• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Hero

• Inadequate

• Sneed

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SkyGfx (Sky is name of Renderware for the PS2, any semblance to the actual sky is purely accidental) brings accurate PS2 and Xbox graphics to the PC version of San Andreas, Vice City and III  

Xbox-like code is implemented and seems to be working perfectly finally!!

Version 3.1 turned out to be bigger than I had thought. See OP for the link to the release. The first two inis are PS2 and PC like config as before. The third ini has some custom settings like the ne

This is probably gonna be a reason for me to replay the game again & again :inlove: Great work guys.

• Like 2
Inadequate

Will be the Vice City transparent aim toggleable in some future version of skygfx?

• Like 3
iiCriminnaaL

Really amazin'! Can't wait to use 'em ingame!

Edited by Kane49
The Hero

Sorry, I need a bit more time. Give me until tomorrow. I don't want to rush it.

• Like 12
iiCriminnaaL

Take your time, bruh.

Rachel Amber

:(:(:(:( but ok take your time. :( hype over.

Edited by NOskillx
Inadequate

The more time you take, the better will be. So, take your time aap. I'm so hyped to see the new improvements and more accuracy. ;)

• Like 2
Reyks

Take as much time as you want.

I'm curious how these reflections and sun glare look on planes/helis/boats.

• Like 1
El Dorado

cars are too bright inside that tunnel

but I suppose nothing can be done about that

The Hero

Version 3.1 turned out to be bigger than I had thought. See OP for the link to the release.

The first two inis are PS2 and PC like config as before. The third ini has some custom settings like the neo reflections and VC sun glare.

Changelog 3.1 for SA:

neo waterdrops (not too well tested, only when raining; thanks to Thirteen AG for porting them from skygfx_vc)neo reflections (thanks to ASH for coming up with nice tweaking table values)fixed multipass distance on carsfixed near water square (not accurate ps2 pipeline though)VC sun glareIII/VC trails (mainly for UG)export function to get config (mainly for UG)transparent target lockonps2 rain grain (no change needed after all)ps2 ambient light for building pipeline (lightning illuminates world is optional)fixed some issues caused by dual passrewrote *a lot* of pipeline code. visual changes due to that:  fixed env1 mapping on cars (should be hardly noticable)  wet road effect on buildings
Hope I didn't forget anything.

And I hope I didn't break anything. I rewrote pretty big parts of skygfx (mainly car and building pipelines) so it's quite possible I've introduced some bugs with it.

Have fun!

Edited by The Hero
  • Like 30
_𝓐𝓖

Version 3.1 turned out to be bigger than I had thought. See OP for the link to the release.

The first two inis are PS2 and PC like config as before. The third ini has some custom settings like the neo reflections and VC sun glare.

Changelog 3.1 for SA:

neo waterdrops (not too well tested, only when raining; thanks to Thirteen AG for porting them from skygfx_vc)neo reflections (thanks to ASH for coming up with nice tweaking table values)fixed multipass distance on carsfixed near water square (not accurate ps2 pipeline though)VC sun glareIII/VC trails (mainly for UG)export function to get config (mainly for UG)transparent target lockonps2 rain grain (no change needed after all)ps2 ambient light for building pipeline (lightning illuminates world is optional)fixed some issues caused by dual passrewrote *a lot* of pipeline code. visual changes due to that:  fixed env1 mapping on cars (should be hardly noticable)  wet road effect on buildings
Hope I didn't forget anything.

And I hope I didn't break anything. I rewrote pretty big parts of skygfx (mainly car and building pipelines) so it's quite possible I've introduced some bugs with it.

Have fun!

Thanks for this, You are my TheHero :D, someone said it already?

• Like 1
LaDiDa

This is so cool, it's like we finally got the PC version of SA we should've had from the start! Thanks a lot for your hard work on this!

• Like 2

This is freaking awesome , one thing though .....i think Skygfx is incompatible with FLA

if i use both , game crash at loading screen without generating a crashlog neither in modloader.log or fastman92limitadjuster.log.

but if i use only one of them ..... game works fine. :blink:

Edited by Crspy
Rachel Amber

i dont think so.... i use SKY GFX with FLA in GTA Underground and everything works fine... i use latest FLA NOT the one included with GTA UG

i dont think so.... i use SKY GFX with FLA in GTA Underground and everything works fine... i use latest FLA NOT the one included with GTA UG

me too , that's weird ..... also here's another thing ...... at the first time the game worked fine with both of them installed but when i exit the game and run it again ( crash without a log )

so i thought about the order of asi plugins being loaded , i renamed FLA asi to be loaded after skygfx .... problem solved !

edit : nope , it's not. exit the game and run it again > crash.

edit 2 : crashes happen randomly even with only skygfx installed

edit 3 : never mind , fixed it >_>

Edited by Crspy
Rachel Amber

well i played like an hour and i didn't had any Rain droples bug's yet anyway The Hero are you gonna rework .ini's sometime soon? because they look's messed up.... they not soo clean and groupped LIKE 3/VC one...

EDIT: But still... if there are bugs with rain drops i hope Hero gonna fix them for next release.

Edited by NOskillx
Ash_735

That's because San Andreas has a batch load of choices compared to III/VC,so not only is it PS2, PC, Xbox, but also Spec options and now Neo.

• Like 1
Rachel Amber

Yeah i know... Ash, but still there might be a way to group them better and cleaner :)

Edited by NOskillx

But this kind of reflection (blue), I did not see in the Vice City. I am use the neo reflection

b80833557891213.jpg 37d9c2557891223.jpg

iiCriminnaaL

Any way to turn the PS2 color filter on while keeping the world texture/background quality? It f*cks my eyes up.

Ash_735

That's because it's based off timecyc things now, that's what I used as a base to get the colour tints to match the weather, as TheHero said, it's Neo but done better to take advantage of the features it has.

I do know blue tints are mainly featured in rainy weathers, so if you were driving around and it was raining previously, then there's a chance you'll see vehicles loaded during those times with the old tints until it syncs up again.

Edit: Kane, look in the readme at the Q&A, it tells you what settings to change to keep PS2 Colour Correction but turn off the radiosity blur.

Edited by Ash_735
  • Like 3
Dash Shack

But this kind of reflection (blue), I did not see in the Vice City. I am use the neo reflection

b80833557891213.jpg 37d9c2557891223.jpg

Same here, its needs to be tweaked with different colors especially with dark colors.