2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Son of Zeus

Cool things you didn't know about: SA Edition

DirtCheap

You can drive the Container near Tierra Robada.

You will need a jetpack for this.

Video starts at 4:45

It's a mod as the aircraft carrier is in San Fierro, not Tierra Robada

Also, the carrier is a prop, not a vehicle

gts.

You can drive the Container near Tierra Robada.

You will need a jetpack for this.

Video starts at 4:45

Fake.

lil weasel

Anything may be done with a Mod.
Modding a game is not for the Everyday Player.

I would not say it is something that is available in the Game, without serious code modification.

SmokesWithCigs

In flint county off the shoreline near can't bridge there's a photographer snapping pics of the horizon

SpicyDragon

There are rainbows in this game

Jack Lupino

After using tear gas and if you kill one of the pedestrians via stealth all the nearby pedestrians also die

credit:Zmoonchild

SmokesWithCigs

In flint county off the shoreline near can't bridge there's a photographer snapping pics of the horizon

Actually I meant the flint intersection in the grassy areas. More of these NPCs can be found on the southern grassy flint county shores off the highway on the way to angel pine.

Am Shaegar

Pier 69 beta version analysis

Nicely done! It explains how the mission was written and origibally meant to be, until they decided to make changes in the final version. Really interesting and presented in a easy to understand manner. Rockstar's last, great effort for the GTA Series in coming up with a great story material that is complex, interesting and highly engaging with SA. :)

Kudos to R* :^:

Reameb
Posted (edited)

If you jump with parachute, while CJ is on fire, and he dies while the parachute is open, you will be able to control the parachute, even dead, lol, CJ will actually die when you land.

Edited by Reameb

DirtCheap

If you check Zero's shop in between the missions you do for him, you can see how his shop improves. At the start, it has almost nothing in stock, then a mission after that, you get more toys appearing in his shop. After you complete the disgustingly difficult Supply Lines for him, you get a lot of toys in his shop. After his last mission, you get a few more toys in the shop, filling up every shelf.

Jack Lupino
Posted (edited)

If you jump with parachute, while CJ is on fire, and he dies while the parachute is open, you will be able to control the parachute, even dead, lol, CJ will actually die when you land.

Same happens with the jetpack

EDIT:You cant control the jetpack however

Edited by Jack Lupino

The Eddo

Drive up to a pedestrian in a car and keep the horn pressed for a long time, the ped will eventually run away. When I first discovered this and saw the ped run, I imagined him scream "GAH! I'M DEAF!":lol:

Am Shaegar

18 CRAZY Details in GTA: San Andreas

Male01
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, The Eddo said:

Drive up to a pedestrian in a car and keep the horn pressed for a long time, the ped will eventually run away. When I first discovered this and saw the ped run, I imagined him scream "GAH! I'M DEAF!":lol:

Some pedestrians may attack you instead of running away.

Rockstar Logic:

If a carjacker is a passenger in a car and that car gets jacked by another carjacker, he will become the accomplice of the second carjacker. Instead of exiting and fleeing like a regular pedestrian, the passenger carjacker will pull out a gun and will fire at the police if a pursuit occurs.

Edited by Male01

∴

I was watching this video regarding GTA San Andreas (highly recommend it, and the first part) and the hidden content that lies just beyond the camera, and I was startled to learn that not only is Sweet's car empty during the introduction of the mission Drive Thru, but the character models are visible just to the left of the restaurant waiting to be loaded in properly. This honestly took me by surprise, and I can't believe I've never noticed it. It's eerie, but ever so interesting.

bZewMK6.png

Am Shaegar

Dumping Millie before getting her keycard

SanLiberty
On 6/3/2018 at 6:37 PM, ∴ said:

I was watching this video regarding GTA San Andreas (highly recommend it, and the first part) and the hidden content that lies just beyond the camera, and I was startled to learn that not only is Sweet's car empty during the introduction of the mission Drive Thru, but the character models are visible just to the left of the restaurant waiting to be loaded in properly. This honestly took me by surprise, and I can't believe I've never noticed it. It's eerie, but ever so interesting.

bZewMK6.png

I knew that ever since I was doing a playthrough for the Steam version and was at that mission, I noticed it.

Recommended
On 6/3/2018 at 4:37 PM, ∴ said:

I've honestly never noticed that either, and what's more is after seeing this, everytime I play through that mission I won't be able to help but notice them now.

Anyway, here's 8 things I've personally found myself that you may not know:

1. All the windows in the small diner in Palomino Creek can be destroyed via an explosion.
  2. (PS2 version) The doors for the enter-able bank and diner in Palamino Creek can also be destroyed via explosions. In the PC version, they are completely invincible.
  3. Upon purchasing clothing from Didier Sachs, CJ will make new comments on how rich and well-dressed he is, including when he attacks pedestrians, such as "I'm rich and f***ing crazy".
  4. R*'s logo is in the night sky, and it's made of stars hence R*, which is cleaver if you ask me. This should be an obvious one, but it actually took me many years until I noticed this, so I'll include it incase others haven't noticed.
  5. (PC only) Blocking with a melee weapon lasts forever as long as you hold down the block button when using the keyboard and mouse settings, however if you use the joypad settings, CJ will only block for a few seconds, then it will cancel out.
  6. (PC only) When going into aiming mode. For the keyboard and mouse settings, CJ will aim depending on where the camera is facing. For the joypad settings, CJ will aim in the direction he is facing instead. Another reason why the Keyboard and Mouse settings are better than Jopyad settings.
  7. You can take down the Police and News Maverick Helicopters in a single shot by sniping the white area just below the main rotor blades. I'm not sure if this works on the normal Maverick helicopters as I haven't tried it yet. This only works with the Sniper Rifle.
  8. The amount of train cars will determine the acceleration and deceleration of the train. I found this out when trying to do the freight train mission with 4 cars hooked; Pretty much impossible to beat. However, when I tried again with just 2 cars hooked, the mission became a walk in the park.

Big_Smiley
Posted (edited)

Can't think of much right now, but turning on the LSPD choppers spotlight during night time was always fun in the PS2. If you shine on pedestrians they'll start running like crazy, lolz :lol: Gang members will also flash gang signs if spotted on. Just a unique feature. A shame this wasn't present in V without the use of mods. Would have been just as fun shining the light on gangs and vehicles in traffic in LS. But hey, good 'ol SA is still superior in some ways :p

Edited by Big_Smiley

∴

I found out yesterday that there's a radio tower you can parachute off in Bone County, not far from The Big Ear. At first glance, it doesn't look accessible because there isn't a yellow arrow indicating an interior. There's only a ladder, but as we know they aren't able to be scaled. Regardless, if you walk up to it from the front you'll be taken to the top where you'll find a platform even smaller than that atop the Big Pointy Building and a parachute.

Am Shaegar

Kyoto

Destroyed vehicles don't despawn during cutscenes... I think.

1uYYNGm.png

Gotta love the Andromeda.

YoshiFan Gaming
Posted (edited)

Stowaway facts:

1. Playing the mission with frame limiter off is impossible, as the plane flies away too quick.

2. If you jump out of the plane without a parachute a cutscene will play. A ped gets out of their car, then CJ lands on it, causing the driver side, front passenger, and back passenger doors to fall off.

(I'm fairly sure everyone knows those facts though.)

Etc. facts:

1. There's a parachute glitch where CJ pulls the parachute, but it's model doesn't spawn, somehow causing CJ to fall at a decent speed, and then he dies when he hits the ground. (IDK what happens if you land in water though. You probably live.)

2. Tommy Vercetti was originally going to be in San Andreas, but Ray Liotta (his voice actor) didn't want to voice Tommy, probably because he felt as he didn't get paid enough. (Same thing happened a few years later, with Niko Bellic's voice actor, Micheal Hollick, but that's not San Andreas.)

3. CJ may have been white really early on in SA's devlopment, as he looks white in one of the conept artworks for San Andreas, and no, it's not Cesar.

4. Ryder's voice actor, MC Eiht was too busy during SA's devlopment, so that's why he's rarely seen after the first 16 missions. It still doesn't explain why CJ doesn't notice Ryder in The Green Sabre though.

5. There's a ped that looks exactly like CJ's mom in the picture in the mission Big Smoke. The ped mainly walks around LV. 

Edited by YoshiFan Gaming

Son of Zeus

- SA was supposed to have three protagonists but they didn't have the tech back then. Interesting to think about who the three would have been : CJ, Cesar and someone else?

- The window of the gas station which CJ and Catalina rob really is  bullet proof, just like the guy in the cutscene says.

- Stealing parked cars by breaking windows and peds holding on to doors while you drive off: these features were planned but due to Renderware limitations could only be implemented later in Gta IV.

- In the mission Riot, The Truth's Slamvan is bullet-proof.

Lioshenka
On 5/4/2018 at 6:59 PM, Jack Lupino said:

After using tear gas and if you kill one of the pedestrians via stealth all the nearby pedestrians also die

credit:Zmoonchild

With all fairness, I recorded this glitch 11 years ago :p

gts.
On 6/3/2018 at 8:37 AM, ∴ said:

Spoiler

bZewMK6.png

This one of the thousand bugs in the mobile version and PS3/Xbox 360 "remastered" version.

Big_Smiley
3 hours ago, gts. said:

This one of the thousand bugs in the mobile version and PS3/Xbox 360 "remastered" version.

It's a small bug since the original PS2 versions. A bug that R* has never patched in-between versions. Pretty funny video I seen aswell :lol:

lil weasel

Truely, is it a "bug" or an "Exploit" to be used by those who know of it.