3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

greenrock

has anyone noticed that all gta protagonist are mostly liberal

greenrock

has anyone noticed that, that pretty much every GTA protagonist we have had has pretty much been socially liberal.....hell even Trevor, who you would think is some right-wing redneck, is probably the most liberal character in GTA V and GTA overall...

Niko was pretty liberal as well..Mike and Frank can both be seen as liberal as well

I don't really give a shyt....but its just something i noticed...

i also noticed in GTA V and past GTA characters, its only the trio that is somewhat smart and logical, while everyone around them is pretty much a brain dead moron, besides lester.....

Edited by greenrock

Officer Ronson

fewkin leeberals.

S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

trevor doesn't pay tax, hates the government, etc so he's probably fairly conservative about government and economics...

it's just that most any video game protagonist is likely going to be socially liberal because they're meant to be appealing (playable, immersive, relateable, attachable) to all different types of people

and a socially conservative character is probably not going do that very well.... nor is it going to help the game sell or stay out of bad press on cnn and foxnews

universetwisters

I dunno man, Michael seems to be against his son drinking/smoking weed and against Tracey sleeping around.

Osho

I also noticed in GTA V and past GTA characters, its only the trio that is somewhat smart and logical

Don't believe so, I've loaded it up several times, and everytime its about you ( trio ) being always someone else's little bitch, except I just got bored and frustrated more with these three little bitches than in the past GTA games.

while everyone around them is pretty much a brain dead moron, besides lester.....

And yet people call the game a masterpiece, so ....

Doland J. Trump

I think Trevor's the most conservative protagonist GTA has ever had and I hope we get more like him. I don't think Michael is a liberal, probably a moderate considering he hates the lifestyle of both of his kids. Franklin is probably the most liberal out of the three. Also, I don't get how a conservative redneck wouldn't appeal to people, hell i'd like it even more.

Edited by AndrewDeSanta

killahmatic

has anyone noticed that, that pretty much every GTA protagonist we have had has pretty much been socially liberal.....

No, i haven't noticed because that would be the last thing I would pay attention to in a videogame. enough political bs in real life. No body should fit into a specific label.

matajuegos01

it would be interesting to see a racist/homophobic character however that would not fare well with the public let alone the media

The Other Dude

What does "socially liberal" even mean? As others have pointed out the protagonists all have different aspects to their personalities and view the world differently. The only common thing I noticed among most of the protagonists is that they will do whatever they need to in order to survive, protect people they care about and make money. GTA protagonists are crooks and thats why I play the games.I don't want to play as "liberal" crooks or "conservative" crooks. Leave that petty non-sense where it thrives, IN POLITICS.

felinegood

The word "liberal" is thrown around way too much nowadays just like "gluten-free" and "swag"

YA BOY DIRT

liberal

liberal

liberal

Princess-bride-image.jpg

Edited by DirtSPP

Luddite

Was watching the Ken Burns series about the Roosevelts recently.

A line attributed to Delano's father was something like:

"I don't say that all Democrats are horse-thieves, just that all horse-thieves are Democrats."

greenrock

idk........Trevor has some liberal leanings.

Luddite

Trevor is liberal. He wants to do what he wants and demands that others do what he wants. If he doesn't get his way he whines and acts all preachy because he is there to "save" you from your life which he deems inapproriate.

... wait. He's.... dammit.

He's both ends of the spectrum guising as an anarchist.

edit: ...Had to add Trev's sense of moral superiority over all others which also applies to both left and right politically.

Edited by Luddite

MrVance

it would be interesting to see a racist/homophobic character however that would not fare well with the public let alone the media

I was thinkink about it myself.

I mean R* went above all limits with V, they even included torture and sexual abusing (Trevor does it to Floyd) but yet they still don`t dare to put in some racism or homophobia.

What`s worse, torture and homosexual abusing or racism and homophobia?

In a game where you can`t win a gold medal for a mission if you don`t use all the torture tools on poor guy and where you need to watch how a grown man sexualy abuses his friend`s cousin wearing a pink piyama, a little racism or gay-hating would be the least concerning thing.

Brock Elvis

Liberalism is fantastic!

American Viking

I have, but I use video games to escape reality so I don't look to much into it. GTA V tries way too hard to please everyone though. If it were true to life, Trevor would be a racist meth dealer who would have absolutely zero to do with Franklin. Even if Trevor wasn't a racist, their lifestyles make them highly incompatible. Franklin would be the typical hood and he sure in the heck wouldn't want handouts from old white Michael. I just leave the politics at the door. If they made characters truer to life like what I stated, it would not go over well. We live in a touchy feely society where people can get offended at absolutely nothing, and Rockstar will always do what's best for business.

Edited by American Alpha

ddyoung

How does this even make sense? It's a video game, not politics.

Onett

What the f*ck is a liberal and should I care?

Drunken Cowboy

Because the Housers are Brits and think they're geniuses on American politics.

"You guys just hate all Immigrants and have 1000 guns because you're stupid rednecks, right?"

MrPeteyMax

"You guys just hate all Immigrants and have 1000 guns because you're stupid rednecks, right?"

Sounds like they've got it spot on.

Edited by MrPeteyMax

El Zodape

I was thinkink about it myself.

I mean R* went above all limits with V, they even included torture and sexual abusing (Trevor does it to Floyd) but yet they still don`t dare to put in some racism or homophobia.

What`s worse, torture and homosexual abusing or racism and homophobia?

In a game where you can`t win a gold medal for a mission if you don`t use all the torture tools on poor guy and where you need to watch how a grown man sexualy abuses his friend`s cousin wearing a pink piyama, a little racism or gay-hating would be the least concerning thing.

Everyone keeps talking about Trevor raping Floyd.

Afaik, spooning is not even close to being considered "rape" or "sexual abuse".

AzelfandQuilava

The games have always had a bit of both sides in them. I for one loved kicking the shi*t out of that homophobic in GTA IV.

Nico

has anyone noticed that, that pretty much every GTA protagonist we have had has pretty much been socially liberal.....

No, i haven't noticed because that would be the last thing I would pay attention to in a videogame. enough political bs in real life. No body should fit into a specific label.

Pretty much this.

Money Over Bullshit

I would say Johnny and Michael would probably vote Republican although neither of them can vote. Niko also seems pretty conservative despite his claim that Capitalism is a dirty business. I don't think you can really classify any of the protagonists as having strong enough political ideologies though. Most people would probably consider themselves on the left side of the spectrum but would rather pay lower taxes and not have to sit next to a muslim on a bus. Criminals are most times antipolitical though, they would rather live in a world where there are no laws and everyone just does as they please. The funny thing is if it weren't for capitalism there would be no reason to persue wealth and GTA's persuit of the Almighty Dollar and the American Dream would be obsolete. If the protagonists were only in it for the thrills then why not just throw the money away?

Edited by Money Over Bullshit

TrevorSpeed914

ITT: GTA fans don't understand American politics.

MrPeteyMax

ITT: GTA fans don't understand American politics.

You vote for a president and he nukes the oil countries, I UNDERSTAND IT 100%!

MrVance

I would say Johnny and Michael would probably vote Republican although neither of them can vote. Niko also seems pretty conservative despite his claim that Capitalism is a dirty business. I don't think you can really classify any of the protagonists as having strong enough political ideologies though. Most people would probably consider themselves on the left side of the spectrum but would rather pay lower taxes and not have to sit next to a muslim on a bus. Criminals are most times antipolitical though, they would rather live in a world where there are no laws and everyone just does as they please. The funny thing is if it weren't for capitalism there would be no reason to persue wealth and GTA's persuit of the Almighty Dollar and the American Dream would be obsolete. If the protagonists were only in it for the thrills then why not just throw the money away?

Niko`s quote about "capitalism is a dirty bussines" is a nice dig at Serbia and it`s people. Looks like R* done a homework on this one.Serbs all hate capitalism and they all hate USA and NATO. And they LOVE RUSSIA, they consider Russia as their alies and USA as their enemies. Which is somewhat understandable since NATO bombed them but they called this on themselves by slaughtering people in Bosnia 1994 and comiting the biggest genocide after WW2 holocaust..

I haven`t met a single Serbian yet who wouldn`t hate USA or NATO for that matter. So, Niko must be the same.

They are republicans though, but in a very diferent manners that US republicans.

People outside USA has their own cliches about understanding US politics. They see republicans as a bunch of thick minded hicks who`d like to build a 20m high walls across the USA and exterminate all imigrants. They see quite oposite in democrats.

But we all know that isn`t a complete truth.

So you can`t really excpect common people outside USA should understand US politics properly.

And btw, bringing politics into GTA world is absurd, we just want to have some fun playing GTA and not thinkink which protag is a republican or which is democrat. They don`t give a f*ck about that, they are all greedy psychos who care about cash and power only.

Acegunn

Niko`s quote about "capitalism is a dirty bussines" is a nice dig at Serbia and it`s people. Looks like R* done a homework on this one.Serbs all hate capitalism and they all hate USA and NATO. And they LOVE RUSSIA, they consider Russia as their alies and USA as their enemies. Which is somewhat understandable since NATO bombed them but they called this on themselves by slaughtering people in Bosnia 1994 and comiting the biggest genocide after WW2 holocaust..

I haven`t met a single Serbian yet who wouldn`t hate USA or NATO for that matter. So, Niko must be the same.

They are republicans though, but in a very diferent manners that US republicans.

People outside USA has their own cliches about understanding US politics. They see republicans as a bunch of thick minded hicks who`d like to build a 20m high walls across the USA and exterminate all imigrants. They see quite oposite in democrats.

But we all know that isn`t a complete truth.

So you can`t really excpect common people outside USA should understand US politics properly.

And btw, bringing politics into GTA world is absurd, we just want to have some fun playing GTA and not thinkink which protag is a republican or which is democrat. They don`t give a f*ck about that, they are all greedy psychos who care about cash and power only.

Ohh how we forget Pol Pot, Mao, and Stalin all of which killed over 20 million of their own 2 of which passed gun control laws similar to what majority Democrats in U.S. want. And before you say "Ohh you are just another dumb redneck teabagging Republican." I'm actually Independent. I'm Pro-choice, Pro-gay marriage, Pro-Gun, for small government.

Edited by Acegunn

kipakolonyasi

mostly Lazlow arranges those things in GTA games Lazlow Jones. American.