Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Cayo Perico Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA VI

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

Grand Theft Auto III Pre-Release Discussion


GTAKid667

Recommended Posts

Staunton Assassin
33 minutes ago, universetwisters said:

 

Please do because I doubt gtaseriesvideos is gonna do anything with that GDD of theirs anytime soon

Now that you mention it... [pulls up pants and rolls up sleeves]

 

- The BETA name for "S.A.M." was originally "Plane to Sea" and depending on the early revision of the mission briefing text string, the cargo plane maybe had a random arrival time ranging from a minimum of 2 minutes to a maximum of 6 minutes?

- "Espresso-2-Go!" originally featured three more stalls to wreck. One by the subway station in Portland, one by the piers on the western edge of Aspatria and one at the Staunton View Picnic Point in Cedar Grove (but there aren't any peds there, WTF?).

- "Bait" originally featured a fourth Colombian Cartel deathsquad car to lure, it was supposed to be placed by the Francis International Airport.

- Another little thing related to "Bait", it was originally supposed to display the following text strings after the opening cutscene:

 

AS1_A - Go and find the Colombian death squads and lead them to the Kill Zone.
AS1_B - But be careful! They are professionals and they're being paid to kill you!

 

- "Turismo" was originally called "Low Rider Race" and according to the developers' comments left in "diablo1.sc", it was supposed to "start at the top of the bridge".

- "Evidence Dash" originally involved the CIA raiding "one of Ray's old haunts" and getting evidence against him from there. But instead of collecting six packages, the player was originally supposed to collect eight packages. Also, Claude was originally supposed to stash the evidence packages at his hideout rather than leaving them in a car and destroying them.

- The "Decoy" mission's BETA name was "Swat the SWAT".

- Oh, and here's the most interesting of all: The Taxi Driver side-mission was originally called "CRRRRRAZY TAXI", or maybe the devs just put it there in "taxi1.sc" as a simple reference?

 

I'll airdrop more of these info-supply crates later on, eventually. Stay tuned.;)

Edited by Staunton Assassin
  • Like 16
Link to post
Share on other sites
Mastah
1 hour ago, universetwisters said:

 

Please do because I doubt gtaseriesvideos is gonna do anything with that GDD of theirs anytime soon

 

Maybe they're waiting for 20th anniversary this fall, who knows.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Dantox131
2 hours ago, Mastah said:

 

Maybe they're waiting for 20th anniversary this fall, who knows.

Probally this is what aimed for,Maybe they scanned all the pages.and wait for it until October
It's a very nice thing but waiting that long might pisses people to and start bashing in the comments section until they decided
to Cancel the video and keep the GGD hidden.Looks like all we need it's just a little patience.
Hey,at least someone from the GTA Community bought it rather than some crazy collector who buys the stuff just to sit on a shelf
then sell it 10 years later for Half million dollars.we should be blessed.

If they really gonna do the vid,it better be word to word and not just,''only the most interesting one''
especially (from what i heard) if they will not release any Scans even if the video is released.
 

  • KEKW 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Inadequate
10 hours ago, universetwisters said:

 

Please do because I doubt gtaseriesvideos is gonna do anything with that GDD of theirs anytime soon

You really expecting the video about the GTA3 early design book? That won't happen in my opinion, otherwise they will be nuked by T2, or T2 gave them money already to not show anything.

Link to post
Share on other sites
universetwisters
1 hour ago, Inadequate said:

You really expecting the video about the GTA3 early design book? That won't happen in my opinion, otherwise they will be nuked by T2, or T2 gave them money already to not show anything.

 

Thats what they said they were gonna do last time I asked them, I think they replied about it a dozen or so pages ago in this thread too

Link to post
Share on other sites
Americana
8 hours ago, Dantox131 said:

Hey, at least someone from the GTA Community bought it rather than some crazy collector who buys the stuff just to sit on a shelf.

 

Well, 100% no difference to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Staunton Assassin

Look the fish out, another batch coming up!

 

- El Burro's "Turismo" mission was originally supposed to remove the Diablos' hostility against Claude if it was completed after "Uzi Rider".

- "Sayonara Salvatore" was originally named "Salvatore's Sendoff", nicely matching up with abbreviation in the name of the mission's opening cutscene audio.

- Similarly, "Under Surveillance" was originally called "Sniper Surveillance".

- Chunky Lee Chong's BETA name was Chunky Dave, as stated by a developer comment left in "joey2.sc".

 

- There are two unused variables labeled "maria_prossie" and "shaggin_waggin" in "cat1.sc" (code for "The Exchange" mission). Makes you think things...

- "Bullion Run" was originally known as "Gold Grab".

- "Rumble" was once called "Rumble Blues" and an early revision of the "Let's go crack some skulls..." subtitle says the Purple Nines were originally supposed to wear blue.

- The code for "Smack Down" begins with the following developer comments:

 

// *****************************************************************************************
// *******************************   Kenji Mission 5   *************************************
// *******************************     Smack Down      *************************************
// *****************************************************************************************
// *** Kenji wants you to hit the Yardies pushing Spank for the Cartel. They're dotted   ***
// *** about Liberty dealing in gangs or from vehicles. The player must race round the      ***
// *** city splattering and killing all the dealers within a time limit. Occasionally      ***
// *** they may have a 'backup vehicle' that will give chase to make the mission harder. ***
// *****************************************************************************************

 

Looks like this mission was pretty elaborate in the BETA.

 

- "love1.sc" (code for "Liberator") has the Old Oriental Gentleman mentioned as "The Old Japanese Gentleman". Well, at least now we know where he came from...

- "love2.sc" (code for "Waka-Gashira Wipeout!") was originally supposed to feature Donald Love's butler in the opening cutscene, but his appearance is commented out in the code and can be easily brought back in.

- Also, the code for most of Donald Love's missions contain commented out code related to placeholder, gameplay-based versions of the missions' opening cutscenes. They look pretty LCS-styled and judging by the way they're coded, they should work pretty nicely if brought back into the game.

- There are five commented out car generators around Portland. These were already showcased in Vadim M's "GTA III Removed Content [Part 1]" video.

 

- "Gripped!" was originally known as "GRIPPED, SORTED"? I don't know, the developers at R* have put some really silly mission names in there. But some of them are up to final quality.

- "Chaperone" was originally titled "Pulp Friction".

- "Cutting the Grass" was once "Cuttin' the Grass".

- "Don't SPANK Ma Bitch Up" originally had a mini-cutscene showing you where the dealer is in the harbor. Interestingly enough, the camera coords point to the dealer's BETA location, which is at the edge of the dock that has a Body Armor pickup and a view of the Portland Rock lighthouse.

 

Man, there's still so much left to cover...

Edited by Staunton Assassin
  • Like 18
Link to post
Share on other sites
Bob Loblaw
24 minutes ago, Americana said:

 

Well, 100% no difference to me.

Yeah, there's no real advantage in someone from the "GTA community" having bought the document when said buyer already said they won't be sharing most of the content, if they even actually end up sharing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
GhettoJesus
1 hour ago, Staunton Assassin said:

- El Burro's "Turismo" mission was originally supposed to remove the Diablos' hostility against Claude if it was completed after "Uzi Rider".

I wonder if this was changed because the mission is replayable anytime.

Edited by GhettoJesus
Link to post
Share on other sites
gts.
4 hours ago, GhettoJesus said:

I wonder if this was changed because the mission is replayable anytime.

Probably.

 

Also, interesting finds @Staunton Assassin on those ios mission/scm sources. At least, we have a few things/differences documented there. Unlike gtaseriesvideos saying they will release the early gta3's sketchbook video since last year, 2021 is here and still nothing lol. I'm sure is pretty dangerous to release something from that book with take-two and their whole lawyers squad on the back.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Jinx.

To contribute to this discussion, there's something interesting I noticed in the GameOn exposition.

 

unknown.png

 

This mission is Ray's last one. Normally, it is "Marked Man" and it involves driving Ray to the airport. But this one is called "The Hand-over" and it mentions The Dam. Hmm.....

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Staunton Assassin
2 hours ago, Jinx. said:

To contribute to this discussion, there's something interesting I noticed in the GameOn exposition.

 

unknown.png

 

This mission is Ray's last one. Normally, it is "Marked Man" and it involves driving Ray to the airport. But this one is called "The Hand-over" and it mentions The Dam. Hmm.....

That must be the BETA name for "The Exchange". I think they accidentally placed it under Ray's section.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Jinx.

Actually, nevermind. You're right.

Edited by Jinx.
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Staunton Assassin

So I recently dug into "cuts.img" and found a lone, unused cutscene data file named "intro.dat".

 

"Okay, but what's so 'lone' about?"

 

Well, most cutscene data files come in pairs; one .DAT file and one .IFP file. But this one particular file lacks an .IFP file and as a result, it doesn't have any animated cutscene objects.

Apparently, we can load this unused cutscene in-game using 0x02E4 (LOAD_CUTSCENE) and launch it using 0x02E7 (START_CUTSCENE).

 

And if and when we do that, we get a proper cutscene showing various parts of Portland! It begins outside small bank at the borders of Saint Mark's and the Red Light District, then it moves through the latter area for a while before cutting to Chinatown, after which it goes to Trenton and does a long slide from north-western Portland all the way to Callahan Bridge. It probably shows a lot more parts of Portland than I've mentioned here since I don't remember the cutscene test too well.

 

Interestingly enough, this unused cutscene's length and the police convoy cutscene's newscaster speech length match 1:1 with one another.

Could it be that this cutscene originally featured the "Liberty City is in shock today" news report speech?

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
universetwisters
57 minutes ago, Staunton Assassin said:

So I recently dug into "cuts.img" and found a lone, unused cutscene data file named "intro.dat".

 

"Okay, but what's so 'lone' about?"

 

Well, most cutscene data files come in pairs; one .DAT file and one .IFP file. But this one particular file lacks an .IFP file and as a result, it doesn't have any animated cutscene objects.

Apparently, we can load this unused cutscene in-game using 0x02E4 (LOAD_CUTSCENE) and launch it using 0x02E7 (START_CUTSCENE).

 

And if and when we do that, we get a proper cutscene showing various parts of Portland! It begins outside small bank at the borders of Saint Mark's and the Red Light District, then it moves through the latter area for a while before cutting to Chinatown, after which it goes to Trenton and does a long slide from north-western Portland all the way to Callahan Bridge. It probably shows a lot more parts of Portland than I've mentioned here since I don't remember the cutscene test too well.

 

Interestingly enough, this unused cutscene's length and the police convoy cutscene's newscaster speech length match 1:1 with one another.

Could it be that this cutscene originally featured the "Liberty City is in shock today" news report speech?

 

Nice! Any chance on a video or naw?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Staunton Assassin
20 minutes ago, universetwisters said:

 

Nice! Any chance on a video or naw?

I wish I could, but I can't, sadly. I might make a CLEO script soon that allows one to view that unused cutscene at any time in their game.:)

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Jinx.

Toni was supossed to have 6 missions instead of 5.

 

unknown.png

 

There is one missing sticker between his first and third mission, judging by the counts at the corner.

 

EDIT: It might've been Dead Skunk In The Trunk

 

unknown.png

Edited by Jinx.
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
Staunton Assassin

Eyes front, more finds coming through!

 

- According to early text revisions, developer comments and the global variable names found in "kenji3.sc", "Deal Steal" originally involved picking up an unknown amount of multiple Yakuza gang members instead of just one, which is quite odd since the Yardie Lobo can only seat two people.

- Also, here's an interesting fact about "Deal Steal", the game creates "colombian1_km3" and "colombian2_km3" inside the first Cartel Cruiser but skips "colombian3_km3" and "colombian4_km3" to create "colombian5_km3" and"colombian6_km3" in the second Cartel Cruiser, as if the Cartel Cruiser isn't able to seat more than two people.

 

Maybe the Yardie Lobo was originally supposed to seat four people and the Cartel Cruiser was originally supposed to seat two people? Anyways...

 

- "Deal Steal" presumably involved attacking the Yardies instead of the Colombian Cartel, since there's an unused variable called "counter_number_of_yardies_dead_km3" in "kenji3.sc".

- The "pickups.sc" file contains eight commented out instances of the enigmatic Camera Pickup. I believe you already know this because Vadim M. already documented this thing.

- A little correction to one of my previous posts: After reading the global variable list of "ray3.sc" more closely, "Evidence Dash" originally involved collecting nine evidence packages instead of six.

- The two getaway cars 'Chunky' Lee Chong can use in "Farewell 'Chunky' Lee Chong" were originally supposed to be locked to the player. Meaning you originally didn't have the ability to easily complete the mission by rigging one (or both) of the cars with a bomb. Also, the cars were originally supposed to become unlocked after 'Chunky' had gotten into one of them.

 

- According to tons of commented out lines of code inside "ambulance.sc", the Paramedic side-mission was originally supposed to last a whole 15 levels like in VCS! Now who would have the guts to play it that long?

- According to "genstuf.sc", the six "ambient feature" Triad gang members that spawn at the Turtle Head Fishing Co. factory in Atlantic Quays were originally supposed to attack Leone Family gang members too, not just the player.

- In "Chaperone", the "Maria meets Chico" cutscene originally had the camera pointed onto Maria rather than pointed at a set position.

- The betrayal cutscene in the beginning of the game was originally supposed to display a text string at the end that's internally known as "PAPER1".

  • Like 11
Link to post
Share on other sites
universetwisters
7 hours ago, Jinx. said:

Toni was supossed to have 6 missions instead of 5.

 

unknown.png

 

There is one missing sticker between his first and third mission, judging by the counts at the corner.

 

EDIT: It might've been Dead Skunk In The Trunk

 

unknown.png

 

I just wanna know who the f*ck at rockstar was hoarding old postit notes from 10+ years aago and how they're in such good condition lol

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Staunton Assassin

Heads up, here are more finds!

 

- Most of the Colombian Cartel gang members in "The Exchange" were originally supposed to be equipped with Body Armor, presumably to make the mission harder. The "ADD_ARMOR_TO_CHAR" commands are still there in the code, albeit commented out.

- The old school hall at the foot of the Callahan Bridge was originally supposed to have a scripted fixed camera rather than a cullzone-based one.

- The Hyaku Dojo in Bedford Point also originally had a scripted fixed camera instead of the cullzone one.

- The entrance to Donald Love's skyscraper, too, originally had a scripted fixed camera.

 

- The opening cutscene of "The Exchange" was originally supposed to end with a proper fade, not in a Max Payne 3 style where you instantly find yourself back in gameplay.

- Here's a really cool one, the opening cutscene of "Last Requests" was originally supposed to feature the unused "goon" model! His appearance is commented out in the same style as Donald Love's butler's. He was supposed use the same animation as the Leone Family gang member that appears in the cutscene. Maybe he was supposed to replace that "gang02" guy instead?

- "Marked Man" was totally different in the BETA, here's what the developer comments in the beginning of "ray6.sc" say about that:

 

// *****************************************************************************************
// ************************************   Ray 6    *****************************************
// ************************************ Marked Man *****************************************
// *****************************************************************************************
// *** The CIA is making money from Cartel deals and is concerned that the Yakuza are      ***
// *** hindering the operation. They've discovered that Ray is helping them and they've  ***
// *** decided to 'rub him out'. Ray is running scared and needs a ride to the airport.  ***
// *** His contact point is empty, but the player will get a pager message. The player is***
// *** followed by the C.I.A Ray is dressed in a Hawaiian shirt and has two cases packed.***
// *** He's booked on a flight (timed mission). The CIA give chase.                         ***
// *****************************************************************************************

 

Looks like Ray was originally supposed to have a second model where he's wearing a Hawaiian shirt and holding two suitcases. Anyways...

 

- According to the early revision of Ray's pager text message found in "ray6.sc", Ray was originally supposed to have a full white bulletproof Cheetah stashed in his lockup garage instead of a Patriot.

 

- According to the early revisions of the subtitles for the opening cutscene of "Marked Man", Ray was supposed to use the "f*ck" word three times in the cutscene, meaning III once included SA's level of strong language. Well, Ray is voiced by Robert Loggia, after all...

- "A Drop in the Ocean" and "Grand Theft Aero" originally involved dropping off the package(s) inside the garage next to Donald Love's mission marker doorway instead of the latter. Interestingly enough, a full-fledged huge (and totally empty) garage still lies behind that closed garage door, and the garage door itself is still registered as a proper dynamic object in the game's files.

- In addition to DL's unused garage above, there's also an unused text string labeled "LOVE4_8" in the game's text files with the text "You'll need a car to open the garage."

- According to the unused "csbexpos" global variable found in "intro.sc", the betrayal cutscene in the beginning of the game was originally supposed to feature explosive barrels. Maybe Claude was supposed to shoot at them instead rather than that security camera?

Edited by Staunton Assassin
  • Like 13
Link to post
Share on other sites
GhettoJesus
1 hour ago, Staunton Assassin said:

Most of the Colombian Cartel gang members in "The Exchange" were originally supposed to be equipped with Body Armor, presumably to make the mission harder. The "ADD_ARMOR_TO_CHAR" commands are still there in the code, albeit commented out.

This part intrigued me. Is there any NPC in the game who was given a body armor? Can't recall anyone who took more bullets.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Staunton Assassin
9 minutes ago, GhettoJesus said:

This part intrigued me. Is there any NPC in the game who was given a body armor? Can't recall anyone who took more bullets.

There are quite many Body Armor-wearing NPCs in the game. Such as 'Chunky' Lee Chong, Toni Cipriani (most notably), Maria, Salvatore and Phil to name a few.:)

Edited by Staunton Assassin
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
Staunton Assassin

@universetwisters: Here's the CLEO script for triggering the unused "intro.dat" cutscene. Create a new text document somewhere on your PC, open it with Notepad and copy and paste the following code into it:

 

{$CLEO}
0000:

 

:0
if and
03C6: 1
0ADC: "GOINTRO"
jf @3
03E5: 'CHEAT1'
0169: 1 1 1
fade 0 1000
wait 1000
02E4: 'INTRO'
fade 1 1000
02E7:

 

:1
if
82E9:
jf @2
wait 0
jump @1

 

:2
0169: 1 1 1
fade 0 1000
wait 1000
02EA:
fade 1 1000
wait 1000

 

:3
wait 0
jump @0

 

Save your changes, close Notepad, rename the text document to "III.UnusedIntroCutsceneTest.txt" and download and install Sanny Builder.
Open Sanny Builder, select the "GTA III" edit mode from the bottom-right corner of the window, open "III.UnusedIntroCutsceneTest.txt" with Sanny Builder and press F6 to compile it into a .cs file.

 

Click "OK", close Sanny Builder, delete "III.UnusedIntroCutsceneTest.txt", download and install CLEO Library for III and cut and paste "III.UnusedIntroCutsceneTest.cs" into your III folder's "CLEO" folder.
When in-game, go to Portland and enter "GOINTRO" at any time, preferably during free-roam, to trigger the cutscene.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Lips10Sixx

Hello all!

 

 I am new here but have been down these forums for years here and there but finally have become a member. Been very keen to GTA 3 since 2001 when I was only 8 years old, starting to understand what beta was in 2008. Since then have been very excited about seeing old un-used, deleted, hidden, alternate content of my favorite game, modding and just learning about modding in general. To  the people who put time into this almost 20 year old game is just amazing to me! Kudos and thank you! 

 

Lately very interested in the late beta stages of GTAIII- Aug 2001/bradygamesmag 

 

It looks like the so called "grey" Mafia Sentinel seen in the brady games magazine uses the same body64 b or c as the blue wrecked Sentinel at the intro.

Does anyone know which .TXD would house these files? 

 

I did however find one .TXD with the car and enforcer but no body64,bodyb/c etc. for the Sentinel which confuses, shouldn't it be in there as well?


 

Edited by Lips10Sixx
Link to post
Share on other sites
thehambone

@Staunton Assassin Not sure if you're done dropping bombs yet, but a while ago I discovered that Paramedic was supposed to have at least 15 levels by looking at the script source.
EDIT: nevermind, I can't read 😅 Interesting nonetheless 😋


One of the many bits of commented-out code showing the initial plan for 15 levels. Could you imagine having to save 120 peds during that godawful mission?

VAR_INT injured_ped_10 injured_ped_10_blip injured_ped_10_flag
VAR_INT injured_ped_11 injured_ped_11_blip injured_ped_11_flag
VAR_INT injured_ped_12 injured_ped_12_blip injured_ped_12_flag
//VAR_INT injured_ped_13 injured_ped_13_blip injured_ped_13_flag
//VAR_INT injured_ped_14 injured_ped_14_blip injured_ped_14_flag
//VAR_INT injured_ped_15 injured_ped_15_blip injured_ped_15_flag


There's also evidence for 16 levels in the Official BradyGames Strategy Guide (pg 106)
ovpfJYz.png

 

Edited by thehambone
i can't read
  • Like 7
  • Bruh 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Jinx.
12 hours ago, Lips10Sixx said:

Hello all!

 

 I am new here but have been down these forums for years here and there but finally have become a member. Been very keen to GTA 3 since 2001 when I was only 8 years old, starting to understand what beta was in 2008. Since then have been very excited about seeing old un-used, deleted, hidden, alternate content of my favorite game, modding and just learning about modding in general. To  the people who put time into this almost 20 year old game is just amazing to me! Kudos and thank you! 

 

Lately very interested in the late beta stages of GTAIII- Aug 2001/bradygamesmag 

 

It looks like the so called "grey" Mafia Sentinel seen in the brady games magazine uses the same body64 b or c as the blue wrecked Sentinel at the intro.

Does anyone know which .TXD would house these files? 

 

I did however find one .TXD with the car and enforcer but no body64,bodyb/c etc. for the Sentinel which confuses, shouldn't it be in there as well?


 

That Mafia Sentinel is based on the PC Sentinel model, look at the damaged parts from both those screenshots, the wreck and the PC Sentinel. Yes, the textures are used in the wreck, but I think that model is a slightly earlier version of it. Plus that the body mapping doesn't match the textures. IIRC some parts were still similar to the normal Sentinel, but I forgot since I looked at the models.

VHZiHpx.png

 

 

I did redo the model if you're interested.
 

In fact, many cars had a bodymap similar to the one on Idaho and a few others, while sport cars like the Banshee used the bodymap seen in the cutscene model.

Edited by Jinx.
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Lips10Sixx
47 minutes ago, Jinx. said:

That Mafia Sentinel is based on the PC Sentinel model, look at the damaged parts from both those screenshots, the wreck and the PC Sentinel. Yes, the textures are used in the wreck, but I think that model is a slightly earlier version of it. Plus that the body mapping doesn't match the textures. IIRC some parts were still similar to the normal Sentinel, but I forgot since I looked at the models.

VHZiHpx.png

 

 

I did redo the model if you're interested.
 

In fact, many cars had a bodymap similar to the one on Idaho and a few others, while sport cars like the Banshee used the bodymap seen in the cutscene model.

That's some awesome stuff there! Thank you!!

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
KGBeast
12 hours ago, thehambone said:

@Staunton Assassin Not sure if you're done dropping bombs yet, but a while ago I discovered that Paramedic was supposed to have at least 15 levels by looking at the script source.
EDIT: nevermind, I can't read 😅 Interesting nonetheless 😋


One of the many bits of commented-out code showing the initial plan for 15 levels. Could you imagine having to save 120 peds during that godawful mission?

VAR_INT injured_ped_10 injured_ped_10_blip injured_ped_10_flag
VAR_INT injured_ped_11 injured_ped_11_blip injured_ped_11_flag
VAR_INT injured_ped_12 injured_ped_12_blip injured_ped_12_flag
//VAR_INT injured_ped_13 injured_ped_13_blip injured_ped_13_flag
//VAR_INT injured_ped_14 injured_ped_14_blip injured_ped_14_flag
//VAR_INT injured_ped_15 injured_ped_15_blip injured_ped_15_flag


There's also evidence for 16 levels in the Official BradyGames Strategy Guide (pg 106)
ovpfJYz.png

 

16 levels of Paramedic in III would truly be hell on earth. In Vice City, I could deal with it. But in III good god. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Staunton Assassin

Well, here are some more BETA finds:

 

- There's a developer comment in "frank1.sc" that says "FRANKIES LIMO NEEDS A UNIQUE COLOUR". This means the developers at R* originally intended to give Salvatore's Stretch a unique color in "Chaperone".
- According to the commented out blip coordinates seen in "frank1.sc", Luigi's mission marker was originally supposed to be located at the bottom of the steps leading up to his club's backdoor.
- "frank2.1.sc" (code for "Bomb Da Base: Act I") contains commented out code for displaying these two unused subtitles:

 

FM3_A - "We should take these Colombian bastards out"

FM3_B - "but while we're at war with the Triads we just ain't strong enough"

 

It seems that these two dialogues weren't added as an afterthought in the post-PS2 releases, but they were always intended to be there.

 

- According to commented out code in "frank4.sc", Maria and Asuka were originally supposed to be visible at the pier next to Callahan Bridge from the beginning of "Last Requests" (immersion friendliness?).

 

- Moreover, "Last Requests" was originally supposed to outright fail if you entered the rigged Cheetah.
- The "Claude meets Maria and Asuka at the pier" cutscene in "Last Requests" was originally supposed to be positioned slightly different than in the final version of the game.

 

- There's a commented out "PRINT_NOW" command in "8ball.sc" that was supposed to display an unused subtitle in the opening cutscene of "Luigi's Girls":

 

EBAL_I - "The boss will be out to see you shortly..."

 

Looks like Mickey Hamfists was supposed to say this line in that cutscene.

 

- Both in "main.sc" and "asusb3.sc" (code for "S.A.M."), Catalina's mission marker is created with a global variable named "maria_contact_blip".
  Maybe this marker was originally supposed to be represented by a "M" on the radar instead of a "C"? This mission would've seemed more logical if it was given by Maria, though. Anyways...

 

- "Under Surveillance" was originally supposed to create a marker of some sort by the front entrance of Kenji's Casino.

- Also, the FBI agents/Leone goons standing on the balconies of the building near Kenji's Casino in "Under Surveillance" were originally supposed to come equipped with 99% of Body Armor each.

 

- To add to Donald Love's unused garage discovery mentioned in one of my earlier posts in this topic: If you manage to get into the unused garage, you'll notice it's fully solid.
  And here's another fun fact, the garage was heavily shortened and actually reused in LCS for the missions "The Morgue Party Candidate" and "Love on the Rocks".

 

- There's an unused source file named "demo2.sc" which contains code for a test mission that plays a series of gameplay-based scripted cutscenes where several locations around Portland are showcased.

 

- This one was already documented by Vadim M. in his "GTA III Removed Content [Part I]" video, but whatever. "Gone Fishing" has these developer comments in it's code related to it's early concept:

 

// *****************************************************************************************
// *********************************** Ray Mission 4 ***************************************
// *********************************** Gone Fishing     ***************************************
// *****************************************************************************************
// *** Ray's partner is going to turn State's Evidence. He goes night fishing on the     ***
// *** Lighthouse Rock. The player will have to use a boat to get to him.  This boat will***
// *** have guns, and that is how the player must kill Ray's partner. Ray's partner will ***
// *** also have a weapon of his own, as he flees he will be dropping barrels of          ***
// *** explosives into the water and the path of the player.                             ***
// *****************************************************************************************

 

- The Drive-By Rampage located behind a guard box in southern Pike Creek was originally supposed to display drive-by help text.
- "Waka-Gashira Wipeout!" was originally supposed to feature twelve Yakuza gang members instead of eight and some of the existing gang members were originally supposed to guard the area around Kenji.

 

- "Bling-Bling Scramble" was originally called "Drug Rush".
- The Yardie gang member in "Uzi Rider" was originally supposed to explicitly tell Claude to kill five Diablo gang members.
- Both Yardie gang members in "Uzi Rider" were originally supposed to chase Claude down if he abandoned them? Not sure about this one...
- The "Police bribe delivered to hideout" pager message was originally "'Get out of jail free!'" and was supposed to be displayed after every five-in-a-row kills during the "Vigilante" side-mission.

 

- Moreover, here's a hidden fact about "Vigilante"; The game sets the "SET_GET_OUT_OF_JAIL_FREE" (0x0413) opcode to TRUE after every five-in-a-row kills. For more info about this opcode, click it's name.

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
The Hero
Quote

There's an unused source file named "demo2.sc" which contains code for a test mission that plays a series of gameplay-based scripted cutscenes where several locations around Portland are showcased.

There's even some code for this in the game it seems:

	if(CGame::bDemoMode && CTimer::GetTimeInMilliseconds() > (3*60 + 30)*1000 && !CCutsceneMgr::IsCutsceneProcessing()){
		WANT_TO_LOAD = false;
		FrontEndMenuManager.m_bWantToRestart = true;
		return;
	}

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 12 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.