1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

SkyGfx: PS2, Xbox and Mobile graphics for PC

The Hero

MetadetH19
On 7/1/2021 at 11:56 PM, AndroLoquendo 28 said:

You remembered to remove the ";" at the beginning of the line? 🤔 (it happens to many)

Thanks man, that works

Posted (edited)

MetadetH19
On 7/2/2021 at 8:30 AM, The Hero said:

*nvm: delete this please*

?

Is there any way to disable this absolutely terrible moonphases and use moonphases by silentpatch instead???

• Like 2

how do i install this ? can i just put it on a modloader?

AshGamer007
On 7/12/2021 at 2:32 PM, pineebee said:

how do i install this ? can i just put it on a modloader?

Just put everything in the game folder

How to fix the drawing distance in SAMP? In a single game, the drawing distance doesn't look so deeply, there is a fog.
This is not because of the Project 2DFX. I have a SAMPGraphicRestore.asi and I'm using the latest version of SkyGFX 4.2b.

Spoiler

ILbexqn.png

On 7/12/2021 at 2:41 PM, Lescot said:

How to fix the drawing distance in SAMP? In a single game, the drawing distance doesn't look so deeply, there is a fog.
This is not because of the Project 2DFX. I have a SAMPGraphicRestore.asi and I'm using the latest version of SkyGFX 4.2b.

You should probably ask SAMP developers since mods are designed for single player 9/10 times & it's not the first time SAMP messes up otherwise working as intended features.

Hi

I am having trouble with TwoPass rendering in San Andreas. It works only on vegetables such grass, dynamic trees, no the buildings/static trees models. Old SilentPatch with featured DualPass works on them but SkyGFX not. I have flag 4 ON the models. What settings it needs to enable it? Tried many configurations without a success. Maybe it is an error of the extension?

Everything else works except Dual Pass.

Basically it doesn't work for a new modded map.

Also, it is not because I was messing with calls I mentioned in the PM.

eh.png

eh.png

The model has alpha channel textures unsorted but why would that be a problem in the DP case?

I need help as any other people.

Edited by HackMan128

To me it looks like it should. make sure to have materials with alpha at the end of the material list for best rendering.

The textures are in high resolution so perhaps it might look considerable, but there is no difference no matter what SkyGFX dp settings I use. For the models materials, I am using algorithm to convert content from another game (converted tree model from gta 3 with ZModeler2 had the error too, was ignored by dp) . Only dynamic vegetables have visible effects.

I guess the only thing left is to make some tests with vanilla game plus SkyGFX to see what breaks the plugin to detect model with alpha materials.

Unless SkyGFX would have dynamic sun corona direction lightning on normals in the far future, it would be a nice addition. Apart this,

SkyGFX is a powerful plugin by the way, I like what you do for the community. Thank You.

Edited by HackMan128

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone please tell me how can recreate the PS2 by using ps2 skygfx config, i want it to be so close down to radiosity, offset and blurryness as close as possible

I encountered a "models" file that I didn't add because it mentioned mobile details. Does that mean HD mobile textures or just the mobile sky and mood? 

Also, I didn't add the PS2 vehicles mod which the readme recommends to add because of the reflection. It may cause problems since I also installed TTDISA OV which also adds vehicles. Is that an issue?

The models file will add the detail textures from mobile version (they just overlay textures on specific models to make them a bit more detailed). It doesn't work very well everywhere, but it's at least somewhat effective.

dance floor comparison

ps2

VJe0w7f.png

pc

J2Rbd1N.png

some transparency issues, even the fog looks a bit off

now someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe these beans of light are from a dff called light_box1.dff, inside gta_int. I tried to grab the converted one from aap's ps2 map, still the same.

Edited by El Dorado
  • Like 2

On 8/1/2021 at 5:30 PM, T3mp said:

I encountered a "models" file that I didn't add because it mentioned mobile details. Does that mean HD mobile textures or just the mobile sky and mood? 

Mobile details is the detail overlay textures that are used to enhance the look of the textures.

On 8/1/2021 at 5:30 PM, T3mp said:

Also, I didn't add the PS2 vehicles mod which the readme recommends to add because of the reflection. It may cause problems since I also installed TTDISA OV which also adds vehicles. Is that an issue?

It's not too noticeable, just that PS2 models look better a bit.

After 5 years of east coast, it's time to install the latest version.

So I've been playing with and it's damn good. However, is it supposed for the Mobile to have the ugly dull and less saturated gfx at certain times or am I doing something wrong?

https://i.imgur.com/QsWsh20.png

-edit-

It seems it's the disableGamma is the culprit. Have it on 1 and colorcycle looks like dull sh*t.

And I noticed there is no grass settings like distance etc like these:

; these three control the grass
; farDist is the distance before which grass is visible (default 60.0)
farDist=85.0
; between farDist and farDist+fadeDist grass will be faded in (default 20.0)
fadeDist=80.0
; a multiplier for the density (plants.dat reload needed) (default 1.0)
densityMult=1.0

Edited by SilverRST

Can someone test this skygfx android port?

So you can play ps2 graphics on mobile android now?!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/e17cfdywl7lyu4h/PS2_to_Mobile%2BFixes31.zip/file

https://www.gtainside.com/en/sanandreas/mods/161546-ps2-to-mobile-fixes-version-from-05-06-2021/

On 8/1/2021 at 11:56 PM, El Dorado said:

dance floor comparison

ps2

VJe0w7f.png

pc

J2Rbd1N.png

some transparency issues, even the fog looks a bit off

now someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe these beans of light are from a dff called light_box1.dff, inside gta_int. I tried to grab the converted one from aap's ps2 map, still the same.

Yes and this:

gsdx_20130912001505pyssp.jpg

Outside of hospital when you die around cj house

You get there

G The Generous

Sorry if this was asked or answered before, but what setting I need to change to use the PS2 ini with graphic improvements from PC version enabled? Is there also a recommended definitive config?

Edited by G The Generous

I don't know how to explain this exactly (I use Google Translator) but for some reason this mod breaks my gta vice city and won't let me start starting due to the error "Unhandled Exception: c0000005 At address: 00652f30".

I used all the known methods to fix the mythical unhandled exception error but it doesn't work, and even if I delete the mod that caused the problem it doesn't work either, the only solution that worked for me is to reinstall the game again, which is a pretty tedious process to do. It's like the mod corrupts the game files or something like that (even if i just install it via modloader).

I do not know if this error with the mod is due to my pc, my game or is that the mod is made like that and breaks the game, but simply this mod for me is impossible to use.

Edited by Azure Blue

Cant help you with the error code but next time instead of reinstalling the whole game if you have a problem like that first try to delete the gta_vc.set in Documents/GTA Vice City User Files.

Hi! In San Andreas it is possible to switch between SkyGFX .ini configuration profiles by pressing the F10 key while playing.  Could you add this function to GTA 3 and Vice City too? if possible,  please 🙏🏻

Edited by hoodedshiba
Fix

Skygfx not working for gta 3. Maybe I installed it wrong. Can anyone help? 

Also, none of the particles or lights work. The game is same without the mod.

Edited by ZSarfraz

I can't get the GTA 3 plug in to hook. I don't know which loader it was tested on. Ultimate ASI loader will not hook this at all. ASI version of the mod doesn't seem to work at all. The .dll seems to hook but only partially with completely bugged graphics (white textures). The older version of SkyGFX used to work perfectly with the Xbox mod.

Edit: I didn't realize some of the effects were commented out of the .ini file. I don't know why that's a thing by default? I think people download this stuff for the Xbox effects.

Edited by DEALUX

Dark Matter® Studios | The Audiophile Thread

XB271HU | AKG K612 Pro | Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | TOPPING A90 | TOPPING D90SE

i7 4790K 4.4 GHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB Crucial DDR3 | SSD ADATA 256GB | Seagate 2TB 7200RPM

Xbox | Xbox 360 | Xbox Series X | PS2

I think something is not right with the light at some places... I might have did something wrong but I don't know what it is. This is on mount chilliad, in the noon, I guess it is supposed to be a shiny day. 

dpdPazu.png

RUwz4zA.png

lrqQVdj.png

The pictures are captured with confugure 1, 2 and 3. 

Los santos in day time also feels a little too bright and yellow, but it was not as dazzling as this. 

I have replaced the timecyc.dat with the ps2 one and stuff, and I don't think I have installed any other graphic related mod or enbs.

Los santos's daytime got better after I finished the game this time, I guess it has something to do with the riot streets before the final mission. 

However the credit screen was still not right. 

mTHMA4R.png

I'm sorry if these pictures hurt anyone's eyes.

****Fixed****

Turns out I used a wrong timecyc file. I was using a self-made timecyc file instead of the real ps2 one. 

After I replaced timecyc.dat with timecycp.dat, it looks much better. 

Edited by Vaisaga
  • Like 1
  • KEKW 2

So Vadim just released a video where he compares the PS2 version with the Broken Edition and I noticed that underwater effects are better in PS2 than PC, in PS2 there are nice circular distortions on the screen, while in PC the game tries to make diagonal lines which look like CJ is high or something.

Also the Jetpack and hydra doesn't have any heat effect coming out of the exhaust pipes.

Can these be added to SkyGfx?

Edited by Vind Sole

In my opinion PC colors should be enabled by default.

skygfx1.ini - PC colors

skygfx2.ini - PS2 colors.

More experienced should be able to change the order if they care so much about the colors from the PS2 version. 

1 hour ago, kardaw said:

In my opinion PC colors should be enabled by default.

skygfx1.ini - PC colors

skygfx2.ini - PS2 colors.

More experienced should be able to change the order if they care so much about the colors from the PS2 version. 

Why even install the mod if you want the defaults to be pc? The main reason most install this is for the PS2 colour filter.