3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

Vice City - The Leftovers Fix

Igor Bogdanoff

1 hour ago, ChubbyB0b said:

Download ReduxMod, few posts up and move everything inside modloader folder, only remove OriginalHD GUI, and you should be good to go. It's basically LF mod with other fixes.

Lol nope mate, it also crashes, exact same part of the loading bar

In the beta version of GTA Vice City, the exhaust pipes on the Stretch were normal and textured, but in the retail version they are transparent, almost glass-like.

The Stretch has a bug; if the player damages one of the side-front panels, then that front light at that side will still work but the front light on the undamaged side will not work.

If the player damages the Stretch and the engine start to smoke, the smoke will come from mid-air beside the side-front panel, not from the engine itself.

Edited by sanflo2967

19 hours ago, Ellie-H said:

Lol nope mate, it also crashes, exact same part of the loading bar

Interesting. Do you have any other mods installed? It doesn't crash for me.

You don't really need PS2 Feels. Everything in ReduxMod folder is made to make game look like on PS2.

It also has Anniversary HUD, if you don't want it, copy stuff from OriginalHD HUD and paste in inside AnniversaryHUD folder and overwrite the files. After that remove OriginalHD Hud mod from modloader.

18 hours ago, sanflo2967 said:

In the beta version of GTA Vice City, the exhaust pipes on the Stretch were normal and textured, but in the retail version they are transparent, almost glass-like.

The Stretch has a bug; if the player damages one of the side-front panels, then that front light at that side will still work but the front light on the undamaged side will not work.

If the player damages the Stretch and the engine start to smoke, the smoke will come from mid-air beside the side-front panel, not from the engine itself.

It's a potato port. The more you fix the game the more you realize how many issues it has. I have made a collection of over 1000 fixes and I still find new issues and bugs every time I load the game.

Edited by ChubbyB0b

4 hours ago, ChubbyB0b said:

Interesting. Do you have any other mods installed? It doesn't crash for me.

You don't really need PS2 Feels. Everything in ReduxMod folder is made to make game look like on PS2.

It also has Anniversary HUD, if you don't want it, copy stuff from OriginalHD HUD and paste in inside AnniversaryHUD folder and overwrite the files. After that remove OriginalHD Hud mod from modloader.

It's a potato port. The more you fix the game the more you realize how many issues it has. I have made a collection of over 1000 fixes and I still find new issues and bugs every time I load the game.

this time I am not remotely interested in anything PS2 Feels related , and in modloader no, I dont have more mods installed, I have a sh*t ton of scripts mods and asi mods tho, but removing them all didnt help

3 hours ago, Ellie-H said:

this time I am not remotely interested in anything PS2 Feels related , and in modloader no, I dont have more mods installed, I have a sh*t ton of scripts mods and asi mods tho, but removing them all didnt help

Weird, did you also move other things from Redux folder or only modloader stuff?

2 hours ago, ChubbyB0b said:

Weird, did you also move other things from Redux folder or only modloader stuff?

only modloader

11 hours ago, Ellie-H said:

only modloader

I would suggest trying putting everything inside your Vice City folder, preferably after clean installation, and after that you can test it and if It works add remaining mods you used.

12 hours ago, ChubbyB0b said:

I would suggest trying putting everything inside your Vice City folder, preferably after clean installation, and after that you can test it and if It works add remaining mods you used.

Look mate dont take this personal, but I would rather just fix the VLCF's ipl and ide files, thank you

20 hours ago, Ellie-H said:

Look mate dont take this personal, but I would rather just fix the VLCF's ipl and ide files, thank you

I don't know why it doesn't work for you. I use that collection and everything works fine. Maybe you have other mods casuing issues. Don't know.

Edited by ChubbyB0b

1 hour ago, ChubbyB0b said:

I don't know why it doesn't work for you. I use that collection and everything works fine. Maybe you have other mods casuing issues. Don't know.

No I dont, I pretty much installed both the original VCLF and your version on a clean install (including modloader and limiter adjuster) and neither did work, besides that your collection does include stuff like hd textures and such, and I aint too fond of putting HD textures on a 2002 game

Edited by Ellie-H

2 hours ago, Ellie-H said:

No I dont, I pretty much installed both the original VCLF and your version on a clean install (including modloader and limiter adjuster) and neither did work, besides that your collection does include stuff like hd textures and such, and I aint too fond of putting HD textures on a 2002 game

If you are using R* Games Launcher version then I think it needs to be downgraded first, that's why there is gta-vc.exe inside Redux folder, it replaces the installed one. If you are on Steam, you should also remove testapp.

I just tested with your settings OLA and ModLoader only and it works fine (I only put Fixes folders in modloader).

I really don't know why you don't want other scripts and fixes, most of them are essential to make game run properly (Silent's patch especially).

Audio folder - contains PS2 radio stations with removed songs, original PS2 police dispatcher

SkyGFX - Restores PS2 loading screens and trails

PedSpeech - Fixes Bug where Tommy doesn't speak when hitting other cars

ConstructStatLine - Fixes main menu stats not counting properly

Silent's patch and DDraw - makes game run properly, allows better frame limiter and fixes numerous issues with games performance, also brings back a lot of PS2 stuff

Character/Vehicle/Map/General/Weapon Fixes folders - pretty much self-explanatory

WidescreenFix - self-explanatory

Anniversary HUD - brings Mobile (Anniversary) HUD

OrginalHD Hud - Original HUD in high resolution

Nothing custom is added here, only fixes for original game, to make it like on PS2.  If it still doesn't work, perhaps you should reinstall the game, delete testapp and gta-vc.exe from installation folder and place everything from Redux folder inside. You should also install Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables because they are needed for some .asi fixes. If you don't want to do it, then I can't help you.

On 10/16/2022 at 1:28 AM, ChubbyB0b said:

If you are using R* Games Launcher version then I think it needs to be downgraded first, that's why there is gta-vc.exe inside Redux folder, it replaces the installed one. If you are on Steam, you should also remove testapp.

I just tested with your settings OLA and ModLoader only and it works fine (I only put Fixes folders in modloader).

I really don't know why you don't want other scripts and fixes, most of them are essential to make game run properly (Silent's patch especially).

Audio folder - contains PS2 radio stations with removed songs, original PS2 police dispatcher

SkyGFX - Restores PS2 loading screens and trails

PedSpeech - Fixes Bug where Tommy doesn't speak when hitting other cars

ConstructStatLine - Fixes main menu stats not counting properly

Silent's patch and DDraw - makes game run properly, allows better frame limiter and fixes numerous issues with games performance, also brings back a lot of PS2 stuff

Character/Vehicle/Map/General/Weapon Fixes folders - pretty much self-explanatory

WidescreenFix - self-explanatory

Anniversary HUD - brings Mobile (Anniversary) HUD

OrginalHD Hud - Original HUD in high resolution

Nothing custom is added here, only fixes for original game, to make it like on PS2.  If it still doesn't work, perhaps you should reinstall the game, delete testapp and gta-vc.exe from installation folder and place everything from Redux folder inside. You should also install Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables because they are needed for some .asi fixes. If you don't want to do it, then I can't help you.

Got a few questions,

-Does this modpack inlcude the fixes or equivalent tweaks from 'Neon and Shadows Fix' by KDST and 'VC Map Fixes' from Rocky24pl and also 'ORG Patch (Map fixes) from DimZet? 
-Do you need Openlimitadjuster for this work properly?

-Is it compatible with vehicle modpacks (I'm using Beta cars mod)

-No custom-made fixes right? Only PS2 conversions?

-Why does this mod require it's own .exe? (I am using steam version)

-What does Marinabaycarpark and Policefix in CLEO fix?

Thanks!

Edited by ArhumMK51

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/19/2022 at 11:34 AM, ArhumMK51 said:

Got a few questions,

-Does this modpack inlcude the fixes or equivalent tweaks from 'Neon and Shadows Fix' by KDST and 'VC Map Fixes' from Rocky24pl and also 'ORG Patch (Map fixes) from DimZet? 
-Do you need Openlimitadjuster for this work properly?

-Is it compatible with vehicle modpacks (I'm using Beta cars mod)

-No custom-made fixes right? Only PS2 conversions?

-Why does this mod require it's own .exe? (I am using steam version)

-What does Marinabaycarpark and Policefix in CLEO fix?

Thanks!

Sorry for late reply:

1. Map Fixes yes, Neon and Shadows Fix and ORG Patch no, I wasn't aware of the first and forgot to add the latter

2. Yes, included

3. It should work fine, you can try by putting dff and texture files in vehicle folder so it's easier to fix or remove if something goes wrong

4. Both, it restores PS2 features and fixes stuff R* didn't bother fixing (game still has ton of UV mapping, models and texture issues, but good amount is fixed)

5. Because I believe only 1.0 version works fine with mods, I believe 1.1 is incompatible with some, I mean you can try but I use 1.0 just to be sure

6. Honestly, no clue, I forgot, been a while since I made that collection

Edited by ChubbyB0b

• 2 weeks later...

-Phil's ingame model without his left arm is different than his normal model.

-donald love cutscene model was not fixed.

-Freeway and Walton beta models in the cutscene of the missions messing with the man and gun runner.

Edited by sanflo2967

Please provide a reupload of the V-Rock and Flash FM audio files. The links, even the MEGA mirror are deleted.

On 11/17/2022 at 1:23 PM, Panzermann11 said:

Please provide a reupload of the V-Rock and Flash FM audio files. The links, even the MEGA mirror are deleted.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/8hjrs2m06oqawax/ReduxMod.rar/file

Included here in audio folder with other original or improved radio stations

Edited by ChubbyB0b

On 11/15/2022 at 7:05 PM, sanflo2967 said:

-Phil's ingame model without his left arm is different than his normal model.

-donald love cutscene model was not fixed.

-Freeway and Walton beta models in the cutscene of the missions messing with the man and gun runner.

Mod is dead, perhaps it will be revived in the future but who knows.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/28/2014 at 2:03 AM, Inadequate said:

ඩබල් පෝස්ට් එකට සමාවෙන්න.

නව නිවැරදි කිරීම්:

බාගන්න: https://www.sendspace.com/file/tyy95m

Thanks very Much For Fixing This s#hitt MaN, Good luck for uor Works! ❤️✌️👍

On 11/22/2022 at 4:38 AM, ChubbyB0b said:

Included here in audio folder with other original or improved radio stations

Thank U Love It Maa Brother ✌️🌹 It's very GooD! ❤️👍

7 hours ago, Vishnuka said:

Thanks very Much For Fixing This s#hitt MaN, Good luck for uor Works! ❤️✌️👍

Thank U Love It Maa Brother ✌️🌹 It's very GooD! ❤️👍

Just a quick info, that entire folder is collection of LF mod, map fixes and other stuff that fix or restore original PS2 content, so have that in mind.

9 hours ago, ChubbyB0b said:

Just a quick info, that entire folder is collection of LF mod, map fixes and other stuff that fix or restore original PS2 content, so have that in mind.

Yeah I definitely mind IT! 👍🤟✌️

• 2 weeks later...

Any mod to fix this?
There are also a lot of one-sided textured fences.
Also the door at the exit of the hotel looks invisible, I don't remember the original looking that bad, I haven't checked it yet.

spacer.png

12 hours ago, Yupoman said:

Any mod to fix this?
There are also a lot of one-sided textured fences.
Also the door at the exit of the hotel looks invisible, I don't remember the original looking that bad, I haven't checked it yet.

spacer.png

Try this:

Just have clean installation first and just place everything into Vice City folder.

On 12/29/2022 at 12:53 AM, Yupoman said:

what does that pack have?

Leftover fix, Vice City map fixes, silents patch, widescreen fix, ps2 sounds, etc. Basically things that restores PS2 stuff and fix a lot of PC bugs and issues. There's still a lot of issues but most of the stuff is the fixed.