2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

When realism isn't always a good thing

gpm45

So I tried to log on today and got bumped backed to single player, I decided to spend some time in there because no multi-player and I havn't played SP in a long time. First thing I notice is that it looks better and seems more realistic, I am not sure all the things that are different it just seems more real. So I started some mayhem and when the I was surrounded by cops I didn't last long and I was shot down dead, normally I would have lasted much longer in a fight with the cops, then I noticed that when I do die I don't just spawn half a block away I show up at the hospital and I am $5000 poorer because of my rampage. I steal a car start driving like I normally do in online and I find my car does not last very long and it becomes difficult to steer and impossible to get away from the police so I again jump out with my assault rifle, and again I am quickly shot down. I played for awhile longer but quickly realized that with higher consequences it changed the feel of the game. The online world can be pretty ridiculous at times and I often wished for more realism now I am not sure how I feel about more realism in the game.

Do you think it would be better or worse if the game was more like real life?

Much better. Itll separate the noob players from the experienced ones.

Id actually like it if my car wrecked into a million pieces when crashing at high speed instead of crashing hot wheels cars like it currently is

Id like for the cars also behave realistically since this stiff as a board suspension is horrendous

same thing with weapons. The 1" MOA of the minigun doesnt even make sense

Edited by Winning001

i think it would be better because our milk would expire and we would need to urinate every few hours.

i think it would be better because our milk would expire and we would need to urinate every few hours.

That's exactly what I was thinking! I'd spent most of the game driving around, trying to find a decent restroom.

No thanks.

• Like 2

it gets kind of boring killing the same noobs over and again, maybe if they had some incentive like, if they died they died they would come with a more strategic approach and make things more interesting.

Crunch McThornbody

Yeah I also noticed how cars become much more difficult to drive the more you smash them up in storymode, even with 100% armor, and you have a much higher chance to break a wheel off - when was the last time that happened to you in Online? I can only remember one time, smashing my Entity into a Titan multiple times at high speed just to see how much and what sort of damage it would do.

But can you imagine the effect of smashing through your windscreen when crashing at high speed would do to those insane chases during Online sessions with other players or in missions? The right nudge at the right time could send the person you're chasing (or is chasing you) right into an immovable object, they would smash through the windscreen and instantly die.

Realism < Fun.

I mean, I play a game to have fun, not to "simulate" real life. That's The Sims' job.

Edited by EZza2647

It would be better if we had real cars and real places that people would know and recognise. But that would never happen.

Edited by Nenzo
  • Like 1

Realism < Fun.

I mean, I play a game to have fun, not to "simulate" real life. That's The Sims' job.

yeah but fun quickly becomes trolling and realism doesnt always mean taking a shower everyday. there is a balance. for noobs its always best to kill everything that moves, for experienced players it becomes more abouta fully fleshed out gta experienced. stealth was implemented for a reason.

• Like 1

Imagine that instead of killing people in every fight, you could just seriously wound them. They'd have to spend two months in the hospital before they could play again, and they'd be so mentally scarred that they'd be afraid to go anywhere near a car.

Imagine that instead of killing people in every fight, you could just seriously wound them. They'd have to spend two months in the hospital before they could play again, and they'd be so mentally scarred that they'd be afraid to go anywhere near a car.

is that 2 months in gta time ( 2 days)? what if they had a good doctor and were out in 20 minutes?

Realism < Fun.

yeah but fun quickly becomes trolling and realism doesnt always mean taking a shower everyday. there is a balance. for noobs its always best to kill everything that moves, for experienced players it becomes more abouta fully fleshed out gta experienced. stealth was implemented for a reason.

Fun doesn't always turn to trolling. Trolling comes in when one person messes with fun, which ends in a massive fight.

Massively realistic body deformation in vehicular accidents, causing your vehicle to be un-drivable isn't exactly fun.... And stealth is pretty much useless in a game with over-sensitive radar.

Realism < Fun.

Fun doesn't always turn to trolling. Trolling comes in when one person messes with fun, which ends in a massive fight.

Massively realistic body deformation in vehicular accidents, causing your vehicle to be un-drivable isn't exactly fun.... And stealth is pretty much useless in a game with over-sensitive radar.

hence why the radar can be disabled. Also evreyone in freemode has bulletproof wheels which takes away from the fun we originally had by shooting out tyres in a road race. you gotta admit that is fun when chasing a serial killer. leaving him/her shipwreked

And stealth is pretty much useless in a game with over-sensitive radar.

The pops up that tells everyone in the lobby that "xxx player is going off radar." has completely ruins the stealth kill.

And stealth is pretty much useless in a game with over-sensitive radar.

The pops up that tells everyone in the lobby that "xxx player is going off radar." has completely ruins the stealth kill.

Not really cause they know you're off radar but they won't know which way you're coming from. It just depends where you are.

• Like 4

Not really cause they know you're off radar but they won't know which way you're coming from. It just depends where you are.

You're right but unlike before the new update, this notification makes it harder to catch players with bounties on their head (especially!) off-guard since they would know for sure that those off-radar players are coming for them at most times and prepare their weapons for that.

• Like 2

I sometime wonder what it would be like if everybody was off radar and you could just travel around like any other npc, I guess that might get boring after awhile.

xInfamousRYANx

The vehicle crashout instadeath is ridiculous. It dont matter if its at low speeds. Nerf that sh*t it was perfect in gta iv

• Like 2

AboveAndBeyoncé

The vehicle crashout instadeath is ridiculous. It dont matter if its at low speeds. Nerf that sh*t it was perfect in gta iv

This.... That windshield mess is so annoying especially in SP missions

You're right but unlike before the new update, this notification makes it harder to catch players with bounties on their head (especially!) off-guard since they would know for sure that those off-radar players are coming for them at most times and prepare their weapons for that.

Doesn't matter how prepared they are, unless a player is in a plane or sub then all it takes is one Heavy Sniper shot. I cannot count the number of times I've gone of radar, drove to a vantage point, and sniped a cluster of enemies from a mile away. At that range it doesn't matter how prepared they are, there is no way to to locate the shooter until I'm back on radar - and they're already dead. :)

This is why i can't stand the sims. I just want to do sh*t, but my character needs to eat , sleep, sh*t, etc all the time.

Ain't nobody got time for that

• Like 1

i wouldnt mind realism like gas tanks for cars, leaving the car running when u get out, wheel physics. that type of stuff.

• Like 1

I like killing animals.

I tend to drive better in SP. I drove Franklins Infernus around and didn't crash at all, even braked fairly good. Online my car just seems to spin out everywhere.

I like killing animals.

I tend to drive better in SP. I drove Franklins Infernus around and didn't crash at all, even braked fairly good. Online my car just seems to spin out everywhere.

All i want is the ability to go flying though my windshield when i hit a wall going 160MPH is that too much to ask for?

I think not

Edited by AiraCobra
  • Like 1

TeammateHelper

Also, you need to sleep otherwise you pass out.

And your sleep time is real-time.

Online needs lot's more realisim just now, and to quote Winning001 "It'll separate the noob players from the experienced ones", If this happened all the Chrentorno drivers and griefers wouldn't stand a chance against a player with the smallest amount of experience.

In short, Realism will only improve online for the better.

Edited by BigJoe_1
  • Like 1

There are a lot of features in the game that have little or no point online. Showers, the ocean, stealth, and as above car crashing is not quite the same. Even the fact if you jump and hit O (ps) you will fall in mid air, and if you jump into a bin or wall etc you will hit it and fall over, taking a small amount of damage. That doesnt happen in Online. Shouldnt annoy me but it does

I'll just chip in that I think that realistic games can be fun, they're slower paced a lot of the time but that just makes the action moments a whole lot more intense and meaningful. When trying to mix arcade (Cod) and realism (ArmA) it is difficult to find the right balance but I err towards balanced realism. That means if you want to include a military jet you either put in a realistic AA missile or take jets out because your game isn't trying to be Ace Combat.

Vehicle deformation realism has been brought up a few times in this thread. It's still not hard to not crash, take your foot off the accelerator before cornering and you'll be sweet. I also cringe that noobs can crash their delicate supers over and over again whilst chasing me and there are negligible consequences. Bring realism on, it encourages smarter gameplay.

• Like 3

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

Honestly i dont like singleplayer that much because when crashing you go trough the window often

Such a feature in gtao...among some other ones woud suck balls

I only miss wild life online

All i want is the ability to go flying though my windshield when i hit a wall going 160MPH is that too much to ask for?

I think not

I think this is only fair. After all, when I crash my bike my guy lies there for about 4 seconds, then slowly gets up (another 2 seconds) and brushes himself off (yet another 2 seconds) before he goes into the "right, you can control me now" stance. So from when I crash my bike to being back in control of my character can take up to 8 seconds, during which time some noob is firing magic bullets through the 1-way back plate of his super car, not that he has to. He would probably have enough time to park the car nicely against the kerb, so as not to get a parking ticket, stroll over to me, take a couple of photos and then stab me a few times.

Car drivers going through the windscreen would balance things out, so I'm all for that.