LCS Your Favourite?

W4RLORD

Everyone always goes on about San Andreas being the childhood favourite or Vice City being their favourite, but nothing is every rarely spoken about the City Stories games (with LCS being brought up even less than VCS). Imo it's a very underrated GTA game and is not often appreciated in the GTA community.

I remember when I first played it on PSP, being amazed at how R* got PS2 graphics on a small device and at the story and missions of the game. One of my favourites was where you have to go on a ship and kill a lot of mobsters with a chainsaw and magnum gun, it was one of the most fun missions I remember in all of 6th gen GTA's. Completing side activities and other stuff was fun, I remember getting some love heart boxer shorts for doing a certain amount of stunt jumps haha.

I used to finds all types of glitches too, I remember using the perfect car handling cheat and the horn button to jump cars on top of building. I found ways into the destroyed tunnel, clipped into a lot of other buildings and went underwater. It was crazy at the time as I didn't even know what glitches where as a kid and though I was just getting into secret areas lol.

Anybody else hold this game as their all time favourite GTA? If so, what are your cool stories and things you remember about the game?

Edited by W4RLORD

Harwood Butch3r

No. Still a good game though. Just don't find it as appealing as some of the other GTAs.

• Like 1

Im2akillerfish

My favorite handhold GTA. Whileas IV still takes the first spot, I love LCS on PSP. The setting, The intro song, the story (Especially in the beginning) feels so great.

I really hope that R* remakes LCS, VCS and Chinatown wars to VITA. All games would look better (No PSP-VITA upscaling) CW would get its touch controls from DS version, And Stories would get double analog stick support.

No. Still a good game though. Just don't find it as appealing as some of the other GTAs.

I couldn't agree more.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I always played vice city as a little kid but years later when I bought gta lcs when it first came out for the ps2 I was addicted to that game and wouldn't stop playing it until I was grounded from it. I remember sneaking it back and playing it. I wish Rockstar made a pc version of this game, I really do. So I would consider a childhood favorite.

Edited by AdvancedShoe

Love both VCS and LCS, but they were kind of like expansion packs for VC and III in handheld format which is why they don't get as much attention. I enjoy both and have considered VCS a favorite at points but it's understandable they don't get as much attention since not everyone has a PS2 or PSP whereas the other games have been released on all platforms (V on PC still waiting).

I must say I don't really play LCS anymore other than when I feel like going through the storyline, though. Just doesn't have much replay value if you're not one of those who plays the story over and over through the years, which I am.

• 4 weeks later...

GTA: Liberty City Stories was not necessarily my all time favourite game in the series. Having said that it was an excellent game which I had a lot of fun with. The great selection of music aided with my enjoyment as well.

I will give it credit for its innovative use of the Ferry System, to travel between Portland and Staunton Island. It is a feature that has yet to make its HD era debut.

Additionally. another nice touch to the map is the concept of a major road tunnel that is under construction, the Porter Tunnel. Furthermore, it would be lovely for a future GTA game to make use of this, albeit dynamically as a way to advance any future story. For example, the beginning of the game features rudimentary construction of a tunnel system, and as you progress through the story the tunnels construction is advanced.

• 1 month later...

It's not my favorite, but I do remember when it first came out on PSP. I was so excited it wasn't even funny. Had some great times on it back then, but unfortunately it has been stuck in the GTA past compared to the other titles.

I still remember buying it for PS2 on 06/06/2006. Can't believe that has been almost 10 years now. I feel old.

• 2 weeks later...

It's not my favorite, but I do remember when it first came out on PSP. I was so excited it wasn't even funny. Had some great times on it back then, but unfortunately it has been stuck in the GTA past compared to the other titles.

I still remember buying it for PS2 on 06/06/2006. Can't believe that has been almost 10 years now. I feel old.

Time does indeed go very fast.

• 4 months later...

It's a good game plagued by a bad frame rate (if you've never played games on PC it's not very noticeable) and unnecessarily difficult side missions. Seriously, how is it fun to try the same mission over and over again until you get lucky and manage to do the thing that is necessary for completion? When completing something largely depends on luck it's a sign that the game you're playing is badly designed or poorly tested. It shouldn't be so hard for a skilled player such as myself. I mean the controls are hardly different from previous GTA games.

I am enjoying the game in spite of all of this. My favorite thing is to complete side missions but this is taking too long. I've been playing the game for almost a month now and I have yet to start the story missions (I'm currently at 36% or something like that) but that's largely due to the fact that I have little time to play after work.

The Audiophile Thread

LG 32GN650-B | TESORO Gram XS | PRO X Superlight 2 | Xbox Elite v2 | JBL Tune 720BT | Truthear Hexa

i7 4790K 4.4 GHz | RTX 4070 | 32 GB Crucial DDR3 | ADATA 256GB | Samsung 860 PRO 2TB

Xbox | Xbox 360 | Xbox Series X | PS2 | PS3 | Google Pixel 6 Pro | Fanatec CSL DD McLaren GT3 V2

Lethal Vaccine

LCS isn't my favorite, but it's one that I like a lot and enjoy playing. I love the obtainable Heavy Vehicles in this game and the large number of Special Vehicles to be obtained, as well. It's the main reasons why I like playing LCS. The only downfall is it's too easy for 100% and very short, as well. I finished one of six Save Files I did to 100% in just 21 Hours and 25 Minutes. All of 6 days from 0 to 100%. I did LCS so many times, I don't see myself doing it anymore. The only thing I will do is continue working on my Starter Save which is only @ 25% currently out of a total possible 49% give or take...

Edited by Militia

Do your 100% save game from scratch then. Some side missions are hair pulling in terms of their difficulty or reliance on luck.

I just did the chainsaw rampage and two others in Shoreside; I immediately drove my car into the water while attempting a jump over the water (you know the wooden ramp towards the GTA III safe house). I kinda wanted to smash my controller at that point (I do have a backup one lol) but f*ck it. I'll do everything eventually and it will be even more rewarding given the effort it takes to complete.

The Audiophile Thread

LG 32GN650-B | TESORO Gram XS | PRO X Superlight 2 | Xbox Elite v2 | JBL Tune 720BT | Truthear Hexa

i7 4790K 4.4 GHz | RTX 4070 | 32 GB Crucial DDR3 | ADATA 256GB | Samsung 860 PRO 2TB

Xbox | Xbox 360 | Xbox Series X | PS2 | PS3 | Google Pixel 6 Pro | Fanatec CSL DD McLaren GT3 V2

Lethal Vaccine

I did it already 5 times from scratch. Only on my 6th Save File did I use my 25% Starter Save...

I did that chainsaw rampage again and I lost the WP PCJ while trying to get back to Portland. I didn't save my progress. f*ck that. I'm not losing that bike.

What's the hardest GTA game in your opinion? LCS seems to take the cake for me. I'm mostly wondering how VCS compares. HD era GTA games seem rather easy but I haven't played the side missions much.

The Audiophile Thread

Lethal Vaccine

HD Era is easier and it's why I don't like them as much as 3D. Not only are they easy the Special Vehicles inside are basically non existent. There is much more worthy prizes to obtain in the 3D Era.

The Chainsaw Rampage in Staunton Island on the street that you come over the Callahan Bridge? I don't find that one hard. You literally just run around tapping circle to use the Chainsaw. You don't lock on as that seems to make it go to slow and miss the Pedestrians. Rampages are all about continuing to move so more peds/vehicles spawn. If you keep moving, I don't think they are very hard.

I don't really find any of the GTA's hard. It's why I collect. Without collecting, the GTA's are boring to me and are just too easy. Without a challenge, I rather turn it off and do something else. With a challenge, is the only way to keep me interested long enough to get through it.

When I played LCS/VCS the first time, I thought VCS was WAY harder. Wait and see. You're in for a surprise...

I also find Side Missions in HD easier than 3D.

sh*t. I guess VCS will take two months to complete then at the rate I'm playing lol.

I was referring to the Shoreside chainsaw rampage, the one at the dam. It's not that difficult as you say. I found out that the strategy you mentioned is the most useful one after a few retries.

The Audiophile Thread

Lethal Vaccine

Ah, that one, which has a Hidden Package in GTA III behind the tower? Yeah, that one once in a while took me 2-3 tries. But once I decided to just tap circle and run around, it became cake. There is always a method in which I find how to pass these and once I find said method, I can pull it off the same way, every time, basically.

Anyways, once I get bored of V again, I am certainly gonna continue to work on my LCS Starter Save and get that finished. The way I see it is once I do get it completely finished, I might even re-do some of my Saves but this time not keep doing it in Slot 1 and backing the Save up onto my PC. This time, I will do a Save in Slot 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 all on ONE File, unlike last time with 6 separate Save Files. It just makes it more convenient. The way I have it now is really dumb and requires me to have SIX Memory Cards...For 6 separate Saves. As for my BC PS3, it requires me to delete the Save from PS3 and put a different Save on a USB Drive and put that one onto my PS3. Every time I want to use a different Save, I gotta remove one and put another one on. Very annoying. I should of just did each Save in a new Save Slot.

• 4 years later...
MSX98FMDnB

San Andreas was the first GTA game I played but I like LCS and III more for some reason.