Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
      4. Frontier Pursuits
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA IV Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA SA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA VC Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA III Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

GTAKid667

Grand Theft Auto III Pre-Release Discussion

Recommended Posts

Adrian90

Found some GTA 3 magazine scans 

Spoiler

50628503_1034224833446996_73915678494556

 

50658140_1034224840113662_18248323173114

 

50448695_1034224853446994_13202472371161

 

50476222_1034224910113655_83461580078301

 

49718005_1022809407921872_23798640389610

 

27067023_806723176197164_239869419028279

 

26993724_806682626201219_213412733219953

 

27458996_806682622867886_349382262484867

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EoflaOE

If this is posted before, then sorry, but I will show this to you. This is one of the magazine scans that shows you an early version of the game (2000) with the "GAME PAUSED" in the middle. And the symbols in the top are the Luigi's club banner. Also, the PS2 devkit is spotted on the bottom left corner.

Source: http://swiatgta.pl/galeria-3-beta-skany-magazynow/

Edited by EoflaOE
Deep check

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zanesix

That says "GAME PAUSED".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EoflaOE

@zanesix Thanks for the clarification. So that means they paused the game. By the way the "symbols" on the top is the Luigi's club banner.

Edited by EoflaOE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thehambone
1 minute ago, EoflaOE said:

By the way the "symbols" on the top is the banner of two women.

That looks like the sign for Luigi's club.

 

latest?cb=20100304220309

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EoflaOE

Thanks @thehambone! By the way do the pre-9/11 builds have serial codes (SLUS-xxxxx)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Donnie IKID

Hey is there any proper source to indicate that rockstar were planning on making a rock station for the game? The only source is gtawiki which I take a grain of salt from. 

Edited by Donnie IKID

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr. Jago
41 minutes ago, Donnie IKID said:

Hey is there any proper source to indicate that rockstar were planning on making a rock station for the game? The only source is gtawiki which I take a grain of salt from. 

there's this snippet from an old IGN article:

Quote

Each car you steal, carjack or accommodate plays a different station, be it country, rock, hip-hop, or techno. And as always, the radio stations are jam-packed with lippy DJs, fictitious commercials, and lots of cocky humor. The music I heard at DMA was remarkably similar to music I hear on the real radio, too.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Donnie IKID
2 minutes ago, Mr. Jago said:

there's this snippet from an old IGN article:

 

I'm curious as to what type of rock it would've played but how would a country station would be an exact fit for gta 3 lol? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sergiu

Both GTA 1 and GTA 2 had some degree of country music so it isn't anything surprising.

 

A good bet is that we will find out what those radios were once the community gets the GTA 3 design document. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Donnie IKID
48 minutes ago, Sergiu said:

Both GTA 1 and GTA 2 had some degree of country music so it isn't anything surprising.

 

A good bet is that we will find out what those radios were once the community gets the GTA 3 design document. 

True but there is no market in here for this city, but in terms of the rock station, since we had classic rock in the previous iterations. Kind of would've made sense that perhaps stikki fingaz wouldve returned. 

 

Design document??? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sergiu

The one that recently got a listing on Ebay, 184 pages long. From December 2000.

 

All about the game, world, missions, characters, world, cars... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thehambone
14 hours ago, EoflaOE said:

Thanks @thehambone! By the way do the pre-9/11 builds have serial codes (SLUS-xxxxx)?

Not sure what you mean. SLUS/SLES codes are region codes for the PS2 game disc, they generally don't change with game versions, and the game wasn't released before 9/11.

If you're talking about the version that has a different Dodo flight path, that's the "first pressing" of the European version of the game. This version has the following:

  • Region code is SLES-50330 (without the '#' sign at the end)
  • DATA/PATHS/FLIGHT2.DAT is larger, file size is 2,636 bytes
  • MAIN.SCM is smaller, file size is 605,327 bytes, and there's a bug preventing 100% completion, however there is a workaround
  • A few other minuscule differences I'm probably forgetting about

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Donnie IKID
1 hour ago, Sergiu said:

The one that recently got a listing on Ebay, 184 pages long. From December 2000.

 

All about the game, world, missions, characters, world, cars... 

Is it possible if you can show a link? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EoflaOE
14 hours ago, thehambone said:

Not sure what you mean. SLUS/SLES codes are region codes for the PS2 game disc, they generally don't change with game versions, and the game wasn't released before 9/11.

If you're talking about the version that has a different Dodo flight path, that's the "first pressing" of the European version of the game. This version has the following:

  • Region code is SLES-50330 (without the '#' sign at the end)
  • DATA/PATHS/FLIGHT2.DAT is larger, file size is 2,636 bytes
  • MAIN.SCM is smaller, file size is 605,327 bytes, and there's a bug preventing 100% completion, however there is a workaround
  • A few other minuscule differences I'm probably forgetting about

I know that the game is released after 9/11. However, do the pre-9/11 discs show the region code? And are they leaked?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EoflaOE
19 hours ago, Sergiu said:

The buyer hasn't shared with the community yet but said that he does intend to at one point. 

 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F274069153476

Nice find. Also, interesting document. Can you scan the entire book with the PDF and PM me the link once you bought it? Because I live in a sanctioned country.

Edited by EoflaOE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
universetwisters
22 hours ago, Sergiu said:

The buyer hasn't shared with the community yet but said that he does intend to at one point. 

 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F274069153476

 

Like I said in the gta 3d mod thread, kinda odd how in the table of contents, Darkel gets his own chapter/section instead of just being clumped in with the rest of the characters

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sergiu
5 hours ago, EoflaOE said:

Nice find. Also, interesting document. Can you scan the entire book with the PDF and PM me the link once you bought it? Because I live in a sanctioned country.

I'd wish but I wasn't the one who bought it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EoflaOE
8 hours ago, Sergiu said:

I'd wish but I wasn't the one who bought it. 

OK. When it's available to buy again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
universetwisters
34 minutes ago, EoflaOE said:

OK. When it's available to buy again.

 

Probably never 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
universetwisters

@Sergiu Sorry for the ping but where did you hear that GTASeriesvideos bought the GDD?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thehambone
1 hour ago, universetwisters said:

@Sergiu Sorry for the ping but where did you hear that GTASeriesvideos bought the GDD?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.