Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,438 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

American Viking

Which GTA game had the worst ending?

GTA game with worst ending?   

134 members have voted

1. 1. In your opinion, which GTA game has the worst ending?

• GTA 3
    • GTA: Vice City
    • GTA: San Andreas
    • GTA: 4
    • GTA: 5
    • GTA: Liberty City Stories
    • GTA: Vice City Stories
    • GTA: Chinatown Wars
    • GTA 4: The Lost and the Damned
    • GTA 4: The Ballad of Gay Tony
    • GTA 1
    • GTA 2
    • GTA Advance

American Viking

Well, I'll start with what I think has the worst, and unsurprisingly it's GTA 5. I created this thread bc I just finished the game again (barely, it's so bad it was forced) and it got me thinking. Now the ending I always choose is "Death Wish" simply bc it's the canon ending, but it is beyond stupid how it ends.

Even the very first time I played the game and still had that shock and awe feeling I knew it was bad. For one thing, I think the story should have been written in a way that would have allowed us to kill off ANY of the 3 protags, not just Michael or Trevor. The whole shootout at the Foundry between our protags, Merryweather, and the FIB just felt like Rockstar wanted to throw in 1 big final shootout for the heck of it. But the worst part, was after that when each protag killed the enemy of the other protag: Frank killed Wei Cheng for Trevor, Michael killed Stretch for Frank, and Trevor killed Haines for Michael, and then all 3 of them killed Weston. I know right. The first time I played the game I didn't know who was who at the end. lol. Here's the kicker though, Stretch was standing on a basketball court with a group of Ballas just out in the open. Why? He must've known that Franklin or Lamar would not be happy having known that he was behind that ambush out in the sticks and might try to kill him, so why wasn't he laying low in a crack house somewhere or whatever. Instead he is just standing there for easy pickings and it doesn't make sense. And, after Trevor attacks Merryweather and their assets the entire game, they apparently just say "Devin Weston's dead huh...then oh well" and forget all about Trevor and the gold from the previous heist...which is the reason for the shootout at the Foundry in the first place. See how things don't really add up. All in all though, I just do not like how all the antagonists in the whole game are killed one after the other as if it were that easy. It's like the writers grew tired and just slapped an ending on an already mediocre game.

Added a "poll" on the suggestion of a fellow poster to make things easier.

Update: I decided to go ahead and add spin off games as well as 2D games to the poll. I did not realize so many of you actually played them. My apologies for the misconception. Change your answer if you want.

Edited by American Alpha

Mister Pink

I don't really think any of the GTA's had bad endings. I'm usually always left satisfied but I do hear ya on V's ending.

The thing about Stretch just being there felt rushed. I remember just throwing a sticky and wiping them all out in an instant. I would have preferred a more slow-burning mission (not a following mission in a car) but a mission where we'd use stealth, climbing roofs, ladders, jump through a window and using a silenced pistol etc. Or not saying it's applicable to V but if we got Lamar to lure Stretch (was that possible) to a drug deal. You ask stretch to take some hardware from the trunk and you pop him. But a drive by on a basketball court seemed a little too easy and not fleshed out.

Lock n' Stock

GTA V without a doubt. It felt so rushed and unsatisfactory. Even Chinatown Wars had a better ending. They just randomly kill all of their enemies within minutes, and two of the supposed antagonists (Weston and Haines) barely put up a fight. It was funny seeing Weston pushed off a cliff though. I guess they were probably going for an ending that was light-hearted and care-free compared to what GTA IV was, but they already did that much better with TBOGT.

Edited by G.S.T

Algonquin Assassin

GTA V's endings felt like they were written in a couple of minutes. With the typical GTA ending there's a nice build up before the final encounter, but it felt like there was a massive gap between "The Big Score" and the end someone forget to fill.

Normally at the end of a GTA game I think "wow that was amazing". With GTA V it left me speechless how sloppy all three endings were.

PhillBellic

V's endings were the worst by far. In Option C, two 'antagonists', Stretch and Cheng were pointless being included, in fact could any reasonable person even consider them to be antagonists? I don't.

AceThaCreator

This is easy V because of the lack of strong antagonists in this game. With the other GTAs, they built up the animosity between the protag & antag whereas with GTA V the final enemies felt like enemies you would just take out in any plain mission if you choose option C. Options A & B made absolutely no sense at all & those options could've been written better like having ********** assassinated by someone else instead of ******** doing it.

The7thOne

GTA V. I think it was far too soon for the game to end after The Big One. I think that there should have been a few more missions to really space it out, then it should have Devin come to Franklin's house. Not just him coming to Franklin's house not only a day or two after the heist.

MrDeSanta

IMO, the most satisfying ending felt in VC and SA.

V`s endings were little disapointing. Altough the best was an option C but it still didn`t feel that rewarding.

Why did Michael need to wipe out Stretch and Franklin Cheng? The main problem with this game is that one protagonist has constantly needs to clean another protagonist`s sh*t instead of their own.

Aside from VC`s and SA`s ending no one was that memorable tbh, but that`s just how i felt. Tommy finally reached the top and became No.1 crime boss in VC and CJ cleaned one of the most evil GTA antagonist who kept sheeting on his head.

I really felt satisfied with these 2 endings.

Jeansowaty

V's ending was piss poor, that's right. It takes the first place for being the worst ending, hands down. (only talking about ending C). The 2nd one, for me, is GTA LCS ending. It was... unbelievable. You wiped out the whole Sicilian Mafia to meet a guy you barely know, and he is said to be the main antagonist. Heck, he was a weaker antagonist than Wei Cheng and Stretch. And then, that fat slob Salvatore pays you some miserable 500,000$, and that lapdog Toni was meant to get a few milions, not a half. For all the hard work he put into the Leones, for all the times he rescued Salvatore from various ambushes and sheez, he only gets half a milion? That's really weak. (Looking at it the GTA way of course.)

Edited by Jeansowaty

Octavio89

GTA 5

Tycek

Definitely GTA2, since there was no really an ending except "Nice Try" screen with couple of screens on it. But GTA 2 had no story to begin with and thus that ending and not the other one.

If this game can't be picked in our debate then it's definitely GTA V. None GTA game since GTA 2 had so weak ending like V. There are three of them, but choice between incomplete endings and idiotic one is really hard. First two are actually not bad, for the serious side of the game, having some weight to them (losing somebody) and some lesson to be learned (survival is most important than friendship and that you should trust nobody in that business). Were they bad ending for a game about skilled bank robber who sold his friends to protect himself and newly acquired family? I would say they were more than fitting, but unfortunately they are terribly incomplete leaving huge plot holes (about "antagonist" of that game). While ending C links more or less every loose tie that stayed after the story it's simply idiotic and terribly written, while two guys ready to rip each other throats are deciding to be friends for life after all and killing all their enemies in one hour.

I believe that these endings are not completed at all and game was ended rather abruptly, because of time constraints or budget limitations. Probably R* got something different in mind at the beginning, when there were just two endings A and B (previews were mentioning something about playing as two protags and one antagonist, which would fit the general idea of A and B endings) and whole other people were either killed before or not killed at all. Sometimes, lesser evil is better to be picked and maybe that was type we were suppose to get in V. Too bad we won't find it out and we will have to stay with these rather weak finish and weak choice.

Pavle

None. I'm just sad that IV didn't have a happy ending.

cryptorelic

To be honest i think none of the endings are bad, not even the ending from V, i did not really expect more from V after i was half through the story and saw how much missions in total there was. Before V released i thought hell this game would have a good 150+ missions, it would be very big story-wise, i was very disappointed.

Real_Badgirl

I've got to go with V as well. The only ending I've chosen is C, and while I don't think it's bad, it's definitely rushed. It could have been a lot better.

woggleman

C should have been split into separate missions. If you chose that option then another string of missions appeared that were more fleshed out. Not a bad ending but rushed.

Postal Dude

Definitely V, it was clearly rushed (C ending). 2D games really don't count since story basically doesn't exist in those.

Nico

From the games I played, I would say LCS had the worst ending. Agreeing with Jeansowaty, the "main" antagonist only takes a few minutes of screen, and Toni is way very underpaid. Damn, he blew up half of the city for just five thousand.

Professor SmackaDabbah

GTA 5. Option A and B are probably the biggest cases of plot induced stupidity in the whole series and while option C makes a bit more sense, it is just very rushed. A big shootout followed by you going around killing easy targets, and then going somewhere where the game ends. Wow. Epic apparently. It seemed like Rockstar had just come up with a bunch of cool missions when someone went "Wait we gotta have a final mission" so someone else said "Whatever, lets just make it a generic shootout mission".

MrDeSanta

GTA 5. Option A and B are probably the biggest cases of plot induced stupidity in the whole series and while option C makes a bit more sense, it is just very rushed. A big shootout followed by you going around killing easy targets, and then going somewhere where the game ends. Wow. Epic apparently. It seemed like Rockstar had just come up with a bunch of cool missions when someone went "Wait we gotta have a final mission" so someone else said "Whatever, lets just make it a generic shootout mission".

The ending in LCS is indeed the worst GTA ending but even if you`d get few mil $, what would you spend money on?

Anyway lets take a look at GTA endings. I don`t count the top down games since i`ve never played them so i can`t judge.

GTA 3- we can`t blame it`s poor ending because it was the start of 3D era so it deserves a pass. But still, Claude finally kills that bitch Catalina whom he could`ve killed at least few times before that. He finally does it by firing a rocket into her helicopter which for some reason doesn`t escape but keeps circling above the dam just waiting for Claude to blow it up.

Then the screen goes dark and we hear a large bang. Supposely a gunshot that killed Maria or simply scared her so she could just shut the f*ck up.

Boring.

GTA VC&SA- as i already said it`s endings were great and it had the most rewarding feeling for a player. Great written endings IMO.

GTA LCS- shame of any words on it. Totaly unsatisfying end of lapdog Toni and his Don Corleone rip-off boss and few ripped stereotypical mafia quotations of that old Sicilian guy.

Doubly boring

GTA VCS- the ultra hypocritical Vic gets angry on Lance and states for like 50. times already that he doesn`t want to have anything to do with drugs after he kills Martinez and Diego. And then they both fly off into the sunset with Vic on board, heading towards his next drug deal.

The lack of good imagination in this writing.

GTA IV- IMO, far from being bad but neither that special ending. Niko just deals with Pegorino/Dimitri and judging by his facial expression he has similar feeling to that when he dealt with Darko- confused. He expected satisfaction but he wasn`t that fullfiled as he tought he`d be when cleaning the last of his enemies. Statue of liberty showned at the end however adds some quality to this ending and symbolicly shows Niko`s feelings.

GTA TLAD- mediocre to good ending of otherwise very good plot. The burned down TLMC clubhouse cutscene added some sadness to the whole ending and you could just felt that the path of TLMC goes towards unhappy ending. Unfortunately V made those feelings come true.

GTA TBOGT- totaly pathetic ending with gay Toni and his little hetero-lapdog Luis having a little picnic in the monoglobe park after little Luis parachuted down from killing Bulgarin in super ultra over-the-top mission which is an insult to the gravity and realism.

Then Yusuf comes by and adds some of his americanized humor to the whole thing.

Far from being an oscar worthy ending, that`s for sure.

GTA V- any of 3 endings weren`t good but at least an option C felt somehow more satisfying but only because of the whole wiping out the loose ends thing.

I`ve always asked myself why the hell those loose ends you kill in C ending somehow become completely unimportant if you pick A or B? Cheng would still be a threat to Michael even if you kil Trevor and Stretch would still bother Franklin if you kill Michael.

Where`s the f*cking logic here?

Conclusion is we`ve got terrible, bad and mediocre GTA endings. But only 2 of them are actually somehow satisfying- VC`s and SA`s. Altough SA doesn`t have a good story but the ending is above average.

VC however takes the cake at the ending.

But however, that`s just how i personally feel.

Edited by MrDeSanta

Flesh-n-Bone

I enjoyed GTA V, but I must say it takes the cake for the "least good" or more bluntly, worst ending. I enjoy the Death Wish mission but my God, the whole thing was so rushed and sloppily thrown together. It's like they forgot about all the villains each character has, so in the last mission they come up with this "Hey, we all have a target on our backs, oh there's this guy and that guy and that other guy, let's split and kill them in their current location" and that's it. There should be more resistance by the protagonists before they decide to get rid of their enemy through missions where Michael, Trevor and Franklin have to deal with goon squads and drivebys from rivals. Instead, it's just all thrown together after the successful heist.

And endings A and B? Don't even get me started because they are not only equally rushed but also unsatisfying and just terribly thought out. So instead of focusing on your enemies, you kill one of your close friends and just forget about the bad guys? F*ck that.

GTA IV didn't have a happy ending but that was refreshing compared to the repeated feel good endings in the III series and all the games that came out on PS2 have enjoyable endings, specially VC and SA.

Mr. Dreemurr

None of the GTAs has a bad ending. It's all a matter of personal opinion. Personally, I love all the endings, at least the ones I have seen. Each one of them has it's own feeling.

Stoney0503

GTA 1, it's just "I DUN FINK EYM GUNNA SEE YA FUR A LUNG TIME..." The game ends, and people say V's ending is the worst.

Definitely GTA2.

GTA 2 never really had a story unlike GTA 1, so I don't really count that game.

The Deadite

Ending A in V.

Why would Franklin kill Michael?

MrDeSanta

Ending A in V.

Why would Franklin kill Michael?

It makes no f*cking sense i`m telling you. Or like why the f*ck would Trevor even care for someone like Franklin.

Or 100 other things.

V is still my No.1 GTA game but i can`t overlook the obvious flaws. The story in V is confusing as hell and it has no sense at certain points.

Maybe their writers ate too much of those peyotees that they put in new gen V :blink:

AnDReJ98

You know there are other GTA games beside the ones you put at the poll. However, V gets my vote.

Edited by AnDReJ98

American Viking

You know there are other GTA games beside the ones you put at the poll. However, V gets my vote.

Yes, and I clearly said MAIN games would be listed only. You can however choose from any GTA game if you'd like. Just tell us about it.

Octavio89

GTA V (Ending C was basically just : KILL EVERYONE) and that's it. Second worst was btw. Vice City (Rip off from Scarface) IMO

TrevorSpeed914

I think San Andreas's ending is a little over the top. Honestly, I think the game got stale by the time you get to Las Venturas. A brilliant game in many aspects, but not perfect.

Grand Theft Auto 3 is my favorite of the series, but by the time you get to the end, it feels out of place.

Vice City probably has the tightest ending, but the portion of the game where Tommy becomes a business man feels off in comparison to the rest of the game.

IV placed too much emphasis on Niko's relationship with his cousin, so the ending didn't feel like it had much to do with the overall game's feel. Essentially, Niko and Claude are incredibly similar in how they function as protagonists, and I would've liked to see IV with a more III like ending.

V's ending did feel rushed, but I liked the ending with all three protagonists together. I won't be surprised if there's a DLC of some sort...

Raiden1018

All 3 of Vs endings felt forced and had TONS of plot-holes

CarnageRacing00

IVs was pretty bad, Vs was worse... I think V could have been far improved if, after the Big Heist, the guys kinda settled into "normal" life for a while - Franklin buying out Simeon's dealership and starting a LEGIT business selling cars (could be missions where he has to steal the cars back from thieves and such), Trevor would have some missions involving the Vanilla Unicorn and Michael's Solomon missions would take place here...

The ending would be the kidnapping of michaels family at the Meltdown premiere, Trevor and Franklin are there and go off with Michael to rescue his family, then after the rescue they head off murder Westin which requires a heist of sorts involving the infiltration of his hideout and extraction, and then execution and burial at sea.