2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Mr. Scratch

Ash vs Evil Dead

Mr. Scratch

I wish, I know Raimi said he wants to connect the two universes but I just can't see Mia in this, it's just too different in tone from the 2013 movie. I think the closest we're going to get is Lucy Lawless' character. I am kinda disappointed that only the premiere was 40 something minutes long and the rest seem to barely reach 30 minutes.

Voodoo

I was a little skeptical after the premiere but damn, it's paying off now. Highly entertaining and highly recommended even if you aren't fanatical about the films. I was also pretty disappointed that the eps are only 30 min but any Ash is better than no Ash, I suppose.

Richard Power Colt

Yeah, it's great.

I am kind of concerned. Raimi has stated that he's really only involved with a couple episodes and then he's leaving the show in the hands of the other creative people. Which is the usual case for 99% of TV shows these days. I just hope they can keep up the tone Raimi had set.

Episode 4 and 5 I actually felt were pretty disappointing. They had some cool ideas, but the jokes didn't quite land and the horror isn't really up there with the original movies either. According to wikipedia both eps were directed by the same guy tho and apparently the next one is going to be someone else so I'm hoping it'll pick back up. Also only ep 1 was done by Raimi, but I loved ep 2 and 3 as well.

Mr. Scratch

Either way I think it exceeded everyone's expectations. Apparently the reason why nothing from Army of Darkness is mentioned is because they couldn't get the rights to it.

Edited by Mr.Scratch

Richard Power Colt

Payne Killer

Anyone still watching this? Season 2 is awesome.

Tacymist

Wakey, wakey! Hands off snakey!

Payne Killer
Ash-vs-Evil-Dead-Delusion-645x370.jpg

Is this The Guy?

Loving season 2.. lol @ that morgue scene

Ending of season 1 caught me off guard. Was expecting one final push to try and defeat Ruby, but I forgot it's Ash, just took the deal lol

Is this The Guy?

Pablo nooooo!

Richard Power Colt

Just caught up with season 2(only found out recently that it had already started lol). Overall I think it's been more fun and exciting than the 1st season.

Edited by Richard Power Colt

Payne Killer

Damn. It was cool seeing Henrietta again, lmao. I wonder what we'll see with Season 3.

N7Operative84

SPOILERS

I was disappointed that Ash didn't save the redhead , Tanya. I mean why did he watch as she got torn apart? Then he uses the shotgun to escape. THEN he sees that Tanya still alive and doesn't help AGAIN, from OUTSIDE the cellar.Ash easily destroys Henrietta , it makes me wonder why he "ran" away in the first place.He could have easily have helped saved her or at least try.

I get that, Ash can't save everyone, but I just feel that this point, anyone that gets near Ash ,is done for minus Pablo and Kelly. Ash almost seems as big of threat of humanity making bad choices luring the evil toward innocent people.

I like the three movies , but Ash is too much of a screw up in the tv series. I enjoyed the 1st season and for the most part the season, but Ash is a bit too unlikable. Overall, he causes far more problems that he solves and gets alot of people killed. He is getting to the point where he should "evolve" a certain way, that isn't a "super hero", but at the same time isn't a saint of slayers.

Ash from the films he seemed like a likeable unlikely hero. That is great because, I think most of us would fit in that category. For me it worked, because evil sneaks up on him and he beats it. The TV series makes me dislike the character. It just seems like, Ash has been put into situations where the same thing happens, but hasn't grown to make a better choices and ends up making the wrong choices and getting lots of people killed.

Overall, I didn't enjoy the last two episodes. The puppet episode was the last one I liked. The post episodes I thought were ok. Also, I am not of fan of the time travel stuff in Evil Dead in this instance, that the last two episodes presented.

Voodoo

This is on Netflix now, at least in the US, so for those of you who are subscribers and haven't seen it yet, you have no excuse.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80049277

Watch it. It's very good.

Mr. Scratch

I thought my Ashy sense was tingling. I wasn't wrong.

Panashe M. Sinclaire

Pretty nice show, nothing else like it on television. I needed something to get me into the whole horror world, and because of this series, prompted me to go back and watch the Evil dead movies, skipping that medieval trash, and watch all the old Friday the 13ths.

I don't know, this series just gives me an modern 80s type vibe. Leaves a lasting impression.

darthYENIK

Just realized I canceled my Starz subscription. Think I'll just buy season 3 off of iTunes or Amazon or something, when it airs.

Richard Power Colt

Just realized I canceled my Starz subscription. Think I'll just buy season 3 off of iTunes or Amazon or something, when it airs.

It's on Netflix too right now tho Idk if they're getting season 3 as soon as it airs.

Mr. Scratch

Pretty nice show, nothing else like it on television. I needed something to get me into the whole horror world, and because of this series, prompted me to go back and watch the Evil dead movies, skipping that medieval trash, and watch all the old Friday the 13ths.

I don't know, this series just gives me an modern 80s type vibe. Leaves a lasting impression.

Actually there is something like it, almost just as good.

Richard Power Colt

Just watched the first episode of season 3. It was a lot of fun, the ending especially made me laugh. I hope they can keep up this level of quality in the season.

Richard Power Colt

Oh well, 3 seasons was a solid run. RIP.

Richard Power Colt
Posted (edited)

Okay after seeing the ending I'm actually more bummed by the fact that this show was canceled.

A post-apocalyptic season 4 could have been a ton of fun.

Bruce Campbell even said that he's retiring the role which makes the chances of another movie less likely too. This sucks.

Edited by Richard Power Colt

AmyJones

I just started watching this too. Its a drag but its better than nothing I guess

Richard Power Colt

I just started watching this too. Its a drag but its better than nothing I guess

I think it gets better after season 1.