4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Alpha Demigod

GTAV PS4/XB1 Q&A thread

Question

Alpha Demigod

This is a Q&A thread for next gen versions.

For people who don't have the game, or don't have PS4/XB1 can ask "so in the PS4 version does this happen?" or "how does _______ feel in the NG version?"

Edited by ~Tiger~

esato

The special cars still infinitely accessible by the characters garage? Like the Elegy RH8?

BLOOD

I have seen pics of the FOV slider and DOF setting but how great do they make a differences in First-Person? Is it like this?:http://m.imgur.com/a/DrIdt

MrWuggy

I have seen pics of the FOV slider and DOF setting but how great do they make a differences in First-Person? Is it like this?:http://m.imgur.com/a/DrIdt

Yes, quite a contrast. Just adjusted it now.

Jimmarn

dIUFtKd.png

I quickly did this to let you see the differences a bit better, the images are a bit cropped from the ones you posted, but the difference should be pretty spot on nevertheless. I'm not 100% sure the other image is maxed out, but I think I remember it was.

Is it possible to limit the number of 3rd person views, so that the change view button just toggles between 1st and 3rd person? Rather than cycling around the 4 views?

I didn't think it was possible, but I read a post from someone who said it was and I can't find any feature like this.

Jon

Under Settings and Display you have to turn on Independent camera modes.

Does "First Person On Foot Field Of View" slider affect FOV in vehicles? The name of the setting suggests that a wider FOV only applies while "on foot," and therefore reverts to default once you enter a vehicle. However, judging by videos/streams I've watched with FOV set to max, this doesn't seem to be the case. Can anyone who's played the game tell me if we actually get a wide POV while driving?

The FOV slider does not change FOV inside cars, the FOV in vehicles seems to be fixed. I'd wish it had a separate slider that made me able to adjust it, but sadly I haven't found any.

When you play on PS4 and turn the DS4 speakers off, does the police chat come out of your headset/speakers?

Yes, however I prefer it on the DS4, it's neat.

Anyone know if you are able to turn off the touchpad for weapon selection?

The touchpad is a replacement of the select button, Pressing it down(clicking) and holding it, opens the sub-menu thingy. I don't use it for weapon selection, the button works just fine, I only use it sliding my finger up to toss grenades. If you don't use it, you probably won't be bothered with it, it's not noticable and isn't in the way in any form. Atleast for me.

Is it possible to stop the DS4 from playing the police and phone chatter and route it through my headphones instead? Using astro A50s if that makes a difference.

Thanks

Yes, look up in audio options.

Does GTA on PS4 support mouse and keyboard?

Good question, I will test it tonight when I'm done working.
I doubt it though.

Thanks for answering my questions, Blade.

Is there a way to leave your car headlights on when you exit the vehicle?

Do the animals hunt each other similar to Far Cry 3 or was the scene in the first next gen trailer just a cutscene?

I have tried to do so, I can't say I've found a way yet, sadly. But hopefully there's a trick for it. I wanted to do a photo with my car on showing the Neon. Needs to be in.

second: I'm not sure, I haven't noticed yet. Dogs seem to follow each other at times though.

Didn't see this asked yet. Is the Xbox 1 version one Disc this time, or is there still a Install Disc like the 360?

Yes, XB1 uses Blu-ray too now, so I see no reason for it to use multiple discs when the PS4 doesn't.

Not sure if this is asked already, but how does underwater first person look and feel?

Are there visibly more animals? Is aquatic life density more evident now? Or is it still one fish every half mile away?

Have you tried the Kraken sub? How does it handle?

A. Underwater looks and feels better, It's beautiful, the particles, everything. I like it.

B. Yes, there seems to be more animal encounters than usual - but I haven't met any sharks just yet. Not that I've been looking for them.

C. I haven't tried it yet.

Edited by Jimmarn

Eram

I'm sure glad that this thread is pinned. It was truly needed.

A lot of new threads are poping up like mushrooms. most just asking simple questions or copycats of already existing ones, not really thread worthy imo.

otomochaser

Does anyone know anything about the new stat for Trevor on the Social Club page? It lists 'Peyote plants' now (alongside Monkey Mosaics and Wildlife Photography).

I'm wondering if this means:

A) A new kind of collectible.

B) A new minigame? Perhaps along the lines of the mission where you kill Clowns.

C) A new way of getting high at his safehouse that doesn't involve passing out like when you huff gasoline?

Anybody know what it is, please?

the.metal

Just 1 question, maybe is too early to know that but...

Is there jetpack???

Payne Killer

How much better is gun customization?

MidworldDrifter

1. How improved are the damage effects? (Gore, Vehicle damage etc.)

2. Do the forests feel more isolated and "out there"?

3. How Improved is the A.I.? Do NPC's limp when shot in the leg or crawl away like in RDR?

Danny-Vain

Is there more trees in the forest?

NEEGOLAZ

what are the new species of animals

cp1dell

1. How improved are the damage effects? (Gore, Vehicle damage etc.)

This is what I am wondering as well.

Like I mentioned in another thread, I keep hearing different things. All I want are some pictures of NPCs shot with different weapons in the head, and NPCs shot with different weapons in other body parts - or just some concrete answer and pictures that explain whether or not the bullet wounds are improved. There are three outcomes here:

A. The bullet wounds are just improved wounds from the PS3/360 game; higher-res, painted textures on NPCs.

B. The bullet wounds are similar to Red Dead Redemption; 3D wounds in the head, painted textures everywhere else.

C. The bullet wounds are similar to Max Payne 3; 3D wounds everywhere with the size depending on what weapon was used, with a 2D "bleed" texture surrounding the 3D wound.

YESYESYES

Did the snapmatic's storage capacity go up or did it stayed the same?

Pifko

I want to know what happens if you stab at any of the new passive sea creatures. Do they flee or will they use your body as ping pong ball? Will the dolphins slap you to death? Will the whale eat you and blow you through it's air hole? Etcetera...

vladspartan

i have a request if is alowed

how about someone put for download the new songs for gta v ps4/xbone?

i really love it and a lot people too.

thanks

put on mediafire or other site that is easy to download or maybe torrent too.

just the new songs. u will be our hero if do that. think about someone.

thanks again

GtaFanatik

It's psn maintenance finished?

HappyFarmerKit

I want to know what happens if you stab at any of the new passive sea creatures. Do they flee or will they use your body as ping pong ball? Will the dolphins slap you to death? Will the whale eat you and blow you through it's air hole? Etcetera...

None of the sea creatures fight back or anything from what I've seen. If you stab one, they just keep swimming around. It also seems that the hammerheads don't attack and kill you at all like those other sharks do. One guy was swimming with a whole group of hammerheads for a bit, and they just acted like he wasn't even there.

RJX74

Any new haircuts for the trio?

BatsOnMyArm

I went digital on my ps4. Will i have to download an update? Or was that already included in yesterday's download? Only1hr left

Squidgyone

How do I turn off the police/phone chat through the controller and put it through my headphones?

NintendoFanboy

Does it come with a paper map like last generation?

Officer Ronson

Did the fix the problem with voices as in an NPC would load an incorrect voice file and speak like a woman if it was a guy or a person from a different proffession/lifestyle?

Arm_kln

Will you need to have played GTA V on ps3/xbox 360 to be able to get the dodo seaplane, Marshall, new blimp, etc.?

GrangerFX

How do we get the old style first person mode while driving? All the bits of the car are blocking the view. Tinted windows make it impossible to see anything out the sides. I have tried everything I can think of but I can't find a button or setting to do it.

YoLoSwaGMaAN

are there more NPC and how is thier reactions and movemenets

Prepared87

Does it come with a paper map like last generation?

Yes! :)

are there more NPC and how is thier reactions and movemenets

There are new pedestrian skins and actions across the whole map. There is also apparently new ones to talk to (like the Jesus guy, the old actress, the halo rip off guy etc..) but I haven't seen any yet.

BLOOD

@MrWuggy @Jimmarn

thanks guys that answered my question ;) (well i guess if i buy the game for the PS4 i am going to max out the FOV slider :))...and yeah the top one was the maxed out pic and the one below is the minimum one you used but once thanks ;)

Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond

kaya4195

Hey What are the wild animals wolf bears

N__Stelio992

Just fully installed on the PS4, can barely play it because it keeps on lagging like I'm playing on a terrible Internet connection and the cut scenes are barely rendered.

Is this because I'm playing whilst the Title Update is being downloaded? Any suggestions?

Daltonotlad

I'm looking for people to play with and can't seem to find any LFG forums for Xbox one. Anyone have anything I'm clearly not seeing?

Gt: I'm I3aked I3ro

(Use capital I's, not lowercase L's)