GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Rhino Tank Review

splorsh

Against my own judgement and the advice of the kind people of this forum, a friend convinced me to purchase a tank for missions and defense against griefers. So, here's my in-depth review of the tank.

Pros:

-Pretty useful on certain missions if you get killed easily, like I do.

-Generally useful if someone is repeatedly targeting you for griefing in a session.

-Fun to drive (the controls are different than any other vehicles because of the independent turret aiming)

-Drives over most vehicles (crushing them and blowing them up in the process) with ease, and doesn't slow down too much while doing so.

-Doesn't feel slow since it's so big and can't be stopped easily by idiot AI traffic

-Has a relatively high top speed for such a heavy vehicle

-Turret can aim fairly high in the air compared to tanks in most video games

-Looks completely absurd driving through the streets, which is awesome

-Pretty useful camera angle in front of the tank, good for aiming the turret

-Easy way to make friends in a session (as long as you don't shoot at them)

-Fairly durable

Cons:

-Machine gun doesn't function

-No rear view camera or rear turret-aiming

-It gets stuck easily on very small obstacles, so you'll probably want to stick to streets and open terrain

-Too tall to fit in a few good hiding places (certain parking decks, tunnels, etc.)

-Turret gets caught on things easily if you aren't careful, and it's difficult to get un-stuck sometimes when it happens

-Rounds explode in the air after a certain distance, although I'm not sure exactly how far it is, so you might have difficulty hitting far away jets and helicopters

-Not particularlly good at off-roading or climbing small inclines without a good head start

-Regular camera angles are pretty high compared to other vehicles

-Difficult to see where you're going when you drive under bridges and in tight spaces, unless you use the front-of-vehicle camera

-Not difficult for other players to blow up

-Not fast enough to keep up with other player vehicles, so they can easily evade/avoid you (which most players in the lobby will do immediately when they see your tank icon)

-Even peaceful/friendly players will assume you're using the tank to grief and try to blow you up, so you have to hide for a little while after getting in the tank

TL:DR: It's pretty fun and unique, which is all that really matters in the end. Does have limited usefulness and minor drawbacks, but there are a lot more useless things you could spend $1.5 million on in this game.

Would recommend to anyone.

Edited by splorsh
  • Like 3

...there are a lot more useless things you could spend $1.5 million on in this game.

Like what?

• Like 2

-Not fast enough to keep up with other player vehicles, so they can easily evade/avoid you (which most players in the lobby will do immediately when they see your tank icon)
This is a ridiculous gripe...there's not a tank in the world that can keep pace with a sports car.
-Even peaceful/friendly players will assume you're using the tank to grief and try to blow you up, so you have to hide for a little while after getting in the tank
You can't hide in a tank...there's an icon on the mini map telling everyone where you are. This would have been a half decent review a year ago....today not so much.

Edited by TreFacTor

...there are a lot more useless things you could spend $1.5 million on in this game.

Like what?

Houses, certain cars, the dump truck, certain jets, helicopters (which are easy to find spawned on the map already), car look upgrades, clothing, etc.

They might look cool and be fun to own, but don't have any particular use (like helping you do missions or defending yourself from other players).

Like what?

The Dump.

• Like 10

This is a ridiculous gripe...there's not a tank in the world that can keep pace with a sports car.
You can't hide in a tank...there's an icon on the mini map telling everyone where you are. This would have been a half decent review a year ago....today not so much.

It's not a gripe just a fact that might help people decide if they want it (e.g. if they thought it would be good for griefing or bounty hunting).

And there are plenty of places to hide the tank, like in the unfinished subway.

Also, plenty of people are still buying GTA V since it went on sale, this is for them.

Edited by splorsh

Like what?

Houses, certain cars, the dump truck, certain jets, helicopters (which are easy to find spawned on the map already), car look upgrades, clothing, etc.

They might look cool and be fun to own, but don't have any particular use (like helping you do missions or defending yourself from other players).

Like what?

The Dump.

I think you're right - the dump is the only thing more expensive, though I can't remember how much it is now. It was long time ago that I bought it, and I think I used it once :p

I've used the tank more than that. The dump is a worse purchase, but it's the only one I know of that's more expensive than the tank.

Edited by Furry_Monkey

its a nerfed pile of trash, its not worth it + the MG isnt usable

its a nerfed pile of trash, its not worth it + the MG isnt usable

It was good fun when it was harder to destroy, but then it was easy to snipe so a bit of swings and roundabouts.

I find tanks immense fun now though, but only from the perspective of suicide bombing them and then finishing them off with an RPG. I can't remember the last time I called for mine. It must be literally months.

Edited by Furry_Monkey

It's not as fun as it used to be since Rockstar decided to listen to the delicate flowers who need their hand held whilst playing GTA O.

It's not a gripe just a fact that might help people decide if they want it (e.g. if they thought it would be good for griefing or bounty hunting).

Also, plenty of people are still buying GTA V since it went on sale, this is for them.

Anytime you get in a tank, helicopter or plane an icon appears on everyone's mini map letting them know your location (you can use off the radar, but that only lasts 60 seconds)....if you were to try and "hide" a tank underground, you better not travel too far away as it's recalled after you get too far away for an extended period. There's no hiding in a tank or stashing it for quick recovery....sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Have had a tank since they were hard as nails really disappointed it was nurfed so much but good on you op for taking the time to help other players who may considering purchasing one , too many people too quick to put people who post stuff they already know down , a good well informed review , nice one 👍

Anytime you get in a tank, helicopter or plane an icon appears on everyone's mini map letting them know your location (you can use off the radar, but that only lasts 60 seconds)....if you were to try and "hide" a tank underground, you better not travel too far away as it's recalled after you get too far away for an extended period. There's no hiding in a tank or stashing it for quick recovery....sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

I'm not talking about hiding it from the map, just hiding from view of people/buzzards who can blow you up.

Like what?

The Dump.

Yeah, you know that Rubble in the back? It's all your money you spent, incinerated, so the guilt can follow you around every time you bring it out.. mwhahaha!

Marky_Hates_You

Tanks are useful for getting hate messages from people who hate tanks. Its grrrrreat!

Like what?

The Dump.

Yeah, you know that Rubble in the back? It's all your money you spent, incinerated, so the guilt can follow you around every time you bring it out.. mwhahaha!

Actually it's the light coming from the pixels on my TV screen. Plus, I bought it when I had billions in the bank, just like I bought every other available vehicle. I literally lost no money buying it so it really does not effect any change in me whatsoever.

Edited by Furry_Monkey

I'm not talking about hiding it from the map, just hiding from view of people/buzzards who can blow you up.

You don't get it....

someone else dumb it down.

Have had a tank since they were hard as nails really disappointed it was nurfed so much but good on you op for taking the time to help other players who may considering purchasing one , too many people too quick to put people who post stuff they already know down , a good well informed review , nice one 👍

Agreed, stop being such a dick just cause you think you're an all knowing expert on GTA tanks. Nice post op.

• Like 2

Like what?

Chradder with dollar rims

• Like 2

You don't get it....

someone else dumb it down.

When you get in the tank people will get in a buzzard to try to find you and blow you up.

If you go in a tunnel or something, they can't fly in and will give up.

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

Like what?

most people are not gonna enjoy their anahilator or their big dumb truck :)

also if i have to chose, i rather lose my busses i purchased instead of my tank :)

edit: i realy love this review, atleast someone has the guts to do one :p

dont know if he is the realy first though, so many topics got closed :/

Edited by goldadderXD

dingodile_r89

Everyone and their maid's dog has a tank now, this review would have helped last year.

FirstLadyofGTA

I appreciate your post Op mainly because I was thinking of this very thing recently since I have finally passed the level in which I am allowed to purchase one after a whole year. I have mixed feelings about the tank and normally view them in the way many others do which is a tool for 'griefing.' Moreover I was kind of annoyed that it was nerfed (even though I hated it like a lot of other people) because I will have to pay what I'm assuming is the same price for something that is not as powerful as it used to be which irks me a bit. However I have thought about buying, umm, wasting the money to purchase one recently and your review I found very helpful. I was just playing in one today to get a feel for it (not my own obviously) and I agree on the speed. You also reminded me that it could be useful for missions and I may purchase one just for that reason alone since I really don't mess around or play with people in public lobbies. I'm not well acquainted with tanks and didn't even know what 'rhino' kills were in my stats until someone told me so yea your post is great for people such as myself.

• Like 2

If the machine gun could be used by another player I'd get one. Otherwise I've had no good reason to buy it yet.

Edited by sebcreed
  • Like 1

Like what?

P&Qs

TL:DR: It's pretty fun and unique, which is all that really matters in the end.

Stick with this perspective and you'll be fine; just remember this sage advice, young padawan: Never drive a tank into an LSC.

0_0.jpg

Edited by fw3
  • Like 3

TheGoodSgtScooter

Like what?

A dump.

• Like 1