• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Hero

• Inadequate

• Sneed

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SkyGfx (Sky is name of Renderware for the PS2, any semblance to the actual sky is purely accidental) brings accurate PS2 and Xbox graphics to the PC version of San Andreas, Vice City and III  

Xbox-like code is implemented and seems to be working perfectly finally!!

Version 3.1 turned out to be bigger than I had thought. See OP for the link to the release. The first two inis are PS2 and PC like config as before. The third ini has some custom settings like the ne

You can disable/enable Trails in the settings menu. I don't know if you have tried it or alredy know about it though.

And the other thing I can't reply.

Man.. how is it possible for such an old game to have that low performance on my GPU. I can run game like Batman Arkham City with all graphics settings set to ultra and with x4 anti-aliasing (without the DX11 enhancements) and it runs smooth as f***. But when I play GTA San Andreas with graphics settings set to the max with x4 anti-aliasing (and especially when I put SkyGFX to enable some fancy stuff) it runs worse.. I have a laptop with AMD Radion HD 6490M

Edited by stef_92
  • Like 1

Man.. how is it possible for such an old game to have that low performance on my GPU. I can run game like Batman Arkham City with all graphics settings set to ultra and with x4 anti-aliasing (without the DX11 enhancements) and it runs smooth as f***. But when I play GTA San Andreas with graphics settings set to the max with x4 anti-aliasing (and especially when I put SkyGFX to enable some fancy stuff) it runs worse.. I have a laptop with AMD Radion HD 6490M

I had this problem on my old laptop win 8/10 but with my new pc it is fixed even on win 10

I had this problem on my old laptop win 8/10 but with my new pc it is fixed even on win 10

I have Windows 7 Professional x64 so it should be even better for gaming but the game still doesn't run as good as it should be

^

This is not only GPU dependent, because afaik SA uses only one core of CPU ...

That makes more sense. If I open task manager and manually set gta_sa.exe affinity to use the other cores is it going to work?

EDIT: wait.. it's already set.. so nothing can be done, right? Could some of the limit adjusters overcome this?

Edited by stef_92

^

This is not only GPU dependent, because afaik SA uses only one core of CPU ...

It "uses" all cores, however it's still a single core program. It shouldn't use more than ~30%.

BUT BLACKSCOUT YOUR LYING.

isEGY1Q.png

What is funny (at least here on my hyperthreaded i3), is that, if you set it to one core only, it will slowdown the game.

Edited by BlackScout
  • Like 2

And a HD 6490M (which is around HD Graphics 4400) would be able to run Batman with ultra settings? Like for real?

Anyway, it wouldn't hurt if you could take frametimes with fraps and upload somewhere the csv.

Are you having the frame limiter on?

It does not run good at all then for me.

Even if I have a really great computer too.

Edit: But I think Silent patch will fix it if you're having frame limiter on.

Edited by Davve95

Don't hate me but I have another problem lol. My raindrops turn out black for some reason... Perhaps I forgot to rename the file? :p

raindrops.png

I'm having the same problem (it seems skygfx isn't working in-game) with III and VC on Win 8.1 Pro x64. Someone known a solution?

EDIT:

Nevermind. I fixed it deleting the .set file inside User Files folder into my Documents folder from each game (III and VC).

Edited by Inadequate

And a HD 6490M (which is around HD Graphics 4400) would be able to run Batman with ultra settings? Like for real?

Anyway, it wouldn't hurt if you could take frametimes with fraps and upload somewhere the csv.

How can you say that HD 6490M is around HD 4400 :D And yes, I run Barman Arkham City on ultra settings (but as I mentoned - without the DX11 effects, and x4 anti-aliasing) and I get more than 30 FPS.

Well I will make some benchmarks with Fraps and upload the results here for you to see.

That happens when your video mode is set to 16 bit accidentally.

I was on 32 bit. Anyway since is a Win 8.1 fresh install makes sense delete the old .set file for both games.

Uhh guys can anyone tell me what is ped rim lighting or what does it do?

Rim Lighting is the way lighting is projected on peds to show shading on them, without Rim Lighting they will look really flat while with Rim Lighting they will have some nice shading to them. Just google it and you'll see what it does (photographers use this technique to show off models for example).

Well you can try turning on backface culling to remove some of the burden from the grass. Can also play with the grass density a little. I got a pretty heavily modded SA and it runs stable 30fps on a Nvidia 315M (not overclocked) on a laptop with an i5 quadcore processor @ 2.40 GHz. Not sure what your problem is but honestly SA doesn't really like AMD either.

Rim Lighting is the way lighting is projected on peds to show shading on them, without Rim Lighting they will look really flat while with Rim Lighting they will have some nice shading to them. Just google it and you'll see what it does (photographers use this technique to show off models for example).

Well you can try turning on backface culling to remove some of the burden from the grass. Can also play with the grass density a little. I got a pretty heavily modded SA and it runs stable 30fps on a Nvidia 315M (not overclocked) on a laptop with an i5 quadcore processor @ 2.40 GHz. Not sure what your problem is but honestly SA doesn't really like AMD either.

but why do people ask so mush for rim lighting if we have normalmap, also whats with Intel i graphics i play with express chipset 4 series (i know its bad) and i dont even get a stable 30 fps on a normal clean game usually like 15 to 20 but with skygfx implemented my fps doesnt really drop its the same so no gain nor loss :panic: it kinda pisses me off

@The Hero when I use this mod my full computer screen covered with artifacts of texture can you tell me why this happening.I also use the silent patch to stop this but the result is same.

Edited by kkjj

but why do people ask so mush for rim lighting if we have normalmap, also whats with Intel i graphics i play with express chipset 4 series (i know its bad) and i dont even get a stable 30 fps on a normal clean game usually like 15 to 20 but with skygfx implemented my fps doesnt really drop its the same so no gain nor loss :panic: it kinda pisses me off

Normal maps are nice if it weren't for the lighting limitation that only 1 directional light can be used, that's why rimlighting is very much wanted (it doesn't suffer from this limitation).

• Like 2

Normal maps are nice if it weren't for the lighting limitation that only 1 directional light can be used, that's why rimlighting is very much wanted (it doesn't suffer from this limitation).

Agreed, normal maps also don't really add a lot to low-poly peds... it looks kinda weird with them IMO, rim lighting on the other hand looks good on pretty much anything.

If The_Hero finds a way to bring it to SA, this mod will be complete for me.

Edited by Reyks

Agreed, normal maps also don't really add a lot to low-poly peds... it looks kinda weird with them IMO, rim lighting on the other hand looks good on pretty much anything.

If The_Hero finds a way to bring it to SA, this mod will be complete for me.

Oh now i know the difference between rim lighting and normalmap so hmmm then we do need rimlighting but The Hero will have to decide whether to implement or not sinc it is his mod