Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Hero

SkyGfx: PS2 and Xbox graphics for PC

Recommended Posts

Marsi4eg

Backface culling means that only front side of map models will be visible, if you look from the back side - it will be completely transparent (invisible). That's the default behavior on PC, but on PS2 the backface culling is disabled - means all models are visible from both sides. Some PC map models were modified by R* to look properly with backface culling enabled, such as some fence (not all), glass at Sunshine Autos, etc. PS2 Feels provide native PS2 map models that wasn't ready to use with backface culling disabled, so if you use PS2 Feels, you MUST set DisableBackfaceCulling" to 1 to make those models work properly. If you're using PC map models - you must not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HellBaron

Hello. Maybe I'aint the first to say about dynamic shadows of cutscenes in Vice City, but why disabling good graphic features? Ok restoring graphic of PS2, but if possible keep all together for a better and complete experience just as you do with Skygfx in SA. Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
George Costanza

That one was a bug with xbox rim lighting or xbox vehicle reflections and should be fixed in latest skygfx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tunnan89F
On 8/3/2018 at 6:15 PM, Marsi4eg said:

Backface culling means that only front side of map models will be visible, if you look from the back side - it will be completely transparent (invisible). That's the default behavior on PC, but on PS2 the backface culling is disabled - means all models are visible from both sides. Some PC map models were modified by R* to look properly with backface culling enabled, such as some fence (not all), glass at Sunshine Autos, etc. PS2 Feels provide native PS2 map models that wasn't ready to use with backface culling disabled, so if you use PS2 Feels, you MUST set DisableBackfaceCulling" to 1 to make those models work properly. If you're using PC map models - you must not

 

Thanks for the detailed explanation 😛 Seems like i want PS2 Feels Vice City as it mimics the ps2 version even more. Does the PS2 Feels Vice City mod include all the maps i need?

Also, seems impressive that the PS2 renders the backside of models too, instead of only the front on PC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
George Costanza
12 hours ago, Tunnan89F said:

Also, seems impressive that the PS2 renders the backside of models too, instead of only the front on PC. 

GTA3 PC has disabled backface culling too. According to The Hero backface culling gained extra FPS on PS2 since Renderware version used in SA PS2, before that, it wouldn't bring extra performance to PS2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tunnan89F
On 8/1/2018 at 1:22 PM, George Costanza said:

i think you need edited particles too http://aap.papnet.eu/gta/workshop/particle_VC.txd

replace models\particles.txd with that

 

 

Thought, where should i replace it, in the leftoverfix folder in modloader, or in the root/models?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
George Costanza

in modloader folder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tunnan89F
1 hour ago, George Costanza said:

in modloader folder.

But if i install ps2 feels vice city, it will overwrite the one you linked (its even bigger 3.2mb). What one should i install last? 

 

Also, ps2 feels vice city needs "VC Fixes", any idea what mod they mean?

 

And last, do i need the mods under 'This is the old post for postfx and ps2refl' ?

 

Thx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tunnan89F

Anyone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gts.
On 8/7/2018 at 1:58 AM, Tunnan89F said:

But if i install ps2 feels vice city, it will overwrite the one you linked (its even bigger 3.2mb). What one should i install last? 

Just give priority in modloader.

 

On 8/7/2018 at 1:58 AM, Tunnan89F said:

Also, ps2 feels vice city needs "VC Fixes", any idea what mod they mean?

The fixes from VCLF if I'm not wrong.

 

On 8/7/2018 at 1:58 AM, Tunnan89F said:

And last, do i need the mods under 'This is the old post for postfx and ps2refl' ?

No. Those are the very old versions of PS2 mods to PC, even before skygfx became a thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tunnan89F

Okej thanks now i can continue with my journey to have Vice City pc as close to PS2 as possible :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tunnan89F
Posted (edited)

After applying PS2 Feels Vice City, by replacing the existing files in the leftoverfixes folder in modloader, all textures on trees and vegatation are white?

Also, what could be the reason the intro doesnt play, i mean where the Rockstar logo appears.

Edited by Tunnan89F

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thugsworth
5 hours ago, Tunnan89F said:

After applying PS2 Feels Vice City, by replacing the existing files in the leftoverfixes folder in modloader, all textures on trees and vegatation are white?

Also, what could be the reason the intro doesnt play, i mean where the Rockstar logo appears.

Check to see any mods with the file named "particle.txd" generally, if there is two or more of them, none of the textures will apply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gts.
7 hours ago, Tunnan89F said:

After applying PS2 Feels Vice City, by replacing the existing files in the leftoverfixes folder in modloader, all textures on trees and vegatation are white?

Also, what could be the reason the intro doesnt play, i mean where the Rockstar logo appears.

You shouldn't replace PS2 feel with VCLF or vice versa, install them separately, each mod with his own folder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tunnan89F
Posted (edited)

Just that the readme says: '

Installation:
You drag and drop VC Fixes in the VCLF folder and you replace the files or you set the priority, in this case VC Fixes must have a higher priority. Same thing for PS2 Feels, or you drag and drop and you replace the files or you set the priority, in this case PS2 Feels must have a higher priority than VCLF and VC Fixes.'

 

Its two files in the download in a folder named modloader, models/text, assume both should be in their own folder? Or should i create my own?

I dont have anymore mods other then SkyGFX which is in the root/main directory. VCLF is installed in modloader and seems to work.

 

Edit: any idea why the intro videos dont show anymore? i only hear the audio.

Edited by Tunnan89F

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ellis3246

is there any way to disable grass completely

or make a limit to how much can appear

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HellBaron

Yes, setting effects to low in video options. This disables also stencil shadows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LaDiDa

Or use one of the many mods in existence to remove them without touching any other settings that low video options touches (or you know, mod your plants.dat).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tunnan89F

Should i just ceate a new folder under modloader for PS2 Feels Vice City?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Garpown
1 minute ago, LaDiDa said:

You don't, unless you can implement a superior alpha test 😉

What do you mean? Here, I have it enabled.

 

https://imgur.com/a/iiMBMfl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zanesix

@Garpown They're saying you literally cannot fix it becuase there is no feasible way to make it look better than that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Garpown
Posted (edited)
On 7/25/2015 at 12:12 AM, The Hero said:

Implemented dual pass in III and VC. Bumped both versions to 1.2 to keep the numbers in sync.

 

before:

 

  Hide contents

vc_nodual.png

 

 

after:

 

  Hide contents

vc_dual.png

 

Then howcome was this feasible?

Edit: It seems like by removing the ps2water line, backfaceculling and dualpass work properly. But now, how I do I get to keep ps2water and the rest without making them stop working?
Edit 2: Fixed it. Pasted the "ps2Water" line to the top without a description. No bugs found, infact, fixed older former bugs too.

Edited by Garpown
Updates

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tunnan89F
48 minutes ago, Garpown said:

Then howcome was this feasible?

Edit: It seems like by removing the ps2water line, backfaceculling and dualpass work properly. But now, how I do I get to keep ps2water and the rest without making them stop working?
Edit 2: Fixed it. Pasted the "ps2Water" line to the top without a description. No bugs found, infact, fixed older former bugs too.

Do you have ps2 feels vice city installed by any means?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Garpown
4 minutes ago, Tunnan89F said:

Do you have ps2 feels vice city installed by any means?

I don't. Only the CorePack. But it's fixed now anyways. I added a line to skygfx early on called "ps2water=1" with a description like the other toggles. I just removed it. Paste it on top instead and didn't add any description to it. Not only did it fix the vegetation but other issues I also encountered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tunnan89F
7 hours ago, Garpown said:

I don't. Only the CorePack. But it's fixed now anyways. I added a line to skygfx early on called "ps2water=1" with a description like the other toggles. I just removed it. Paste it on top instead and didn't add any description to it. Not only did it fix the vegetation but other issues I also encountered.

Hm i remember also adding that line but not on top. Where do you mean on top, all the way up in the file?

 

I think the mods are great, just the instructions arent, skygfx works but most other mods you have to find out yourself or ask others. 

 

Vclf is missing a updated particle.txd, if you look 1 or 2 pages back here theres someone suggesting a new to give better ps2 water (1mb particle file).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Hero

I added the link to my particle.txd to the top post now. It was all linked in my workshop but since we no longer have signatures it's hard to find my other mods.

I made a list here: http://gta.rockstarvision.com/modindex.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tunnan89F
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, The Hero said:

I added the link to my particle.txd to the top post now. It was all linked in my workshop but since we no longer have signatures it's hard to find my other mods.

I made a list here: http://gta.rockstarvision.com/modindex.html

 

Thanks!

What do you prefer to use, xbox or ps2 map for VC? Should the new map be installed over the leftoverfixes mod in modloader?

Also how do i install PS2_vehicles for example?

 

edit: if i follow the instructions for the PS2 map, the game crashes on half-way load.

Edited by Tunnan89F

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Hero

I'm just using the default PC maps on III and VC these ydays. I've had issues with the VC PS2 and Xbox map as well. Still don't know what that's all about.

Since I don't use leftoverfixes or modloader I can't help you with that. The half-way crash is probably caused by an overflow of the special object directory. Make sure you don't have too many unused dffs in your cdimages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • 11 Users Currently Viewing
    4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests

    • B_Smiles
    • Marsi4eg
    • MB7783
    • Davve95
×

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.