Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,934 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

American Viking

Which GTA game had the worst ending?

GTA game with worst ending?   

130 members have voted

1. 1. In your opinion, which GTA game has the worst ending?

• GTA 3
    • GTA: Vice City
    • GTA: San Andreas
    • GTA: 4
    • GTA: 5
    • GTA: Liberty City Stories
    • GTA: Vice City Stories
    • GTA: Chinatown Wars
    • GTA 4: The Lost and the Damned
    • GTA 4: The Ballad of Gay Tony
    • GTA 1
    • GTA 2
    • GTA Advance

TheGoodSgtScooter

GTA 2.

Oh wait, you only listed 5 of the 10 games in the series.

Son of Zeus

So which two fools voted SA just to troll?

Stoney0503

Can I just say that the deal ending makes Niko look like a huge hypocrite.

"Ok, I'll work with this guy who burnt my house down and my cousins business, attempted to kill and blackmail my friends and made me move out of hove beach for a lot of money even though I HAVE OVER $400K, sure thing Mr.Pegorino!

matajuegos01

"Ok, I'll work with this guy who burnt my house down and my cousins business, attempted to kill and blackmail my friends and made me move out of hove beach for a lot of money even though I HAVE OVER $400K, sure thing Mr.Pegorino!

He had forgotten everything about him, after his confrontation with Darko, he saw that revenge was not the answer to his problems, killing his enemies would not make him sleep better, that's why I believe Deal is the canon ending, because after Dimitri kills (via a hitman) his cousin, Niko says that he (Dimitri) was not the problem anymore, but since he had crossed the line, he had to pay.

Algonquin Assassin

You'll say anything to try and turn attention away from GTA V criticism.;)

This is why "Revenge" is often considered to be the canon ending, but I remember when I first finished GTA IV I chose "Deal" simply because I took Roman's word over Kate's.

Although "Revenge" is the logical choice I kind of feel "Deal" is more fitting.

Tycek

I would say that Revenge is considered by many as logical choice only because of gameplay and not the story itself. Because it's better to keep cousin over a bitch that doesn't put out (as many were stating). If you actually look at the story, especially after sparing Darko it may not be that clear that Niko would actually want to take revenge on Dimitri. Roman is asking him to do it (for the money, so they can finally start living the american dream) and the Pegorino is assuring him that Niko won't even have to work with Dimitri personally - they will just go in, take the money and get out. Niko being quite closely to his cousin could pick Deal as well as Revenge and the final choice lies only in the hands of the player.

Pedinhuh

For me it' a tie between GTA III and GTA V
GTA III felt like a lack luster, sure enough, you've got your revenge and that skanky bitch Catalina is burning to a crisp, but why Claude shot Maria?
Why the Colombian Cartel is still in Liberty City after losing it's leaders?
What happened to your contacts in the Leone mafia, hell, what hapenned with that mafia? and the Yakuza? And what's with the Yardies hating you after you've done a lot of work for them?
What happened with Donald Love? Dead? Arrested? Making him disappear was lame.
And at last, what happened to Misty?

GTA V is pathetic, all of it's option felt rushed, like R* stopped caring about it:

Option A: Yeah, like Franklin is totally going to work again for the guy who ripped him off with those high end cars, Michael doesn't put up much of a fight, he could atleast use his bullet time on you to make the challenge more interesting...

Option B: Trevor RUNS from FRANKLIN, R-U-N-S! The guy who single handled destroyed the Lost MC, robbed a submarine from the army, keeps pricking on Merryweather just because he can, destroyed the Aztecas up in Sandy Shores, and stole a Cargo Plane in mid air, while flying a sh*tty Duster, oh yeah, and also broke into a military base to steal a Cargobob like it ain't no big thing...RUNS FROM FRANKLIN!

Option C: Still ridiculous, because everything just feels incredibly rushed, you kill one of Merryweather biggest client and share-holder and the CEO just says to you "hey, you killed the biggest share-holder of my company, but because of mcgummer I earned millons with that, so i will leave you all alone even after ripping us off soo many times and f*cking up my company's operations because reasons, xoxo".
The chinese triad now has three targets, Franklin because he killed that Wei-somehting guy, Trevor because theTriad wants to move to blaine country and Trevor would be a major issue for them, and Michael just get to Trevor. But hey, since you've killed one of their higgest(spelling) bosses, they will totally leave alone, right?
And I can see Dave making up a story for Heines death, so nobody from the FIB will go after the trio, but what about the Ballas??? Franklin and Trevor
killed a sh*t ton of Ballas to buy that drywall and to rescue Lamar, Michael killed Stretch so they know him too now, and why would they still leave Lamar alnoe is beyond me, Franklin or Lamar should've died so the ending could make some sense...

Skeever

(spoilers)

I'd have to say GTA V. The only thing I liked about the three different endings is that, if you don't like Trevor or Michael at all, then you can opt to kill one of them and be done with that character for the rest of the game. If you want to keep all three characters, then you can choose to do that, too. The endings themselves were very poorly executed, however.

MrDeSanta

GTA III felt like a lack luster, sure enough, you've got your revenge and that skanky bitch Catalina is burning to a crisp, but why Claude shot Maria?

What happened to your contacts in the Leone mafia, hell, what hapenned with that mafia? and the Yakuza? And what's with the Yardies hating you after you've done a lot of work for them?

GTA V is pathetic, all of it's option felt rushed, like R* stopped caring about it:

Option A: Yeah, like Franklin is totally going to work again for the guy who ripped him off with those high end cars, Michael doesn't put up much of a fight, he could atleast use his bullet time on you to make the challenge more interesting...

Option B: Trevor RUNS from FRANKLIN, R-U-N-S! The guy who single handled destroyed the Lost MC, robbed a submarine from the army, keeps pricking on Merryweather just because he can, destroyed the Aztecas up in Sandy Shores, and stole a Cargo Plane in mid air, while flying a sh*tty Duster, oh yeah, and also broke into a military base to steal a Cargobob like it ain't no big thing...RUNS FROM FRANKLIN!

Option C: Still ridiculous, because everything just feels incredibly rushed, you kill one of Merryweather biggest client and share-holder and the CEO just says to you "hey, you killed the biggest share-holder of my company, but because of mcgummer I earned millons with that, so i will leave you all alone even after ripping us off soo many times and f*cking up my company's operations because reasons, xoxo".

The chinese triad now has three targets, Franklin because he killed that Wei-somehting guy, Trevor because theTriad wants to move to blaine country and Trevor would be a major issue for them, and Michael just get to Trevor. But hey, since you've killed one of their higgest(spelling) bosses, they will totally leave alone, right?

And I can see Dave making up a story for Heines death, so nobody from the FIB will go after the trio, but what about the Ballas??? Franklin and Trevor

killed a sh*t ton of Ballas to buy that drywall and to rescue Lamar, Michael killed Stretch so they know him too now, and why would they still leave Lamar alnoe is beyond me, Franklin or Lamar should've died so the ending could make some sense...

Trevor doesn`t run from Franklin because he`d be afraid of him but because he DOESN`T WANT to kill him. He`d do anything to avoid that because he considered Franklin as a good and loyal friend.

It was at least how the game portrayed it altough in real life a guy like Trevor wouldn`t give a f*ck for a guy like Franklin or vice versa let alone befriend him..

Flesh-n-Bone

You nitpick a little too much.

- Claude shooting Maria was never confirmed, it was left for us to speculate on.

- Gangs don't suddenly disappear after you kill their boss.

- Leones and Claude are on bad terms when you kill Salvatore, they sent some goons after you in the next mission then that is that. They wont come after you but if you step foot in Portland, they will shoot you with their shotguns.

- Yakuza are one of the few neutral gangs with Claude so there isn't much to happen there since Claude did them a favor by killing the Cartel boss and they are on good terms (unaware he killed Kenji)

- Yardies turned on you on the mission Kingdom Come, them attacking you in LCS despite never doing anything to them is more questionable

- Donald Love's disappearance is another mystery in the series that can't be explained. One would assume he either went into hiding from the Cartel or got kidnapped by them

- Misty is an irrelevant prostitute just to get you familiar with the map and the game, wouldn't look into that very much

AnDReJ98

Of course, i read it clearly, just suggested there should be more than main ones, however it's ok.

MrDeSanta

Just remembered one time i picked an option to kill Michael just too see how the ending looks like is and i picked chose that prompt to help him climb back instead of kicking him off the ledge. And then he buttheaded Franklin which causes Franklin to accidently drops Michael`s arm and then Michael fell off.

I still don`t know why Michael does that, is it on purpouse or what? What do you guys think about this?

American Viking

Just remembered one time i picked an option to kill Michael just too see how the ending looks like is and i picked chose that prompt to help him climb back instead of kicking him off the ledge. And then he buttheaded Franklin which causes Franklin to accidently drops Michael`s arm and then Michael fell off.

I still don`t know why Michael does that, is it on purpouse or what? What do you guys think about this?

Well, if you chose to kill Michael than he HAD to die or the following dialogues and what not wouldn't make sense. If they did actually allow Frank to save em at the last moment, they would've needed to write a follow up for that as well so it probably just came down to being lazy or time constrained. Besides, it's not a Michael Bay production unless he goes out with a headbutt.

Mr_Leone

Option C made me feel empty. I didn't come out of it with a different perspective on the story, it felt rushed and nonlinear. Option A wasnt special, but Mike and Frank have a great back and forth after T is dead.

Sunrise Driver

Chinatown Wars. Well story wise it's a good written and unexpected but F**K it (if you played then you know).

P.S. Where're LCS, VCS, Advance, Chinatown Wars, EFLC and London? Poll is VERY incomplete.

Edited by Street Mix

Stoney0503

You'll say anything to try and turn attention away from GTA V criticism. ;)

Or it could just be my opinion but ok.

Niko said he swore to never work with Dimitri twice in the story and then works with him.

This is one of the reasons I chose revenge, and also to get rid of that shoehorned love interest which no one cared about.

Deal isn't the worst ending in the series though, though I consider it to be the bad ending of the game.

Raiden1018

Niko said he swore to never work with Dimitri twice in the story and then works with him.

This is one of the reasons I chose revenge, and also to get rid of that shoehorned love interest which no one cared about.

Deal isn't the worst ending in the series though, though I consider it to be the bad ending of the game.

And what does that make Frank when killing M? Or when Killing T? Your claim is like a boomerang... it keeps coming back and knocking you down. And plus, thats why it IS a choice. To see if the player values money over family safety or not.

Edited by Raiden1018

Pedinhuh

Trevor doesn`t run from Franklin because he`d be afraid of him but because he DOESN`T WANT to kill him. He`d do anything to avoid that because he considered Franklin as a good and loyal friend.

It was at least how the game portrayed it altough in real life a guy like Trevor wouldn`t give a f*ck for a guy like Franklin or vice versa let alone befriend him..

Actually, if you pay attention to the dialogue during the car chase you will see Trevor saying he will gut Franklin(gut him = kill him), he had no problem in killing Floyd and Debra when he was threatened, even though you could say that Floyd was one his friends...or servants, I dunno.

You can't deny the inconsistency there.

Kampret

V hands down. It's not even action-packed, just simply shoot>rescue>shoot>switch>shoot>explode>shoot>kidnap>meet>push.

For story and dramatic value, IV no doubt. For action-packed mission, SA. Damn I love SA's ending.

Osho

I too, love SA ending.

OT: GTA V

Wow! Polls point to a landslide victory for GTA V with 39 votes for now! :D

PhillBellic

SA's ending provided more closure to the game than V's ever did.

dognuts

GTA V. For reasons already said.

I must add, though - that if it was made so you HAD to kill Michael or Trevor, and Rockstar redid the endings, it could have worked A LOT better. Especially when you kill Trevor, the quote from Michael with the song in background fits really good. On the same coin, killing Michael was pretty eerie. Frank's call to Lamar was also pretty good, using Michael's quotes. I feel these two endings fit the game's story MUCH better. BUT, they still leave HUGE plot holes. If they can be fixed up, Options A and B should have been mandatory. No highway option.

Edited by thekillerdonuts

CarnageRacing00

Pretty sure michael was giving up at that point, knowing that if FRANKLIN of all people would betray him, then he was never going to escape the life he was in so he might as well give up trying.

JeffersonCJ

GTA V have the worst ending. I think R* should release New Ending DLC to improve ending. I thought GTA V will have best ending ever, but it's totally contrary.

On my 2nd place it's GTA III. The last mission is too short (only 5 mins I need to complete it), and because after finishing mission (if I have 99% progress), I not get any reward for 100% completion.

Doland J. Trump

GTA V, rushed, rushed, rushed. Most pathetic endgame choices we could be given I think. It was either kill one of the two of the most developed characters in the game or just kill some of the guys you met along the way who are supposedly "bad". I mean option C hardly made any sense. Killing Haines, alright, he was a bit of a wanker but he didn't really deserve to die. Weston, this is what confused me the most. Why? Why would either Trevor, Michael and Franklin feel they need to kill him? Ok sure he ripped them off a few hundred for those cars but like by the end of the game you should have $20+ mil anyway. To this day I still don't know why we had to kill him. There is no valid reason. Stretch and Chen were just thrown on to the end just so we had more people to kill. We didn't see Chen during the story at all and Stretch played a tiny part in the story. Damn, I hope R* learns from this mistake because it has got to be the worst ending i've ever played. GTA IV makes GTA V look like nothing in terms of story and ending, I actually felt for the characters during IV's endings. The only time I felt a shred of emotion for them in V was in their own respective endings.

Stoney0503

And what does that make Frank when killing M? Or when Killing T? Your claim is like a boomerang... it keeps coming back and knocking you down. And plus, thats why it IS a choice. To see if the player values money over family safety or not.

You get the $250,000 anyway in the revenge ending, lol.

As for the kill M ending, I wish you could fight Micheal, much like you could fight Dimitri or Pegorino.

Trevor ending should stay as it is. If the player wants to kill Micheal and Trevor, they can.

And I did say that Deal ISN'T the worst, the worst is GTA 1's.

Stop trying to act like your opinion is fact bro, you're always making the IV community look bad.

M0rk

GTA V's Ending A & B, imo

Sawnek

GTA V. I feel like they only included the three endings because GTA IV also had multiple endings. Ending C should have been the official ending to V, as what's the point of having choice A and B if you can just skip the choice entirely and have a Hollywood type ending. Alternatively they could have done it where your choices throughout the storyline affect the ending that you get, instead of leaving the choice up to a text message and the click of a button.

Algonquin Assassin

GTA V's finally winning a poll. Just for all the wrong reasons. :blush:

PhillBellic

GTA V's finally winning a poll. Just for all the wrong reasons. :blush:

True, innit.