4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Cool Things You Didn't Know About GTA III

Masny

spaceeinstein

Like the crusher crane, the EV crane also generates sound when lifting vehicles. This may be impossible to experience without external assistance. It is so high up that you normally can't hear it.

• Like 2

In the original PS2 copy, when you take Ray to the airport he says "see you in Vice City, kid." but in the PS4 version he says "See you in Miami, kid."

AFAIK no dialouge was ever edited..

Edited by Candy Suxxx

spaceeinstein

Either you're remembering it wrong or your PS2 copy is one-of-a-kind.

Either you're remembering it wrong or your PS2 copy is one-of-a-kind.

You're right. In the mission Marked Man I always thought he mentioned Vice City.

L4B01bzh.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah, that's true. Sometimes I even intentionally block a car by standing in front of it when a prostitute is passing nearby. Then she gets into the car :D

• 1 month later...
Doctor Dollars

Did you know there is a fully functioning analog clock in Staunton's boulevard?

z6wYVlt.png

How did you take this screenshot?

Did you know there is a fully functioning analog clock in Staunton's boulevard?

z6wYVlt.png

How did you take this screenshot?I asked the exact same question, just read a few posts below

• 1 year later...

I'm sure you know that there's an invisible barrier on the sea in the airport zone. What you may not know is that, if you somehow manage to spawn a boat beyond that barrier (with a trainer), the boat will go absolutely crazy. It's going to spin and jump at random. This was discovered by a latin american youtuber named New Games Inspector.

On 9/17/2018 at 5:23 AM, Masny said:

First post updated, great findings everyone! 

Thank you. This post deserved to be updated.

I have plans to make it even more clear and filled with stuff. First step is categorizing stuff (city/pople/gameplay) and second it to make some missing videos about some stuff (wind effects, echo, and other stuff)

BTW, why all my hyperlinks in first post changed and now they are directing to main post? 

Edited by Masny

2 hours ago, Masny said:

BTW, why all my hyperlinks in first post changed and now they are directing to main post? 

I think it has something to do with the forum-wide update, broke some things.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2018 at 8:53 AM, Masny said:

I have plans to make it even more clear and filled with stuff. First step is categorizing stuff (city/pople/gameplay) and second it to make some missing videos about some stuff (wind effects, echo, and other stuff)

Thanks for the update and also thanks for including my stuff. I see that two links from my posts don't work anymore. I guess they were old videos from my channel which were deleted. For the post about destroying the dodo I have a new video

But unfortunately I don't have a new one for the molotov glitch so you should look for other video on youtube.

I didn't know that GTA 1 theme song was included in GTA III Lips 106 radio station but I found it some months ago.

• 1 month later...

Mr. Wong's Laundrette has two sound effects: one for the washing machines and ambient music. The ambient music is a poorly looped bass music, but you can barely listen to it because of the washing machines. Also, there's an unintelligible voice coming from the airport in Terminal B.

• Like 3

When people get caught under a vehicle, you move the analog stick and they die.

I also like when fighting some pedestrians and they're knocked down, they get back up and suddenly die. So funny.

• 2 months later...

- If you use the old man skin with the "play as pedestrian" cheat, gangs won't attack you. Credits to this video: 

- You can use the wooden planks as rafts. This is useful to go to ghost town or another areas. Credits to this video:

-There's a corporation called "Fudge Packing" in Pike Creek. Ignoring the reference to homosexuality of the name, the logo is really similar to the Facebook logo. Strange, considering that this game existed before Facebook was invented. This corporation also exists in GTA Vice City, in Little Havana.

Valentinepackging128

• 1 year later...
Senor DeekHead
On 11/1/2014 at 4:53 AM, Masny said:

zPskc19.jpg
Do you know some cool stuff about GTA3? Share with us!

- There is a way to park a car in underground public toilet in a park on a second island:

Reveal hidden contents

38ywcd5.jpg

- Some buildings are closed at day and open at night (there is even a audio SFX's that plays when the shop is open) - read more about this here;
- You can get into the car crusher with your car, then you will get wasted with 100 health and your body disappears along with the car; (thanks to GTAGuy1995)
- [PC] [PS2 cheats only] Paramedics can only heal people who were hit by a car, beaten to death or shoot in a torso (if the body is missing one or more parts or is burned, the paramedic's gonna just ignore them);
- [PC] [PS2 cheats only] You can tear off somebody's hand/leg/head by shooting a pistol or uzi (very rare) (thanks to thatstupidbug)

Reveal hidden contents

Cheatcode for GORE MODESquare, L1, Circle, Down, L1, R1, Triangle, Right, L1, X

- There is actually a great wind effects. Smoke, trees, leaf, trash-newspaper, water and fire are affected by wind. When car drive over newspaper or leafs on the ground they will move too;
- When you go to big closed arena (like a inside of building or tunnel) an echo can be heard;
- Glass that can be broken (like eg. in Autos shop where the banshee is) are start to crack in a point where we hit;
- This ped have a headphones. We can hear what he is listening to. (thanks to universetwisters)

Reveal hidden contents

maxresdefault.jpg

- In Staunton Island a working thermometer can be found:

Reveal hidden contents

BedfordPointclock-GTA3.jpg

- Did you know there is a fully functioning analog clock in Staunton's boulevard?  (finding this is a Rim's job, good work)

z6wYVlt.png

Reveal hidden contents

Kurowski Station00:07; 01:13; 02:18; 03:24;04:28;05:32;06:38;07:45;08:50;09:55;11:00;12:06;13.12;14:18;15:24;16:30;17:34;18:40;19:45;20:50;21:56;23:02;

- There are two taxi drivers - one [indian] rides everywhere, and second one [one with a blue checkered shirt] only at Saint Marks, Pike Creek and by the airport. (thanks to ssbawesome and Jeansowaty)
- If you go behind Luigi's club, climb up the stairs and, just when you reach the top of the stairs, turn to your left (7 or 8 o'clock), you can see a wall, jump over it and into a glitched area. You'll simply fall through the ground, under the map and then respawn outside the club, in the street, with a bit of your health lost. (thanks to GTAfear)
- In GTA III, hijacking particular cars, hitting particular cars, and destroying vehicles and aircraft will grant the player varying sums of money. However, from Grand Theft Auto:
- There is something hidden behind buildings in portland:

Hide contents

54UiJg1.jpg

- Some gangs have unused quotes they might have used when seeing a female; (thanks to Jeansowaty)

Reveal hidden contents

what are those things, crates?

Jeansowaty

Chunky Lee Chong has a unique scream if you kill him.

• Like 4

thehambone
7 hours ago, Jeansowaty said:

He also has unique dialogue!

Jeansowaty
51 minutes ago, thehambone said:

He also has unique dialogue!

I didn't mention that since I thought most people know it :) but indeed he does.

- If you run/walk against elder pedestrians, they will fall down, obviously in reference that they are too weak. I know this because of GTA Wiki.

- At the front door of Uncle BJ's, there's a sign with the picture of a pedestrian's face and the words "#1 employee, Bob". I talked about that in a topic, but I don't know if you read it. Strange thing is, there's actually a character named Bob who appears in Chatterbox FM, but that Bob lives in Shoreside Vale, and Uncle BJ's is located in Staunton Island. Another strange thing about that sign is that it can't be seen during the cutscene that takes place in the business during mission Shima. God knows why. Here's the picture (taken from GTA Underground):

bob.jpg

Senor DeekHead
13 hours ago, Jeansowaty said:

really? i never knew?

Not sure if it's already been mentioned and I'm sure some of the modders already know this, but any of the roads/buildings that seemingly have a reflection (such as some of the Staunton streets or the big building next to Staunton's Police Station) are actually flipped upside down and placed underneath the map to give the illusion of reflection - the same technique was used for the Moist Palms hotel in Vice City.

Edited by Blaze