1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Anyone think this will get a 10th Anniversary Remake?

Ma-mothers-Ma-Sister

Ma-mothers-Ma-Sister

We all know that it was exclusive to sony and that it only came out on PSP and ps2, but does anyone think it will get brought to the phones next year? maybe the sony deal was for about 5 years or something limited..id like to play this again on my windows phone.

but i get a feeling it wasn't big enough of a success for r* to remake

Hopefully it comes out on PC, as unlikely as that sounds.

The Stories games sold well. 8 Million for LCS alone between its two versions

Granted these games sold less than the main 3D games, but this is because III, VC, and SA came out on a larger variety of platforms. LCS and VCS even to this day have stayed exclusive to Sony's ecosystem. I have no idea if they plan on remaking them, but there's probably money to be made with the mobile ports.

I think the more interesting questions is will LCS and VCS ever get a new console or PC port. Right now the best way to play either game is on PCSX2 for PC, but we can all can probably admit that upscaling those games to 1080p is not the same as the games rendered at 1080p. That and the games still have their PS2 performance compared to the PC titles which can hit 60 fps, have longer draw distances, increased traffic density, and even coronas for lights being visible past 10 or 20 feet.

Edited by Foffy

The Stories games sold well. 8 Million for LCS alone between its two versions

Actually, there's three versions of LCS and VCS out right now-there is the PSP version, PS2 version, and the PS3 version that is available through the Playstation store. :p

But, would be good to release the stories games on additional platforms like PC, but it is unlikely, unfortunately.

I've smashed cars out of the way a few times where they went a good 50 yards away. Sometimes the force is so powerful in my H/DP/EC Sentinel in LCS that it drives UNDERNEATH a Vehicle. Nothing stops a Heavy Vehicle. In LCS, there is even a H Fire Truck. The heaviest Vehicle in any GTA Game to date. Much heavier than a boring Rhino Tank...

@HeroBrine007, I wouldn't worry what the guy has to say. He's not a Collector, thus he doesn't understand. He's never actually checked these Vehicles out or experienced them for himself, only through a Youtube video which doesn't do justice. This is why he and a couple other people always say "you said this a million times in other topics, blah, blah, blah..." The point is, I don't give a f*ck how many times I've said it already and how many times I will continue to say it. I am a Collector, it's my hobby in GTA, if you don't like it or don't wan tto do it, then f*ck off...That simple...

I always notice that. If someone is a Collector, I get a long quite easily with them. When someone knows dick about it, those people are the ones saying I talk about it too much. Usually when a human likes something, they talk about it. Common sense. I talk about what I like...

Edited by Militia
  • Like 2

When this game was released, I didn't give a sh*t about it. In fact, I was having so much fun with III, VC and SA that buying another GTA was irrelevant to me. In 2007, I found a wallet on the street with 250 € and a credit card in it. Instead of keeping it for me, I brought it back to its owner (whose name was written on the card) and he gave 20 € (and + 50 on my honor level :lol: ) as a reward for my good deed. So, I ran to a game shop and bought L.C.S., because it was the only seemingly appealing game I could afford.

I guess it was a karmic reward, because I've instantly loved the game ! It's one of my favorite 3D era GTA, I love almost everything in it, from the storyline to the gameplay. The only thing that could have really enhanced the experience would have been the introduction of choppers (I know you can steal one in two missions, but I'd have much preferred "legit" choppers obtainable whenever we want). So I'd love a 10th year anniversary remake, this highly underrated GTA totally deserve it.

By the way, yes it's true that Militia mention a lot his collecting hobby, but we're all the same ; we love to talk about what we like. And I much prefer reading someone who keep writing about what he likes, rather than reading someone who keep whining about what he hates. An insane amount of people here only exist through their complaints, it's almost depressing to read all their negativity. Even if I've never collected proof vehicle, I much prefer to read someone like Militia, than a member who'll only post "GTA V sucks because ... and cuz ... Cockstar Lame etc ..." stuffs.

Edited by Kalerney
  • Like 3

LCS for iOS & Android was confirmed rumored about a year ago. http://portablegamingregion.com/news/exclusive-war-drum-working-gta-liberty-city-stories-mobile-ios-android/

I don't have any interest in mobile gaming but there goes the relevant information. What I would enjoy is a PC port, but that's most likely not gonna happen. Probably my second favorite GTA right after GTA III.

I've smashed cars out of the way a few times where they went a good 50 yards away. Sometimes the force is so powerful in my H/DP/EC Sentinel in LCS that it drives UNDERNEATH a Vehicle. Nothing stops a Heavy Vehicle. In LCS, there is even a H Fire Truck. The heaviest Vehicle in any GTA Game to date. Much heavier than a boring Rhino Tank...

@HeroBrine007, I wouldn't worry what the guy has to say. He's not a Collector, thus he doesn't understand. He's never actually checked these Vehicles out or experienced them for himself, only through a Youtube video which doesn't do justice. This is why he and a couple other people always say "you said this a million times in other topics, blah, blah, blah..." The point is, I don't give a f*ck how many times I've said it already and how many times I will continue to say it. I am a Collector, it's my hobby in GTA, if you don't like it or don't wan tto do it, then f*ck off...That simple...

I always notice that. If someone is a Collector, I get a long quite easily with them. When someone knows dick about it, those people are the ones saying I talk about it too much. Usually when a human likes something, they talk about it. Common sense. I talk about what I like...

You're an informative poster so don't take this as an insult. You kinda sound like you're being a little cocky here. Just because you know a lot about this part of the game doesn't mean others can't be disinterested. It isn't a competition lmao.
  • Like 1

You're an informative poster so don't take this as an insult. You kinda sound like you're being a little cocky here. Just because you know a lot about this part of the game doesn't mean others can't be disinterested. It isn't a competition lmao.

This.

If you collect virtual cars, that's fine. But there's no reason to get all high and mighty about it. "I collect BP/FP/HIV Vehicles that just sit around in my garage" sure, just don't shove it in our faces just because you like it.

But yeah, I'm all for getting a 10th anniversary redo of it, but my concern is how many songs they'll cut from the soundtrack, or even if they'll cut any to begin with.