2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Should I get GTA V for both Xbox One and PC?

Russi4nW4rrior

Russi4nW4rrior

Someone help me decide. Its to difficult to wait another 2 months and I can't decide. I will for sure be getting it on PC but im not sure about my Xbox One. If I did get it I wouldn't even transfer my existing character to Xbox One I would do that for the PC version. Also I want to save the campaign for the PC version to. So pretty much I would start a new character for Online and not even play the campaign on Xbox One. So is it worth it just to play it for 2 months? I really would appreciate your opinion everybody. Also give me reasons not to get it on Xbox and just wait. And for a reason don't say the obvious ones like PC has mods or its only 1080p 30fps on Xbox One etc... you get what i mean.

Edited by Russi4nW4rrior

Hell freaking no. If you have friends that are on one platform and not the other, and you absolutely have to play with them, get it on that platform.

Otherwise, be patient and wait for the objectively better version.

• Like 3

Russi4nW4rrior

Bu... bu... but its to lonnnnnng :'(. (read it with an im about to cry histerically voice)

Edited by Russi4nW4rrior

It isn't worth it at all, in my opinion, if you're not going to play the storyline, which is quite a significant part of the game. In the end, you'd end up paying two copies of the same game, and not play one of them thoroughly. The best course of action would be to wait for the PC version, in this case.

• Like 2

So much confusion on single game. It probably won't do any good to you, even one bit by having the same copies for two different platforms, other than, if you got more friends on either of the NG consoles, and mainly interested only in playing ONLINE, then decide whether you can't simply wait that long for PC to play with them. If No! then go and buy.

Otherwise, I'd just buy the PC edition; to avoid all the hassles related to downloading all the updates separately, because what they are hinting about the heists, and may be, something more, after days/weeks from release.

What else can one suggest?

Use common sense, that's all!

Wait for the PC version, by that time they might be announcing heists or actual paid DLC´s with some NEW content.

Not just shiny stuff that doesn´t make any difference in the end. We have been playing this game for more than 1 year :die:

Just wait! Its stupid to buy two copies in your case, when you have to wait just 2 month more. Wait for the potentially best Version of the Game.;)

if i had a good pc and a x1 i'd buy both.

for the PC for modding and extra high res/detailing.

for the x1 for sitting comfortably on the sofa and chilling

OP how long have u been waiting so far..? a whole 1 year or 2 atleast..? then whats another 2 months of waiting compared to all of this time that already passed..? besides that I personally think that buying 2 versions of GTA V is just a waste of money, get just 1 version of it - PC version that is.

Pretty much this.

OP. If it were me, I'd buy both. Xbone one for now and PC eventually to mod etc, infact, thats exactly what I'm doing, I'm buying it on Ps4 and will eventually pick it up on PC. The only logical step IMO.

EDIT. I think for GTA V, in the end, I'll end up buying 6 copies.

3 copies on Ps3 already bought, 1 for meself, 2 for my friends.

2 copies on Ps4(digital and disc) - pending

1 copy on PC - pending.

Edited by Raynos

Pretty much this.

OP. If it were me, I'd buy both. Xbone one for now and PC eventually to mod etc, infact, thats exactly what I'm doing, I'm buying it on Ps4 and will eventually pick it up on PC. The only logical step IMO.

EDIT. I think for GTA V, in the end, I'll end up buying 6 copies.

3 copies on Ps3 already bought, 1 for meself, 2 for my friends.

2 copies on Ps4(digital and disc) - pending

1 copy on PC - pending.

if u have extra spare money..then yes sure, but if u have a good enough PC to run GTA V on it then just buy the PC version thats my advice.

ItsJustMeSrsly

Absolutely. Buy 10 copies of each, and make sure to ask a forum to influence your decisions more frequently.

LOL! Someone give a cookie to this guy, he just won this pathetic thread! here's one from me! :cookie:

dirtyunclechris

On a serious note, I am getting the game for both PS4 and PC. This is not because I don't have patience (played it on 360 at launch, disappointed and decided to wait for nextgen instead). It's because I have a quality home theater system, and I want the game so I can sit back on my couch and enjoy it (mainly SP). For the PC version, I plan on playing a lot of multiplayer with my friends (and hopefully some mods down the road).Not sure yet which system I'll be transfering my 360 character to.

no. just buy it on XB1. there won't be much difference between next gen consoles and PC. higher resolution, slightly better textures, higher fps, better AA....of course that's if your "rig" is good enough. most likely just better off playing it on console. unless you want to waste spend a sh*t load of money.

PS4 > XB1 > PC > PS3 > 360

that's the order you should play it. ps3/360 are the worst versions to play it on. so let's exclude them. that leaves ps4/xb1/pc. if you have more money than sense and your PC can actually run it maxed out then PC is technically better. if you want to save money and get really good performance then ps4/xb1 it is. and we all know that the ps4 is better than xb1.

Russi4nW4rrior

^^ Dude don't turn this into a console war. Xbox One and PS4 are equally as good. But if you read my post I will for sure be getting it on PC because i will be abe to run it high-ultra most likely, but for sure better then Xbox One or PS4. But im just not sure if I should get it on Xbox One. For now im still undecided even after all these posts.

If I was planning to buy it for more then just PC. I would by the game for "new gen." if thats what your friends play on then pic it up in summer (summer sale) for the PC once the modding community has been firmly established.