3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

San Andreas Xbox 360 List of Issues

CheatingSoi

omnipotent-owl

I literally joined now-ish just to post.

As much as I love SA, this is absolutely an abysmal product coming from R*. It's an absolutely shameful and a big bitch slap to the community for shelling out a "10 year anniversary" like this. Needless to say, there is still much we as a community can do to fix this mess up (if all of us are willing to do so). We simply need to spread the word and get R*'s attention. This may take a while but like we've seen with countless gaming companies before, enough community uproar can sway those corporate buggers to do something (how ever small, it would be a victory). Hell, even Ubisoft can be swayed to change small things (the community asked and asked for a character's hood to be permanently added back again post-game in AC3 - a f*cking hood!). Look, I know that it IS hard and but it can be done. It's such a shame to see San Andreas to be treated like this and I hope we can force them to fix this up.
Now before any of you talk about the pricing and it being ported from the mobile...blah...blah...blah...I'm sure many of us did not like this at all and all of us would benefit from this being updated so people who never played it (or who did) can enjoy it without feeling a game that should be awesome has been butchered, pissed on and thrown into a river of sh*t Trevor-style :cry: .

*ahem*

Enough ranting. Now for my experience: unlike many of you, I've been lucky, I haven't frozen yet and I'm up to San Fierro and have just finished the second mission with Catalina. The only annoying things so far are the audio cut-outs, graphic filtery-thing (as posted before), weird black textures during night time (grassy areas), the constant acceleration in cars/sprinting, and the slow down after pressing pause (I've found that this occurs mainly in heavily populated areas and is almost absent while not connected to XBL) - OH, and bad frame rates in near Vinewood and San Fierro. I nearly forgot - where the hell is all the grass and they seriously need to fix the view distance - so much for "enhanced view distance". Other than some awkward menus, the rest is okay. (I may have missed some things)

• Like 3

That "Beat the Cock" triathalon was hard as sh*t due to the sh*tty swimming mechanics, and bicycle handling. God, I really hope Rockstar releases a patch,

7NsrQkB.png

I'm replaying the original PC disc version. No bugs, no glitches. Smooth. Even the graphics aren't that bad....

As the saying goes, Old is Gold!

I'm replaying the original PC disc version. No bugs, no glitches. Smooth. Even the graphics aren't that bad....

My biggest issue is that it isn't available in Australia. I'm blaming Microsoft and not Rockstar as it is available for download for mobile devices

You can still get it in Australia

HeroBrineR007

Ganton has always been a laggier place.

Some other places with many details where the gane just needs to render more than it can can be laggy too.

TheTechPoTaToCHIP

-During cutscenes, any character leaving the edge of the screen gets frozen in place.

Can you explain this one a bit? If you watch the animation on an animation viewer, characters are usually frozen until it's time for their acting part. Do you mean if the edge of the screen gets to them, they freeze in place?

That's because the game was programmed with a 4:3 aspect ration in mind. so the animations will only go to the edge of a normal 4:3 screen. This remaster is in a 16:9 aspect ratio so the edges of the screen where the character usually goes off-screen is visible and you could actually see them freezing because they weren't supposed to be animated beyond the edge of the screen.

The issues with the PC version are mostly observed through analysis. The game functions fine, but it's little things like broken time cycles, the base environments lacking assets even found in the PS2 version, and a myriad of little things that make it a hard sell when the ugliest version - the PS2 version - has next to none of those little bugbears.

It says a lot that many people have a hard time between saying which is the definitive version of the game, and it's usually contested between the PS2 and PC versions which are technically the most contrasting versions of the game.

Edited by Foffy

They could've just decreased the horizontal FOV to match 4:3 width during the cutscenes... Easy fix.

• Like 2

If all of you guys listened to this guy:

photo-thumb-474816.png?_r=1398589177

and not this paid dude:

photo-thumb-789669.jpg?_r=1392489237

You would already play an almost bug-free XBOX 360 version on PC....and it's easy as pie:

- Get San Andreas PC US 1.0

- Get an ASI loader

- Get the Mobile HUD addon

- Get SilentPatchSA

- Get some widescreen fixes

- Wait for Silent's GinputSA or use Deji's Ginput

- Buy an Xbox 360 controller adapter

and voilà:

nVbmJJe.jpg

I should mention that this screenshot was done on an Intel HD3000 (123MB VRAM) without any frame drops at a stable frame rate of 30 FPS (the same you are using on Xbox360 I assume...or is it running at 25FPS???)

You could also use the GTA IV controls that you are already used to (I assume) and forget all the controlling issues.....

and don't listen to these paid dudes:

They are paid :)

HeroBrineR007

and not this paid dude:

True, but nobody never listened to that guy.

No seriously MythAlex, no offense but you seriously gotta stop spamming about "Reporting bugs"

Rockstars Report section is actually a trashcan marked as "Bug & Glitchreports we won't fix"

Edited by HeroBrineR007
  • Like 3

and not this paid dude:

True, but nobody never listened to that guy.

No seriously MythAlex, no offense but you seriously gotta stop spamming about "Reporting bugs"

Rockstars Report section is actually a trashcan marked as "Bug & Glitchreports we won't fix"

He just wastes his time, rockstar will not fix anything in the Gta San Bugs

Ma-mothers-Ma-Sister

I doubt rockstar even know its out

let alone fix the bugs lol

they don't even acknowledge its existence .-.

• Like 2

When you get to the San Fierro airport, the game's frame rate completely shuts itself.

Igor Bogdanoff

Can't describe this http://youtu.be/f3fRn1UDLLw?t=3m52s

Edit: Why are shadows messed up in interiors

Edited by Tomasak

Just a reminder: Guys, stop complaining and being lazy.

If you want the bugs / problems fixed, then REPORT them to Rockstar Support: https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

It's worth the try. Maybe Rockstar will fix the audio cutscenes issues, the mission bugs, the random freezing, the missing grass, the missing camera control when flying, so on. So go and report the issues NOW !

(I already reported many of those)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Also, I am NOT being paid to make these posts -_- I just want the game fixed... You should report the problems... What's so bad in doing that?

Stop with the hate.... gosh... You are frustrated on life or what?

And thanks for the "1-star" rates in my profile. You know what? I don't give a sh*t about my profile, lol. You think that rating me down restricts my account? Hell, no. Stop wasting your time. LOL

Edited by MythAlex
  • Like 2

LE EPIC PC MUSTARD RACE, HHAHHAHAHA

Dude, nobody cares about PC sh*t right now. This thread if for console users, buzz off.

Cars bob back and forth while driving slowly

Game takes a bit to fully pause

Lagging, freezing, and tons of fps drops.

VWSTp.png

Dude, nobody cares about PC sh*t right now. This thread if for console users, buzz off.

It's not about the console. It's about a damn flawed release which could have occured on any platform.

I stayed over at a friend's for the weekend and we played GTA San Andreas Remastered version on her 360. We played like 10 hours in total and the game did not freeze once. However, it lagged/stuttered a few times but it goes away after a few seconds, I only experienced that in Los Santos so far. We have not encountered any bugs yet. I also notice the game slows down for a few seconds before entering the game menu after pressing pause but it is not a big issue.

Guess we are the lucky ones :D

The game looks really nice but the characters look like they have been dipped in vaseline, they look so shiny! From the time I played on it, It is worth getting it, if you are lucky like us. I should probably note that we only played the storyline so far, and a few police chases/killing. We didn't do any side missions/stuff towards 100%.

Oh yeah I don't know if it bothers you too, we all know that the game's texture have been improved but in some places it looks even more messed up by incorrect UV mapping. For example, go to Burger Shot in Los Santos and you see the car park texture is bigger on the main driveway but the parking spots have normal texture. This is on all versions but it is more noticeable on Remastered version. You can easily notice this on grass too.

Edited by SarahPilko

Trevorphilipjfry

I stayed over at a friend's for the weekend and we played GTA San Andreas Remastered version on her 360. We played like 10 hours in total and the game did not freeze once. However, it lagged/stuttered a few times but it goes away after a few seconds, I only experienced that in Los Santos so far. We have not encountered any bugs yet. I also notice the game slows down for a few seconds before entering the game menu after pressing pause but it is not a big issue.

Guess we are the lucky ones :D

The game looks really nice but the characters look like they have been dipped in vaseline, they look so shiny! From the time I played on it, It is worth getting it, if you are lucky like us. I should probably note that we only played the storyline so far, and a few police chases/killing. We didn't do any side missions/stuff towards 100%.

Oh yeah I don't know if it bothers you too, we all know that the game's texture have been improved but in some places it looks even more messed up by incorrect UV mapping. For example, go to Burger Shot in Los Santos and you see the car park texture is bigger on the main driveway but the parking spots have normal texture. This is on all versions but it is more noticeable on Remastered version. You can easily notice this on grass too.

Same here, I don't have half the bugs these guys are getting,pretty much what you described, if not, a little better. Guess rockstar likes us

Revenge of the Donut

Graphics have gone on messed up after the badlands mission, top and bottom of the screen has all these blocks and lines across it and colours and brightness keep fluctuating from a weird bright green to almost pitch black when I walk into a building like ammunation, also I can see a reflection of my car upside down at the top of the screen...wtf?

Edited by Revenge of the Donut

Just a reminder: Guys, stop complaining and being lazy.

If you want the bugs / problems fixed, then REPORT them to Rockstar Support: https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

It's worth the try. Maybe Rockstar will fix the audio cutscenes issues, the mission bugs, the random freezing, the missing grass, the missing camera control when flying, so on. So go and report the issues NOW !

(I already reported many of those)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Also, I am NOT being paid to make these posts -_- I just want the game fixed... You should report the problems... What's so bad in doing that?

Stop with the hate.... gosh... You are frustrated on life or what?

And thanks for the "1-star" rates in my profile. You know what? I don't give a sh*t about my profile, lol. You think that rating me down restricts my account? Hell, no. Stop wasting your time. LOL

People already did that please stop, i even reported the bugs. Now its R* Problem to fix them

Shadowfennekin

Can we not play roulette? If so how? I see no interaction button anywhere for it????

GrindingOnDatNRG

Can someone please explain how GTA SA is on 360? How do I get it? When did it get released? Please answer someone.

Algonquin Assassin

Can someone please explain how GTA SA is on 360? How do I get it? When did it get released? Please answer someone.

I don't think it's available to us Aussies.

GTA IV Signature V4 by Lettermaniac on DeviantArt

GrindingOnDatNRG

I don't think it's available to us Aussies.

Ah what a jip... :(

Thanks for answering.

Sir Winthorpe Herrington

This is a f*ckin terrible port. I've brushed off most of the awful issues such as radio skipping, audio cuts outs ect. but now my two most recent saves are somehow screwed because every time I try I load them on the loading screen the bar goes about 98% across then freezes. Tried this about 10 times, each is a freeze. Thankfully I don't have to start all over just to get this last 4k kills achievement, but still..set me back about 1k kills. Pretty annoying.