2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Wasteland 2 (inXile Entertainment)

sivispacem

Ue3f5i5.jpg

Wasteland 2 is the direct sequel to 1988s Wasteland, the first-ever post-apocalyptic computer RPG and the inspiration behind the Fallout series.

Until Wasteland, no other CRPG had ever allowed players to control and command individual party members for tactical purposes or given them the chance to make moral choices that would directly affect the world around them.

Wasteland was a pioneer in multi-path problem solving, dripping in choice and consequence and eschewing the typical one-key-per-lock puzzle solving methods of its peers, in favor of putting the power into players hands to advance based on their own particular play style.

The Wasteland series impressive and innovative lineage has been preserved at its very core, but modernized for the fans of today with Wasteland 2. Immerse yourself in turn-based tactical combat that will test the very limits of your strategy skills as you fight to survive a desolate world where brute strength alone isnt enough to save you.

Deck out your Ranger squad with the most devastating weaponry this side of the fallout zone and get ready for maximum destruction with the RPG-style character advancement and customization that made the first Wasteland so brutal. Save an ally from certain death or let them perish... the choice is yours, but so are the consequences.

-------------

So, yeah. Put a bit of cash into this while it was being crowdfunded. Only put a couple of hours into it so far (so, basically just set up my characters) but yeah, really enjoying it so far. Appeals to my geek side hugely.

20823568_tumblr_mqnjkeiukh1sqkv5zo1_1280

• Like 7

Untitled-1.jpg
AMD Ryzen 5900X (4.65GHz All-Core PBO2) | Gigabye X570S Pro | 32GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

EK-Quantum Reflection D5 | XSPC D5 PWM | TechN/Heatkiller Blocks | HardwareLabs GTS & GTX 360 Radiators
Corsair AX750 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL | EVGA GeForce RTX2080 XC @2055MHz | Sabrant Rocket Plus 1TB
Sabrant Rocket 2TB | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | 2x ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Q Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4

Few hours into it so far, really good stuff. As expected it has a really interesting story with the humour and it has that old school difficulty. Going in all Rambo doesn't work, to say the least. The combat system is very fun and all round works well. Playing on Ranger difficulty for the first run through and it's kicking my ass.

Love it, really living up to the Wasteland and Fallout name.

It reminds a bit of XCom: Enemy Unknown on "Classic" difficulty. Sad memories of my blonde-haired sniper (Boris Johnson if you're interested) being torn to shreds about six missions in by a Chryssalid. Anyway, Wasteland. I'm playing on easy and I'm not ashamed of that. But yeah, I hope I don't regret taking toaster repair as a skill.

Untitled-1.jpg
AMD Ryzen 5900X (4.65GHz All-Core PBO2) | Gigabye X570S Pro | 32GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

EK-Quantum Reflection D5 | XSPC D5 PWM | TechN/Heatkiller Blocks | HardwareLabs GTS & GTX 360 Radiators
Corsair AX750 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL | EVGA GeForce RTX2080 XC @2055MHz | Sabrant Rocket Plus 1TB
Sabrant Rocket 2TB | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | 2x ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Q Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4

I'm 34 hours in now and have yet to finish it. It's been a bit slow going, since I started this particular play through before it was released and had encountered some demotivating bugs that were later fixed. It's a really refreshing and enjoyable experience though and would be my nomination for game of the year. Unfortunately I don't think it will end up quite getting the recognition it deserves in the mainstream.

@sivispacem: I'm also playing on easy, and even then, there are still plenty of moments so far that have kicked my ass especially so when I've underestimated my party's abilities. The way the skill system is setup presents a challenge at any difficulty level, IMO, even with a full party I find scenarios where I either outright don't have the skills to deal with it in a satisfying manner or they aren't up to scratch.

Right, put a few hours in today, the only time I've really played aside from setting up my characters. Managed to recruit three veterans to join my squad so far but christ it's hard. I've been save-scumming like a bitch, particularly with alarms and traps, apart from a couple of instances where I've intentionally set off alarms to draw Railway Thieves into choke points. Now I've got used to the UI (and managed to pick up a bullpup sniper for my infiltrator) I'm having an absolute blast.

Untitled-1.jpg

Have you got Angela Deth in your party? I missed grabbing her on my very first play through (that died because bugs) and it makes a world of difference early on, especially.

Yeah, plus the kid who nearly drowns at the Rail Yard and one of the hobos. The former of the two is utterly useless apart from his level 5 toaster repair skills, but the latter is pretty good in a hobo-with-a-shotgun way.

Untitled-1.jpg

Ralphy? Yeah, he didn't last very long in my lineup and there are much better (IMO) potential recruits down the road to swap him out with.

Scotchmo is probably my favourite party member so far. Very useful and an interesting character to have about.

He's been useful for righting upended turtles and extracting stuff from toasters, but that's about it so far. I use him as a human shield generally, or for land mine clearance before I got enough perception.

Untitled-1.jpg

My XBL has run out and my GTX 260 has fried so I've been looking for a game I can play on my laptop.

This looks like just the thing. I also strongly believe in supporting developers who still produce quality PC titles.

I've notices that some of the CD net resellers have to as cheap as £10. For what is already shaping up as one of the most immersive titles I've ever played it's silly value for money.

And I've just realised that the reason Angela can't hit sh*t with a BAR is because it's a heavy weapon and not an assault rifle. FML.

Untitled-1.jpg

Need to get this. Wanted to put in a some dough when it was being kickstarted but I never gotten around to it. Looks really great and so far only super positive reviews.

Can anyone name a half decent companion to replace Angela? She's just buggered off and now I'm stuck a useful man short. Currently have Vulture's Cry and the drunken old f*cker with the shotgun as my main companions, though somewhat regret not picking up the new recruits at the start of the game as they'd have been useful fodder. I've gone for the fat brawler from the mine but I'm not sure he's going to make it in the long run as I'm short anyone with Hard Ass which has been really useful so far.

Also, the M16 is f*ckin' boss.

Untitled-1.jpg

When that happened I just persevered with Scotchmo and Takayuki, as the only one I had spare was Ralphy and he sucks. You can potentially pick up Chisel from the Atchison camp (depending on how you resolved that quest line), he's a melee warrior as well but has hard ass. The only other companion I know of is one you can pick up in the village of Darwin, NE of the rail nomads.

There's 3 potential companions upon completing Canyon of Titan stuff and one in Damonta too.

Well I resolved the Canyon of Titan what I thought would be the "peaceful" way. Yeah, that didn't work out quite how I'd hoped.

Untitled-1.jpg

Well I resolved the Canyon of Titan what I thought would be the "peaceful" way. Yeah, that didn't work out quite how I'd hoped.

Which option did you go for?

I sided with the Diamond Back Militia but didn't end up giving them 'Titan' as promised.

Epilogue stuff

From what I've heard, there's no real 'good' way to resolve the Canyon of Titan stuff. Each of the outcomes are varying degrees of bad.

I sided with the loan brother and...

disarmed the nuke

The net result of which was everyone trying to kill me.

Untitled-1.jpg

Well I finally bought the game and played for a couple of hours today. Loving it so far, even though I'm not the biggest fan of turn-based combat. Still in the very early stages though and currently busy in the AG Center trying to figure out what the hell I'm supposed to be doing. Also, it sucks that I can't open some doors or any safes yet because of a complete lack of lockpicking and safecracking skills in my party of 6. I'm sure I'm missing some much needed ammo and medical supplies, because I'm all out of those.

utf-8Bb2xkc2Nob29sc2lnczE2YS5qcGc_zpsf59

Guys I'm stuck in the AG Center. I've just killed Larsen, and now I have to gain access to the west wing in the basement in order to shut down the irrigation system, but I can't unlock the west corridor door. Is there any way to get the door open if no one has any necessary skills? I went through the entire facility, but there's nothing else to do.

EDIT: Nevermind - used the keycard I didn't know about

Edited by W2B

Have you been to the Rail Nomads camp yet? You can acquire a follower with safecracking skills there.

Untitled-1.jpg

Nope, Ag center was my first stop. But I'm still learning, and I found out that my main character could unlock some safes with the alarm disarming skill all along. Only other location I've been to so far is some derailed train where I encountered 3 big ass robots.

Yeah, I found that a little on the hard side with my level 5 or so party. Nearly lost a good man or two.

Untitled-1.jpg

Naa, I chose Highpool on this playthrough, mainly because I wanted Vulture's Cry in my party. I'll probably do AG Centre next time.

Untitled-1.jpg

Did you guys also press the big red button in the Citadel museum?

OOPS!

Speaking of which, I freakin love the end credits song. It's a shame it's so short though

Did you guys also press the big red button in the Citadel museum?

OOPS!

Speaking of which, I freakin love the end credits song. It's a shame it's so short though

Yes sir, I most definitely pressed that big red button.

Yep. I nuked myself twice during the game, once in the citadel and once in Silo 7. Speaking of which, did anyone else get the WarGames reference and the WOPR?

Untitled-1.jpg