GTA 3 for PC:Not Launching

Gothic+Lucy

This is my first post for in this forum.I don't wish to take up space or anything like that.

My problem is that GTA 3 on my PC does not launch completely.When I start the game the blue Rockstar logo appears and does not continue and then just disappears on the Toolbar.Some of my friends says it works successfully with no problem on their Windows 7's.

I just want to get past this problem to play GTA 3.I don't have much knowledge on computers,only to use it generally.Any ideas or suggestions please to get past this rockstar logo error?

I don't know if this would help you knowing but my computer has...

Processor:AMD phenom 9550 Quad-core processor

2.20 Ghz

Installed memory(RAM):4.00 GB(3.37 usable)

System Type: 32 Bit operating system

My operating system:Windows 7

Try to run it in compatibility mode.
Right-click on GTA III shortcut > Properties > Compatibility > Tick the Compatibility mode.

I'll give it a go. Which Operating system should I use in the mode? Its currently Windows Xp(Service pack 3)

Edited by Gothic+Lucy

It still doesn't work even in the compatibility mode. :( Do I need it in any specific settings like running in 640x480 screen resolution or anything like that?

You can try running it in Windows 98 compatibility mode as well. What resolution is your screen running at?

Maybe your game isn't fully Installed or downloaded ?

and maybe you should have v.1.01 if you don't have?

Make sure to download the official patch, set it to Windows XP (Service Pack 3) compatibility, and add the gta3.exe file to the data execution prevention list.

• 8 years later...

The only reason gta3.exe wont start on modern pc's is that game cant launch properly at multicore processors. Just make .bat file with "start /affinity 1 gta3.exe", put nearby with gta3.exe and launch. And don't forget update to 1.1 version just in case. 
No silentpatch and other patches needed, all native.
Sometimes game definitely wont start even with tips I described. Its more an exception then an issue.