2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Just curious, did you beat GTA IV 100%?

Zesty Schmegma

Did you achieve 100% completion for GTA IV?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Did you achieve 100% completion for this game?

• Yes, I did it with no problem
    • Yes, I did it but found the tasks annoying to complete
    • No, the flying rats and stunt jumps were far too annoying
    • No, I'm not that type of player

Zesty Schmegma

I figured I'd ask because I'm geniunely curious. I'm the type of player who has no problem going for 100% completion, even if it is a long task (I've gotten 100% on GTA V, as well as 100% on San Andreas a handful of times).

But for some reason when it came to this game, I never could bring myself to complete the game "100%". My gripe is with the 200 pigeons and the 50 stunt jumps. I don't know why, but the prospect of running all over the 3 boroughs to gain a wanted level each time I shoot a dumb bird never thrilled me.

I did everything else, got all the way up to 91.67% on my closest attempts. I did EVERYTHING else (I'll spare details to avoid spoilers). So I'm just asking my fellow players, am I the only one who feels the 100% completion tasks were far too tedious? Please share your opinions, I wanna know.

• Like 1

I barely ever got wanted when shooting pigeons, i guess i was really lucky. The stunt jumps were simple enough when you use the NRG from the various dealerships around the city. Everything else was easy as hell. I had no problems with it... If i tried to 100% other GTA games, i think i would feel the same with all games. The longer it takes, the harder it is, the more of a rewarding feeling you receive once it is achieved. The only games i 100%ed are GTA IV, Saints Row 2 and Red Dead Redemption.

Edited by thekillerdonuts

I did twice, one without trophies and one after the tropies update, the only part annoying are the pigeons but because the cops. You will find places that never been discovered without chasing the flying rats.

Since 3D era i complete every gta game to 100%.

Cheers :)

• Like 3

NightmanCometh96

I managed to get 100% on the PS3 version last summer, just as a way to kill time until GTA V came out. I'm fine with the unique stunt jumps, but I found the 200 flying rats to be tedious; I'm glad TLAD and TBoGT reduced it down to 50 each. Everything else was pretty simple, though.

Edited by CartmanKusanagi

Zesty Schmegma

I managed to get 100% on the PS3 version last summer, just as a way to kill time until GTA V came out. I'm fine with the unique stunt jumps, but I found the 200 flying rats to be tedious; I'm glad TLAD and TBoGT reduced it down to 50 each. Everything else was pretty simple, though.

I felt the same way about TBoGT and TLAD, I was relieved they reduced it.

My gripe with the tasks was that the GTA Series (as far as I know, correct me if I'm wrong) has never required stunt jumps prior to this game. Got bored of playing GTA V and went back to GTA IV to try and give the 100% another shot, but the handling of the cars completely turned me off from trying any stunt jumps and stuff. I sorta feel like Rockstar kinda threw those in as requirements as a last minute thing.

Algonquin Assassin

Just last week actually. The first and only time I've beaten a GTA game to 100%. Now working on GTA V.

The only thing I found tedious were the flying rats, but on the bright side they lead me to places I've never been to before.

• Like 3

GTA IV Signature V4 by Lettermaniac on DeviantArt

Yep, once only though years ago.. never tried it again but I've been fighting to make it happen for months.

I found it kinda fun honestly, the flying rats weren't that big of an issue either, the stunts were a pain for me.

948185.png

Apart from the Flying Rats and a few of the Unique Stunt Jumps, I found it to be an enjoyable experience.

Cheers.

Hmm.. did, but found many tasks, annoying to complete. The inclusion of QUB3D high score into 100% made no real joy to me.

After everything, when I look back at all the efforts I had done and what I had toiled ( 200 frickin' number of rats ) to achieve, the 100% score left me feeling as if not much was gained, and quite discouraging for me, to try, and pursue another 100% run through!

Im2akillerfish

No. Never bothered with the pigeons. I think I tried doing the stunt jumps, but lost interest in them. 95% at the moment.

I did however 100% both TLAD and TBOGT.

The only GTA games I've gotten 100% on are GTA V (really easy if you use the social club) and San Andreas (and I plan on doing it again on the remastered version)

I tried doing it in IV like two years ago, but after using an online guide to find and kill all the pigeons and ending up with 198 out of 200, I said f*ck it and never touched that save game again.

I did it without any problems. Sure, I wouldn't mind a smaller amount of pidgeons or a better reward for shooting them, but these were nowhere as annoying as some people are trying to prove.

Once, a few months ago. Got some unique vehicles as well, because why not?

Honestly, Flying Rats weren't that bad (had a perfect guide/map that was nearly impossible to lose track of pigeons). I only had issues with the occassional wanted level.

• Like 1

Lethal Vaccine

I'm waiting until Militia posts on this thread. He's the expertise in this sorts of stuff.

:p:)

100% Completion, 2 Missions Failed (To obtain 2 Unique Vehicles), 0 Deaths, 0 Busted, 0 Cheats, 10 AP/Unique/EC Vehicles in My Collection.

Total Playing Time Stat - 57:49:09

My Vehicle Collection in GTA IV: Unique/AP Roman's Taxi, Unique/AP Laundromat, AP/EC Comet, Unique/AP Police Stockade, Unique/AP Romero, AP/EC Banshee, AP/EC Super GT, AP/EC Coquette, AP/EC Infernus, AP/EC Turismo

No it wasn't hard at all. Like you, though, I did find 200 Pigeons and 50 Stunt Jumps a bit tedious. However, the 50 Stunt Jumps took only 1 day to complete, even though they got boring and annoying after about 10-15 of them. I just kept at it as I knew that was what I needed to do for 100%. I should add that I saved the Pigeons and Stunt Jumps for the VERY last things I had to do. If you don't do them, you should be 95.00% Completion. Once you do the 50 Stunt Jumps, you will have 97.50% Completion and finally when you do 200 Pigeons, 100% Completion. The 200 Pigeons I did after 50 Stunt Jumps. Seeing the message, "199 Flying Rats Left in Liberty City" after I shot the first 1, made me want to :sui::sui: , but I kept at it and did all 200 Pigeons in 3 days of playing the game. I did 75 first day, 75 second day, and 50 on the third day. Each day, I put about 3-4 hours into just doing Pigeons. It's not very annoying when you know you did EVERYTHING in the entire game, but one final task for 100%. So I like to save those for the end.

Granted, I only did GTA IV one time which was quite recent. From the middle of August to the first or second week of September. However, I go big, or I don't go at all, thus the perfect gamesave that I have now. I don't really need to re-do it. I'm not that guy who gets a hard on, or attached to Niko or Roman, or storylines in GTA Games. However, I do still play the 100% Save and just drive around in my AP Vehicles. Doesn't matter if it's a police chase or not, just driving around Liberty City is awesome and fun. I do the same in TLaD and TBoGT, too, now that I got 100% in those games, as well, with Perfect Stats and a Unique/EC Vehicle Collection. No point in re-doing any of these 3 Games. I just mess around now after 100% Completion.

Now I gotta start GTA V on Friday as it's literally the last game I own that I need to do as I already did III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLaD, and TBoGT. Gonna be 100%'ing V now with Perfect Stats and a Unique/EC Vehicle Collection! :p

EDIT: For the record, if you just use a Maverick or Helitours Maverick to fly to each Pigeon, it goes a LOT quicker. Not only does it go quicker, you can land on TOP of near-by buildings and landmarks and shoot the Pigeon from there, thus AVOIDING a wanted level OR gaining a 1 star wanted level, but how do you expect those pigs to get on top of a building without a Helicopter? They can't, thus you never will get Busted while trying to get into the Helicopter and start it up and get airborn. It's very easy this method.

No. Never bothered with the pigeons. I think I tried doing the stunt jumps, but lost interest in them. 95% at the moment.

I did however 100% both TLAD and TBOGT.

95.00% Completion? Yup, sounds like all you need is 50 Stunt Jumps and 200 Pigeons. It can be done in under a week if you keep at it...

Edited by Militia

LeonTheKiller

Not yet. Those f*cking pigeons/flying rats are the worst type of "collectibles" in the series imo.

• Like 3

Yep. The flying rats was a huge black mark on the experience and the stunt jumps weren't much fun either, but not much I could do to avoid them if I intended to reach full completion.

• Like 1

Zesty Schmegma

Very interesting to see all the different responses.

I think whats stopping me at this point is the fact that on my closest save I have 29 flying rats or so, and to continue from there I have no idea which birds i've shot and which I havent. Same goes with the 8 stunt jumps I've done.

Overall though, I felt compared to other GTA games, these tasks for 100% were far more tedious. I had JUST completed another 100% run on San Andreas two days before they just released this new updated version, so in the past week I've sprayed the 100 tags twice.. :sui:

With these new outlooks maybe I'll take a gamesave that has no rats/jumps done and start from scratch, although I don't see myself entertaining all the friends to the required amount of like all over again.

Lethal Vaccine

I should add in GTA IV plus TLaD, all those Character Stats in the Pause Menu say 100% as well; Mission Progress, Like, and Respect. However, in TBoGT the only "stats" not at 100% are Henrique and Armando's Like and Respect. But everything else in the Pause Menu is 100% for Character Stats. I kinda started getting lazy during TBoGT with those 100% Character Stats, plus H and A's Like OR Respect (I forget which one) doesn't seem to increase and WildBrick142 told me the same thing happens in his game, one of those stats remains at 50% and the other 60% in my game. It just won't increase. But one of those 2 stats can increase and reach 100%, but it takes a bit due to the fact it only increases like 2-3% each time...So I'd have to take A and H out like 10+ times just to reach 100% in Like Status...But got lazy to do it! :)

As for GTA IV and TLaD's Character Stats, those aren't a "chore" at all. For 100% in IV you need to unlock the character's Special Ability plus take each character that is required for 100% to EACH activity listed in the phone. Thus, making the percents rise very quickly and easily. The only one you gotta go out of your way to reach 100% for Like/Respect is Dwayne, but nobody else. As for TLaD, you also need to take these characters out and do activities, which increases the Like/Respect quickly. The only "tricky" one is Jim because he eventually dies in the story, thus you won't be able to reach 100% Like/Respect if you wait until AFTER the story to do Character Activies. For me, a few missions before Jim dies is when I decided to do those Character Activities and I didn't stop until Terry, Clay, and Jim were 100%.

All this stuff is very easy for me and I like doing it all and getting things as complete as they can go. It doesn't matter what GTA game we are talking about. I complete them all to the fullest I can, or it's not worth my money buying it...

EDIT: Oh and if you don't like how Roman, Packie, Dwayne, etc, etc, etc call you to hang out and their Like/Respect DEcreases. All you gotta do is accept to Hang Out and do the activity, then simply call them back after you accepted and simply "Cancel Plans" in the phone. Their Percentage will remain and NOT decrease. It's simple to keep them the same and/or at 100%.

Edited by Militia

Finding the pigeons was a biiitch. But yes, I did complete IV to 100%. The stunt jumps were more fun than expected and most weren't all that difficult to complete, so I had no problem with them. I tried not to use a guide for Stevie's car thefts and that made it a lot more fun. I even collected a few unique vehicles along the way, so all-in-all it was a pretty cool experience. I honestly wish we got more a reward than being able to buy unlimited ammo (and then losing the ammo after logging off).

• Like 1

the pigeons were annoying as f*ck, it was just a lazy thing to add 200 of them instead of something more fun.

but yeah i did complete it at 100% but the rewards plainly sucked

• Like 2

Legomanarthur

I never beat GTA IV at 100%, not that pigeons and stunt jumps are annoying for me (I can find every pigeons on the map with Native Trainer if I wanted to). It's just that I don't really care about finishing a game at 100%.

I kind of like, when I completed the story, to know that there's still stuff to do after, even I I don't really mind them at the moment. I could be, in the future, interested of doing these tasks but I don't think that it will ever happen. :)

The only GTA I tried to achieve 100% was GTA V, because of the Bigfoot mission and the UFOs. But I stopped doing so when I needed to fly near some buildings with a plane, I will be easier on PC I guess. :D

No incentive to get 100%. No rewards.. Let down. I might go back and try do it when I'm feeling nostalgic for it.

Edited by Mister Pink
  • Like 2

Lethal Vaccine

Yup, that is the problem with the ENTIRE HD Era, not only GTA IV ^^^^^^

There is no real big incentive to go for 100% in IV, TLaD, TBoGT, or V. The only incentive is just to "complete it" and finish it. If you're a Completionist and don't like things half beaten and want your full money's worth, then you will no matter what go for 100% like I do in every GTA Game. But it's absolutely unrewarding other than an accomplished feeling you get inside your head.

That's why I like collecting special vehicles with Proofings, Special Colors, One Time Only Vehicles because then when I get 100%, I have an even MORE accomplished feeling. The Vehicles basically ARE my rewards for going for 100%. If such vehicles were NOT in the games, then they wouldn't be as fun as they are now for me.

• Like 2

Lethal Vaccine

Funny enough, the SAME thing happens even in TLaD/TBoGT. You'd think they'd finally fix that in the DLC's. Hell, you'd think they'd fix that even in IV, with a simple Patch, to FIX the game. But that seems like it's too much of a big deal for the trillion dollar company Rockstar is.

Edited by Militia