2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

The Hero

SkyGfx: PS2, Xbox and Mobile graphics for PC

waper1234
Posted (edited)

Edited by waper1234

Khodak

How do I disable the blurry effect from SkyGFX - VC? I've tried using Sharptrails but the game crashes with it.

Pirushu
28 minutes ago, Khodak said:

How do I disable the blurry effect from SkyGFX - VC? I've tried using Sharptrails but the game crashes with it.

In Display Options, disable the "trails" option

Khodak

But this disable all the effects, is there a way to disable only the blur?

Ash_735
12 minutes ago, Khodak said:

But this disable all the effects, is there a way to disable only the blur?

Use Sharp trails, that you've already said doesn't work for you, so *shrugs*

Khodak

Oh well... I guess I'll have to get used to the blur or just disable the trails, decisions decisions...

BloodRaynare
Posted (edited)

Hey guys, I just discovered that the PS2 version of SA has more intense headlight corona glows than other versions

Spoiler

XZ9sy04.png

Could this be implemented on SkyGFX or require separate solution like Project2DFX or something else?

Edited by BloodRaynare
I still think PS2 headlight corona glows is more intense :p

Teodorescu

I had older version installed,everything was fine. Now i wanted to download the latest version and this is how my game looks. Anyone knows how to fix it ?https://imgur.com/a/rOpqrtf

waper1234
Posted (edited)

Edited by waper1234

FriedSpats
10 hours ago, Teodorescu said:

I had older version installed,everything was fine. Now i wanted to download the latest version and this is how my game looks. Anyone knows how to fix it ?https://imgur.com/a/rOpqrtf

Could be related to the dualpass setting, and from what I can tell, specular map only affects ped models, not the map.

X3MProductions
Posted (edited)

I can't install it with ReShade, and also I can't use it without having this error:

When I'm with a weapon in hand, the cars and many other stuff start to look weird. When I'm not, they look normal.

EaPrWW5.jpg

nyvYudi.jpg

Edited by X3MProductions

Reameb

That must be some incompatibility with other mod, that doesnt happen here at all.

The Hero

Looks like leaking matfx renderstate. I thought I had fixed these things quite long ago so maybe it is other mods indeed.

PANZER24

Hey, does VC skygfx have an impact on my FPS, thanks.

waper1234
Posted (edited)

Edited by waper1234

X3MProductions
Posted (edited)

Thank you guys for the help, I've tried reinstalling GTA and it worked now. However the problem now is, I try to install it with JuniorDjjr's PS2 configs, and right after, I put the normal color filter as the Mobile one (sometimes i try 'None' as well).

Then the vehicles and peds start to look really dark, and the trees and grasses' alpha transparencies aren't working. How do I make the peds and vehicles look bright again with the normal lightning (but without deactivating the reflections) and make the trees work?

Plxtg7t.jpg

gfclJSq.jpg

9xNtjd0.jpg

SEowljy.jpg

EDIT: NEVERMIND! I've re-installed GTA once again and overwritten the old SKYGFX I had, now it works!

However, anyone knows how can I make the shadows look a little bit darker? I mean, is any other mod to make it so?

oPntxBw.jpg

tGeqV1u.jpg

Edited by X3MProductions

Shelbyy1967

Can I somehow make the vehicles look brighter? White cars look actually grey with this mod.

pep legal
Posted (edited)

@aap/the_hero:

Out of curiosity...

Does SkyGfx ignore or overwrite any of those dynamic limits from LimitAdjuster ?

(Specifically  the number of Visible Entities)

When I'm using WideScreen fix (which changes FOV, putting more entities to render)...and using high values of draw distances (which put A LOT of entities to render)....and extend Grass and Plants draw distance (he...he...he which stupiditily also increase the number of entitities)... I'm getting some rendering crashes.

What more limit the number of entities to be rendered ? ( I just know "VisibleEntityPtrs" and "VisibleLodPtrs").

Is that Z-buffer a limit ? (cause I noticed differences when grass dual pass is ON or OFF).

Thanks.

Edited by pep legal

The Hero

I'm using some addresses for the rendering of env maps that may be changed by a limit adjuster. So far nobody has complained so I didn't bother to play nicer but it's quite possible I should do something about it. See https://github.com/aap/skygfx/blob/master/src/envmap.cpp#L139

ChengizVlad09
Posted (edited)

I think I'm one of the rare dudes that gives the advantage to draw distance fog over extended draw distance. Might be too technical for me to properly explain, but after a long time of trying to adjust parameters of LodLights and DD enhancers, I gotta say, I will sacrifice everything LodLights have to offer simply to have the original atmosphere SkyGFX and PS2 provide. Messing around with LodLights even to a slightest amount, takes away way too much of what SkyGFX puts to the table. It is unbelievable how beautiful the original PS2 SA looks and how SkyGFX make it looks so authentic, easily my favorite mod. 

Edited by ChengizVlad09

pep legal
Posted (edited)

@aap/the hero

Hey bro...if you are still working on SkyGfx (I hope so)... Is it possible to take static shadows into account when calculating grass lightining ? (inside "saveIntensity " maybe, not sure if shadow information is available at that level).

Under those freeway bridges of San Fierro...grass shines to much.

Also...instead of taking material color for defining grass color (as the game does), would it be more "beautiful" to take an "averaged" difuse color from the ground texture ? (again, no sure if ground texture is available at that level).

I've put grass to be rendered very far away ( > 400 mts)...and it looks ugly at that distance (less ugly when grassAddAmbient is enabled...but still very ugly).

Thanks.

Edited by pep legal

The Hero

I don't really feel like actually improving things much beyond what's done on different platforms.

The grass sure can be improved somewhat but I don't think I want it in skygfx.

pep legal
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, The Hero said:

I don't really feel like actually improving things much beyond what's done on different platforms.

The grass sure can be improved somewhat but I don't think I want it in skygfx.

No problem pal...you have done a lot for this project.

Please, just don't forget those limits changed by LimitAdjuster...I'm getting systemic crashes.

I just raised those questions because I'm working on plants and grass distance now. I managed the second problem by tweaking grass color and transparency in the file plants.dat (also the textures in plant1.txd). They look less ugly now...without any coding.

The shadow problem I have no idea how to deal. I was thinking of putting grass render BEFORE shadow render would solve that problem.

Anyway, thanks for your attention.

--------------------------------------------------

EDIT:

Hmmm...it's not a shadow problem ! it's the vertex color of tha terrain not being applyed to plants and gras !

Interesting.

Edited by pep legal

SilverRST
18 hours ago, pep legal said:

No problem pal...you have done a lot for this project.

Please, just don't forget those limits changed by LimitAdjuster...I'm getting systemic crashes.

I just raised those questions because I'm working on plants and grass distance now. I managed the second problem by tweaking grass color and transparency in the file plants.dat (also the textures in plant1.txd). They look less ugly now...without any coding.

The shadow problem I have no idea how to deal. I was thinking of putting grass render BEFORE shadow render would solve that problem.

Anyway, thanks for your attention.

EDIT:

Hmmm...it's not a shadow problem ! it's the vertex color of tha terrain not being applyed to plants and gras !

Interesting.

But what about the pop-ins of the grass? The higher the distance of grass, the more pop-ins instead of fade-ins.

The Eddo
Posted (edited)

@The Hero: How about including some fixes in SkyGFX for Intel graphics cards to avoid bugs like this:

bxkd0UQ.png

Or this:

weBTUQg.png

The first one occurs whenever skygfx.asi is present in my VC directory and the second one happens whenever backface culling is disabled.
Oh, great! Now I just broke all of my spleens. I guess I'll just have to go buy some new ones, YET AGAIN.

Edited by The Eddo

pep legal
Posted (edited)
On 5/6/2019 at 10:58 AM, SilverRST said:

But what about the pop-ins of the grass? The higher the distance of grass, the more pop-ins instead of fade-ins.

Plants still have pop-ins...but far away (>400mts)...Will work on that soon.

Grass has zero pop-in...always fade-in ( even that fade is only visible above 400mts).

Edited by pep legal

Marsi4eg
Posted (edited)

Plants were bugged even in vanilla game, they fade on PS2 like grass, but on PC they pop-in

How great that someone take a look into this at last 🙂

Edited by Marsi4eg

THE.NOOB

Hey guys I need some help! 
So recently I decided to play GTA San Andreas again (after taking a long break) and installed it. I wanted to play vanilla, but the game has so many bugs and glitches and I decided to get the bare minimun (Silent Patch, Widescreen Fix, 2DFX and SKYGFX), but I can't install them and I don't know why??? They are mostly ASI plugins and I thought it might be the ASI Loader and I tried many versions (Silent's ASI Loader, Ultimate ASI Loader, DLL Loader and more) and none of them could get ANY mod working. The only 3 mods I could get working are Silent's Patch, HOR+ and CLEO and that's it! If the ASI Loader is the problem, could someone give me a link to another one that works? If the ASI Loader isn't the problem then what is it?
Here is my GTA San Andreas Directory (on the right) and the mods I'm trying to run (on the left)
Also my script folder.
Thanks in advance!

LaDiDa

Is your game version 1.0 though? Most mods will not work at all with other versions.

Try using the downgrader and see if that helps (but make a backup to be safe).