Cool Things You Didn't Know About GTA III

Masny

Before reading the above posts, I knew that you have to do at LEAST 10 kills in a row for bonus. After reading previous posts, I thought that you have to score exactly 10 kills in a row for the bonus to get activated and after that cancel/end mission, which I did on last save I did last summer (10 kills in a row in 2 rounds, in SI and SV). Sorry for confusion.

Whatever. "# kills-in-a-row" bonuses are rewarded instantly. And once that happens for 10 kills, you instantly get a "get out of jail free card", no need to cancel Vigilante after that. (confirmed on PS2) Edited by Arsen Vitiuk

Yeah but when I did SI and SV vigilante, I did 10 in a row because I didn't have patience to do all 20 in a row like I did on Portland. And that was before I found out about this "get out of jail free card" thing. At least I will keep in mind for next playthrough, so that I will try to do 20 kills in a row in all islands.

• 4 weeks later...

Just played a mission cutting the grass on PS2 [double pack edition] and the taxi trick did not want to work.... how weird.

After years of playing I just realized that the Killer Bee dialogue on Lazlow's show is a Wu Tang reference (atleast I think it is).

tRSmCi4.gif

eIwMuPG.png

Just realised this van is implying that your mother has a vagina that smells like fish.

• Like 9

tRSmCi4.gif

there's no pole to support the flags in Easy Credit Autos (on the part near the entrance to 8-Balls.)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I spent around 7 & 1/2 hours yesterday fixing the Spanish .gxt for a friend that doesn't speak English(GTA 3's translation is ABYSMAL), and noticed a couple of'new'names(most of them cut content, though).

Turns out Marty Chonks exists, and gives you some missions I never even heard of! :lol:

I spent around 7 & 1/2 hours yesterday fixing the Spanish .gxt for a friend that doesn't speak English(GTA 3's translation is ABYSMAL), and noticed a couple of'new'names(most of them cut content, though).

Turns out Marty Chonks exists, and gives you some missions I never even heard of! :lol:

You didn't know about Marty Chonks phone missions?

• 2 months later...

You can crash your game by flying DODO on PS2, while on PC you can't (as far I know). Here is my video how to crash a game on PS2:

• 4 weeks later...

-When I first played GTA 3, I noticed the carjacker guy sometimes punches other pedestrians and he runs away or fights back.

I think the thugs are pickpocketing, because once they walk away you can see a little animation that looks like they're flipping through notes

Also if you aim at a criminal, who has robbed somebody, so that he sees you, he will drop money on the ground:

Fooking Rekt

this looks more like a mod, not a real feature

What does?

spaceeinstein

It's not a mod, it is actually part of the game. I'm surprised anyone can discover this without looking into the code. In Vice City there is leftover code for this feature but I don't think thieves can steal money in that game.

Edited by spaceeinstein

It's not a mod, it is actually part of the game. I'm surprised anyone can discover this without looking into the code. In Vice City there is leftover code for this feature but I don't think thieves can steal money in that game.

In fact, I've found it as a leftover code in Vice City exe. At some point I even decided that this is unfinished feature of Vice City, until I tested it in III.

• Like 3

Bit aiming is for consoles only... How can you do this on PC

You can switch between standard and classic controls in controller settings.

universetwisters

They also had a thermometer that showed the temperature in the same square.

Goddamn, it's amazing that this game is 15 years old and people are still finding stuff for it.

sTgL5iS.png

spaceeinstein

Goddamn, it's amazing that this game is 15 years old and people are still finding stuff for it.

People will always discover new stuff that others may have known already. There will never be any shortage of new stuff to discover as long as people are still playing the game (or until the entire game is thoroughly documented but we aren't even close to that point yet).

Did you know there is a fully functioning analog clock in Staunton's boulevard?

I bet you discovered this while re-texturing Staunton :D

inadequate

Totally agree with you. I want to see this haha, I will connect my PS2 right now. :D

Did you know there is a fully functioning analog clock in Staunton's boulevard?

I bet you discovered this while re-texturing Staunton :D

Nah, I've found it years ago by flying the Dodo, I think. It was a lucky accident.

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of weeks ago I found out in Vice City about a glitch where Tommy disappears out of the car if you let someone enter your car from the passenger door but only if the door is destroyed or you are driving cars without doors such as BF Injection. For a while I wondered if it can also be done in GTA 3, so I went ahead and tried to see if I can reproduce the same glitch. Now I just found out that same can happen in GTA 3, although it's a bit more different. If you steal a car and let the ped get back into the car, let him/her open the passenger door to get back into your car and during that time, just drive away. Then you will notice Claude disappears for 1-2 seconds and the ped takes its place but after that, car stops and Claude automatically reappears and gets out of the car, unlike in VC where AI drives the car for you and you can stop whenever you want. Also unlike in VC, the passenger door doesn't need to be missing or to be destroyed, the ped opens the door and gets in like normal. I think it also works with the carjackers but I haven't tried yet. I don't have a video or a screenshot to show the glitch in action but I'm sure you can reproduce the glitch easily, just try with a taxi, it works best. But make sure driver just wants to get in car and not attacking you.

You can find the VC topic here where I posted about the same glitch 3 weeks ago: http://gtaforums.com/topic/744901-cool-things-you-didnt-know-about-vice-city/?p=1068787995

Edited by GTAGuy1995

III ERA LIBERTY CITY IS IN MICHIGAN evidently.

......And now III is a much better game to me!

• 1 month later...
.Claude Liberty.

Another thing you maybe didn't know: You only need to complete 29 missions to get to the final mission '' The Exchage''