2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

universetwisters

Cool Things You Didn't Know About Vice City

The Rockstar Gamer 108

In 'Sir Yes Sir!' Mission, if you destroy every army truck and kill all the marching soldiers, the soldiers driving the tank will come out automatically and follow Tommy.

Shagg_E

Didn't notice this before, but here sounds funeral music between 10 and 11 am...

2vDYu.jpg

Ertan Soner

Didn't notice this before, but here sounds funeral music between 10 and 11 am...

2vDYu.jpg

What happened to Tommy's head? :lol:

Shagg_E

What happened to Tommy's head? :lol:

He don't like this music...

I know, but it's still unpleasant to hear this music at 10 AM... Edited by Shagg_E

Blaze

i've always wondered about the north wheelie glitch and have never seen any posts about it; pulling up for wheelies at high speed when going north is hard and sometimes refuses to happen but go south and it's fine.

gts.

2vDYu.jpg

Nice, I just confirmed this on PS2.

Shagg_E

Using player model cheats(like ONEARMEDBANDIT) or changing player model by scripts will change player model in cutscene.
2xpBv.jpg

BUT! Works with this models only:

"igken""igcandy""igsonny""igbuddy""igjezz""ighlary""igphil""igmerc""igdick""igdiaz"
Edited by Shagg_E

sseebbyy

a bunch of lions
bush*

EDIT: It might not be obvious, but there is a Lion face represented in the bush. :D

6UnQ3Wt.png

Edited by sseebbyy

UncleSal

There's a glitch that you can enter in the Greasy Chopper. I tested in PS2 and PC, works just fine.

Jack Lupino

You can never fall down from top to bottom floor inside the lighthouse in ocean beach. The stairs block you.

You can persuade police or pedestrian into the lighthouse

piko

There's a whole bunch of movie references in the game but here's some I didn't know before:

-When attempting vigilante with Hunter, the missions name will be Brown Thunder, this is a reference to a 1983 movie Blue Thunder with a similar attack chopper

-The parked Comet in Starfish Island and the mansion it's in is taken from the movie Grand Theft Auto from 1977

-There's a random pedestrian in the game who resembles Gordon Gecko from Wall Street-movie from 1987, he also quotes a line from the movie "Greed is good"

-Another random pedestrian wearing red swim trunks quotes American Psycho-film from 2000 with "Get out of my way if you want to keep your spleen"

Edited by piko

Skayz

If you don't kill Pierre La Ponce in Mall shotout, he will enter in a building in Vice Point, and you'll fail the mission

Jack Lupino

In Marthas Mugshot mission you can kill the driver of the limo before candy suxx enters it.

The limo will drive by itself once she enters the car.

jaljax

Not sure if this has been mentioned already , but if you fly up to the highest point of the game in a chopper or a plane when you look at each island they'll represent the beta version if you have not loaded into one part of the map .

One prime example of this is the infamous "Ghost Tower" because you can clearly see the control tower from the beta in the distance & another example is if you look where the stadium is if you haven't loaded into the one part of the map like i mentioned previously ... The stadium will not be there & this is because it represents the beta version .

Shagg_E

if you fly up to the highest point of the game in a chopper or a plane when you look at each island they'll represent the beta version if you have not loaded into one part of the map

Yeah, it's MegaLODs: IslandLODbeach.dff and IslandLODmainland.dff, declared in data\maps\islandsf\islandsf.ide and located in data\maps\islandsf\islandsf.ipl

EiF0hn

They actually used stock music (at least) once on Emotion FM

Stock music used in a youtube video:

Stock music used in Vice City:

Axirion
Posted (edited)

Hello,

here are just few things which I found on 2010-2012 when I played VC and never seen it on forums before:

Ghost rocks:

Spoiler

gta_vc_2018_06_09_19_18_14_84.png

invisible at night:

Spoiler

gta_vc_2018_06_09_19_25_50_77.png

gta_vc_2018_06_09_19_27_17_69.png

Interesting caffe name:

Spoiler

gta_vc_2018_06_09_19_21_06_03.png

Everyone knows that soldiers at FBAB will not attack you if Tommy wear cop uniform,
but also they will ignore you if you driving Hunter or you are in this zone:

Spoiler

gta_vc_2018_06_09_19_22_07_05.png

gta_vc_2018_06_09_19_23_24_30.png

Also two ways to get to Leaf Links before its unlocked:
On this way you will need fast car or bike:

Spoiler

gta_vc_2018_06_09_18_59_48_52.png

Here you need PCJ-600:

Spoiler

KEd_2018_06_09_19_50_15_27.png

This springboard is invisible sometimes, but still solid and can be used to pass the river:

Spoiler

gta_vc_2018_06_09_18_07_51_18.png

gta_vc_2018_06_09_18_08_58_33.png

I'm sorry for my english grammar or if it was here before.

Edited by Axirion

thehambone

Wow, nice finds @Axirion! I never knew about the objects disappearing at night.

Axirion

@thehambone thank you, also one more interesting thing:

This trick is opcode feature and can't be called in game.
In some missions like 'Phnom Penh '86' or 'Supply and Demand' the player is attached to vehicle with a gun.
In mission script this is done by '0464:' opcode (put character in turret mode on car)
So if in this opcode the vehicle handle (variable) is invalid, the game will attach player to...

Spoiler

...airplane:
1ZLYWyn.jpg

Looks pretty funny :)

flgta

The cool thing I knew about Vice City recently is that I still have the original CD game and playbook since 2002. Oh Grand Theft oh mighty. Now I wonder if I should get a refurbished(?) PS2 or buy new. I just miss the PS2 system and some of the games on it. I wonder if I can still have the Haiti missions? Wasn't something or other taken off the remastered ones? I don't know, but I'm glad I still have the original game. I hope it can still play.

Motorik

There's a secret office in the Cherry Popper factory, behind the save icon. It can only be seen with trainers or through the "rocket launcher cheat". It's really dark so it's hard to notice. I know it because of GTA Wiki (Yes, I know you don't always believe in what it says, but this is true). Sorry, I don't know how to post pictures, but you can confirm it easily. And sorry for my english, too.

There's another secret I forgot to tell you. You need a trainer to see it. There are two pink markers above the Pole Position, and they activate the stripper dances (there's only one if you haven't unlocked the special dance yet).

Edited by Motorik

The Eddo

Two new finds:

1. Having any weapon that uses slot 5 (the one used by SMGs) will allow you to do drive-bys with it, I once set the M4 to use slot 5 in weapon.dat and I was able to do drive-bys with it! But the firing rate is always the same.

2. The player can ACTUALLY move while crouching! Normally, if you crouch and try to move, you'll see Tommy legs twitch but he won't move because some bone animations will have to be deleted to "free" the bones from a "movement lock". I deleted those bones with some messing around once and the result was Tommy floating in thin air slightly above his actual position, performing the static crouch animation. I was still able to move, however.

The Eddo

I've heard that some "Green Pepper" version of VC has an improved game saving algorithm: if the save you loaded is incompatible with the SCM, the game will display a text and then initialize the currently in-use SCM from the beginning. Heh-heh, pretty neat, eh?:)

Axirion

1) If cop is armed with a pistol (for example if he was chasing you and you lost your wanted level) and if he will find 'bad guy', he will chase him with pistol (and will shoot him), instead of chase with nightstick as usual.

2) Get a gun which can aim (Ruger, M4, M60, Sniper/Laser rifle, Rocket Launcher) and get in beach beacon. When inside, turn on and then turn off aim. The game will change your camera like on PS2 until you will get out of beacon.
Screenshots:

Spoiler

NomFPSj.jpg

nsfXFDA.jpg

VgaBcEE.jpg

If0y9RR.jpg

also sorry for my english grammar :(

MrAlexxV

lol apparently this Shady Acres which is mentioned in Emotion fm is real..I didnt know it was real, thought some random name game changed for the use but i guess its real. and its in Tampa, Miami..

2LYf9.jpg

Edited by MrAlexxV