1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Beta Vice City

Mr. Love

universetwisters
On 5/10/2021 at 5:11 AM, ArkianHue said:

This damn strange white taxi calendar in the Kaufman Cabs Office in Little Haiti. Was this originally the car the taxi company used in the beta? or R* just put it there for no reason. They might have changed to not be confused with the white police car at that time of development. That is if it even was a car in the alpha/beta.

P sure it's just a design choice like this tbh

Plymouth Reliant Taxi Brochure 1982 EN - Veikl

• Like 2
Son Of Big Boss
On 5/10/2021 at 5:11 AM, ArkianHue said:

No wonder the bridge seemed shorter to me!

They got me there!

I didn't find this image. The credit goes to the guy named @LegionVC he's the guy who brought it up. I just increased the brightness of the images and added some grain and that's it. :colgate:

Has anybody looked into this before? Pretty sure someone has at somepoint or another.

HyN1k3s.png

This damn strange white taxi calendar in the Kaufman Cabs Office in Little Haiti. Was this originally the car the taxi company used in the beta? or R* just put it there for no reason. They might have changed to not be confused with the white police car at that time of development. That is if it even was a car in the alpha/beta.

Why am I saying this? Well... I found this bitmap texture for the taxi in the interior:

kcjvY4T.png

You can notice the LC license plate and fake ford badge (vapid badge in GTA Universe). Why would R* use this texture for an object in this interior, that's weird. I'm  pretty sure that's where SOBB a.k.a  @Son Of Big Boss got the bitmap texture from. This wasn't mentioned in the video that Matt1010 made about the beta cars.

The one from the vanilla game is 19.7 KB in size, 20.0 KB in size on the disk. While the one extracted from VCB is 20.4 KB in size, and 24.0 KB in size on the disk. Other than that, they are identical.

And lastly, what type of wheel does the taxi use? It's not clear from the calendar.

Well, now that you ask, the real reason it's there is because the taxi interior texture is used by the signs right here

unknown.png

unknown.png

And regarding the calendar, well the thing looks desaturated actually, not even the turning signal lights are colored, it's like they highlighted the Taxi sign only, and the wheel is untextured too, that's why it looks white. I didn't really had the need to take the texture from there because the little badge was present even in the final taxi interior texture, just the plate being changed there.

And well, my theory is that they just added the cruiser in the calendar because in the early stages of development there was no such thing as a separate Kaufman Cab, we only got to see the GTA III Cabbie used in some pics. So I just think they placed the cruiser there just like GTA III had the Taxi in the Mean Streets company logo.

unknown.png

5 hours ago, Tom_Vercetti said:

I know the police car colours were changed from white with red and blue stripes to the evergreen livery to not confuse the player with that and any civilian car, but I have no idea if the taxis were ever only white in the beta. I always thought they were yellow like in previous instalments such as GTA III? 🤔

The same calendar can also be found in Phil’s Place in his trailer! 😎

I doubt they change the livery just to prevent players confusion.

They literally did the livery just like the real thing, not sure what year this was used, maybe during the 90's, and probably that's why it was changed, because it was not right for the setting

14711572115_46928a06e5_b.jpg

Leon Luther
6 hours ago, Son Of Big Boss said:

Well, now that you ask, the real reason it's there is because the taxi interior texture is used by the signs right here

unknown.png

unknown.png

And regarding the calendar, well the thing looks desaturated actually, not even the turning signal lights are colored, it's like they highlighted the Taxi sign only, and the wheel is untextured too, that's why it looks white. I didn't really had the need to take the texture from there because the little badge was present even in the final taxi interior texture, just the plate being changed there.

And well, my theory is that they just added the cruiser in the calendar because in the early stages of development there was no such thing as a separate Kaufman Cab, we only got to see the GTA III Cabbie used in some pics. So I just think they placed the cruiser there just like GTA III had the Taxi in the Mean Streets company logo.

unknown.png

I doubt they change the livery just to prevent players confusion.

They literally did the livery just like the real thing, not sure what year this was used, maybe during the 90's, and probably that's why it was changed, because it was not right for the setting

14711572115_46928a06e5_b.jpg

That was interesting stuff right there!

Couldn't they bother to change it once they had a model or a concept for the kaufman cabs?

I think this is such a small thing that I honestly think they were lazy to change it.

7 hours ago, universetwisters said:

P sure it's just a design choice like this tbh

Plymouth Reliant Taxi Brochure 1982 EN - Veikl

That could be it. It looks like they took inspiration from it.

• Like 2
Son Of Big Boss
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, ArkianHue said:

That was interesting stuff right there!

Couldn't they bother to change it once they had a model or a concept for the kaufman cabs?

I think this is such a small thing that I honestly think they were lazy to change it.

That could be it. It looks like they took inspiration from it.

It wouldn't be only time they have left something beta in a prop or map. They did that a lot in SA with the Driving school and Otto autos renders. And they even left the KB beta Remington interior texture in one of the tuning garages. 

In GTA 3 they also had the beta Beamer interior texture and the original engine texture used in a car prop at Joey's garage

Edited by Son Of Big Boss
Leon Luther
Posted (edited)

I think we have another instance in where R* just reusing textures/models for pedestrians.

BrMinT9.png

Nhf3ESt.png

both of these peds and other have sunglasses in their txd file:

WwbkHa4.pngvyFTMHZ.png

YhgOXdp.pngFbzo2qz.pngWfSB3HB.png

Maybe it could suit him but the other one from docks seems odd:

BrMinT9.png

Edited by ArkianHue
I doubt they were ever used for them. Also, LET ME KNOW IF I'M SPAMMING/POSTING IRRELEVANT STUFF.
  • 3 weeks later...

On another note, it looks like the taxi in this poster has some kind of badge on the radiator. Moreover, the screenshot of a taxi (its real pre-release pic, i hope?) on the 4 page of this topic demonstrates the same thing.

• Like 1
Son Of Big Boss
15 minutes ago, SLON1936 said:

On another note, it looks like the taxi in this poster has some kind of badge on the radiator. Moreover, the screenshot of a taxi (its real pre-release pic, i hope?) on the 4 page of this topic demonstrates the same thing.

Both the Taxi and the copcar used to have badges on the front and rear.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2021-5-14 at ප.ව. 7:08, Leon Luther said:

R * පදිකයින් සඳහා වයනය / ආකෘති නැවත භාවිතා කරන තවත් අවස්ථාවක් අපට ඇතැයි මම සිතමි.

BrMinT9.png

Nhf3ESt.png

මෙම පෙඩ් සහ අනෙක් දෙවර්ගයේම අව් කණ්ණාඩි ඒවායේ txd ගොනුවේ ඇත:

WwbkHa4.pngvyFTMHZ.png

YhgOXdp.pngFbzo2qz.pngWfSB3HB.png

සමහර විට එය ඔහුට ගැළපෙන නමුත් අනෙක් තටාක වලින් අමුතු බවක් පෙනේ:

BrMinT9.png

Yeah he is different.i mean his face.and look old....!

On 5/5/2021 at 8:47 PM, Tom_Vercetti said:

Have you translated my previous quote in Swahilli by any chance? 🤔

Hah Lol i'm sorry.it's automatically been.it's a setting my chrome..😰