Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,694 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

lpgunit

Lpgunit's Workshop

lpgunit

x1hafc.png

Well, since Universetwisters and a few others have been doing their own workshop topics, I decided to join in and come up with my own. This one's mostly where I post my upcoming, private, personal or backlogged mods, and perhaps a few teasers in case I come up with something, as well as most of my other previously-released works.

Releases:

Carcols Tool .NET

ne6dsj.png

'Tis basically a rather simple experiment I did in Visual Basic out of boredom. Requires the .NET 4 runtimes, and may work on Mono or some other equivalent .NET framework.

Kit's Homemade Scooter

Every morning, every evening, ain't we got fun...

GTA3 10th Anniversary UI

'Tis a simple UI retexture, which I made to (somewhat) match the ones found on the 10th Anniversary mobile port.

ZTE Blade

Yet another one of them smartphones I cobbled up back in 2011. From what I heard the Blade was a staple of lulz in the XDA forums, as it was inexpensive yet feature-rich at the same time, not to mention that unlocking it was rather trivial.

Download for IV
Download for TBOGT

BLU Studio 5.0 II

2pqtank.png

This one's partly a request from a friend of mine who happened to own one. In case you don't know, Blu's an electronics firm based in Florida, and they've been making low-cost Android and Windows phones which has been a hit with the Latino market from what I gathered. Most of them run on either Mediatek like this one, or in the case of Windows, Qualcomm Snapdragons.

Upcoming/Backlogged Mods:

So far I have a couple mods on my backlog, some for The Sims, and at least two for GTA. They're mostly custom models, not too complex like what the other guys do, but they're decent enough.

2013 iMac

j16m4k.png

I know this one's for TS3, but I did plan on making it as a prop for either SA or GTA IV. If anyone wants to I might replace the default Apple logo with Fruit's to match the one in GTA V. :D

Vertu Aster

2hrzygl.png

Basically the world's most expensive KitKat ever. Some cringe over the price, but compared to Vertu's earlier Android devices, this one's a tad more capable. I'll release this for IV and most especially V once the toolset for the latter has been released.

I'll post some more mods soon, but for now these will do. :D

Edited by lpgunit

universetwisters

Nice to see you here with your workshop! Best of luck, amigo, always love seeing what you've got.

PS - I never thought your name was LPG-Unit. I always thought it was "ipgunit" :S

lpgunit

Nice to see you here with your workshop! Best of luck, amigo, always love seeing what you've got.

PS - I never thought your name was LPG-Unit. I always thought it was "ipgunit" :S

LOL a few other users misspell my username as well, but I don't mind much. It's actually a play on the rap group G-Unit, with the LPG part being a reference to propane or liquefied petroleum gas.

universetwisters

LOL a few other users misspell my username as well, but I don't mind much. It's actually a play on the rap group G-Unit, with the LPG part being a reference to propane or liquefied petroleum gas.

Well that's a smart bit of wordplay you got :beerhat:

lpgunit

Gee, thanks mate. :D I plan on posting a few other mods, but atm I seem to be procrastinating and/or moonlighting with some other ventures, i.e. the Sims or some other game I'm interested in.

universetwisters

Gee, thanks mate. :D I plan on posting a few other mods, but atm I seem to be procrastinating and/or moonlighting with some other ventures, i.e. the Sims or some other game I'm interested in.

Damn that procrastination! But yeah, hope to see some new stuff you bring to the proverbial table.

lpgunit

Damn that procrastination! But yeah, hope to see some new stuff you bring to the proverbial table.

True, 'tis a bane especially when you really do intend to come up with something, only to end up having next to no motivation. :/

universetwisters

True, 'tis a bane especially when you really do intend to come up with something, only to end up having next to no motivation. :/

It's pretty easy for me to come up with stuff, mostly because the stuff I make I've seen in real life. Maybe you can make a model of your phone or remake some sim-esque stuff for GTA? I dunno. I remember when I was younger, I had a thought in the back of my head for a GTA/Sims cross, but I know it won't fly here because, you know, non Rockstar conversion.

Hopefully you come up with something though, you've got some pretty neat stuff thus far.

lpgunit

As a matter of fact, the Lenovo's currently my personal phone. I bought it back in May partly so I can mod SA Mobile, but that more or less fell through as there's simply not enough RAM to run it.

Most of my peds are non-R* conversions, so I dunno if I should release it here. I did, however, hacked and/or edited them to suit my own needs, like the Kittredge ped model I used in the YouTube video. It was originally a Francesca model from Mafia II, with the hair and cloche hat taken from IV and textures shooped to better resemble Kit's dress. I can post pics and/or renders if anyone's interested.

Jinx.

Wow, those mods look good. :D

Great job and keep it up. :)

lpgunit

Wow, those mods look good. :D

Great job and keep it up. :)

Thanks dude, much appreciated.

universetwisters

I got an idea for something you could do, sorta like a homemade pipe bomb or sticky bomb using some old cell phone. That should be interesting, just a thought :D

sJmRW.jpg

lpgunit

Hmm. Problem is the 3310 would be left unscathed lol.

I'm thinking about doing vehicles, but while I can just get away with editing existing SA cars I'd like to do a car from scratch; I still need to practise on my 3DS Max skills, unfortunately.

Sentrion

Pretty decent workshop you've got there LPGUnit. The Lenovo looks great. Wouldn't mind seeing an ASUS Nexus 7. The GTA III menu looks good as well. Reminds me of the PS2 hud.

lpgunit

Pretty decent workshop you've got there LPGUnit. The Lenovo looks great. Wouldn't mind seeing an ASUS Nexus 7. The GTA III menu looks good as well. Reminds me of the PS2 hud.

That would likely be used as a melee weapon, or perhaps a replacement for Niko's laptop in IV, but let's see. ;)

Sentrion

That would likely be used as a melee weapon, or perhaps a replacement for Niko's laptop in IV, but let's see. ;)

Replacing the laptop with a Tablet phone would be easier. Wouldn't it?

lpgunit

Replacing the laptop with a Tablet phone would be easier. Wouldn't it?

Likely so, well since you're only going to change the model and apply whatever shaders it has to it.

lpgunit

There, after weeks of procrastinating and doing some random sh*t, I finally uploaded the Blu mod I made several months ago. :D

war55

i request kittredge and samantha parkington player mod

Edited by war55

PhillBellic

This is a nice collection of mods, LPGunit. :)

lpgunit

I made a Samantha for SA before, but let me see if I still have her in my archives.

lpgunit

I know this one's for the Sims 3, but I'll either port this for a future ped, or release this in source form in case some of you guys need one:

pnJ3v7l.png

PhillBellic

Remaking your Avatar are you, Lpgunit? This looks very intriguing. :)

lpgunit

Remaking your Avatar are you, Lpgunit? This looks very intriguing. :)

The hair's for an unrelated Sims 3 mod, though I do plan to improve on my Kit ped some time.

And I can tell you that while recreating Peggy Montgomery's hair in 3DS Max is more or less a walk in the park to do, getting it to render properly in The Sims 3 isn't. It's just like in SA where you can expect fringe artifacts and whatnot. :/

Edited by lpgunit

lpgunit

It's been a while since I posted anything here on the Workshop, so here goes. I know someone else did this before, but by the time I found out about it, I was in the middle of getting my version to load up properly in GTA V:

5LWlQg4.jpg

DP7nmvE.jpg

JwmRMdh.jpg

t7tlans.jpg

I2MJ4N2.jpg

While danimeza00's version had real-world celebrities engraved on the stars, mine's a more composite (and somewhat humorous) take on the WoF, with prominent YouTubers like Linus Sebastian, along with a few content creators whom I know and had a chat with e.g. AGOverseasFan, and people whom I think should have a star IRL, like Diana Serra Cary aka Baby Peggy.

lpgunit

Sorry for the triple-post, but I've been thinking about converting GTA IV/V models to The Sims 3 to pass the time. Any suggestions on what I should convert? It'll be a bit of a PITA though given the amount of work needed (UV mapping, rigging, etc.) but I can manage.

Oh and I've been kitbashing a Thunderbolt model from Mafia II into a Nash Metropolitan (or so I hope):

8gjjdBE.png

Edited by lpgunit

universetwisters

Just port Sims vehicles to GTA, problem solved.

lpgunit

Just port Sims vehicles to GTA, problem solved.

How's the Metropolitan mod I made though?

universetwisters

I've never been too fond of Nash as a company, but it's nice to see Kitbashing is still relevant.

lpgunit

I've never been too fond of Nash as a company, but it's nice to see Kitbashing is still relevant.

Indeed. It doesn't help that I am struggling to line things up to the blueprints I have for the car, but I'll try my best. 'Sides, I do need to hone my 3D modeling skills anyway, though it'll be more than golden if I finish a car model completely from scratch rather than as a hackjob from some game.