1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

SkyGfx: PS2, Xbox and Mobile graphics for PC

The Hero

Quick Check
1 hour ago, Ash_735 said:

Mobile_details.txd is a TXD that contains the mobile exclusive detail overlay textures, these are not included in the PC version. texdb.txt is another mobile exclusive file which denotes what detail textures get applied where in the game.

You're aware this game wasn't designed to go over 25fps right in its original unmodded state. Stencil shadows are the pc shadows which do have questionable performance issues. You're coming across as sounding ungrateful because you can't keep this unstable game above 100fps ūü§™

Ah, you're right. I apologize for sounding like an asshole in the previous comment. I just found it kind of odd because I am not very used to san andreas and I just 100%'d vice city and 3 with this mod which have way better performance than this game, for obvious reasons. I'll probably just play without shadows, stick to vanilla, or just cap to 60.

2 minutes ago, Quick Check said:

Ah, you're right. I apologize for sounding like an asshole in the previous comment. I just found it kind of odd because I am not very used to san andreas and I just 100%'d vice city and 3 with this mod which have way better performance than this game, for obvious reasons. I'll probably just play without shadows, stick to vanilla, or just cap to 60.

For what it's worth, the stencil shadows are a bit crappy, they're too rigid, so you'd get a more visually natural result by either going with the PS2 shadows or using another mod (Shadow Extender) which adds extra processing to the shadows to blend in better.

• Like 1

Quick Check
1 minute ago, Ash_735 said:

For what it's worth, the stencil shadows are a bit crappy, they're too rigid, so you'd get a more visually natural result by either going with the PS2 shadows or using another mod (Shadow Extender) which adds extra processing to the shadows to blend in better.

I always did find the stencil shadows a bit odd. I did use shadow extender one time but I found the shadows way too sharp for my own taste. Is there a way to make them softer? I'll probably just stick with the PS2 shadows. Thanks for the advice.

Just so you know, skygfx doesnt cause fps drops IF you can run the game with it. Integrated gpus will sh*t themselves with higher resolution reflections and rsdiosity = shader. Smooth 60 here, also 30 fps lock is a must to avoid issues.

Quick Check
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Reameb said:

Just so you know, skygfx doesnt cause fps drops IF you can run the game with it. Integrated gpus will sh*t themselves with higher resolution reflections and rsdiosity = shader. Smooth 60 here, also 30 fps lock is a must to avoid issues.

Yeah, and I am not on an integrated GPU. GTX 1660 super. Framerate vigilante and a mod to remove the swinging chassis with some cars makes the game work perfectly for me. But it does not really matter anyways. I gave up, locked the game to 60 FPS, installed project2dfx, and playing the game and having fun with good graphics. You don't even need such high FPS in an old game like this, especially in a game with such low input lag. The low input lag even makes 30 FPS playable.

Edited by Quick Check

This has probably been asked 1000 times, but I guess I'm just dumb. How the hell do I disable this blur/heat haze

89u5zmC.png

These are already set to 0

dVt9m8j.png

Quick Check
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, RegistaG said:

This has probably been asked 1000 times, but I guess I'm just dumb. How the hell do I disable this blur/heat haze

89u5zmC.png

These are already set to 0

dVt9m8j.png

Use MixSets. It allows you to disable this effect, and multiple other effects like car motion blur. In fact, the heat wave is disabled by default. If you only want this change applied and none of the other changes that MixSets does, MixSets has an ini file included that disables all changes and allows you change the ones that you want. There's an entire section for some of the post processing effects in the ini like the heat wave and motion blur.

Edited by Quick Check
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Grand Master

I have a bug...

The broken car parts is green for no reason

It's a bug with ImVehFT. Not this mod. Uninstall ImVehFT.

I have something that is somewhere half way between bug report and feature request. It's about the Env vehicle pipeline. While messing around with the ini, I generally liked the Env pipeline the most, but something felt off about the reflections and I think I know what it is (and how to fix it). I'll try my best to explain.

It seems the pipeline takes a (weighted) average of the reflection and the base car color, and as a result the reflection can actually be darker than the base color. Reflections are light, and obviously you can't make something darker by bouncing more light off of it. If this was photoshop, I'd fix it by changing the blend mode to "screen". I don't know how easy something like that is to implement in hlsl, but since the Mobile pipeline already seems to do it I imagine it is at least doable. Oh, and the reason I don't just use the mobile pipeline is because it doesn't use the envSpecularityMult, envPower and envFresnel settings. I imagine implementing all of those into Mobile is probably harder than changing the "blend mode" of Env.

Of course, if this is is not something you want to change then I understand. I just wanted to bring it up.

Does anyone have a config for SkyGfx that makes it look like GTA IV?

On 6/24/2021 at 11:18 PM, goldier said:

I don't think you can do such a thing with Skygfx, nearest thing you can get is configurate it to look like GTA SA PC version which has pretty off colors compared to the Resmatered version and the PS2 version

On 6/25/2021 at 11:18 AM, goldier said:

You can try this method:

1.set colorfilter to Mobile inside skygfx.ini

2.download colorcycle.dat that looks like GTA IV from internet 

3.put downloaded colorcycle.dat directly to "data" folder

Edited by KiloRyu

Kooldogkid

Hi, I tried this mod on my Downgraded Steam Version with the Various GTA Downgrader. However, it doesn't work all the way. it looks like the PC graphics, but with a PS2 looking hue. The PS2 Color Filter/Orange sky isn't there either. I tried using it in both modloader, and putting the files straight into the GTA SA folder, but to no effect. Am I'm missing something? or is one of my mods not working? ( I did only install SkyGFX and nothing else so I'm most likely missing something.) Also, Can I use SkyGFX via Modloader or is it not recommend?

This is what it looks like to me:http://gta.rockstarvision.com/skygfx/screenshots/sa/none_radiosity2.png

The Downgrader I used: https://gtaforums.com/topic/936600-iii-iv-various-gta-downgraders/

My Mods (just in case it helps.)

SlientPatch 

13AG Widescreen Fix

Remastered GUI

CLEO

Cleo Cheat Menu

Car Immunities 

GInput

Project 2DFX

Cutscene Characters

Enterable Hidden Interiors  

Draw Distance Mod (from the GTA Series Videos GTA SA Full Game video)

HD Weapon Icons

Fixed Facial Animations 

HQ SA Map

Lively Peds

Map Textures Fix

Mobile Hands

SA Beta Weapons

Edited by Kooldogkid

AndroLoquendo 28
On 6/27/2021 at 7:23 PM, Kooldogkid said:

Hi, I tried this mod on my Downgraded Steam Version with the Various GTA Downgrader. However, it doesn't work all the way. it looks like the PC graphics, but with a PS2 looking hue. The PS2 Color Filter/Orange sky isn't there either. I tried using it in both modloader, and putting the files straight into the GTA SA folder, but to no effect. Am I'm missing something? or is one of my mods not working? ( I did only install SkyGFX and nothing else so I'm most likely missing something.) Also, Can I use SkyGFX via Modloader or is it not recommend?

This is what it looks like to me:http://gta.rockstarvision.com/skygfx/screenshots/sa/none_radiosity2.png

The Downgrader I used: https://gtaforums.com/topic/936600-iii-iv-various-gta-downgraders/

My Mods (just in case it helps.)

SlientPatch 

13AG Widescreen Fix

Remastered GUI

CLEO

Cleo Cheat Menu

Car Immunities 

GInput

Project 2DFX

Cutscene Characters

Enterable Hidden Interiors  

Draw Distance Mod (from the GTA Series Videos GTA SA Full Game video)

HD Weapon Icons

Fixed Facial Animations 

HQ SA Map

Lively Peds

Map Textures Fix

Mobile Hands

SA Beta Weapons

Are you using Silent's ASI Loader or Ultimate ASI Loader? The first one is recommended for GTA SA, since it is dedicated specifically for that game.

On 6/27/2021 at 7:23 PM, Kooldogkid said:

Also, Can I use SkyGFX via Modloader or is it not recommend?

Yes, it is fully compatible.

Kooldogkid
On 6/27/2021 at 5:43 PM, AndroLoquendo 28 said:

Are you using Silent's ASI Loader or Ultimate ASI Loader? The first one is recommended for GTA SA, since it is dedicated specifically for that game.

I just installed Silent's ASI Loader. Before I SkyGFX into modloader, should I install anything else or config anything with SkyGFX? Aslo should I put the SkyGFX.ASI File into modloader or into the directory? However I am using only the gta-sa.exe as that's the only one that is given with the downgrade. is it not compatiable with the exe file?

Edited by Kooldogkid
Grammer Error

AndroLoquendo 28
On 6/27/2021 at 8:12 PM, Kooldogkid said:

I just installed Silent's ASI Loader. Before I SkyGFX into modloader, should I install anything else or config anything with SkyGFX? Aslo should I put the SkyGFX.ASI File into modloader or into the directory?

Just drag the "SkyGfx_SA_4.2b" folder to the Modloader (downloading the file from GitHub).
Only if you want the color filter of the mobile version should you move the "colorcycle.dat" file to the "Data" folder of your GTA SA.

On 6/27/2021 at 8:12 PM, Kooldogkid said:

However I am using only the gta-sa.exe as that's the only one that is given with the downgrade. is it not compatiable with the exe file?

And theoretically the Downgrader provides patch 1.0, which is the one for mods, but if you're not sure, you can download it from here.

Edited by AndroLoquendo 28

MetadetH19
On 6/27/2021 at 7:43 PM, AndroLoquendo 28 said:

Did you used debugmenu?

MetadetH19
On 6/28/2021 at 3:52 PM, Kooldogkid said:

I don't know what debug menu is. Also, it didn't work. it still looks like PC Graphics but with a PS2 Haze.

Here's what it looks like in my modloader:https://imgur.com/a/bPspwyp

Put it in the root folder of your gta, and then use it with ctrl + m, or modify some of the .ini files of the skygfx, and the colorcycle.dat put it in a folder called data, inside of the skygfx folder

Kooldogkid
On 6/28/2021 at 9:23 PM, JackGamer said:

Put it in the root folder of your gta, and then use it with ctrl + m, or modify some of the .ini files of the skygfx, and the colorcycle.dat put it in a folder called data, inside of the skygfx folder

it still doesn't work, I want the PS2 Color cycle but it's not working no matter what I do. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong as I'm getting stressed out trying to figure out what to do. all the other stuff works but not the PS2 color filter, it's confusing the hell out of me.

This is what I want my game to look like:http://gta.rockstarvision.com/skygfx/screenshots/sa/ps2colours_radiosity0.png

Edited by Kooldogkid

On 6/29/2021 at 9:52 PM, Kooldogkid said:

it still doesn't work, I want the PS2 Color cycle but it's not working no matter what I do. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong as I'm getting stressed out trying to figure out what to do. all the other stuff works but not the PS2 color filter, it's confusing the hell out of me.

This is what I want my game to look like:http://gta.rockstarvision.com/skygfx/screenshots/sa/ps2colours_radiosity0.png

Open skygfx1.ini and copy and paste what it says here (as a spoiler).

AndroLoquendo 28
On 6/29/2021 at 10:52 PM, Kooldogkid said:

- Install the game from the original DVD installer 1.0 (preferably install outside the "Program Files" folder for write permission issues)
- Apply Pack Essentials (contains all the basics, read on the page and see for yourself)
- Install SkyGFX from here (installation is more explained and simplified with Modloader)

It should look like this:

https://imgur.com/6x8ThHS

Be sure to read the "Readme" files and the pages for more info.

If you still have the same problem, the problem is probably with your system or PC. Then you can install other mods.

Edited by Sneed
removed piracy link

Kooldogkid

Guys, I got it working. Turns out, I needed a PS2 Timecyc file and after putting it in the SkyGFX Folder with modloader, it works fine now. Thank you for your help though.

AndroLoquendo 28

@The Hero, I know it has not so much to do with the objective of the mod, but could a function to activate / regulate Anisotropic Filtering be implemented for a future update? Since to date I do not know of any mod that does that in GTA III / VC, and since SkyGFX is dedicated to the graphics part of the game, it would be a very interesting option. In GTA SA it is not so necessary, since there is MixSets or from the graphical settings menu itself you can regulate that. Anyway, congratulations on this great mod, there are no words to describe the appreciation of the community.

Why not just force it via your graphics card settings? Anyway i doubt The Hero will implement this it here, you have better luck with re3 project on this matter.

HirLWl5.gif

AndroLoquendo 28
On 7/1/2021 at 3:23 AM, Sneed said:

Why not just force it via your graphics card settings?

I thought so, but it happens that the Intel Control Panel (for those of us who do not have Nvidia or AMD graphics) is very bad, it is not compatible with most old games and the settings do not apply. That's why I think an alternative from the game itself would be good.

MetadetH19
On 7/1/2021 at 5:41 PM, The Hero said:

i won't be adding aniso stuff to skygfx.

Would you fix the error in the skygfx vc?? i always need to change the "trails switch" and i modify the .ini but the config not keeps

AndroLoquendo 28
On 7/1/2021 at 11:08 PM, JackGamer said:

Would you fix the error in the skygfx vc?? i always need to change the "trails switch" and i modify the .ini but the config not keeps

You remembered to remove the ";" at the beginning of the line? ūü§Ē (it happens to many)