• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Hero

• Inadequate

• Sneed

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SkyGfx (Sky is name of Renderware for the PS2, any semblance to the actual sky is purely accidental) brings accurate PS2 and Xbox graphics to the PC version of San Andreas, Vice City and III  

Xbox-like code is implemented and seems to be working perfectly finally!!

Version 3.1 turned out to be bigger than I had thought. See OP for the link to the release. The first two inis are PS2 and PC like config as before. The third ini has some custom settings like the ne

I deleted and replaced a few hundred models and textures in both images manually as I couldn't find another tool that was able to simply replace files without having to delete them first. I was shocked that I didn't screw anything up. I installed only (essential) parts of the Xbox mod and the updates (had to trick the installers into thinking it was updating the game but I only wanted the contents of the images which I emptied in the dummy copy of the game to see which models and textures were updated in the update process). The end result is that everything works perfectly now which is weird to me because I remember a time when modding was much more frustrating.

There's one way you can figure out how many files are unused. What's your .dff and .txd count? Mine is 3856 for gta3.img and 718 for txd.img. Does the game convert every texture from gta3.img? At one point during the modding process I only had 700 or 708 .txds in txd.img but I found the missing ones in gta3.img and I added them to the image.

Edit: Here's some gameplay of my modded game. Everything looks great.

Looks like a solid Xbox port. Are you going to mix both PS2 and Xbox cars when you record Vice City? The Washington on the Xbox port only spawns with white color.

I just tested and it spawns correctly but this car looks less detailed than the other cars which might mean the author of the Xbox mod left the PC version of the car in there. I will try The Hero's Xbox vehicles to see if there's a difference.

Xbox-like code is implemented and seems to be working perfectly :) finally!!

Maybe is the same trick as War Drum Studios used for Vice City mobile or they used the Xbox map instead?

• Like 1

They used openGL so i don't see why the bug should be there, also they used PC map.

Ah, I didn't know since I never played the mobile ports so deep as PC and console versions.

Looks like a solid Xbox port. Are you going to mix both PS2 and Xbox cars when you record Vice City? The Washington on the Xbox port only spawns with white color.

I just tested and it spawns correctly but this car looks less detailed than the other cars which might mean the author of the Xbox mod left the PC version of the car in there. I will try The Hero's Xbox vehicles to see if there's a difference.

You were right. The Hero's conversion spawns white Washingtons only. There are some differences between his conversion and the one from the Xbox mod (.dff size is different and the Xbox mod one has more textures).

oFVXkvv.png

The one from the Xbox mod works fine. You can download the model and texture here.

OycSNEp.png

OpenGL is the only cross platform 3d graphics api (or was, now there's vulkan) so they didn't have much of a choice there. I wouldn't be so sure though that the same or a similar problem doesn't haunt the original OpenGL driver of RW as well. It's using a fixed function pipeline just like d3d8 and d3d9. War Drum of course rewrote that stuff with shaders so they didn't have this kind of limitation. I didn't want to implement it with shaders because I would introduced a dependency on d3d9 which is not necessary. The d3d8 fixed function pipeline seems to work fine and now I'm working on implementing the other neo piplines again but closer to the original code.

Is there any way you could add dynamic shadows in III and Vice City? Something like the San Andreas ones or the softer looking shadows for characters in the mobile versions, only applied to everything like in SA.

I imagine it would be difficult to implement.

You need to talk to Silent about this. He has done this for VCS PC Edition, but I doubt he will release it as a separate mod for the original SA.

Edited by Claude_Lib
  • Like 1

That implementation is not compatible with this mod. Still, it would be great to have shadows for vehicles as well.

Actually this mod is incompatible. Turn off xbox vehicle reflections and shadows will work again.
  • Like 1

Xbox-like code is implemented and seems to be working perfectly :) finally!!

neon.png

Nice, that means edit the draw distance of the neon lights into the oceandn.ide file won't needed anymore. This will coming in the next build or is already released?

No, I'm currently working on (re-)implementing all xbox pipelines to be more in line with the original vienna code. World and rim pipelines are done, cars and gloss are still to do. I hope I can release it (along with the converted VC xbox map) in the next few days. You can track my progress on github btw: https://github.com/aap/skygfx_vc/commits/master

Edited by The Hero

Holy pepperoni, that's awesome. I can't wait but sadly I need to wait. Also, do you know if with the Xbox code the water puddles and reflections on Vice City docks are fixed as Malibu Club neon lights? Right here:

quZdqFD.png

fGFgCdl.png

*Screenshots from VCLF thread, not mine. They are broken on default PC files.

If yes, can you post a screenshot?

With PS2 map files

ps2dock1.png

ps2dock2.png

It's not there in the xbox map because that one is based on the PC map and they had to remove the vertex alpha for the PC game due to the problem in the d3d8 RW driver. I wonder how could it be fixed with VCLF? Did you disable fading in?

Edited by The Hero
  • Like 3

With PS2 map files

ps2dock1.png

ps2dock2.png

It's not there in the xbox map because that one is based on the PC map and they had to remove the vertex alpha for the PC game due to the problem in the d3d8 RW driver. I wonder how could it be fixed with VCLF? Did you disable fading in?

Ah, now I see. Then with PS2 map will work by default thanks to your fixed d3d8 thing into skygfx? Also, since I do not want demand more things and such, and wait for the upcoming skygfx build, with your d3d8 fixed driver the North Point Mall palm shadows will work as well? There are a lot of stuff broken or better said removed on the PC port but present on the PS2 ver but it seems your new trick is fixing them. Btw, your ps2 map is fixed and working correct now? Transparent buildings, unloaded textures, etc.

About VCLF, the Vice City docks isn't fixed by me, is fixed by @Mugetsuga, I think he converted the ps2 files to pc and edit some things into them.

Lightmaps, just like III's. Otherwise i expect it to be pretty much the same as the PC map. The IDE/IPL files are 99% the same, just some increased draw distances.

• Like 2

Ash said and shown that xbox map on VC has textures in lower resolution than PC. Also there are few bushes added in xbox version + windows in one store near mall restored like on PS2

Edited by Tomasak

Does the Xbox map have any improvement compared to the PC and PS2 versions?

Higher resolution textures and lightmap thing as GTA III (?).

I checked txd files and I can say xbox have same or even worse textures e.g. buildinghan.txd

PC:

ZoZQWrv.png

Xbox

fA2TaJj.png

Sometimes one texture, sometimes all.

Does the Xbox map have any improvement compared to the PC and PS2 versions?

Higher resolution textures and lightmap thing as GTA III (?).

I checked txd files and I can say xbox have same or even worse textures e.g. buildinghan.txd

PC:

ZoZQWrv.png

Xbox

fA2TaJj.png

Sometimes one texture, sometimes all.

Damn, that sucks. The Xbox port of VC isn't very awesome as Xbox GTA III port. Shame.

• Like 2

Wait, lightmaps are in VC too? I thought it was only a Vienna's curiosity to add them for III. Any screens?

first without lm, second with:

neovc1_off.png

neovc1_on.png

neovc2_off.png

neovc2_on.png

Somehow it mostly gets brighter. I wonder If my shader is correct for VC too, but it probably is.

Edited by The Hero

nice soon gta vc and III xbox port ported to pc by app ;)

Damn The Hero and Silent = master of gta games you two guys making awesome things ;) Best modders of gta history

oh and Fastman...

Edited by NOskillx

Are there anyway to turn of the blur in SA? was too d*mn blurry for me.

(Beginner in SkyGFX)

Sorry if it already have been asked. But I guess it's burried under hundred of posts.

Edited by Davve95