4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Vice City - The Leftovers Fix

Sneed

Black Handkerchief

why the hell that rockstar removed some great ps2 features from pc ???

not only vice city, but it also happen to gta 3 and san andreas :angry:

ChubbyB0b
On 12/29/2020 at 8:48 PM, Black Handkerchief said:

why the hell that rockstar removed some great ps2 features from pc ???

not only vice city, but it also happen to gta 3 and san andreas :angry:

They removed a lot of things and introduced a lot of bugs and textureless buildings/cars, game stuff in general. GTA III is kinda okay, but Vice City and San Andreas are bad ports. A lot of things from PS2 versions are missing and to this day haven't been reintroduced/patched. Considering it's 2021 it's unlikely it's going to be fixed. Thankfully mods exist to fix most of the issues. :D 

timberwolf1

It worked, thanks!

Edited by timberwolf1
Mister A

Hey guys, just asking.. Is there gonna be any update? Cuz when I install all of the required mods (not the recommended ones), the game crashed at a certain area on the map. For instance, when heading to pole position club, the game crashes somewhere around the gas station I think. Also, when I tried to put the police dispatcher sound, it says that the sfx is corrupted for some reason.. I'm 100% sure that I downloaded it correctly but it says it's corrupted. 

ChubbyB0b
On 1/10/2021 at 8:45 AM, Mister A said:

Hey guys, just asking.. Is there gonna be any update? Cuz when I install all of the required mods (not the recommended ones), the game crashed at a certain area on the map. For instance, when heading to pole position club, the game crashes somewhere around the gas station I think. Also, when I tried to put the police dispatcher sound, it says that the sfx is corrupted for some reason.. I'm 100% sure that I downloaded it correctly but it says it's corrupted. 

Unlikely at this point but try a mod which one kind gentleman provided at page 91. Map fixes like PS2 version, he explained installation process there.

• 2 weeks later...
B_Smiles

SPAAAAAM jk

Washington Heights apartment

- fixed missing textures, matches appearance in VCS (but texture can be changed to preference)

Spoiler

snap-1608376391.png

Fixed UV mapping on mansion boundary walls (both sides)

Spoiler

snap-1610310024.png

Fixed baton

Spoiler

snap-1610210068.png

Fixed depot LOD

Spoiler

snap-1610710797.png

Tarbrush Café back office

- fixed walls / tables

Spoiler

snap-1610280945.png

Kaufman Cabs

Spoiler

snap-1610903979.png

Washington Beach VCPD HQ

Spoiler

snap-1610052886.png

Washington beach house

- fixed exterior

- additional version with hedge to match LOD

Spoiler

snap-1609172771.png

• Like 11
gts.

Unlikely. This modification and LCLF hasn't been updated since 2016 or so, and the main team seems to be inactive or splitted up.

Sneed

i would like to update/upgrade the mod if i had will and time.

as of now its chaotic mess of something fixed and not fixed with various editors used to create fixes. 

it would be best to reboot it and choose some less chaotic approach to be sure to cover most of broken mess rockstar gave us. (like approaching all parts of maps seperately based on ide).

and i still cant even come to conclusion how to approach fixing backface culling related issues.

• Like 3
Garpown
4 hours ago, Sneed said:

and i still cant even come to conclusion how to approach fixing backface culling related issues.

The backface culling issues are fixed with skygfx. Or with a custom cleo mod I have seen floating around. Though, this usually creates a problem with windows, they get a double effect and lose a lot of the transparency. To fix it, you just need the PS2 models converted to PC or edit them manually yourself.

Or... you can edit all the models ingame that have backface culling issues but this method is way more troublesome than fixing a couple of windows.

Edited by Garpown
more tips
Sneed
1 hour ago, Garpown said:

The backface culling issues are fixed with skygfx. Or with a custom cleo mod I have seen floating around. Though, this usually creates a problem with windows, they get a double effect and lose a lot of the transparency. To fix it, you just need the PS2 models converted to PC or edit them manually yourself.

Or... you can edit all the models ingame that have backface culling issues but this method is way more troublesome than fixing a couple of windows.

thing is. using pc map files many files are already have cloned polygons, others not, others are straight up broken.

it would be nice to have some optimized files to not waste performance (for possible mobile and other platform fix port)

1 hour ago, ernestin1 said:

But fixes like the ones @B_Smiles posted are just anecdotal? id love to have them

you can still use them, noone is forcing you not to.

there were many fixes posted since 2016 and with various quality. (like i think nitwill's? which had collision fix, which caused more issues by breaking some collsion limits in game :/ )

• Like 2
ernestin1
34 minutes ago, Sneed said:

you can still use them, noone is forcing you not to.

there were many fixes posted since 2016 and with various quality. (like i think nitwill's? which had collision fix, which caused more issues by breaking some collsion limits in game :/ )

But, there is no download link for the ones Smiles just posted.

I wonder if someone has a folder with the separate fixes that have been posted over the years...

Kalvin
15 hours ago, ernestin1 said:

But, there is no download link for the ones Smiles just posted.

Each of the images he posted link to their own separate downloads. :)

Jack_Met
On 1/29/2021 at 5:50 PM, B_Smiles said:

SPAAAAAM jk

Washington Heights apartment

- fixed missing textures, matches appearance in VCS (but texture can be changed to preference)

Reveal hidden contents

snap-1608376391.png

Fixed UV mapping on mansion boundary walls (both sides)

Reveal hidden contents

snap-1610310024.png

Fixed baton

Reveal hidden contents

snap-1610210068.png

Fixed depot LOD

Reveal hidden contents

snap-1610710797.png

Tarbrush Café back office

- fixed walls / tables

Reveal hidden contents

snap-1610280945.png

Kaufman Cabs

Reveal hidden contents

snap-1610903979.png

Washington Beach VCPD HQ

Reveal hidden contents

snap-1610052886.png

Washington beach house

- fixed exterior

- additional version with hedge to match LOD

Reveal hidden contents

snap-1609172771.png

Where can i download it??

spartaque12
5 hours ago, Jack_Met said:

Where can i download it??

press on each image

Danielovitch

Hi guys, I'm new around here. I have been trying for a long time to repair the lights of the heliports of ocean beach and vice point, I know that the problem is in vclf ide / ipl. I don't understand programming so for me it is complicated. Any help is appreciated

Edited by Danielovitch
bad presentation
gts.
On 1/30/2021 at 9:51 AM, Sneed said:
Spoiler

i would like to update/upgrade the mod if i had will and time.

as of now its chaotic mess of something fixed and not fixed with various editors used to create fixes. 

it would be best to reboot it and choose some less chaotic approach to be sure to cover most of broken mess rockstar gave us. (like approaching all parts of maps seperately based on ide).

Probably rebooting the whole thing using the PS2 map/models as base would be fine?

Sneed
5 hours ago, gts. said:

Probably rebooting the whole thing using the PS2 map/models as base would be fine?

ye thought about that

or using some comparison based on missing vertex thingies (for transparency used for puddles and fake reflections) and amount of polygons

as PC files are superior in one way, they are not "exploded" like ps2 one

http://aap.papnet.eu/gta/fpc.jpeg

(this is with backface culling on ofc)

ChubbyB0b

Complete reboot of the mod would be the best approach in my opinion. First release could fix the most noticeable things and missing textures with the other fixes being added later.

Sneed

missings textures will probably be very easy to fix, as it seems that xbox versions is not lacking any

so just compare extracted xbox txds against pc txds, see what textures are missing and copy them over.

i would also like to incomporate highest quality textures if possible from other gtas, manhunt and dimzet archive
(ofc capped at 256x256; but remember one guitar texture in vc pc is 512x256)

Edited by Sneed
  • Like 1
ernestin1

I really hope to see this coming to life one day, I love certain PS2 Details should as the Greenish buildings (rather than white) and the weapon Models

ChubbyB0b
1 hour ago, ernestin1 said:

I really hope to see this coming to life one day, I love certain PS2 Details should as the Greenish buildings (rather than white) and the weapon Models

Couldn't agree more. I just realized how unfinished and crappy PC port of Vice City is. Some things I thought are intentional/design only showed to be bugs which is kinda sad to be honest. Like the picture above with safehouse. I always thought stairs were supposed to be white only to see that texture was missing. It appears that PS2 version is massively better than PC version in terms of map (literally every part of PC map has bugs and missing textures) and some missing features. Hopefully this mod will be remade one day. 

2 hours ago, Sneed said:

missings textures will probably be very easy to fix, as it seems that xbox versions is not lacking any

so just compare extracted xbox txds against pc txds, see what textures are missing and copy them over.

i would also like to incomporate highest quality textures if possible from other gtas, manhunt and dimzet archive
(ofc capped at 256x256; but remember one guitar texture in vc pc is 512x256)

Aren't some textures different between these versions? Or objects? I know XBOX version has different cars and some improvements.

Sneed

nah, it would use PC textures ofc.

and xbox map textures are just PC textures more crapified (sometimes lower resolution and all of the textures went through recompression :) )

btw ps2 map still have missing texture

like soap dropper in bathroom in scarface hotel room or w.e it is, it's only on xbox (and texture is called untitled-1 :D)

Edited by Sneed
  • Like 1
ChubbyB0b
1 hour ago, Sneed said:

nah, it would use PC textures ofc.

and xbox map textures are just PC textures more crapified (sometimes lower resolution and all of the textures went through recompression :) )

btw ps2 map still have missing texture

like soap dropper in bathroom in scarface hotel room or w.e it is, it's only on xbox (and texture is called untitled-1 :D)

So even PS2 had some bugs. Interesting, but also kinda easy to explain. VC always felt rushed, most noticeably map. For example beach is extremely big and serves no purpose at all. Also some other parts of the map are "empty". Maybe they didnt have enough time to polish the game properly enough and add more content. In the end game is iconic with the best soundtrack and arguably story.

• Like 1
gts.
9 hours ago, Sneed said:

ps2 map still have missing texture

like soap dropper in bathroom in scarface hotel room or, it's only on xbox and texture is called untitled-1 :D

Texture name is proof that it was made in microsoft's paint lol.

Sneed
8 hours ago, ChubbyB0b said:

So even PS2 had some bugs. Interesting, but also kinda easy to explain. VC always felt rushed, most noticeably map. For example beach is extremely big and serves no purpose at all. Also some other parts of the map are "empty". Maybe they didnt have enough time to polish the game properly enough and add more content. In the end game is iconic with the best soundtrack and arguably story.

worst offense is downtown and little haiti.

most bugs, no correct scaling and downtown being funnily small.

• Like 2