3. Site Suggestions

The Hero

SkyGfx: PS2, Xbox and Mobile graphics for PC

BustaCJ
29 minutes ago, The Hero said:

nope

Hmm, I'll investigate further.

The Hero

This looks like it's related to my env map rendering code. That code is unfortunately somewhat intrusive. I could add an advanced option to the ini to disable it. wouldn't look as good but may be necessary to prevent such clashes.

BustaCJ

-

Edited by BustaCJ

gts.
21 hours ago, The Hero said:

Work in progress version. I keep them on my server, also have them linked in the topic post now.

Now WIP versions from your server are posted here too? Great.

The Hero

I thought I already had them posted, but I didn't. I linked them occasionally i think but that gets buried.

Wiener Spacehog

Hero, do you think that you can look a little into the Japanese PS2 version of San Andreas?

It seems like the Japanese version lacks a color filter, but I have to test that home by messing around with the inis, but do you think that there could potentially be more differences between the JP and other versions? It also seems like radiosity is disabled.

Blackbird88

It doesn't lack the color filter. That person most likely uses old PCSX2 that has it bugged.

BustaCJ
1 minute ago, Blackbird88 said:

It doesn't lack the color filter. That person most likely uses old PCSX2 that has it bugged.

Hey Blackbird88, got my pm?

Cherbet97

Screenshot of bug with ped faces at some camera angle (GTA SA, SkyGFX v4.0), on NVIDIA 7600GS. On NVIDIA GTX1070 all works properly without any bug.

Edited by Cherbet97

The Hero

Try using DK's ped spec mod (you can disable the effect if you don't like it). It disables the vertex shader and this probably fixes it. Still no idea what's going on unfortunately.

Cherbet97
10 hours ago, The Hero said:

Try using DK's ped spec mod (you can disable the effect if you don't like it). It disables the vertex shader and this probably fixes it. Still no idea what's going on unfortunately.

I tested, working perfect. Thank you very much!

Edited by Cherbet97

Wiener Spacehog

Actually, I think that may be the case. Sorry for inconviniences.

But anyways, I'm still going to try and find differences when I get to buy a Japanese copy of San Andreas.

Maybe I can find a brand new purple dildo or something.

On 2/8/2019 at 9:39 PM, Blackbird88 said:

(I hope this doesn't post as a second post, where is the goddamn edit button damn)

Dark Nero

I'm looking at comparison screenshots and I don't understand - all that SkyGFX does is making everything more yellow and orange?

Garpown
6 minutes ago, Dark Nero said:

I'm looking at comparison screenshots and I don't understand - all that SkyGFX does is making everything more yellow and orange?

The original release of San Andreas on the PS2 (even Vice City & III) had atmospheres (the trails options) in order to immerse yourself more with that time period, it wasn't just the orange looks. Anyway, those couldn't be implemented on Xbox or PC at the time due to the technologies being so different so the PC port ended up being very bland with a basic sky, no heat effects, lots of z-fighting (when two textures are merged and start clipping) and broken reflections/grass. Even the shadow maps were bugged but Hero fixed them too with this mod. Since some of us (me included) played it first on PS2, it felt weird playing the PC version at first because some things felt off about it. The mod simply restores Rockstar's original vision for the 3 games.

Dark Nero

But someone posted comparison screenshots here, for example this one: http://prntscr.com/mjn37q

On this comparison I don't see broken atmospheres, basic/advanced sky, broken/working reflections etc. All I can see is that one picture is much more orange than another one.

Garpown
1 minute ago, Dark Nero said:

But someone posted comparison screenshots here, for example this one: http://prntscr.com/mjn37q

On this comparison I don't see broken atmospheres, basic/advanced sky, broken/working reflections etc. All I can see is that one picture is much more orange than another one.

You can't judge it based off a single picture because it does a lot of things. Try the mod or watch a playthrough on youtube with the mod to get a better understanding.

Dark Nero

I hoped someone has better screenshots, that will show the true power of this mod.

FriedSpats
7 hours ago, Dark Nero said:

I hoped someone has better screenshots, that will show the true power of this mod.

Nobody needs to, because those screenshots already differentiate the difference between the PS2/PC Atmosphere

gts.
15 hours ago, Dark Nero said:

Dude, using a November 2014 comparison? Are you serious? I lol'd. Skygfx has been improved a lot of stuff and added a lot other as well through the years, so that comparison is when skygfx wasn't even a thing yet as it is today, is really out of place against latest version as well.

15 hours ago, Dark Nero said:

What if you install it in your game, and see by yourself if you like it or not. Simpler? Impossible.

warpp

I Am Getting high fps drop in city 144 fps to 80 with only skygfx. How to fix if answer in before response im bad english sorry

Marsi4eg

This game should be played at 30 fps, so your problem isn't really a problem

Dark Nero
8 hours ago, gts. said:

Dude, using a November 2014 comparison? Are you serious? I lol'd. Skygfx has been improved a lot of stuff and added a lot other as well through the years, so that comparison is when skygfx wasn't even a thing yet as it is today, is really out of place against latest version as well.

What if you install it in your game, and see by yourself if you like it or not. Simpler? Impossible.

Yes, I am serious. You suppose I would investigate all 285 pages of the topic? All important information is usually on the first page of the topic.

I've installed it in my game. The major thing that caught my eye was that image went all orange. I supposed there should be something else that had changed, but I couldn't see what because I cannot compare on the fly with how it was.

Then I studied this page: http://gta.rockstarvision.com/skygfx/skygfx.html and also I've found out that F10 can turn orange filter off and I guess it leaves some other new features on, so I'll probably will stick with it.

zerosaber75

This mod is great, and I'm liking the new mobile texture blend/generation and trails, though I do miss the blur effect from the PS2 version with the mobile aesthetics enabled.

gts.
5 hours ago, zerosaber75 said:

This mod is great, and I'm liking the new mobile texture blend/generation and trails, though I do miss the blur effect from the PS2 version with the mobile aesthetics enabled.

What PS2 blur? If you mean the PS2 radiosity in SA, is still there.

zerosaber75
16 hours ago, gts. said:

What PS2 blur? If you mean the PS2 radiosity in SA, is still there.

Ah, what I meant was the PS2 blur for GTA 3. With the mobile new mobile texture blend/generation and trails on, I don't see the blur effect anymore unless I'm missing something.

Inadequate

Check if sharptrails isn't installed in your game, maybe that is.

zerosaber75
1 hour ago, Inadequate said:

Check if sharptrails isn't installed in your game, maybe that is.

Sharptrails wasn't installed in my scripts folder where SkyGfx is or my game's install folder, and even without Sharptrails, the motion blur effect from the PS2 version doesn't appear with these settings enabled in the spoiler below:

Spoiler

I6c4Dps.png

"trailsSwitch=2", "ReplaceDefaultPipeline=1", "DisableColorOverlay=0", "texblendSwitch=2", and "texgenSwitch=2" creates the mobile version-like aesthetics, but the the PS2 motion blur effect isn't present at all anymore unless I comment out the "trailsSwitch=" line which goes back to the default aesthetics settings instead of the mobile version. I even tried messing with the radiosity and leeds settings earlier and still no motion blur effect.

LaDiDa

Pretty sure what you reffer to as PS2 blur effect is the PS2 trails option a.k.a. default (0) under trailsSwitch.

lancevance123

This mod isn't compatible with GTA VC Modloader. 

Any way to make the Modloader and the SkyGFX work simultaneously?