of Grand Theft Auto V