• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Hero

• Inadequate

• Sneed

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SkyGfx (Sky is name of Renderware for the PS2, any semblance to the actual sky is purely accidental) brings accurate PS2 and Xbox graphics to the PC version of San Andreas, Vice City and III  

Xbox-like code is implemented and seems to be working perfectly finally!!

Version 3.1 turned out to be bigger than I had thought. See OP for the link to the release. The first two inis are PS2 and PC like config as before. The third ini has some custom settings like the ne

This happens with the backface culling option set to 1. Also with Xbox raindrops enabled, I get NO drops at all.

Edit: Discovered this was an issue with Project2DFX.

backfaceculling1-1.png

backfaceculling1-2.png

Edited by Kurropt Antagonist

No,Only Silent Patch,your mod with ps2 cars and project 2dfx.

I guess I maye have to double check my render states. Up until recently I didn't realize some d3d states were cached like twice, so it might be I messed something up.

Kurropt Antagonist:

Tell me, if you rename neo.txd to something else, does skygfx complain? Irrational had the problem that neoInit (which among other things reads this file) was never called causing a lot of problem. We weren't able to figure out what the problem was though.

Edited by The Hero
Hi The Hero , I really liked your modification, it is just super!
I am writing you with a translator because the do not know much English. I found a bug, and I hope you fix it.
Continue in the same spirit.
Sincerely Delirius97
http://imgur.com/a/BhjzW

Edited by Delirius97

This happens with the backface culling option set to 1. Also with Xbox raindrops enabled, I get NO drops at all.

You need v1.0 .exe.

Some of that stuff is already in the VC Xbox mod. What's different about that picture of III?

I think he means the detail textures in VC. Don't know what i'm looking at in the III shot though...maybe the postfx?

Don't know what i'm looking at in the III shot though...maybe the postfx?

The reflection? (which is most likely just flipped model below)

Edited by Blackbird88

Don't know what i'm looking at in the III shot though...maybe the postfx?

The reflection? (which is most likely just flipped model below)

Well crap, I thought that model was a transparant object. Like one whole object and didn't see it was a reflection.

The Hero what about compatibility MVL and XBOX reflections ?

I wrote you a PM, I waited and waited but received no response..

Here in the forum is someone who needs it, or only me it need

Kurropt Antagonist:

Tell me, if you rename neo.txd to something else, does skygfx complain?

Yup, error message about not finding neo.txd.

Anyways, the problem in the hotel was fixed when I removed Project2DFX (sorry about this, I thought I had my mods disabled) but the issue with the windows in the pizza shop remained. Tried different settings but nothing fixed it, save for disabling skygfx entirely.

Edited by Kurropt Antagonist

Kurropt Antagonist:

Tell me, if you rename neo.txd to something else, does skygfx complain?

Anyways, the problem in the hotel was fixed when I removed Project2DFX (sorry about this, I thought I had my mods disabled) but the issue with the windows in the pizza shop remained. Tried different settings but nothing fixed it, save for disabling skygfx entirely.

2DFX doesn't cause any issues with this mod. I know because I'm using it too. I just keep most of my scripts in the root folder (make sure your global.ini file is configured to LoadFromScriptsOnly=0) with the only exception being the widescreen mod and trails ones.

The hotel issue appears in my game when backface culling is disabled. The restaurant windows have always been screwy, even in the original game. I think this is the game's fault and not this mod's fault or any other.

41dk5MU.png

YqFU2Xd.png

Whenever there's fog in SA, all the light sources turn into squares. Couldn't find the solution anywhere in the topic - I searched "square light sources" and "rectangle light sources" and got nothing. No clue what's causing this - I went over my settings and it can't be Silent Patch f*cking with it. GPU is a GTX 760.
EDIT:SAMPgraphicrestore causes it, solved.II5srVk.png

Edited by RM76

2DFX doesn't cause any issues with this mod.

Vanilla game, skygfx, backface culling option set to 1:

Vanilla%20SkyGfx%20BF%20Enabled.png

Vanilla game, Project2DFX, skygfx, backface culling option set to 1:

Vanilla%20SkyGfx%20BF%20Enabled%20P2DFX.

You are correct about the restaurant windows. Looks like VCLF might have fixed that and what I'm used to.

Whenever there's fog in SA, all the light sources turn into squares. Couldn't find the solution anywhere in the topic - I searched "square light sources" and "rectangle light sources" and got nothing. No clue what's causing this - I went over my settings and it can't be Silent Patch f*cking with it. GPU is a GTX 760.

EDIT:SAMPgraphicrestore causes it, solved.II5srVk.png

Dude thank you so much, the problem was solved. Respect to you!

2DFX doesn't cause any issues with this mod.

Vanilla game, skygfx, backface culling option set to 1:

Vanilla%20SkyGfx%20BF%20Enabled.png

Vanilla game, Project2DFX, skygfx, backface culling option set to 1:

Vanilla%20SkyGfx%20BF%20Enabled%20P2DFX.

You are correct about the restaurant windows. Looks like VCLF might have fixed that and what I'm used to.

The line in skygfx.ini should be disableBackfaceCulling=0. This means backface culling is enabled. I don't get the glitch that way and I have those mods enabled (plus others).

This is a known bug in Project2DFX 4, that lod appears in hotel's interior. Caused by preload lods option.

The line in skygfx.ini should be disableBackfaceCulling=0. This means backface culling is enabled. I don't get the glitch that way and I have those mods enabled (plus others).

There are some mods that need backface culling disabled though, like PS2 Feels for VCLF.

The best thing would be to implement a backface culling IDE flag, like we have in SA, if that's even possible. Disabling it on all models will always cause some weird sh*t.

EDIT: A bit off-topic but is there any chance we will ever see the fancy shadows from VCS-PCE in regular SA? It's a bit sad to see such a great looking feature die with that mod, I know we already have DK's Shadow Settings Extender, but it's extremely buggy and the author clearly abandoned it...

So many cool little features from VCS-PCE were simply forgotten since the mod died :(

Edited by Reyks
  • Like 3

What's planned for the VCS/LCS vehicle pipeline in skygfx for SA? I'd really like to see the car window specular from the XBox vehicle pipeline in it or something similar to it, since the vehicle specular looks kinda plain when you use the XBox pipeline after being used to the looks of the VCS/LCS pipeline.

Other then that i'd say skygfx is a must have for these older GTA games, since ENB makes the lighting seem out of place (and costs way too much resources for my liking).

Those are some sexy shadows right there Reyks :inlove: . It would indeed be a shame seeing those go to waste.

I reversed the world pipeline from III alone, maybe it's a bit different for VC actually, will have to check. As to why things are missing, no idea. I thought I had included all xbox map files...

But i see them in med

U1mpeY3.jpg

edit: i maybe get it

u see the blue hell on pc

TVHlgRk.jpg

Edited by Tomasak

Damn. This mod (with VCS reflections) combined with Shadow Settings Extender makes SA look amazing (it's something about the bloom in that mod but also the shadows). It looks a bit like the graphics in the pictures that R* modified to look better but it's hard to convey the effect in a static picture (it looks much better in motion).

8zBzaCZ.png

• Like 2

New pipeline and trail that was awesome! I think VCS pipeline maybe could have a option on reflection weak or strong, just like ENB can set glass reflection and bodyshell`s reflection.

[sorry for my bad english]

Strictly IMHO, SA's original dynamic shadows look awful both with and without SSE. I'm still waiting for a day when Silent The Cookie Monster decides to port real-time shadow maps from VCSPC to SA.

• Like 2

what's the "official" statement from silent about this? he still recommends SSE and says releasing the VCSPC shadows for SA equals stabbing DK in the back?

and shadows on SA only look somewhat good on vehicles and peds, dynamic shadows for the game world would require a massive model/collison overhaul