• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Hero

• Inadequate

• Sneed

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SkyGfx (Sky is name of Renderware for the PS2, any semblance to the actual sky is purely accidental) brings accurate PS2 and Xbox graphics to the PC version of San Andreas, Vice City and III  

Xbox-like code is implemented and seems to be working perfectly finally!!

Version 3.1 turned out to be bigger than I had thought. See OP for the link to the release. The first two inis are PS2 and PC like config as before. The third ini has some custom settings like the ne

Xbox particles for III/VC would be nice to have eventually i guess. Otherwise...the water square in VC and SA, PS2 rain grain in SA. I'd actually like mobile postfx for III, looks kinda neat.

• Like 3

Xbox particles for III/VC would be nice to have eventually i guess. Otherwise...the water square in VC and SA, PS2 rain grain in SA. I'd actually like mobile postfx for III, looks kinda neat.

Isn't that covered in the Xbox mod? I modded my game with different effects. The Xbox version doesn't really improve much.

Are you planning on improving the rimLight feature? I think that's the only thing that separates the PC version from the Xbox version right now.

Hell, I already see this: when PS2 water will be implemented I will buy a bottle of cold bear ( or better champagne ), seet in some good place, may be with good friend, looking at the sunset and with warm heart I will think about good things, which happens in our lives ... Sweet ))

• Like 1

Isn't that covered in the Xbox mod? I modded my game with different effects. The Xbox version doesn't really improve much.

No it's not. Xbox version uses more frames for the particle effects. Rim's is working that around. Edited by Blackbird88

Are you planning on improving the rimLight feature? I think that's the only thing that separates the PC version from the Xbox version right now.

Not really, I believe it's now pretty much 100% correct. There was something different in the previous version and I think by implementing xbox code exactly it should now look the same.

Edited by The Hero
  • Like 1

I don't want to sound like an ass and I really appreciate your work but it still doesn't look close to the Xbox version. There's more of that lighting in the Xbox version, especially in cutscenes. I'm not sure how much this version improved on that.

Road gloss is nice but it seems to be dependent on the position of the sun...too much. I can't really see the effect in III without facing the sun directly and I don't remember this being the case in the Xbox version.

Have you downloaded xbox map?

That doesn't change rim lighting or gloss at all. Rim lighting may be dependent on the geometry. tbh i think it looked fine with the unskinned models, i haven't used the skinned ones in a while now. I will check the xbox again but I doubt it will be different. The code is really doing the same thing now. Previously I was using the accurate view vector for the dot product with the normal, now i'm just using the camera's foward vector like the xbox game does.

Nice, also implement real PS2 moonphases on SA version if I'm not wrong. Plus maybe take a look into the golden car bug which is chasing the SA version since a long time ago. :/

I just doubt they were reversed 1:1 from the PS2 code is all.

No Rim Lighting love planned for SA? :(

I just doubt they were reversed 1:1 from the PS2 code is all.

and doesn't work in windowed mode

No Rim Lighting love planned for SA? :(

u know someone would have to make dat file for configuration like it is in GTA3/VC?

Have you downloaded xbox map?

I have and I wish it worked with the Xbox mod. It crashes my game. Is anyone using that with the Xbox mod successfully? Either I haven't added that extra line in gta3.dat in the right place or it's incompatible with the mod.

duh u can't combine those two things as one would overwrite the other. Wait for update of xbox mod, it will be based around The Hero's stuff.

6a0120a85dcdae970b0128776ff992970c-pi.pn

• Like 3

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? Then what I'm doing wrong hmmmmm if I have the setting in 0 which is enabled on this case.

set it to 1?

do you have rwd3d9.dll in your game?

try from scripts folder. i have no problems with that

Small bug with gloss in III and VC. I used fog cheat to make it easier to see.

Well sh*t. That seems to happen due to me having to tamper with the near and far clip for the gloss. Thanks for catching that :/

EDIT: Found a fix. Wasn't the projection matrix after all, just fog problems. The xbox code has fog enabled but it does weird stuff in the vertex and pixel shader, maybe best to just disable it for now.

Can I rename the asi and ini to III.skygfx and will work? I like to have some order into my game installation.

Better stick to skygfx.asi. If other mods try to detect the presence of another mod it's good to not change the name. iii_anim.asi currently uses skygfx to set the rim pipeline for unskinned ped geometry. Renaming the asi would break that.

I already tried that. Throws me an unhandled exception on GTA III and on GTA VC doesn't even work.

Let's debug that on irc later. Edited by The Hero