1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

[REL|IV] RIL.Budgeted - population budget adjuster/taxi bug fix

NTAuthority

At least I got that right in the source file (or not) :p

Edited by ThirteenAG

Well can we have a confirmation for EFLC compatibiliy to be done or not? I really do like this mod, just wondering this bit since EFLC, especially TBoGT has a lot of extra features that I would use. Also, thank you for finally properly fixing this annoying bug. If you can't or don't want to do the compatibility, at least let us know which parts of the script code needs to be adjusted, provided you don't have a problem for that.(You WILL be credited properly of course)

RIL.Budgeted with EFLC 1.1.2.0 support (though it's untested)

Happy New Year everyone!

At least I got that right in the source file (or not) :p

compile error? its not working :(

any way thanks for trying

What? Compiled .asi already in the archive.

What? Compiled .asi already in the archive.

I used NTA's original RIL.Budgeted.ini file with ur asi. Isn't that the correct way? I still have taxi bug.

I used NTA's original RIL.Budgeted.ini file with ur asi. Isn't that the correct way? I still have taxi bug.

Did you change the values in the .ini? Edited by NTAuthority

Did you change the values in the .ini?

it's working (I was not using xliveless.after applying xliveless it's working). Thanks a bunch for finding this solid solution for taxi bug. I knew you would find it some day;

With citizenFX you can break many limitations within GTA right. So do you think, you maybe able to fix the taxi bug without triggering any texture disappearances.

I'm pretty much sure this taxi bug occurs because of a resource limitation of rage engine. I think that's why some managed to fix it using commandline parameters. Sadly it doesn't work for everyone and must have a super pc to fix the texture bug with commandline.

So can you please look into this matter too?

Sorry that i'm not a supergenius when it comes to sh*t like this, but if I use this with a completely stock vehicles.img and adjust the values will I see better traffic variation?

EDIT:Yep, this is sweet. Way better than any of those BS traffic loading scripts.

A friend wants to know if this will effect MP, will it?

Edited by RM76

A friend wants to know if this will effect MP, will it?

The changed data is in a read/write segment, and therefore shouldn't trigger LIVE's anti-cheat crash. In addition, synced vehicle loading ignores this counter - though one should note that this is only effective in MP if the player owning the map sector's traffic spawning has the mod.

Alright, thanks for clarifying.

I have a bug where when I drive out of the airport a FlyUS Feroci, Perennial and even sometimes an Airtug spawns on the highway. I actually had the game crash today driving into Willis from Francis International Airport, don't know if that caused it. Any way to fix it?

Edited by RM76

This is so awesome! I'm running alongside Middle Park gawking at the variety of vehicles stuck in traffic. Thank you NTAuthority and ThirteenAG!

Download from first post, I believe the archive is reuploaded there.

Edited by ThirteenAG

This mod is gr8, but I'm not sure I'm doing this right.

I am using vanila game vehicles but I would love to have diversity in the traffic. Should I place the weight of stock vehicle.img in the RIL.Budgeted.ini or can I put any suitable value. I have 16 GB of RAM and 4 GB of video mem.

Also should I use with this mod np. traffic load and increase car spawn cycle through this or this would be necessary.

Finally is this last version of mod working with Episodes?

Thank you kindly for answer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have a question. After I unzip it into plugins folder, I have to manually enter sizes of vehicles and peds archives in kilobytes into INI file, right? So, I figured out that the first line, VehicleBudget, should contain the size of the vehicles.img archive, but what about the second one, PedBudget? Should it be the size of componentpeds.img, pedprops.img, or maybe playerped.rpf? It just ain't that clear, so I want to make sure.

I have a question. After I unzip it into plugins folder, I have to manually enter sizes of vehicles and peds archives in kilobytes into INI file, right? So, I figured out that the first line, VehicleBudget, should contain the size of the vehicles.img archive, but what about the second one, PedBudget? Should it be the size of componentpeds.img, pedprops.img, or maybe playerped.rpf? It just ain't that clear, so I want to make sure.

I'd assume it only includes componentpeds parts, and maybe playerped - at least, all dependencies of the ped modelinfo.

Sorry for my ignorance, but does this mod also fix the texture fading when the vehicles.img is to large ?

no, if that happens to you it'd only get worse as you're clearly exceeding your allotted video memory allowance, unless the vehicles have highly complex collision models causing the in-memory streaming heap to end up full (as it is fixed in size), but I've not seen that happen yet

also on 32-bit Windows you may have even more issues with video memory allowance as you don't get the full 4 GB of address space for Direct3D's 'managed' backing store (which is totally unneeded except to handle cases where people set -availablevidmem above their actual VRAM, but that's irrelevant to the issue at hand).

Edited by NTAuthority

Thanks for your answer. So there's no way to fix that problem except buying a new videocard ? Would a mod be possible that automatically clears the VRam cache so that the problem won't occur after a few minutes.

Thanks for your answer. So there's no way to fix that problem except buying a new videocard ? Would a mod be possible that automatically clears the VRam cache so that the problem won't occur after a few minutes.

with the default 40 MB budget there's usually no way (unless you use one of these third-party 'force loading' scripts, which is really a bad idea and you should not use those as those will obviously use up all streaming memory with 'more important' models as they're allegedly needed for script) this will prevent the map itself from loading properly unless you trigger this awkward situation where the game detects free virtual memory and you end up with the streaming garbage collection on exiting the pause menu clearing the entire map

what's your current VRAM amount, and RAM/OS architecture? also if you could post a link to a vehicle pack (preferably already hosted on an existing site) that triggers this I could try reproducing this by artifically altering the game parameters to see if I can do something about the map being second in priority to whatever other objects attemptt ob e loaded.

Edited by NTAuthority

Thanks again, i'm using a gtx 670 2gb and 8gb ddr3 ram with windows 8,1.

My vehicles.img is quite large, 421 mb. It's the ultimate vehicle pack v11 by "ZZCOOL" plus a few handpicked cars.

The game itself runs perfectly smooth.

Best discovery since release thank you ! fixes alot of problems with peds and cars for me.

If the same bug is in gta5 I will be looking in your direction.

amazing find thanks alot !

@ Apocalypse To me it seems cars with large texture files is mostly the cause of that. I have large veh.img + alot of extra cars but try to keep texture files under 3mb

that fixed the texture popping for me.

If someone is interested, this mod isn't compatible with other scripts like JulioNIB's last mod, the sticky bombs. Game crashes after a few minutes playing with the bombs. I removed RIL and now it works perfect.

EDIT: Now tested and is neither compatible with the tank script.

Edited by Nicolas Chiribelo

If someone is interested, this mod isn't compatible with other scripts like JulioNIB's last mod, the sticky bombs. Game crashes after a few minutes playing with the bombs. I removed RIL and now it works perfect.

EDIT: Now tested and is neither compatible with the tank script.

Hmm, I wonder why this is...

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

I'd like to thank you for the hard work regarding this fix. I'm using a light car park (277MB) with this and I haven't had any issues or missing textures so far. I'll continue to testing and see how it works. Right now I'm using Icehancer 3.0 with the light car pack. Been working great so far.

System:

I7 4770k @ stock

8GB DDR3

GTX 760 2GB @ stock

• 2 months later...

(sorry for the bump, but this needs to be reported)
EFLC version has one error, the game will hard-freeze in the Acter Industrial Park, It's happened once in TLAD, once in TBOGT.

Game is completely stock, and i'm not running a toaster either.
1.1.7.0, box copy brought on release.

And of course it gets ignored. Guess all the gossipers calling the OP a jackass were right.

Edited by RM76

• 3 months later...

EFLC version has one error, the game will hard-freeze in the Acter Industrial Park, It's happened once in TLAD, once in TBOGT.

And of course it gets ignored. Guess all the gossipers calling the OP a jackass were right.

Hey, go easy on the guy. He didn't reply to you as he had some IRL issues - hadn't been on his PC for months.

I'll try replicating the bug and see if I can find a fix for it.

EDIT: Could you be more specific? The area has many nav zones.

Edited by avail

Hey, go easy on the guy. He didn't reply to you as he had some IRL issues - hadn't been on his PC for months.

I'll try replicating the bug and see if I can find a fix for it.

EDIT: Could you be more specific? The area has many nav zones.

xuCSm0v.png

The roads around the giant gas storage tanks, not the freeway above it.

Edited by RM76

xuCSm0v.png

The roads around the giant gas storage tanks, not the freeway above it.

Time of day could help reproducing as well just to make sure in case the popcycle groups vary a lot.

Though, just like the crash above claiming 'incompatibility with script modifications', this seems like an awkward issue... unless somehow population ends up failing to call MakeSpaceFor (a freeze would be the behavior for this occurring in SA - IIRC IV actually would give an error code in this case, but that might've been a later game as well).