4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

The Hero

SkyGfx: PS2 and Xbox graphics for PC

El Dorado

Maybe he's talking about 2 player mode

Mega

I want PS2 purple dildo! It has a nice PS2 atmosphere on that long hard thing and I like it.

Edited by Mega

uncaged

What makes you think Trails are present on PS2? Sounds like you haven't even tested Hero's mods, as the thing you probably call Trails is PS2 post processing which Hero's already done.

Also, what "PS2 gameplay features" again?

Believe me Silent, I tested EVERY Hero's mod version we are talking about. As I said I am not sure that PS2 ver had Trails. BUT When I looked on TV I saw some weird effect kinda sligth doubling of objects contours while standing still. That effect reminded me VC's Trails SO much that I thought it was. That was long time ago and I started thinking I was wrong untill some guy said THIS:

Yeah I'm not sure about that one myself. I'm playing PS2 version on my PS3 and I don't see it yet I recall someone said it is. I dunno :p

eGVkcWdjMTI=_o_grand-theft-auto-san-andr

HHngdBz.jpg

ps2-blur-when-you-see-it-you-ll-shit-bri

The motion blur advanced mod is stronger than the PS2 blur, that's correct. But still nobody can deny that on the PS2 motion blur is always enabled independent from the speed:

juUyiwu.jpg?1

You can see it best while looking at palms and lamp posts. There's a doubler effect always enabled. It was done to hide graphical issues on the PS2, I guess.

However even if there is NO Traiils on PS2, as for me blur in Hero's mod does not look like PS2's. It is not complane. Just my opinion.

Under "Gameplay features" I meant things like more complicated peds and vehicle's routs, places where they appear and (the most important) traffic that almost always present on streets in PS2 ver. I always hated PC ver for their empty streets. Sorry if "Gameplay features" phrase distructed you, my english is quite poor.

Edited by uncaged

Reyks

I personally hate any kind of blur, motion blur or whatever on games, but yeah If it's indeed a PS2 feature, then I see no problem if it's somehow restored on PC, but please add an .ini option to disable it in case you decide to do it.

Snoops27

So amazing. Thanks for your time and effort into creating something we've been waiting for, for 9 years! :D

Edited by snoops26

SilverRST

The Hero, there is happened something really nice to my carmod which I'm making.

The PS2 reflections makes the paint much clear and naturally.

The black plastic no longer looks shiny specular highlight and plain but real black as they ARE supposed to be.

Those black plastic now looks much more close the real life plastic. i tried imitating them but never succeeded.

This PS2 reflections simply fixed it.

I took screens with on and off.

On:

1eae34368474233.jpg

Off:

9ec645368474248.jpg

I really appreciated what you've done for this community!

Edited by SilverRST

Reyks

@UP

Damn... I have to say this looks way better than that sh*tty ENB, you should post that on the Screenshots thread just to troll people :p

Now all we need is to remove those wheel reflections on some cars and this mod is perfect.

SilverRST

@UP

Damn... I have to say this looks way better than that sh*tty ENB, you should post that on the Screenshots thread just to troll people :p

Now all we need is to remove those wheel reflections on some cars and this mod is perfect.

Lol. And then I'll be providing them fake ENB settings and explaining it's their GPU's and or drivers :p

Really, now seeing these comparison, I cannot..just cannot believe I liked the red without the PS2 reflections. I just can't.

Now the red without PS2 ref looks gay and pinkish lol

The black plastic now have the kind of black reflections I always tried to imitate but end up having the damn ugly specular highlights.

And when specular highlight is off, then there is ugly simple plain black.

Ah yes, take a look at the shadow under the mirror. AO map is now finally much more noticeable.

You can see the shadow all over the body.

Edited by SilverRST

The Hero

I was already able to remove the reflection on car wheels. But on bikes it's harder as they don't use the wheel render callback :/

Reyks

@The Hero

For the Bikes maybe Aztecas can remove them manually by editing the model.

@SilverRST

I'm serious you should REALLY do that, will be funny as heck, btw that lamborghini looks amazing :D.

SilverRST

@The Hero

For the Bikes maybe Aztecas can remove them manually by editing the model.

@SilverRST

I'm serious you should REALLY do that, will be funny as heck, btw that lamborghini looks amazing :D.

Lol, I will :p

In the meantime I have improved the materials and head and taillights. So to explain it simple, what you just saw is just the beginning :D

savidge

Just wanted to drop this here in case it can help this project any more, it's all the files exclusive to the PS2 version only. I have no idea what most of these do, but maybe somebody does.

Anyway; enjoy: DOWNLOAD

The Hero

New version. Wheels should no longer have a specular map. I replaced the pipeline of all car atomics having a name containing "wheel" with the default pipeline.

EDIT: The Super GT looks wrong now (that it didn't before was coincidence). Please replace any broken cars with fixed versions (by Aztecas_5 e.g.).

Edited by The Hero

BMWSauberF1.08

New version. Wheels should no longer have a specular map. I replaced the pipeline of all car atomics having a name containing "wheel" with the default pipeline.

Does this apply to the whole wheel or just on the "vehicletyres128" texture?

The Hero

Whole wheel.

Inadequate

Thanks god, I have all fixed cars by Az. :p also thanks for your hard work Hero. ;)

Nem_Wan

Clover windshield turns opaque.

EDIT: also Camper. Transparent windshield when F6'd back to PC pipeline. But it looks like it's just Fixed Vehicles that have the problem. Removed Fixed Vehicles and went back to vanilla and windshields are fine.

Edited by Nem Wan

JSBOfficial

other vehicles are too bright, 90% of the vehicles body is covered with spec. I dont know if other mods causes this.

Surya926

The Hero, can you make a gta sa ps2 dff to pc converter? i think with ps2 model, all the model bug will be fixed

BMWSauberF1.08

EDIT: also Camper. Transparent windshield when F6'd back to PC pipeline. But it looks like it's just Fixed Vehicles that have the problem. Removed Fixed Vehicles and went back to vanilla and windshields are fine.

Thanks for reporting those issues,i can fix them,it will take a few days due to the fact that i can't use my pc

The Hero

other vehicles are too bright, 90% of the vehicles body is covered with spec. I dont know if other mods causes this.

What are other vehicles? What you're describing is what broken vehicles (wrong environment and specular information) look like. Have you used fixed vehicles?

The Hero, can you make a gta sa ps2 dff to pc converter? i think with ps2 model, all the model bug will be fixed

I already have, link is in my signature (EDIT: I just noticed I only have old versions public, I will build the newest versions now). I'm planning to convert the PS2 map 1:1 to PC which will make heavy use of these converters so there will be some bug fixes as I find them (currently working on the TXDs). Note that vehicles have the collision model embedded in their DFF, but PS2 vehicles have no mesh for stencil shadows. So you can't (or shouldn't) use stencil shadows with 1:1 converted PS2 vehicles, you can use my ASI from the other thread to disable them.

Edited by The Hero

JSBOfficial

What are other vehicles? What you're describing is what broken vehicles (wrong environment and specular information) look like. Have you used fixed vehicles?

I already have, link is in my signature (EDIT: I just noticed I only have old versions public, I will build the newest versions now). I'm planning to convert the PS2 map 1:1 to PC which will make heavy use of these converters so there will be some bug fixes as I find them (currently working on the TXDs). Note that vehicles have the collision model embedded in their DFF, but PS2 vehicles have no mesh for stencil shadows. So you can't (or shouldn't) use stencil shadows with 1:1 converted PS2 vehicles, you can use my ASI from the other thread to disable them.

the police vehicle in the intro cutscene shows the same thing and no I didnt use any fixed vehicles yet.

Inadequate

Thanks for reporting those issues,i can fix them,it will take a few days due to the fact that i can't use my pc

I think the Clover works correctly with the plugin:

26zdRR6.png

The Hero

Alright, I put Dexx's old strange check back in. The environment bugs should be back to how they were in the previous version. I'm still not happy with it but as it seems to reduce noticeable bugs, I'll leave it in for now.

Please download the new version.

Edited by The Hero

BMWSauberF1.08

@inadequate Some graphich cards don't like zmodeler .dffs

@ByteCode2014

Cscopcarla92.dff don't have specular on the pc

Surya926

@The Hero: Ah, don't worry about the stencil shadow, i hate them anyway

Btw which asi plugin to disable it?

EDIT: I managed to use the original (unmodified) ps2 ide, ipl, stream ipl, and the col files without any problem, it appears some files needed by the ps2 ide/map files is missing in the GTA3.IMG and GTA_INT.IMG thats why if you just use the ps2 map files, it just crash

My game now use the original ps2 map with no problem at all! (but there is some dff is juat a dummy, thats why i need the ps2 dff to pc converter)

Edited by Surya926

Surya926

Thanks!

EDIT: BTW, can it convert the PS2 ped/skinned DFF?

EDIT2: wow, with the PS2 model, the Stuntplane and the Vortex Propeller now working properly, and the Super GT got the specular back

Edited by Surya926

The Hero

Haha, Aztecas_5 already PMed me a while back about that but I didn't take a look yet. Probably has to do with bone IDs. What's the problem exactly? Does the game crash?

JSBOfficial

@inadequate Some graphich cards don't like zmodeler .dffs

@ByteCode2014

Cscopcarla92.dff don't have specular on the pc

This is the thing i wanted to tell, http://s10.postimg.org/aulbn5o3d/bug1.png... its not really bothering me, just posting bugs i think related to the mod.