1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

SkyGfx: PS2, Xbox and Mobile graphics for PC

The Hero

cordelliusjohansen
On 11/19/2020 at 5:14 PM, razzer.exe said:

Hey I don't if it's legit, but in the next SkyGFX version could add back the old radiosity effect which has been in 3.2 ? I'd love to see that, but the older versions under 3.4 don't fix the rain reflection :( but I still like the radiosity effect from the older version. Please add it back.

ditto what this guy says, there's a huge difference between every version after 3.4 and 3.2, 3.2 looks much much more faithful to the ps2 version than the versions since and idk why it was removed. all my radiosity settings are still set correctly but it still doesn't look anything like it used to.

Edited by cordelliusjohansen
forgot word

2 hours ago, cordelliusjohansen said:

ditto what this guy says, there's a huge difference between every version after 3.4 and 3.2, 3.2 looks much much more faithful to the ps2 version than the versions since and idk why it was removed. all my radiosity settings are still set correctly but it still doesn't look anything like it used to.

bro I'm talking about the radiosity settings and how much better it was in 3.2.

cordelliusjohansen
On 12/28/2020 at 5:02 PM, razzer.exe said:

bro I'm talking about the radiosity settings and how much better it was in 3.2.

i agree with u lol i'm still using 3.2 over the new versions cuz it looks better

trevor bellic12

I really love skygfx but it doesn't like my weak pc so I decided to change my resloutuion in gta vice city but the game crashes 

is there is a fix? 

Hi The Hero, the PS2 grainy filter of rain/storm is broken while using a 4K resolution, you can see from the image that the filter have a chessboard effect whit is own texture. There is anything i can do for fix this? https://imgur.com/uBYxKDq

Edited by Frappete
error

55 minutes ago, Frappete said:

Hi The Hero, the PS2 grainy filter of rain/storm is broken while using a 4K resolution, you can see from the image that the filter have a chessboard effect whit is own texture. There is anything i can do for fix this? https://imgur.com/uBYxKDq

Just try the PC option or remove it entirely, seems to be just tiling the texture more for higher resolutions which causes the pattern to become very obvious at those resolutions.

Edited by LaDiDa

Foxter Diaz

How to fix the green and purple vehicle parts from exploded vehicle in PS2 vehicle pipe? Other vehicle pipes like PC or Neo have it fixed (Parts show in black) but I really like the PS2 reflections.

• 2 weeks later...

hat6hPn.png

the promise of the mod would be to take the graphic from mobile / Win10, xbox to the PC, but I stopped to notice that the shadow in the mobile or xbox config is nothing like the advanced version which seems to be a more dynamic shadow. here a comparison

• KEKW 2

The Lucky Mole
9 hours ago, RetrKIll0 said:

hat6hPn.png

the promise of the mod would be to take the graphic from mobile / Win10, xbox to the PC, but I stopped to notice that the shadow in the mobile or xbox config is nothing like the advanced version which seems to be a more dynamic shadow. here a comparison

Indeed, SkyGfx doesn't add mobile/Xbox shadows. DK's shadows settings extender should be good for that.

• Like 2

On 1/18/2021 at 6:07 PM, RetrKIll0 said:

hat6hPn.png

Notice that also original remastered reflexions make look the car like shinier, i mean, i can see the blu sky on the car and in the Skygfx versión they don't look that shiny (Still looking amazing anyways), in the other hand, to have shadows like remastered version just use DK's shadow extender, i think it got an update some months ago and now they work better

23 hours ago, The Lucky Mole said:

Indeed, SkyGfx doesn't add mobile/Xbox shadows. DK's shadows settings extender should be good for that.

what I used was have a bug that makes it horrible, I don't know, especially the trees,

although I didn't notice if the trees of the remastered have shadow

lol

7 hours ago, MB7783 said:

Notice that also original remastered reflexions make look the car like shinier, i mean, i can see the blu sky on the car and in the Skygfx versión they don't look that shiny (Still looking amazing anyways), in the other hand, to have shadows like remastered version just use DK's shadow extender, i think it got an update some months ago and now they work better

so I'll look again, I think I downloaded an outdated version, thanks

The Lucky Mole
11 hours ago, MB7783 said:

I think the shininess can be configured when the pipe is set to "Env". You can probably get it closer to the Mobile version than the "Mobile" pipe.

23 hours ago, RetrKIll0 said:

what I used was have a bug that makes it horrible, I don't know, especially the trees,

although I didn't notice if the trees of the remastered have shadow

lol

so I'll look again, I think I downloaded an outdated version, thanks

Well, i don't know if it's an official update, I saw it in mixmods.com.br it was the 2.1.2 version, the guy who mod the who admin the blog sometimes upload also unofficial uptades made by him or with him colaborated, i do not usually read portuguese so i just assumed it was an unofficial update or sometime, if it wasn't, sorry for the misunderstanding (just in case)

On 1/4/2021 at 6:50 PM, LaDiDa said:

Just try the PC option or remove it entirely, seems to be just tiling the texture more for higher resolutions which causes the pattern to become very obvious at those resolutions.

I selected the PC one in the .ini file (grainFilter=PC) but nothing has changed. On the PCSX2 version i don't have this problem when playing 4K

Edited by Frappete
update

RyanDri3957V

Is-That-Possible-To-Get-Detailmap-On-The

Is it possible to make the sidewalk get "detail map" too like the texture of the grass?

Maybe editing "texdb.txt"?

Edited by RyanDri3957V
  • YEE 1
  • KEKW 2

On 1/23/2021 at 12:51 PM, Frappete said:

I selected the PC one in the .ini file (grainFilter=PC) but nothing has changed. On the PCSX2 version i don't have this problem when playing 4K

did you remove the ";" in front of the line? PCSX2 could be scaling differently compared to PC, no idea if it's better or not.

33 minutes ago, LaDiDa said:

did you remove the ";" in front of the line? PCSX2 could be scaling differently compared to PC, no idea if it's better or not.

I tried also to delete the entire line but it's like something is overriding the settings in the skygfx1. However, when i switch in-game to skygfx2 preset i can see the PC grain filter

BkW4DMB.png

On 11/8/2016 at 11:21 AM, 4Arty said:

well, i'd like to see in next versions VCSPC shadows and VCXBOX vehicle pipe.

biKVBox.jpg

this is how looks my version of adapted vc and 3 xbox vehicles

it's looks damn cool. but with shadows and xbox style vehicle rendering it will look much better.

sad that Dexx had not finished his work because sagfx vehicle pipeline still looks more beautiful than many other pipelines.

Your skygfx config ?

Edited by Sofiane_K

On 1/24/2021 at 3:47 PM, Sofiane_K said:

Your skygfx config ?

Did you notice the post you quoted is from 2016, and the guy who posted it seems to be not that active in the forums anymore.

SkyGFX isn't compatible with new SAMPGraphicRestore which has 180KB file size, this file comes with SA:MP Addon installer & archive for manual install. It's compatible with 70KB SAMPGraphicRestore and this one was maded 7 years ago by same developer. Any plans to develop this modification again and add support for new SAMPGraphicRestore? Only 70KB GraphicRestore fixes the problems with SA:MP.

Edited by Opysium
  • KEKW 2

if i knew what broke it...

• Like 3

Or ask SAMP devs to fix what casues the problem to begin with, easy peasy!

• KEKW 1

Does anyone know how to increase Radiosity? no matter how much I increase the values, nothing changes

SkyGfx for PS vita is in the works. I'm very excited!

http://gta.rockstarvision.com/screens/vita_skygfx1.png

5 hours ago, Pirushu said:

Does anyone know how to increase Radiosity? no matter how much I increase the values, nothing changes

Adapting the radiosity settings in the ini should work, don't forget to remove the ";" in front of the line though

Edited by LaDiDa

2 hours ago, LaDiDa said:

Adapting the radiosity settings in the ini should work, don't forget to remove the ";" in front of the line though

Ooooooh ... Thanks, I hadn't noticed the ";"

Almost. the android game can be hacked to run on the vita and that's what we're working on. it should mostly work for android too i suppose but i don't wanna touch that.