3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

The Hero

SkyGfx: PS2, Xbox and Mobile graphics for PC

nonamenoname

Well, reflections not compatible with SA-MP.

Crashes when any vehicle streams in.

In "SAMP Debug" this happens: http://puu.sh/d5OZk/991fefe480.jpg

Also F5 does nothing?

install SAMPGraphicRestore

Chilean Dawg

Well, reflections not compatible with SA-MP.

Crashes when any vehicle streams in.

In "SAMP Debug" this happens: http://puu.sh/d5OZk/991fefe480.jpg

Also F5 does nothing?

install SAMPGraphicRestore

Hehe, yeah... It came out just some hours ago and found about it, thanks anyway! :p

Edited by Chilean Dawg

nyolc8

I know this is a strange question, but if you like car modders... Can you make an option to turn off the bugfix for the "transparent texture when headlights on" bug? Because there are some car mods which uses that bug for headlights and stuff... and it would be nice to keep that behavior... Or, no love for car modders? :D

And also this mod kills vertex lightning on vehicles. So basically vertex light isn't applied for vehicles (which have - mods) at all.

Edited by nyolc8

Reyks

I know this is a strange question, but if you like car modders... Can you make an option to turn off the bugfix for the "transparent texture when headlights on" bug? Because there are some car mods which uses that bug for headlights and stuff... and it would be nice to keep that behavior... Or, no love for car modders? :D

And also this mod kills vertex lightning on vehicles. So basically vertex light isn't applied for vehicles (which have - mods) at all.

In this case I suggest an config file to be able to turn stuff on/off.

ABS-IZAYOI

Here's part of the list I posted months ago, with all vehicles that have reflection on wheels I could find at the time (includes some other vehicle bugs that are already fixed):

- Faggio: No exhaust model and specular on wheels.
- Pizzaboy: No exhaust model and specular on wheels.
- Tractor: Specular Lighting on wheels.
- Farmtr1: Specular lighting on wheels and f*cked up shadow.
- Caddy: No exhaust model, no exhaust smoke and specular lighting on wheels.
- Rhino: No exhaust smoke and specular on wheels.
- BF-400: Specular Lighting on wheels.
- Bike: Specular Lighting on wheels.
- Mountain Bike: Specular Lighting on wheels.
- FCR-900: Specular Lighting on wheels.
- NRG-500: Specular Lighting on wheels.
- Wayfarer: Specular Lighting on wheels.
- Intruder: Specular Lighting on wheels.
- Buccaneer: Specular Lighting on wheels.
- Cement Truck: Specular Lighting on wheels.
- Combine Harvester: Specular Lighting on wheels.
- Monster: Specular Lighting on wheels.
- Picador: Specular Lighting on wheels.
- Boxville: Specular Lighting on wheels.
- Willard: Specular Lighting on wheels.
- Road Train: Specular Lighting on wheels.
- Stafford: Specular Lighting on wheels.
- Stratum: Specular Lighting on wheels.
- Sultan: Specular Lighting on wheels.
- TopFun/Berkley's Van: Specular Lighting on wheels.
- Utility Van: Specular Lighting on wheels.
- Hydra: Specular Lighting on wheels.
- Nevada: Specular Lighting on wheels.
- Shamal: Specular Lighting on wheels.
- Stuntplane: Specular Lighting on wheels, missing rear wheel, messed up shadow.
- Leviathan: Specular Lighting on wheels.
- RC Bandit: Specular Lighting on wheels.
- RC Baron: Specular Lighting on wheels.

Picador`s wheel in PS2 version have specular too [sorry for my bad english]

The Hero

I don't understand your first point. That was just a bug in in the code in my code, how can you use that for mods? Or are we talking about different things?

Your second point sounds interesting and I will try to implement it. Do you have a prelit car DFF so I have something to test on?

pwnedgod

The car mod wheels seems like it's not detected as a 'wheel'. This only happens to the mod garage wheels, at least some of which has specular lighting.

Wheel model is Grove(wheel_sr4.dff)

Dbiunyq.jpg

The Hero

That's because they have the pipeline set in the DFF I think. I don't think I can handle any more of these special cases in my mod. My current idea is to convert all the PS2 cars to PC and do the rendering exactly as on the PS2. But for that I have to find out how the pipeline is set and configured there so I can implement it on PC. I think I will write a Renderware plugin that understands the pipeline configuration of the PS2 files so you can use 1:1 converted PS2 files directly.

Edited by The Hero

ABS-IZAYOI

I got problem. That specular and reflection was disappear when I install this mod`s d3d9.dll

http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=17568

Maybe that is my problem. Now I have to install newest silentpatch

[sorry for my bad english]

The Hero

It's obvious that it will override the vehicle pipeline just like mine. They can't work together.

Edited by The Hero

ABS-IZAYOI

But it still disappear when I uninstall that d3d9.dll

The Hero

Maybe your exe is not compatible. Try compact or hoodlum exe (you have to find them yourself).

ABS-IZAYOI

Maybe your exe is not compatible. Try compact or hoodlum exe (you have to find them yourself).

I`ll try,appreciate that

The Hero

dffconv of my RW conversion tools now converts PS2 vehicle DFFs in such a way that you no longer have unwanted specular reflections (on wheels e.g.) when using ps2refl. See this thread: http://gtaforums.com/topic/752450-rel-renderware-file-converter/

You can use this version which does *not* change the wheel pipeline like in my previous fix, when using PS2 vehicles everything should be fine: http://aap.papnet.eu/gta/ps2_refl/ps2refl-nofix.asi

savidge

What texture does this use to create the reflection? Is it xvehicleenv128?

The Hero

Yes, that's the environment map (from MatFX). The specular map is vehiclespecdot64.

nyolc8

I don't understand your first point. That was just a bug in in the code in my code, how can you use that for mods? Or are we talking about different things?

Your second point sounds interesting and I will try to implement it. Do you have a prelit car DFF so I have something to test on?

1.: In gtasa, there is a bug, the back side of poligons (on elements which have transparent texture/material on it, any part) getting invisible when headlights are on. You can see this behavior on basically any stock gtasa cars too (look the back side of bumpers and stuff). This ps2 reflection mod fixes that bug. There are some car mods (I created some of them too) which have materials flipped to make elements only visible when headlight is off.

So,

- headlights off: poligons on elements which have transparency on it, are two sided, both side of it visible

- headlights on: poligons on elements which have transparency on it, are one sided, backs side if it getting invisible/fully-transparent

2.: here's one of my mods that I created which have vertex lightning: MY AT-400 mod, this plane has vertex light on the outside(rear tail-wing with the logo lighted up) and the full interior have vertex light on it too. This ps2 reflection mod fully kills all vertex lightning on it.

Edited by nyolc8

The Hero

New version.

Added vertex colors (alpha value is not used, however) and dual pass rendering for transparent geometry.

The latter change causes the glass door of the Hydra (converted from the PS2) to show up. On the PS2 its material's alpha value is 77, on the PC it is 128. The reason R* had to change it is that with an alpha of 77 it fails the alpha test and would not be drawn on the PC, on the PS2 it would still be drawn but without writing to the z-buffer (the PS2 is that cool). So I do a second pass where I reverse the alpha test and draw without z, the same thing I do SilentPatch. Not writing depth has the nice effect of not giving ugly artifacts,

see the comparison, first is the PC model, second is PS2:

hydra-pc.pnghydra-ps2.png

nyolc8:

Not sure how I would implement that, or if I even want to.

Edited by The Hero

nyolc8

You just fixed both of my problems lol :D

But now I experienced this:

euXc8QD.jpg

(ignore the opcode errors, those are other things)

The Hero

You mean the green door? This didn't happen in the previous version? It doesn't happen to me.

Edited by The Hero

SilverRST

Hmm, as you may know I am working on my carmod and because of the head and taillights I want them to be more visible

so I tried the alpha value 77. But ingame it doesn't show the glass. Kind of stupid when really wanting the glass but much more opaque.

Does this fix it? Can I lower the alpha value? Under 77 and have the glass almost visible?

Edited by SilverRST

Reyks

Just wondering, you already did 2 things that many people thought it was impossible, do you think you can fix the "blocky" sky gradients SA has, or at least improve it a little?

nyolc8

Yeah the green door. Happens on all vehicles, I didn't noticed it before. Primary color getting that green, secondary color getting purple. Not just the doors but every(bumpers too) detaching car parts have the same thing.

btw where to download older versions for testing?

Edited by nyolc8

SilverRST

Just wondering, you already did 2 things that many people thought it was impossible, do you think you can fix the "blocky" sky gradients SA has, or at least improve it a little?

Oh please yes! Those disgusting 8bit color-ish sh*t hanging in the sky makes my eyes bleed and my stomach is crying and vomiting and reading self-help books.

Edited by SilverRST

The Hero

Yeah the green door. Happens on all vehicles, I didn't noticed it before. Primary color getting that green, secondary color getting purple. Not just the doors but every(bumpers too) detaching car parts have the same thing.

btw where to download older versions for testing?

Weird, doesn't happen to me. I'm using compact exe and SilentPatch.

Also I think there is not much you can do about the sky, as ugly as it may be.

Edited by The Hero

Reyks

Oh please yes! Those disgusting 8bit color-ish sh*t hanging in the sky makes my eyes bleed and my stomach is crying and vomiting and reading self-help books.

Dafuq did I just read lol :blink: , but seriously The Hero if you can take a look into this it will be much appreciated.

EDIT: Didn't see you edited your post sorry.

Edited by StrafeBolt

Inadequate

The Hero, you are going to upload all PS2 cars to PC? Would be nice. ;)

SilverRST

Dafuq did I just read lol :blink: , but seriously The Hero if you can take a look into this it will be much appreciated.

EDIT: Didn't see you edited your post sorry.

Lol, it was a saying from GTAIV when Niko and Roman after drinking and being drunk. You'll love those both when they get really drunk and start saying sh*t :D

savidge

...do you think you can fix the "blocky" sky gradients SA has, or at least improve it a little?

Doesn't SilentPatch fix these gradients? Mine seems to be fine:

UhxshNa.png

Inadequate

^

You use PC, PS2 timecyc or a modded timecyc?

My timecyc is the original from PS2 and have that "blockys" too.