2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

[Back in Black] Back in Bad Sport Lobby

fw3

[Back in Black] Back in Bad Sport Lobby  

278 members have voted

1. 1. We're all aware at this point of the Bad Sport consequences, but is being put there...

• ... justified?
    • ... effective?
    • ... fair?
    • ... right?
    • ... legal? (this is part of the terms & conditions of the game)
    • ... unjustified?
    • ... ineffective?
    • ... unfair?
    • ... not right?
    • ... illegal (not part of the terms & conditions. I'm being scrutinized for using the product)
  2. 2. How many times have you been sent to Bad Sport?

• Never. I'm no loser!
    • Once and it was enough!
    • A few times. I get the whole thing, but it still stinks.
    • Too many times to remember. ugh.
    • I live in Bad Sport, bro... Nobody is going to tell me how to play my game!
  3. 3. This is the first GTA where cops don't arrest players. Would you prefer being arrested and sent to prison over Bad Sport?

• No, Bad Sport has nothing to do with cops. Keep them out of it!
    • No, prison would be worse! No cars, no weapons, no fun!
    • No, it's just stupid, like this entire post!
    • Yes, you could still play in public lobbies, just you'd be in prison for a short while!
    • Yes, there could be a whole game inside the prison without cars or weapons. Fights, arm wrestling, Ping Pong, etc.
    • Yes, it would be so much better than just being stuck in stupid Bad Sport, for God's sake!

So, despite doing dozens of missions, miscellaneous jobs, races, and whatnot, blowing up cars is still the way to go straight to Bad Sport, even if you're simply defending yourself from marauders and twerks.

What's puzzling, however, is the severity of the punishment in a video game. I mean, you can repeatedly kill a player 40-100 times with no repercussion whatsoever, but blow up his car and it's "we've got our eye on you!"

Grief a lobby with a tank or a jet, and it's fine, as long as you leave player's cars alone... blow everything and everyone to bits, just not their cars!

You can enter a wall breach and spend 16 hours decimating police, police vehicles, NPCs, and NPC vehicles, until our ammo wears out or we're called for dinner – yet, blow up another player's PV, and it's a notch on your record, Slugworth.

Sure, we're all aware of this, but the questions I pose are listed above.

This is my third time in Bad Sport, and while it's not so bad, there's a few things I don't like about it.
• Cheaters cheat like crazy in Bad Sport.
• Players don't give a rat's canary about other players.
• Cops are still just as aggressive.
• There's no "clock" to tell you how long you have to spend their... it seems arbitrary.
• It messes up your character's appearance, especially if you wear a mask.
• You can't change to a new session. If there's griefers in there, you're stuck with them. If you try to change, you get sent right back.

On the good side of Bad Sport, it's extremely raw and old school GTA Free Roam (a la GTA4).
It's a game of the fitness, meanest, nastiest, surliest, and thriftiest. You don't just walk or drive around, because everyone there is out to get everyone there.

If you're a multiple visitor to Bad Sport, please share your experiences...
what did you hate about it? What'd you like? What would you keep? What would you change?

Curious to read more about the current state of Bad Sport, as I haven't seen much on the forum in a while.

Cheers!

Oh, and the AC/DC video below is an awesome memory boost for me. I saw them in 1981 or 1982 on the For Those About to Rock tour and it may have been the best concert experience I ever had. Up there with Van Halen and Iron Maiden, for sure. :)

0_0.jpg

Bad sport is ineffective, the whole system is f*cking stupid. coming from someone who hasn't been put in bad sport since 2013, but I'm constantly blowing up cars and leaving jobs if my teammates do stupid sh*t (which is a lot).

I don't think a prison system would be any better, badsport just needs to go away imo.

I don't feel much pity for BS players. You pretty much have to actively try to get into BS these days.

I don't think a prison system would be any better, badsport just needs to go away imo.

I agree. It's a brutally flawed system of detentionary management, which is a term I just made up.

But, you get the drift. :)

• Like 2

Try as I might I can't get in.

Is there a dress code?

Off topic, those Maiden shows were just epic theater.

Pardon me while I enjoy the Rhyme of the ancient mariner

Edited by Dumb guy

I just prefer that Rockstar can remove this system of sh*t that is a real handicap for players! When you see a guy in a Zentorno / Adder / Entity, you see that the guy backed off to shoot you with a gun and you can not have, unfortunately, because the rear of the vehicle is protected, and you don 'have no other choice but to detonate the vehicle!

The Minigun, RPG, grenade launcher, sticky bomb, etc .. are weapons designed for enemy vehicles logically? No?

• Like 3

I don't feel much pity for BS players. You pretty much have to actively try to get into BS these days.

Honestly, I was not trying. I was frankly surprised when the Dunce cap plunked onto my head. I said, outloud, "are you kidding me?"

Not sure what prompted it, but alas, here I am. Did I blow up other player's cars? Yes. Like the kid from RR who ran me over at the start of the mission, killing me.

When I got to the garage, I blew his car up and texted him, "TOOLBAG." He took the documents and flew off across the map, forcing us all to quit. No regrets here about his PV.

• Like 2

It makes NO sense to me

You already have to pay for the vehicle, unless you have all your money in cash... But then you'd have all your money in cash and that's a dangerous thing to do

Though people who frequently leave missions should get bad sports for a while ngl

It shouldn't be for long though, bcz you can always end up with bad players, forcing you to quit

It maybe unfair for some people out there taking revenge on glitching kids or just having some fun with their friends

But trust me, the BS lobby keeps you away from most kids griefing and "trolling", and although i dont think it teaches anyone a lesson (you morons even think the asshole cap is cool) it is truly a pain in the ass

• Like 2

Bad sport is ineffective, the whole system is f*cking stupid. coming from someone who hasn't been put in bad sport since 2013, but I'm constantly blowing up cars and leaving jobs if my teammates do stupid sh*t (which is a lot).

Bad Sport is meant to be hard to enter, if it were easy, then everyone would complain that this is GTA not The Sims and we're supposed to do that because we're criminals.

I disagree with the idea that Bad Sport needs to go, it keeps the worst of the worst away from the average and good players. As long as it keeps the most annoying assholes from my game, i support it.

As i've said on other threads, the Bad Sport people are just put in a lobby with psychopaths and destroyers of their own kind, don't see it as a punishment but rather an adaptation of the game of your social behavior.

Edited by Mikelo

This thread again?

I blow up about 2-3 cars per game session and I've never been in there, so OP is bullsh*tting us

Does the time your in bad sport still go down if you never leave your apartment? Otherwise you could ride a sports bike around the subway tunnels, or hand around at the northern most part of the map, in case almost everyone would be too lazy to drive up there to grief you. And jets can't get you if you duck inside a clothes store or some other shop.

JohnDoe7125539271

Does the time your in bad sport still go down if you never leave your apartment? Otherwise you could ride a sports bike around the subway tunnels, or hand around at the northern most part of the map, in case almost everyone would be too lazy to drive up there to grief you. And jets can't get you if you duck inside a clothes store or some other shop.

Of course it does. You don't even have to power on your PlayStation/Xbox... would somewhat unfair to PLAY in Bad Sport for one month. I just played GTA IV & Red Dead Redemption in that time.

ExtremeTorque

I've never been in bad sport but I can tell you the system is ineffective and stupid.

Out of all the methods available to grief other players,they only punish destroying their cars?

lol

• Like 2

It sounds so stupid for punishing people for playing the game how it's intended to.

"You committed the crime for blowing up someone's car, well lemme just throw you in bad sport"

logic.png

I haven't been in BS lobbies since 2013 and that was for only 4 days. I accidentally blew up my buddy's car too many times. Lol. It then gave me a sentence of 2 days. The following day I hopped on to try the whole BS lobby thing. Well it wasn't that bad back then since it was shortly after launch. What pissed me off is when I went after an armored truck, I accidentally blew myself up in my own car by following ever so slightly too close: I immediately got 2 additional days added to my sentence for that and it even put up the BS warning for blowing up PVs... So dumb. I'm sure they have fixed it by now but that was dumb.

Edited by rharri02

OK logic? You are awarded for the vehicle bomber achievment, yet it also sends you to bad sport.

furthermore, i could care less if someone blows my car up. They pay and I receive a replacement in 10 seconds. It would be different if I had to re buy the vehicle all over. Also 18+ game .....

Edited by Sum-gUy
  • Like 4

GTA_Sharpshooter

Bad Sport Lobby is like a normal lobby,but to walk trough the city without dying you need to become yourself more bad sport (Kill to not die,destroy cars to runaway etc.

An assassin gets the kill without leaving evidence behind.

• Like 3

Miss Malevolent

Never been, so I have no problems with it or its effectiveness.

• Like 3

OK logic? You are awarded for the vehicle bomber achievment, yet it also sends you to bad sport.

furthermore, i could care less if someone blows my car up. They pay and I receive a replacement in 10 seconds. It would be different if I had to re buy the vehicle all over. Also 18+ game .....

You have to blow up your own car or a street car for that award.

• Like 2

feloniousrick

Just finished a 4 month sentence. If anything it made me more aware of the mini map. I dont mind bad sport I just dont like how you get there.

This thread again?

I blow up about 2-3 cars per game session and I've never been in there, so OP is bullsh*tting us

This thread has never existed before, @CrazyRay, though the topic - like many other topics - has been discussed in a different format.

And as for me BS'ing, well, you're entitled to your opinion, despite it being inaccurate.

• Like 1

Bad sport needs to just be for all the lil modding and glitching fags. No reason to go for blowing up cars.

I agree, completely. So who does one politick to? I doubt Rockstar gives a poop. :)

Bad sport needs to just be for all the lil modding and glitching fags. No reason to go for blowing up cars.

Uh, no, nothing but suspensions and console bans for those f*ckers
  • Like 2

poppafewpills

An assassin gets the kill without leaving evidence behind.

If you do leave a trace be sure to camouflage it well. I blow up anywhere from five to ten personal vehicles per session and I've yet to become a dodgy player let alone be blessed with bad sport.

Then again I share bounties and money from robberies just for laughs, so maybe that has something to do with it ?

blowing up cars is too damn fun, its a shame you get punished for it.
i would happily pay double the insurance payout on vehicles, hell even triple if it meant no bad sport warnings

• Like 2