2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Dewitos Anyone?

Ai®a©ob®a

Have you ever though what it would be like to have a Cheesy Doritos + Mt Dew flavored drink?

Now here's your chance? Nope i'm not kidding Pepsi has actually confirmed that they are experimenting with this.

DFHcrg3.jpg

The day Doritos and Mountain Dew fans (well, maybe a few, at least) have long hoped for has finally arrived.

It may seem like an strange combination, but PepsiCo has confirmed a report — which first surfaced on Reddit — that it is experimenting with a new Mountain Dew flavor that incorporates the nacho cheese-flavored chip.

The result? Dewitos.

In a statement provided to USA TODAY Network and other news organizations, a Mountain Dew spokesperson said: "We are always testing out new flavors of Mountain Dew, and giving our fans a voice in helping decide on the next new product has always been important to us. We opened up the DEW flavor vault and gave students a chance to try this Doritos-inspired flavor as part of a small program at colleges and universities."

No indications yet of when, or whether, Dewitos will actually be available in stores.

And how does it taste? Here's the verdict from the Reddit user (a Kent State freshman whose real name is Steve Barnes, according to The Atlantic) who broke the news: "It honestly wasn't that disgusting."

Special Members

Yeah, I saw that. I tough it was some sick joke. I like Doritos. And I like Mt Dew.

But damn. Doritos in liquid form? Nasty.

• Like 1

People just keep coming up with more reasons for me to despise the human race.

kT8ve9H.png

The Harwood Bitcher

It's the dumb thread or the disgusting idea of "dewritos" that pisses you off ?

if mixing Doritos and MT.Dew together makes you "despise the human race" then i feel sorry for you. as people do far more outrageous things in life. this is nothing, learn to adapt.

Edited by Majestic81

I love doritos and MTN Dew. They all end up in the same place anyways, so why not?!

ppNaW16.png

It's the dumb thread or the disgusting idea of "dewritos" that pisses you off ?

Now that you mention it, both.

if mixing Doritos and MT.Dew together makes you "despise the human race" then i feel sorry for you. as people do far more outrageous things in life. this is nothing, learn to adapt.

I didn't say it was the only reason, just another reason.

But this is well up there.

I love doritos and MTN Dew. They all end up in the same place anyways, so why not?!

Well if you are going by that logic, throw some chocolate in there as well, and a can of soup. Why not just blend up all your meals, drink it all at once and never taste anything again for the rest of your life? f*ck it, throw some bat guano in there as well.

I get that some odd things are supposed to be good together, but that is not the point. The point is things already taste good on their own without some asshole tv chef saying let's have a chicken stuffed with ice cream.

It is breaking the unwritten rules of food and I refuse to be a part of it.

People are so f*cking impatient and braindead, it is something you would do as a kid because you are a stupid f*ck and think just because both things are good they would be good together, but they aren't, they offer vastly different tastes for different times.

All this bullsh*t is about, is always, marketing, and creating a shock product, much like blue colored monster munch, in order to get a trial product out to sell in a quick burst and then instantly drop it to create the next gimmick, which is how it goes. They don't f*cking plan on selling this sh*t as a main product of theirs, it is all a marketing scam.

As George Carlin once said, if you find two things that aint been put together before and make it. Some schmuck will buy it.

Edited by Daz
  • Like 3
kT8ve9H.png

f*ck it, throw some bat guano in there as well.

Well now that's just being ridiculous!

• Like 2

ppNaW16.png

universetwisters

..We opened up the DEW flavor vault and gave students a chance to try this Doritos-inspired flavor as part of a small program at colleges and universities...

The minute I read that, I thought it said "colleges and universetwisters", to which I thought "f*ck NO. I don't want a cheese flavored soda anywhere within 30 feet of me. I would rather burn myself alive".

On that note, you know how whenever you get really bad cheese, there's always some sort of liquid in the packaging? That's what I'm thinking this "soda" actually is. There's just some things that shouldn't be mixed.

• Like 3

Whatever drugs those guys at Pepsi were taking....where could I find some? :)

• Like 3

Duality Scarlet

Whatever drugs those guys at Pepsi were taking....where could I find some? :)

At Zaibatsu hehe!

Seriously, that is disgusting.

Edited by Duality Scarlet

Has anyone actually tried this or are we all just trying to be edgy & witty about it?

• Like 2

Has anyone actually tried this or are we all just trying to be edgy & witty about it?

What's there to be edgy and witty about? That crap looks disgusting.

It's a sh*t ton of sugar, carbonated water & artificial flavoring... Where exactly is this so much more disgusting than the 8 million flavors of coca-cola out there?

Quite frankly I don't give a damn if this tastes like God's glory or not, I'm just amused so many people aboard the hate train. In particular, people who then claim not to be judgemental elsewhere.

LightningLord

I like Doritos. I like Mountain Dew. But have them both together? No thanks. Using that logic means a company can do this:

"Hey guys! People eat Hot Wings with Coca-Cola! Let's put them together!"

Ugh. I guess in the meantime, I can run to 7-11 and buy some Mountain Dew and some Doritos and mix them up at home.

IcOqQpq.gif

universetwisters

Quite frankly I don't give a damn if this tastes like God's glory or not, I'm just amused so many people aboard the hate train. In particular, people who then claim not to be judgemental elsewhere.

It's more a matter of taste. I'll admit, I've never had it before, but the premise of a cheese flavored soda sounds pretty unappealing.

• Like 2

It's a sh*t ton of sugar, carbonated water & artificial flavoring... Where exactly is this so much more disgusting than the 8 million flavors of coca-cola out there?

I know, right? Cheese flavoured soda doesn't tickle anyone's fancy. It's crazy.

jqmqKlq.gif

1: Every other version of coke out there aside from regular and maybe cherry coke, needs to f*ck the hell off the planet.

2: Even if for some strange reason it tasted good and I tried it and I thought it was good, it is still wrong and it is a crime against humanity.

A line has been crossed.

kT8ve9H.png

Regular coke is refreshing, this sh*t doesn't look refreshing in the slightest bit. There's the difference.

I Love Anna Kournikova

This looks amazing.....

Honestly though, I know everyone will at least try it.

Right? Am I right?

R2ZHo4B.png

SF Giants 2010 - 2012 - 2014 World Series Champs

make total destroy

Probably goes really good with some cheap vodka.

• Like 1

yqwcbDf.png