• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Hero

• Inadequate

• Sneed

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SkyGfx (Sky is name of Renderware for the PS2, any semblance to the actual sky is purely accidental) brings accurate PS2 and Xbox graphics to the PC version of San Andreas, Vice City and III  

Xbox-like code is implemented and seems to be working perfectly finally!!

Version 3.1 turned out to be bigger than I had thought. See OP for the link to the release. The first two inis are PS2 and PC like config as before. The third ini has some custom settings like the ne

what's the "official" statement from silent about this? he still recommends SSE and says releasing the VCSPC shadows for SA equals stabbing DK in the back?

AFAIK there were two types of shadows in VCS:PCE: the shadows that are pretty much a heavily improved version of DK's SSE and later down the line Silent managed to make even better shadows using a modern technique called "Shadow Mapping", but it seems the code for that was lost.

Shadow mapping never gone further than this screenshot.

what's the "official" statement from silent about this? he still recommends SSE and says releasing the VCSPC shadows for SA equals stabbing DK in the back?

AFAIK there were two types of shadows in VCS:PCE: the shadows that are pretty much a heavily improved version of DK's SSE and later down the line Silent managed to make even better shadows using a modern technique called "Shadow Mapping", but it seems the code for that was lost.

Any chance that version could work in SA? The original mod was fine for the most part (except for some odd little bugs) because the reason why a lot of shadows (especially tree ones) look weird is the level of detail for the model. Although I suppose softer shadows would look better and vehicle shadows look a bit weird.

No, I think he means porting the graphical improvements from the mobile version. I don't even know what's better about that. The Xbox version is ultimately still the best version barring resolution.

Yeah, I meant the graphical improvements from the mobile version.

I don't know if it's alredy possible.

I was mention it because it looks different to the PC version.

And looks really good.

I don't know what does it though.

I guess it some kind of light or so.

Example: Look at the windscreen: http://screenshots.en.sftcdn.net/en/scrn/69677000/69677504/grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-for-windows-8-04-700x418.png

And the light or someting looks really good in general too.

http://cdn.gsmarena.com/pics/14/01/gta-sa-review/gsmarena_004.jpg

https://www.hit2k.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/GTA-San-Andreas-For-Android-Hit2k.jpg

And the peds seem to have the kind of lighting too:

http://a1.mzstatic.com/eu/r30/Purple/v4/d0/f5/7c/d0f57c10-2535-f65a-a189-54ba3e91bd43/screen520x924.jpeg

Edited by Davve95

You can have the ped lighting system (specular mapping) in your game by using DK's mod

For other mobile stuff into the pc version of sa, you can check out this thread: http://gtaforums.com/topic/661961-sa-mobile-to-pc-research-project/

Any chance that version could work in SA? The original mod was fine for the most part (except for some odd little bugs) because the reason why a lot of shadows (especially tree ones) look weird is the level of detail for the model. Although I suppose softer shadows would look better and vehicle shadows look a bit weird.

That is exactly what I was suggesting in the previous page, it would be really nice to have this "improved" SSE in SA, it shouldn't even be that hard since VCS:PCE is basically a heavily modded SA.

I don't think DK would mind this getting released if the proper credits are given and stuff, plus he obviously won't be updating SSE anytime soon.

Edited by Reyks

I meant can't you just take the files from that mod and use them in SA?

Nope, it's not a separate .asi mod, it was actually implemented directly into the game's .exe.

That is a sign you're using a toaster with an integrated GPU. I had that happen on SA 10 years ago with a sh*tty HP prebuilt.

Well, seems about right.

Oh well, guess I'll just not use this mod then

Hello, I use a texture pack from the "Arkai"" needs your help. The fact that billboards is his name. Write me TXD counting all advertising absolutely everyone, or throw off the backup data of these billboards. Some I've changed, but I want to put a standard. They are similar to the PS2 version.
Problem solved. I did not work the modloader

Edited by Delirius97

Finally someone provides a PIX frame. But I can only use the REF device on it (PIX frames are hardware dependent!) which is slow as f*ck. Maybe you can make another one at a lower resolution...or I could try debugging this on your machine over teamviewer or similar. I'll be back home on wednesday, maybe we can check out this problem then.

• Like 2

What Compact or Hoodlum exe? :/

P.D: I'm new in the world of modding :v

They're just different versions of the 1.0 exe to my understanding, most people have hoodlum.

Edited by zanesix

What Compact or Hoodlum exe? :/

P.D: I'm new in the world of modding :v

They're just different versions of the 1.0 exe to my understanding, most people have hoodlum.

Compact like his name says, is a modified GTA SA v1.0 US executable for getting rid of the SecuROM sh*t, only game code is present, if I'm not wrong was made by Listener. About HOODLUM exe (maybe I'm wrong) is a full native GTA SA v1.0 US executable but only cracked for no ask for the DVD disc when you run the game. On both the size differs as well.

The best thing would be to implement a backface culling IDE flag, like we have in SA, if that's even possible. Disabling it on all models will always cause some weird sh*t.

I personally prefer having a text file that lists which model to disable backface culling so that modifications to the original map files can be minimized.

So would people be interested in VCSPC shadows being included in SkyGFX? They arnt really from any version of the game, just based on mobile versions and the original player shadows from SA, so it might feel out of place as these were created as their own advanced thing compared to just restoring missing features.

We could make it work, the VCS PC shadows do have their own options though like Shadow Distance and Quality, which would have to be ini based here, and considering how many people seem to struggle with that already it would just be more lines to complain about not knowing what they do.

and considering how many people seem to struggle with that already it would just be more lines to complain about not knowing what they do.

Fuk dose ppl, if they can' read, das their problem

• Like 3

Sry for offtopic but...

I checked the thread a few minutes ago, read his post...
K, now I'm like: "Wait, wut, Ash, LOL."

About the shadows. Why not?

Edited by BlackScout

anything would be better than this

INcTzpQ.jpg

Ash, instead of including with skygfx, why not a separate, new mod?

Edited by El Dorado

If Silent implements it I'd have no problem including it in SkyGFX. Ini options will hopefully be cleaned up a bit for the next version.

• Like 8