1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Cars on new gen are slower!

Chaotic Shrapnel

Chaotic Shrapnel

This video from Broughty1322 explains this in detail and uses video evidence to support his facts.

To explain in layman's terms, the overall top speed has been decreased and the top acceleration has also been slowed down on the new gen. Old gen is the standard since its been around so long and he has done testing numerous times. You'd think new gen would be faster huh?

Edit: I also take no credit for this information, if you like learning about this go subscribe to Broughy. He does very in-depth videos around gta vehicles.

Edited by Chaotic Shrapnel

I was just about to post about this, what a f*cking disappointment.. as if cars weren't slow enough to begin with.

• Like 4

Heh just posted this elsewhere.

Yeah that's about 3% slower. I guess they have to slow the cars down a bit in order to render the new foliage in time?

Chaotic Shrapnel

I was just about to post about this, what a f*cking disappointment.. as if cars weren't slow enough to begin with.

I totally agree, the reason we had the speed cap was because of console limitations, but now they are slower?

The only reason I cant think that Rockstar did this is because they want to make driving feel more comfortable, but if anything leave them the same as last gen because we are used to driving at that speed.

• Like 1

Maybe he should of tried it in a race by himself. On next gen race he's in 1st out of 6 so of course he'd go slower with catch-up, In the old gen he's in 4th out of 13 so he'd be going faster...

GTA Forums User99521

Maybe he should of tried it in a race by himself. On next gen race he's in 1st out of 6 so of course he'd go slower with catch-up, In the old gen he's in 4th out of 13 so he'd be going faster...

He doesn't use Catch up
  • Like 7

Chaotic Shrapnel

He has a video from several months ago where he states that he only uses specific settings in races, catch-up is one of those settings that is always disabled.

• Like 1

Catch up and slip stream are both off.

• Like 2

I totally agree, the reason we had the speed cap was because of console limitations, but now they are slower?

The only reason I cant think that Rockstar did this is because they want to make driving feel more comfortable, but if anything leave them the same as last gen because we are used to driving at that speed.

Could be to make us feel like there isn't any pop-in. I wouldn't be surprised if the pop-ins would be just as bad, the stock HDDs on both the Xbone and PS4 are just as fast (or slow) as the last-gen stock HDDs (5400 RPM), they could even be worse due to the higher detailed foliage and props. Still a sore disappointment, 240 km/h is Corolla top speed.

Edited by frankenstein107

Chaotic Shrapnel

Could be to make us feel like there isn't any pop-in. I wouldn't be surprised if the pop-ins would be just as bad, the stock HDDs on both the Xbone and PS4 are just as fast (or slow) as the last-gen stock HDDs (5400 RPM), they could even be worse due to the higher detailed foliage and props.

Most likely, especially if you consider the new rendering difference is not only rendering a longer distance, but its rendering twice as much foliage and/ or props in that longer distance. I personally haven't testing the driving yet since my ps4 is going to be bought on black Friday, but I am already a bit disappointed from this news alone.

Oh no a whole 5 seconds slower a lap??? Oh the humanity

People pick the stupidest sh*t to whine about

• Like 7

So maybe it wasn't console limitations..... In SP mode you can go much faster with no pop-in.......... so maybe it was R* servers and internet speed all along!

• Like 3

Agreed these things are all minute, and we wouldn't even be discussing them if people hadn't been telling us for the last few months that we need to upgrade to get all these fantastic perks. I think "faster cars" was near the top of the list of reasons why new gen GTAV was worth another 60 bucks.

• Like 3

I was thinking it was my imagination. I find the cars seem to accelerate about the same to about 90mph and then just sit there going no faster. Even in a super.

I was thinking it was my imagination. I find the cars seem to accelerate about the same to about 90mph and then just sit there going no faster. Even in a super.

But the flowers sure are pretty so people should be thankful they're going slow enough to see them.

• Like 10

Chaotic Shrapnel

But the flowers sure are pretty so people should be thankful they're going slow enough to see them.

Thank you Rockstar for making me appreciate all the "hard" work you have done with those pretty little pixels that resemble flowers. God bless you Rockstar, God bless you!!

• Like 2

Well I'm pulling off the same stunts as before, so bikes are definitely no slower.

Chaotic Shrapnel

Well I'm pulling off the same stunts as before, so bikes are definitely no slower.

Bikes are also affected in this, the fact that you are hitting the same stunts may be another factor completely.

Bikes are also affected in this, the fact that you are hitting the same stunts may be another factor completely.

I'm specifically talking about stunts that require the bike to go at top speed, or you simply cannot do them. If there is a change then it's so minuscule that it doesn't actually affect anything (with bikes, at least).

gorskiegangsta

Yep. It appears that acceleration has been nerfed across the board. I wonder if it is in order to incorporate the FP mode, or is an unintentional bug. OR, did Rockstar intentionally do this in order to un-nerf it later and give latecomers a fighting chance at world records?

Heh just posted this elsewhere.

Yeah that's about 3% slower. I guess they have to slow the cars down a bit in order to render the new foliage in time?

I doubt that's the reason considering the new gen hardware has over 6x more computational power and over 16x the memory of much lower latency.

Edited by gorskiegangsta

I'm specifically talking about stunts that require the bike to go at top speed, or you simply cannot do them. If there is a change then it's so minuscule that it doesn't actually affect anything (with bikes, at least).

It's around 3% so for anything but direct comparisons between lap times on last gen and latest gen the difference is almost unnoticeable..

ExtremeTorque

So that meams on ps5 cars will have a speed cap of 100 mph so we can render flowers and mountains at 4k resolution?lol

This generation of consoles hasnt made a huge impression yet.Feels like dumping your iphone 5 to get an iphone 5s.

Anyway,racing will be a little easier now for everyone.

hehe I thought you would care about lap times since you watch a stupid joke of a motorsport that emphasizes speed

• Like 2

8 to 10 seconds out of 5 minutes in something so ridiculously unprecise as race, is this really a problem?

Edited by hyperar

8 to 10 seconds out of 5 minutes in something so ridiculously unprecise as race, is this really a problem?

That's not the problem per se. It's that they still don't go as fast as they're supposed to. The Adder should go as fast as 400 km/h, or at least faster than 240.

Is it really slower? or do the next gen machines actually have the frame rate loss or non loss where it's supposed to be?, so the cars are actually how they are supposed to be now...

Sorry for the bad grammar. I couldn't ask that with proper grammar and have it sound like I wanted.