• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Hero

• Inadequate

• Sneed

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SkyGfx (Sky is name of Renderware for the PS2, any semblance to the actual sky is purely accidental) brings accurate PS2 and Xbox graphics to the PC version of San Andreas, Vice City and III  

Xbox-like code is implemented and seems to be working perfectly finally!!

Version 3.1 turned out to be bigger than I had thought. See OP for the link to the release. The first two inis are PS2 and PC like config as before. The third ini has some custom settings like the ne

Hi, I want the cars to look like this (with reflections like LCS) in the Vice city, but I just couldn't manage. What settings do I need to change in skygfx files?

d5DOTjo.png

Edited by Banbanana17
AndroLoquendo 28

Understandably, the Android community has a reputation for being quite toxic. The experiment with the PS Vita is very interesting ...

4 hours ago, AndroLoquendo 28 said:

Understandably, the Android community has a reputation for being quite toxic. The experiment with the PS Vita is very interesting ...

Really? Looks like they're more sh*t than I thought.

It's not about the community. It just seems harder to mod technically. luckily for the vita all the hard work (i.e. making it run at all ) had already been done and i just joined to change the rendering. It'll be released sometime soon.

thats good i actually really like SkyGFX if it wasnt so demanding in gpu power i mean without this mod installed on a Intel HD 520 i got around 75-100 without the 30fsp cap and uhh after installing skygfx its 15-5 is there any way to reduce these settings so it can run on some low end systems?

thats good i actually really like SkyGFX if it wasnt so demanding in gpu power i mean without this mod installed on a Intel HD 520 i got around 75-100 without the 30fsp cap and uhh after installing skygfx its 15-5 is there any way to reduce these settings so it can run on some low end systems?

The Lucky Mole
On 2/1/2021 at 4:42 PM, Opgamer76 said:

Depends on what you want exactly. Settings like grassBackfaceCull, radiosity and vehicle pipes like env or mobile can be resource intensive for lower-end systems. But to be honest, and having a very weak computer myself, SkyGfx only lowered my FPS from 35 to about 30 or so, not much. Perhaps there's something else eating up FPS.

Edited by The Lucky Mole
On 1/28/2021 at 8:03 AM, The Hero said:

SkyGfx for PS vita is in the works. I'm very excited!

http://gta.rockstarvision.com/screens/vita_skygfx1.png

Holy, this mod is being developed for PS Vita now?.... That explains why there's no more updates for the PC version of the plugin haha. Also, probably with not that lot of effort the PS Vita version of the plugin could run on the Android version, since that's the "anniversary edition" of San Andreas.

52 minutes ago, gts. said:

Holy, this mod is being developed for PS Vita now?.... That explains why there's no more updates for the PC version of the plugin haha. Also, probably with not that lot of effort the PS Vita version of the plugin could run on the Android version, since that's the "anniversary edition" of San Andreas.

I hope so too. So I can play it with real graphics and real atmosphere for GTA SA without those ugly so called "Remastered graphics" if it released.

Danielovitch

Someone knows how to reduce the effect of heat wave from the exhaust pipes on vice city?

Edited by Danielovitch

https://imgur.com/a/CzfqnrM

Hi guys!

I recently installed the skygfx mod for GTA VC and found that some weird grey blobs appear on the screen during certain times of the day/angles. I have attached an example of this bug happening (the grey blobs are around tommys head in the screenshot). Just wondering if any of you know how to fix this issue. Thanks!

SkyGFX.asi/dll and SkyGFX.ini just go into San Andreas game root folder?  I have ASI Loader, Mod Loader, and CLEO installed.  But I don't think it's loading, I don't have the PS2 color filter and I'm using the proper .ini file.  Other ASIs load fine, I'm using the GInputSA.asi.  I have a 1.0 .exe.

Edit: Solved by getting compact exe.

Edited by Banana
Danielovitch

A lot of grass at the beginning of the race in the wu zi mu mission, does not happen with uninstalled skygfx.

Edit: It also happens on the ps2 version randomly, no problem here.

Edited by Danielovitch

I encountered a strange problem, when using mobile pipeline for vehicles , the game crashes at the start of Explosive Situation cutscene. If I use any other vehicle pipeline , the game doesn't crash at all when starting the respective mission.

This is my ini if it helps:

Spoiler

[SkyGfx]
; PS2-like configuration

;; If you leave the value empty (e.g. buildingPipe= ) or remove the line,
;; the default PC setting will be used, in some cases the game code will not
;; even be touched then. This might be useful should there be incompatibilities
;; with other mods.

;; Hotkeys for toggling in game
;;  The numbers below are VK keycodes, you can look them up on https://msdn.microsoft.com/de-de/library/windows/desktop/dd375731(v=vs.85).aspx
;;  I'm aware this is super sh*tty. Set to zero or remove the lines to disable.
keySwitch=0x79          ; cycle through inis (0x79 = F10)
keyReload=0x7A          ; reload all inis (0x7A = F11)

;; Texture modulation:     ps2Modulate(Building|Grass)
;;   Emulates the PS2 way of texture modulation.
;;   In practice this means the world and grass will be brighter
;; Dual pass:              dualPass(Default|Ped|Building|Vehicle|Grass)
;;   Enables dual pass to fix alpha issues (emulates PS2 behaviour). This could affect performance
;;   NOTE: set TwoPassRendering=0 in SilentPatch when using dualPassBuilding=1
;; These are used as fallback if the fine tuned settings are not set:
ps2Modulate=1
dualPass=1

;; Render Pipelines
buildingPipe=PS2        ; Select the building pipeline settings to be used, they only differ in reflection and lighting
                        ;  values: "PS2", "Xbox"
                        ;  otherwise the pipeline will not be hooked (in this case this setting cannot be changed at runtime)
detailMaps=1            ; Enable mobile detail maps (needs texdb files)
vehiclePipe=Mobile      ; Select the vehicle pipeline to be used
                        ;  values: "PS2", "PC", "Xbox", "Spec" (like PS2 but with specular lighting), "Neo" (like III/VC Xbox), "LCS", "VCS", "Mobile", "Env"
                        ;  otherwise the pipeline will not be hooked (in this case this setting cannot be changed at runtime)
envMapSize=1128        ; Size of the reflection map used for Neo and Mobile car reflections (rounded up to next power of 2).
leedsShininessMult=1.0  ; Leeds reflection intensity multiplier
neoShininessMult=1.0    ; Neo reflection intensity multiplier
neoSpecularityMult=1.0  ; Neo specular light intensity multiplier
sunGlare=1              ; Sun glare on cars like in VC

;; Grass
grassAddAmbient=1       ; Add current ambient light to grass color like on the PS2
grassFixPlacement=1     ; Fix the grass placement bug in the PC version. There is hardly a reason to disable this
grassBackfaceCull=0     ; Enable or disable backface culling for grass. PS2 has it disabled, PC has it enabled. This could affect performance

;; Shadows (if unset game settings will be used)
pedShadows=0            ; Enable dynamic ped shadows
stencilShadows=0        ; Enable stencil shadows (vehicles and poles)

;; Color filter
colorFilter=PS2         ; Select the color filter
                        ;  values: "PS2", "PC", "Mobile", (needs colorcycle.dat), "None"
; usePCTimecyc=1        ; Uncomment this if you use a PC timecyc.dat instead of a PS2 timecyc.dat or any timecycp.dat
blurLeft=   0           ; Override PS2 color filter blur offset from stream.ini (comment out to use values from stream.ini)
blurTop=    0           ;  to disable blur set these to 0
blurRight=  0
blurBottom= 0
;; Radiosity
doRadiosity=1           ; Enable or disable radiosity (comment out to use pe_bRadiosity from stream.ini)
radiosity=PS2           ; Select implementation. values: "Shader", "PS2"
;; Misc
disableClouds=0         ; Disable the far clouds on the horizon. They're bugged on the PS2. (cannot be toggled at runtime)
disableGamma=1          ; Brightness slider doesn't change gamma (cannot be toggled at runtime)
neoWaterDrops=0         ; Use Neo water drops on screen (cannot be toggled at runtime)
neoBloodDrops=0         ; Use Neo water drops on screen (requires neoWaterDrops)
transparentLockon=1     ; Use transparent rocket lock on like on PS2 (cannot be toggled at runtime)
lightningIlluminatesWorld=0    ; Lightning flash only illuminates the sky on PS2 but world geometry too on PC
fixPcCarLight=1            ; removes fixed PC car diffuse and ambient light (cannot be toggled at runtime)
coronaZtest=0            ; z-test on coronas. 0 to disable (PS2), 1 to enable (PC) (overrides SilentPatch)
fixShadows=0            ; fix z-problems with shadows as on PS2. tends to break with high far clip plane (cannot be toggled at runtime)

;; Modify final colors in YCbCr space
; YCbCrCorrection=0    ; turns this on or off (default 0)
; lumaScale=0.8588    ; multiplier for Y (default 0.8588)
; lumaOffset=0.0627    ; this is added to Y (default 0.0627)
; CbScale=1.22        ; like above with Cb and Cr (default 1.22)
; CbOffset=0.0        ; (default 0.0)
; CrScale=1.22        ; (default 1.22)
; CrOffset=0.0        ; (default 0.0)

;;;;;
;;;;; Advanced fine tuning
;;;;;

; When disabled, don't hook. Attach building pipe on all models with two sets of vertex colours (this breaks the parachute animation)
; When 0, like above but don't override explicitly set pipelines
; When 1, only attach building pipe when explicitly set by dff (like Xbox and PS2)
explicitBuildingPipe=0
;; PS2 texture modulation, these override ps2Modulate
; ps2ModulateBuilding=1
; ps2ModulateGrass=1
;; Dual pass, these override dualPass
; dualPassBuilding=1
; dualPassVehicle=1
; dualPassGrass=1
; dualPassPed=1
; dualPassDefault=1       ; everything else
;; This value controls the threshold of the dual pass below which Z is not written
; zwriteThreshold=128        ; Set to 255 to get Silent's dual pass effect (default 128)

;; PostFX
; These three are tied to colorFilter if not explicitly set:
; infraredVision=PS2      ; Select the infrared vision
;                         ;  values: "PS2", "PC"
; nightVision=PS2         ; Select the night vision
; grainFilter=PS2         ; Select the grain filter for infrared, night vision and rain

;; Radiosity settings
; radiosityFilterPasses=2      ; How often the frame will be downsampled (dimensions are halved each time) (default 2)
; radiosityRenderPasses=1      ; How often the radiosity effect will be applied to the frame (default 1)
; radiosityIntensity=35        ; Multiplier for radiosity intensity (default 35)

The Lucky Mole
11 hours ago, Vlady_xD said:

I encountered a strange problem, when using mobile pipeline for vehicles , the game crashes at the start of Explosive Situation cutscene. If I use any other vehicle pipeline , the game doesn't crash at all when starting the respective mission.

This is my ini if it helps:

Reveal hidden contents

[SkyGfx]
; PS2-like configuration

;; If you leave the value empty (e.g. buildingPipe= ) or remove the line,
;; the default PC setting will be used, in some cases the game code will not
;; even be touched then. This might be useful should there be incompatibilities
;; with other mods.

;; Hotkeys for toggling in game
;;  The numbers below are VK keycodes, you can look them up on https://msdn.microsoft.com/de-de/library/windows/desktop/dd375731(v=vs.85).aspx
;;  I'm aware this is super sh*tty. Set to zero or remove the lines to disable.
keySwitch=0x79          ; cycle through inis (0x79 = F10)
keyReload=0x7A          ; reload all inis (0x7A = F11)

;; Texture modulation:     ps2Modulate(Building|Grass)
;;   Emulates the PS2 way of texture modulation.
;;   In practice this means the world and grass will be brighter
;; Dual pass:              dualPass(Default|Ped|Building|Vehicle|Grass)
;;   Enables dual pass to fix alpha issues (emulates PS2 behaviour). This could affect performance
;;   NOTE: set TwoPassRendering=0 in SilentPatch when using dualPassBuilding=1
;; These are used as fallback if the fine tuned settings are not set:
ps2Modulate=1
dualPass=1

;; Render Pipelines
buildingPipe=PS2        ; Select the building pipeline settings to be used, they only differ in reflection and lighting
                        ;  values: "PS2", "Xbox"
detailMaps=1            ; Enable mobile detail maps (needs texdb files)
vehiclePipe=Mobile      ; Select the vehicle pipeline to be used
                        ;  values: "PS2", "PC", "Xbox", "Spec" (like PS2 but with specular lighting), "Neo" (like III/VC Xbox), "LCS", "VCS", "Mobile", "Env"
envMapSize=1128        ; Size of the reflection map used for Neo and Mobile car reflections (rounded up to next power of 2).
leedsShininessMult=1.0  ; Leeds reflection intensity multiplier
neoShininessMult=1.0    ; Neo reflection intensity multiplier
neoSpecularityMult=1.0  ; Neo specular light intensity multiplier
sunGlare=1              ; Sun glare on cars like in VC

;; Grass
grassAddAmbient=1       ; Add current ambient light to grass color like on the PS2
grassFixPlacement=1     ; Fix the grass placement bug in the PC version. There is hardly a reason to disable this
grassBackfaceCull=0     ; Enable or disable backface culling for grass. PS2 has it disabled, PC has it enabled. This could affect performance

;; Shadows (if unset game settings will be used)
pedShadows=0            ; Enable dynamic ped shadows
stencilShadows=0        ; Enable stencil shadows (vehicles and poles)

;; Color filter
colorFilter=PS2         ; Select the color filter
                        ;  values: "PS2", "PC", "Mobile", (needs colorcycle.dat), "None"
; usePCTimecyc=1        ; Uncomment this if you use a PC timecyc.dat instead of a PS2 timecyc.dat or any timecycp.dat
blurLeft=   0           ; Override PS2 color filter blur offset from stream.ini (comment out to use values from stream.ini)
blurTop=    0           ;  to disable blur set these to 0
blurRight=  0
blurBottom= 0
;; Radiosity
doRadiosity=1           ; Enable or disable radiosity (comment out to use pe_bRadiosity from stream.ini)
radiosity=PS2           ; Select implementation. values: "Shader", "PS2"
;; Misc
disableClouds=0         ; Disable the far clouds on the horizon. They're bugged on the PS2. (cannot be toggled at runtime)
disableGamma=1          ; Brightness slider doesn't change gamma (cannot be toggled at runtime)
neoWaterDrops=0         ; Use Neo water drops on screen (cannot be toggled at runtime)
neoBloodDrops=0         ; Use Neo water drops on screen (requires neoWaterDrops)
transparentLockon=1     ; Use transparent rocket lock on like on PS2 (cannot be toggled at runtime)
lightningIlluminatesWorld=0    ; Lightning flash only illuminates the sky on PS2 but world geometry too on PC
fixPcCarLight=1            ; removes fixed PC car diffuse and ambient light (cannot be toggled at runtime)
coronaZtest=0            ; z-test on coronas. 0 to disable (PS2), 1 to enable (PC) (overrides SilentPatch)
fixShadows=0            ; fix z-problems with shadows as on PS2. tends to break with high far clip plane (cannot be toggled at runtime)

;; Modify final colors in YCbCr space
; YCbCrCorrection=0    ; turns this on or off (default 0)
; lumaScale=0.8588    ; multiplier for Y (default 0.8588)
; lumaOffset=0.0627    ; this is added to Y (default 0.0627)
; CbScale=1.22        ; like above with Cb and Cr (default 1.22)
; CbOffset=0.0        ; (default 0.0)
; CrScale=1.22        ; (default 1.22)
; CrOffset=0.0        ; (default 0.0)

;;;;;
;;;;; Advanced fine tuning
;;;;;

; When disabled, don't hook. Attach building pipe on all models with two sets of vertex colours (this breaks the parachute animation)
; When 0, like above but don't override explicitly set pipelines
; When 1, only attach building pipe when explicitly set by dff (like Xbox and PS2)
explicitBuildingPipe=0
;; PS2 texture modulation, these override ps2Modulate
; ps2ModulateBuilding=1
; ps2ModulateGrass=1
;; Dual pass, these override dualPass
; dualPassBuilding=1
; dualPassVehicle=1
; dualPassGrass=1
; dualPassPed=1
; dualPassDefault=1       ; everything else
;; This value controls the threshold of the dual pass below which Z is not written
; zwriteThreshold=128        ; Set to 255 to get Silent's dual pass effect (default 128)

;; PostFX
; These three are tied to colorFilter if not explicitly set:
; infraredVision=PS2      ; Select the infrared vision
; nightVision=PS2         ; Select the night vision
; grainFilter=PS2         ; Select the grain filter for infrared, night vision and rain

;; Radiosity settings
; radiosityFilterPasses=2      ; How often the frame will be downsampled (dimensions are halved each time) (default 2)
; radiosityRenderPasses=1      ; How often the radiosity effect will be applied to the frame (default 1)
; radiosityIntensity=35        ; Multiplier for radiosity intensity (default 35)

Download the latest development version of SkyGfx from here. It resolved some issues with missions in my case.

On 2/25/2021 at 9:12 AM, The Lucky Mole said:

Download the latest development version of SkyGfx from here. It resolved some issues with missions in my case.

Works perfectly! Thank you 😁 just finished the game with it and didn't experienced any crashes

Edited by Vlady_xD
  • YEE 2
14 hours ago, Maks_Grain4 said:

How do I fix this?  This issue is due to skygfx 

Pretty sure that required the PS2 .dff file (so ps2 to pc thread stuff I guess)?

1 hour ago, LaDiDa said:

Pretty sure that required the PS2 .dff file (so ps2 to pc thread stuff I guess)?

I have ps2 files installed from THE HERO

On 2/28/2021 at 10:42 PM, LaDiDa said:

That's still bugged like before.

• 2 weeks later...

I deleted something unneeded from dff using RW Analyze tool. I really forgot what exactly. It was so long ago. It was discussed in this topic few years ago and it was told by @The Hero

Try to search

On 5/28/2020 at 12:57 AM, Puremin0rez said:

I love the way this perfectly emulates the look of the PS2 version on PC. It's so accurate!

I'm using it perfectly fine without any issues with both GTA III and San Andreas, but for some reason I'm having an issue with Vice City.

It works perfectly - but there is a constant flicker across the screen most of the time. It disappears sometimes, and then returns. It's always in full flickering mode when starting a new file for the first time. The first indoors cut scene has no flicker, but the lawyer car driving scene has a ton of lighting flicker.

I've made a video to demonstrate what I'm seeing: https://streamable.com/5nhx5y

If you can't see it, make sure to fullscreen and look towards the darker areas. (walls, roads, windows) There's a strobing / flicker effect going on. I thought it was my monitor at first, but I noticed it showed up in recordings and I could see it on other devices.

The flicker never occurs while indoors, it's only while outdoors.

I am running quite a few mods, but I uninstalled and did a clean install of the game with only SilentPatch + SkyGfx and still had the same issue. GTA III and SA don't have this issue for me. (which is weird, because III is using the exact same files)

Removing SkyGfx causes the flicker to disappear.

On 6/13/2020 at 3:59 PM, The Hero said:

I still don't know what causes it. I thought it was sun flicker but i no longer that's the case.

They fixed this light flicker on reVC build of the game, maybe there is the answer to fix this for SkyGfx

7 hours ago, The Hero said:

yes i fixed it there and also in sharptrails.

I still get flicker with the dll file from here: https://github.com/aap/sharptrails/releases. Maybe you uploaded the wrong file? (I can't build the solution because there's no instructions and i get error)

On reVC there's zero flicker

Maks_Grain4

When you change the resolution setting, an error occurs in the GTA Vice City + Skygfx. Author, fix this problem!

When changing the screen resolution - this error comes out:
1.jpg

Edited by Maks_Grain4
  • KEKW 3