SkyGfx: PS2, Xbox and Mobile graphics for PC

The Hero

why is the thing in the home in the hills mission not owrking? is this one of those htings where modern gamers don't like fog effects and visual post processing and just like buggy ass games (like how the blur is off by default)?

spacer.png 

Edited by IndianaLiam1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, can someone help me, I have this problem after playing a while (sometimes it happens after 2 min and sometimes after 2 hours) the brightness goes to dark. It only happens with preset 4,5 and 6. Preset 1,2 and 3 still work normally. I downloaded mod here: https://www.mixmods.com.br/2022/11/sa-skygfx/
I was experimenting a lot for passed couple of days and I didn't manage to solve a problem. 

Update: I just found out that it's happening when one of the car mods spwan in traffic, witch didn't work with vcsTrails, so I just replaced a car with a different one.

Edited by BorisIlincic
  • excuseme 1

On 10/10/2023 at 2:51 PM, ObligatoryLogin said:

GTA3 SkyGfx with WorldPipe=1 is conflicting with Aircraft mod, at some spots it makes some things invisible depending where you look at them 
spacer.pngspacer.png
...idk if I'm doing this post right pls forgive me if this is wrong to post!!

um, i have the same problem even if i turn of the worldpipe setting

• 2 weeks later...

(Sorry for bad English)

I recently downloaded skygfx as it was required by many mods like Proper fixes etc but I don't like the graphics of it , I feel like the graphics I had before with (Silent Patch and Project2dfx) only was better that it , so is there a way to disable skygfx or make it so that it gives me the vanilla looks without stopping the other mods from working.

• 2 weeks later...
Clivesdonovan

Hello bro, I have a question, I have recently observed that you can change the color tone with skygfx but it only happens when you start a game, that is, before starting a game, the effects are not applied. Is there any way for the effects to be applied from when the exe file is opened or any ways to turn off the color modification when the game is paused?

RemixPLrc96

How to disable hotkeys in GTA III? It's annoying when I use Zolika1351's trainer and car reflections keeps changing everytime I press F6, F7, F8 etc.

Edited by RemixPLrc96
  • KEKW 5

Don't use trainers, play a fair game

Or just comment out hotkey lines in skygfx.ini by adding ;

• 2 weeks later...

I have low end specs so can someone drop me their skyfix.ini with the lowest settings possible 

3 hours ago, Coffees said:

I have low end specs so can someone drop me their skyfix.ini with the lowest settings possible 

HOW low end are we talking here, these games are over 20 years old.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Coffees said:

you can probably get better results tweaking the .ini yourself, try disabling shadows and changing reflections, from my experience every other feature cost very little performance, i used to use this mod on an old Intel HD (64mb dedicated vram i believe?). you really cant be much worse than that i feel like

Guys I've been trying to replay and record GTA3 lately and I have a question about skygfx. I've tested multiple settings and I can't  get PS2 look which I'm going for, so maybe I'm dumb and doing something wrong - I don't know.

Can someone explain to me why on PS2, [trails-ON] when we 1st talk to Luigi, after the cutscene when we exit the alley we are greeted with this cool sunrise with slight orange tint;

https://postimg.cc/F7QyvRrx

https://postimg.cc/njSFnTQD

and on PC I can't get this effect. I've tried with TRAILS on/off, with SkyGfx on/off, tried to use disableColourOverlay=1 in skygfx.ini, tried SkyGfx+PS2 Feels mod, tried to copy timecyc.dat from PS2 version - and I've never managed to achieve this PS2 colors. Is this even possible on PC ?

https://postimg.cc/XGRSYPxt

https://postimg.cc/Sj6t9jKn/b69c32ac

edit;

is there a way to use disableColourOverlay=1 in skygfx.ini and keep motion blur?

Edited by phsx

On 1/26/2024 at 9:24 PM, Ash_735 said:

HOW low end are we talking here, these games are over 20 years old.

i have an intel i3 2nd gen here , thats why

So, no one answered my question but I figured it out - the thing I want to do can be set in skygfx.ini file in section "YCbCrCorrection". I've been fiddling with the settings and by trial and error I found out what I was seeking for - very saturated colors, but can someone explain what these lines actually do:

lumaScale
lumaOffset
CbScale
CbOffset
CrScale
CrOffset

Edited by phsx

TWIST_OF_HATE

I know that it's not a best place to ask, but people who were active in this thread are probably aware and may know the answer for my question

So, we all know that best version of GTA III is on Xbox, and you can get roughly the same level of quality on PC, by installing Xbox Mod, SilentPatch and SkyGfx, oh and also Skin and Bones

But what about GTA VC ?

I mean, VC seems to be the best on Xbox too (in comparison to PS2 at least) - better lighting, resolution, higher framerate, better characters models, better cars models, fully detailed hands

The only downside on XBox that I've noticed is broken rendering of vegetation (fixed on PC with SkyGfx iirc)

So, there are SilentPatch and SkyGfx for VC, but I'm not sure that it's enough

Are there some other mods that delivering all the goods from Xbox to PC ?

I'm talking at least about these - better lighting (is it part of SkyGfx ??? I'm not sure), better characters models, better cars models, fully detailed hands

TWIST_OF_HATE

Ok, so I did a bit of research myself, and here is what I've found, xbox map for pc (this along with SkyGfx will probably bring the "xbox lighting" to the game):

And xbox vehicles for pc:

And as for fully detailed hands, there are several mods, but best one seems to be this, and it's still not finished (sh*t seems way harder than someone could expect):

Edited by TWIST_OF_HATE

• 1 month later...
KanewillyE75

If I am utilizing a PS2 timecyc and intend to modify the skygfx.ini by specifying "; usePCTimecyc=0 ; Uncomment this if you use a PC timecyc.dat instead of a PS2 timecyc.dat or any timecycp.dat," should I omit the semicolon (;) preceding it?

Edited by KanewillyE75

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

Does anyone here know how GTA3 blue/green filters/trails operate? Is there a way to keep one of these enabled at all time? It seems that GTA3 applies one of these filters during rain or storm and then it's active until you either die, save, load game or use sniper rifle - then the filter dissapears.

Example here;

green filter:

https://postimg.cc/D8wrgmhC

after using sniper rifle scope;

https://postimg.cc/ppcD1xXP

can anyone explain this in more detail? I can't fully understand how does it work and how to keep this active for better visuals. Maybe some skygfx settings are able to force this filter to be active?

Edited by phsx