2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

The Hero

[REL|SA] Low quality shadows on every Visual fx quality setting

The Hero

I've wanted this for a long time. On the PC version you can't disable the dynamic stencil shadows without otherwise degrading the visual quality. Silent helped me to create this simple mod which disables them and enables the low quality shadows that you get on the lowest visual fx quality setting and on the PS2.

http://aap.papnet.eu/gta/ps2shads.asi

TJGM

Nice. :^:

I added tags into the title as all mods in the Showroom require them.

The Hero

Oh yeah, forgot them.

Snoops27

yayyyy nice one! :D

MrMateczko

Finally, someone made this a no CLEO version!

This not only fixes any lags I might have from the default shadows, it keeps my grass, and fixes the buggy shadows that are all over San Fierro (the weird hexagonal thingies)

BIG THANKS!

The game looks better with the simple PS2 shadows for me.

uncaged

Careful guys, its too close to "GTA San Andreas - Modder's Only True Remastered Edition" :)

Sweet! Is there any way to increase these shadows draw distance ?

Inadequate

Nice! Finally an ASI :p

ric4rd094

Careful guys, its too close to "GTA San Andreas - Modder's Only True Remastered Edition" :)

Sweet! Is there any way to increase these shadows draw distance ?

There is something like that and it's Wesser's work :)

http://gtaforums.com/topic/714017-fixes-improvements-to-vanilla-san-andreas/page-36?do=findComment&comment=1066477169

AND BTW - Is there a way to disable dynamic shadows in the cutscenes?

Edited by ric4rd094

uncaged

Thank you very much! Thats it!

UPD

It is unbelievable, but I have some weird problems with my STATIC shadows. And I guess that is not even this mod's fault. The problem happens even when I use LOW settings without this mod.There are no shadows from lamposts, some cars do not have shadows at all, but their shadows appear when I get in that car and disappears again when I exit it. Maybe that TTDISA messed something again...

Can anyone tell me is there some file in the game resources that "contains" static shadows? I'm going to try to put that file to the modloader and see what will happen.

Edited by uncaged

Reyks

...There are no shadows from lamposts...

Oops sorry about that, I removed the lampost shadows in the particle.txd I gave ya, just edit the file with TXD Workshop and replace "lamp_shad_64" with the one from the original particle.txd.

EDIT: particle.txd has all static shadows textures in it, although I only removed the lampost one.

Edited by StrafeBolt

uncaged

Yes, putting original particle to magic modloader fixed lamposts. Thanks.

I quess there are some places where even static car's shadows do not show (like in the "shaded" places "behind" buildings). If I leave previously shadowless car "on the sun" the shadow do not disappear :)

mirh

Sorry, could you explain what would be wrong with dynamic stencil shadows?

I mean.. isn't dynamic > static?

And shouldn't low quality shadows be a bad thing?

Blackbird88

Sorry, could you explain what would be wrong with dynamic stencil shadows?

I mean.. isn't dynamic > static?

And shouldn't low quality shadows be a bad thing?

Some people prefer PS2 shadows I guess. I don't understand it either, but if they really want to.

uncaged

As for me the dynamic shadows are sooo ugly. And barely visible also. But if to make them darker, there will be a LOT of flickering everywhere. That just drive me mad. These simple PS2 shadows allow you to enjoy the game not feeling pain in the ass.

Silent

But stencil shadows suck :(

Dynamic shadows for peds are nice though imho.

Edited by Silent

Reyks

Dynamic shadows were a nice idea but sadly were poorly executed by R*, they're so damn buggy and broken especially the building ones, PS2 shadows are way more "clean" and just fits the game perfectly imo.

TIP:If you don't like the texture try using the ones in Overdose Effects 1.4 particle.txd ;).

Dynamic shadows for peds are nice though imho.

They don't show up on every surface.

MrMateczko

Stencil shadows causes hexagonal things amongst other bugs that can be seen while using the Shadow Settings Extender...

They suck.

Blackbird88

Well I don't care about any of these bugs so suit yourself.

SilverRST

Holy crap! I've been searching for this for a long time! I always have been playing the game at Low FX just to get rid of those goddamn ugly shadows

and Shadow Extender by DK is not making it any good. I just don't want realistic shadows, that just doesn't fit in GTA III Era games.

Thanks a lot you made it possible!

A small question, this asi also disables the ugly dynamic buildings and trees shadows?

MrMateczko

Since I don't have the bugs I mentioned twice now in this topic, yes, it disables those. :)

uncaged

Sad, but Wesser's Static Shadows Distance mod does't work fine for me. It disables vehicle's shadows at all. The only way to make it work is to reload save few times. But if I die vehicle's shadows and headlight cones on the road may disappear again :(

If someone doesn't have problems with static shadow distance he will be able to see beauty like this:

0PQ9lJR.jpg

Lucky bastards :panic:

EDIT:

Wesser said that:

I exclude the access of an unreferenced memory allocation, that's not the case. You might have installed a similar script which changes some of the same memory addresses, whose thread is somehow started a few times before and sometimes after while starting a new game or loading a savegame (pretty odd though). There's either a mod conflict or you screwed up something very hard. :p

Oooh, I removed every single mod that was possible. Still the same. Again TTDISA seems to be the reason. Damn you, TTDISA !!! Why are you so buggy ? :cry:

Edited by uncaged

Reyks

Want an advice? Remove TTDISA it's an outdated mod from 2006 and will very likely not work properly with the mods we have now, you can live without it. Better yet, reinstall your game just to be 100% sure there's nothing left of that mod in your game.

Edited by StrafeBolt

uncaged

Well when I look on the list of TTDISA features I'm getting scared with amound of word "fixed" there. Now without GTA-SA seems half empty. Of course with TTDISA I'm affraid of crashes, corrupted saves and other surprises. But someone said that mighty Silent was going to make new patch for it, so I'm not losing hope :)

Reyks

While it fixes some stuff it breaks other stuff, this year the modding community fixed so many bugs in this game that would put TTDISA to shame.

Since you're new here just take a look around the Mod Showroom and read through some threads, you will see exactly what I mean.

mirh

Want an advice? Remove TTDISA it's an outdated mod from 2006 and will very likely not work properly with the mods we have now, you can live without it. Better yet, reinstall your game just to be 100% sure there's nothing left of that mod in your game.

First of all, it's dated 2009 with subsequent patches.

Besides, it has so many stuff that really, maybe every this year's fix together could come close

And if silent say it's fine, it is fine

@uncaged

did you raise ISO? :lol:

uncaged

While it fixes some stuff it breaks other stuff, this year the modding community fixed so many bugs in this game that would put TTDISA to shame.

Since you're new here just take a look around the Mod Showroom and read through some threads, you will see exactly what I mean.

I see. Sounds persuasively :) Looks like you have real reasons to say so. Indeed there are a lot of my favourite "restoration" mods in showroom. Thanks for advice, mate :)

MIRH, sorry I do not understand that joke :)

Edited by uncaged

SilverRST

I'm very happy I finally can play GTA SA with Low shadows while the settings is on Very High FX.

Finally to see those Very High FX such as grass, smoke and dirt when driving on offroads.

Those f*cking ugly dynamic shadows were the main reason I had to play the game at Low FX despite of having and i7 and GTX780.

Thanks a lot, The Hero! You are my Hero XD

what's my name

please someone make a direct link for me...i cant download the asi with that link. thanks.

SilverRST

please someone make a direct link for me...i cant download the asi with that link. thanks.

You have to rightclick on that link, choose "Save as" and when you have to choose a place to save, save the file as "All files" instead of "as a .txt file"

CML99

You have to rightclick on that link, choose "Save as" and when you have to choose a place to save, save the file as "All files" instead of "as a .txt file"

wat?

Same problem here:

VIy9YNS.jpg