4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

New monitor for PC

SilverRST

Hello fellas,

last month it as one year since I bought this sh*t TN panel monitor.

It was my first PC monitor ever because I was a huge notebookfan the past 10 years.

I always think the notebook display are very nice, clear and naturally. Of course not all

but this made it very hard to find a very good PC monitor.

I understand IPS monitors are good because of they viewing angles and colors, so

I'm thinking of an IPS monitor but which one I don't know. I do understand IPS

are not good for FPS games and mostly not for FPS in MP but I can't be bothered to play those pathetic sh*t games.

I'm more into GTA, mostly all 3D GTA games to HD such as GTAIV and GTAV, I also love to play racing games

and watching movies too. I do not play any multiplayer.

I also understand there more better monitor techs than IPS but I forget which one.

Anyway, which really good monitor do you recommend me? I live in the Netherlands and the budget for a monitor is around 250 euros.

Maximum is 300.

And please only 1080p.

Size limitations? For solely gaming use and with a budget that high, I'd be looking for a 144Hz, sub-1ms TN panel screen.

Something like an LG 24GM77-B or ASUS VG248QE

Untitled-1.jpg
P R O J E C T | S A N D W A S P

Intel 6900K @4.3GHz (1.285v) | MSI X99A MPOWER | 32GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3000MHz CL14

Custom Distro Plate | XSPC D5 PWM | Watercool Heatkiller Blocks | HardwareLabs GTS & GTX 360 Radiators
Corsair AX750 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL | EVGA GeForce RTX2080 XC @2055MHz | Samsung 970 Evo 
2x Samsung 860 Evo 500GB | Gigabyte WBAX200 | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Q Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4

That, or you can get a IPS 60Hz panel, which will have wider viewing angle, better colours, better contrast, etc.

On the downside it won't be as fast as TN (but still fast enough for most gamers), and the black colour might not be actually as black as on TN panels.

Also do note that to make most of the 144Hz monitor you'd need to have a powerful rig, capable of running games @ 144FPS (or at least way more than 60FPS). It will work fine with just 60FPS or less, but you won't notice the difference compared to 60Hz panel.

Edited by yojo2

74cXSsx.png

I bought a LG 27" 1920x1080 IPS monitor last year. The colors on it are great and I personally don't really notice any lag with its 5MS response time when FPS gaming. My only complaint is that 27" is too big for 1920x1080 as I can see every pixel, though that's my own fault for not doing my research before hitting the buy button.

@sivispacem, I forgot that one. I am fine with 24" and 27". I play games more like GTA and racing games such as NFS HP2010 and hopefully

The Crew and Project CARS.

@yoyo2, my rig is capable of producing more than 60FPS. My setup: i7-4770, GTX780 and 16GB RAM.

But 144hz is not really my thing. It's not like I'm a hardcore gamer. My current monitor is a crappy Asus VK248H

and colors are washed out. The clock at the right above corner is kind of yellow than actually white.

TN is just digusting to me.

@Ryan, which monitor do you have? Is there also a 24" version?

Edited by SilverRST

Lightbleeding is a common issue for LED-backlit monitors. And you might find dead pixels in every LCD panel. These defects are not limited to Dell monitors.

74cXSsx.png

Looks like the LG 24MP56HQ-P is their current offering at 24". You can find all LG's IPS monitors

here.

I've got the 22" version of that one (the 22MP65HQ-P) and it's fantastic.

Untitled-1.jpg
P R O J E C T | S A N D W A S P

Intel 6900K @4.3GHz (1.285v) | MSI X99A MPOWER | 32GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3000MHz CL14

Custom Distro Plate | XSPC D5 PWM | Watercool Heatkiller Blocks | HardwareLabs GTS & GTX 360 Radiators
Corsair AX750 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL | EVGA GeForce RTX2080 XC @2055MHz | Samsung 970 Evo 
2x Samsung 860 Evo 500GB | Gigabyte WBAX200 | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Q Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4

Mine is a Samsung T24C310, it's the best HD monitor I've ever had really, it has a 2ms input lag wich is awesome, the only downside is that it only has one HDMI and DVI inputs.

Edited by StrafeBolt

jYzLR2j.png

Mine is a Samsung T24C310, it's the best HD monitor I've ever had really, it has a 2ms input lag wich is awesome, the only downside is that it only has one HDMI and DVI inputs.

That's not a monitor, it's a television. Yes, there is a difference. Televisions are generally lower grade than monitors.

Plus it's only a TN panel and not IPS.

For IPS these are probably what I'd go for with that budget:

http://de.pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-monitor-vx279q

http://de.pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-monitor-mx279h

http://de.pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-monitor-vg27ah

Just keep in mind prices are for Germany and they may differ for whatever reason and yes I'm an Asus fanboy when it comes to monitors. :D

Personally I'd go with either the MX (looks) or VG (wouldn't look out of place next to my other monitor).

That's not a monitor, it's a television. Yes, there is a difference. Televisions are generally lower grade than monitors.

Plus it's only a TN panel and not IPS.

You're right my bad sorry, didn't noticed the OP wanted an IPS monitor. Got mine mainly due to the low input lag for competitive games, and honestly I haven't really noticed such a massive difference when compared to other monitor-only screens.

Back on topic, if you're going for an IPS monitor I would suggest either Asus or Dell, you just can't go wrong with those. I personally would go for an 24" monitor, like others have said 27" is just too big for 1080p.

jYzLR2j.png

Yeah I know, 27" for a 1080p might be too big. However, i like big monitors :p The only problem I have because I refuse to get a 1440p

is because it require a beast of a GPU and I want room for eye-candy. And 1440p is too expensive anyway.

@TheMcSame, those monitors caught my interessts. They look awesome, thanks :)

I'm sure the Netherlands do have the same prices as for Germany.