3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Beta Vice City

Mr. Love

On 11/27/2020 at 4:45 AM, CleytonGames said:

But which unused audio?

Srry for my english.Are u know?We should know have some cutted phone calls,Some missions audio files.mercedes cortez, Umberto robina, Juan cortez , Kent paul ,Unknown persons,Phill cassid cutted phone calls and radio stations And a Mission Avery Carrington's and lance vance mission in cutted voicees,Hello moffet mission cutted voices(Audios) 

Look at this links :

Are u want follow this links:https://libertycity.net/files/gta-vice-city/96397-gta-vice-city-alpha-mod.html

https://libertycity.net/files/gta-vice-city/68781-gta-vice-city-beta-mod.html#comment-id-912189

• Bruh 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/8/2020 at 6:27 AM, xSapphirePlayz said:

And that's why GTA III had such charm... Red Light District is way too detailed, there's those places that switch models depending on daytime, they even play sound loops at night! Althrough other key places on the city feel rather undetailed, it's still quite decent.

However, VC lacks a lot of details and feeling at some locations, and I'm sure VCS portrays some of the things they wanted to do, hence the reused trashcan (oddly enough, it's even possible to see the infamous beta Blista Compact on an early VCS screenshot, maybe Stories games were made using scrapped concepts from the main releases: LCS has ferries and its timecyc feels quite familiar at times, and VCS reuses the trashcan and the Sentinel looks like the beta VC model). Not saying VC map is bad, but I think there aren't enough neons, or 2dfx windows (VC only has them on big buildings) to portray the 80's. Come on, even GTA III had 2dfx for windows during nighttime on a wide variety of buildings. Yes, these may be undetailed and inaccurate (especially on Staunton), but at least they made LC feel more alive on those cold, possibly rainy nights...

To resume this, just do simple maths; GTA III almost 2yrs of development, and GTA VC; barely(?) 9 months of development.

Also MAC-10 with (purely cosmetic) supressor.
In addition, from what I read from research, a mission to a film studio with car tricks was cut from the VC. Which was then, again, based on this, restored in one form or another in the VCS. (Actually, if this is true, then I'm not surprised. Agree, this is somewhat at odds with the rest of the missions in the story).

xSapphirePlayz
1 hour ago, SLON1936 said:

Also MAC-10 with (purely cosmetic) supressor.
In addition, from what I read from research, a mission to a film studio with car tricks was cut from the VC. Which was then, again, based on this, restored in one form or another in the VCS. (Actually, if this is true, then I'm not surprised. Agree, this is somewhat at odds with the rest of the missions in the story).

That's because the MAC was an Uzi during beta stages, just look at its HUD icon.

Also, sometimes I think the Stories series was created to make functional features out of scrapped ideas from III and VC's development cycles.

• 3 weeks later...
Rburns
On 12/20/2020 at 1:19 AM, xSapphirePlayz said:

That's because the MAC was an Uzi during beta stages, just look at its HUD icon.

Also, sometimes I think the Stories series was created to make functional features out of scrapped ideas from III and VC's development cycles.

Well, dont know if you mean the icon of the beta of course, but vice City icon for the MAC is a MAC, and the Uzi is also featured in the game, correct me if Im wrong.

• Bruh 1
BeyondTheVeilOfDeath
10 hours ago, Rburns said:

Well, dont know if you mean the icon of the beta of course, but vice City icon for the MAC is a MAC, and the Uzi is also featured in the game, correct me if Im wrong.

Well, you got the weapons mixed up. The icon for MAC 10 depicts GTA III Micro Uzi instead. Other than that, the Uzi you mentioned is a different Uzi which is a IMI Uzi.

• 3 weeks later...
Rburns
On 1/9/2021 at 1:11 PM, BeyondTheVeilOfDeath said:

Well, you got the weapons mixed up. The icon for MAC 10 depicts GTA III Micro Uzi instead. Other than that, the Uzi you mentioned is a different Uzi which is a IMI Uzi.

Nope, I know exactly how a MAC and an Uzi look the the icons match the shape of them both.

• Bruh 1
MrMemer
On 10/27/2014 at 9:02 AM, Mr. Love said:

According to text files named: kentpaul.dff., a different model was used:

http://tcrf.net/images/b/b2/GtaVC-kentpaul_crushed.png

What do you think about it?. I think it is the most ugliest model in the game, and am glad it got changed.

Jesus Christ what is wrong with him

On 10/27/2014 at 9:28 AM, Mr. Love said:

Ken looks dead inside

Brooklynzsmac
On 1/29/2021 at 12:17 AM, Rburns said:

Nope, I know exactly how a MAC and an Uzi look the the icons match the shape of them both.

Looks like you don't, because Mac icon is wrong in vanilla VC, it shows micro uzi from III

Rburns
On 1/31/2021 at 3:51 PM, Brooklynzsmac said:

Looks like you don't, because Mac icon is wrong in vanilla VC, it shows micro uzi from III

For some reason I though the icon of the mac was rigtht, but I was just thinking the Uzi was also in the game, that messed up my memory. And yes, I know perfectly whats the shape of a MAC, 'cause I have one.

• KEKW 1
  • Bruh 2
BennyGod

I swear like 10 years ago I saw some pretty good proof that "Come On Eileen" was cut from this game on Wave 103. It was a post somewhere, can't remember where though. 

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
afxtwin

Yeah, someone recently also claimed there used to be a Playstation magazine article from summer 2002 where he read an interview with lead audio guy Craig Connor, in which he talked about some songs that were in the game, including Duran Duran - Save A Prayer and Oingo Boingo - Dead Man's Party. Not sure about Oingo Boingo (even though they are great fits for Wave 103) but I mean, you're gonna have a game set in the 80s and license Michael Jackson, Laura Branigan, Blondie - even lesser known acts like Thomas Dolby and Sigue Sigue Spotnik and just skip over arguably one of the biggest names in music from that time?

Considering they also had trouble licensing Duran Duran for GTA V's Los Santos Rock Radio (Serious), I am pretty sure they had tried licensing Duran Duran for both VC and VCS. One of the characters even mention Duran Duran in one of the cutscenes. That old ass Kent Paul site to promote the game also mentioned Kent listening Duran Duran.

I also managed to find a scan for another interview that mentioned a couple of artists that would be in the game, including Giorgio Moroder. He never had a song in Vice City but did eventually get an entire station dedicated to him in LCS, and the track he did with Phil Oakey, Together In Electric Dreams appeared on VCS's Flash FM. It's possible that that track in particular was the song they wanted to license in Vice City, as we know VCS's radio included tracks that Rockstar originally wanted to license for Vice City.

Here is the most comprehensive "cut music" list I managed to scrounge up.

Flash FM:

Rick Springfield - ??? (possibly Human Touch as that appeared in VCS) (unconfirmed; but likely)

Giorgio Moroder - ??? (most likely Together In Electric Dreams)

Duran Duran - Hungry Like The Wolf (very much unconfirmed - talked about in old forum posts)

Glenn Frey - Smuggler's Blues

Hall and Oates - Do It For Love (confirmed by reputable game magazine. Might have been a placeholder track as it does not fit Vice City's timeline. then again - there are many in-house songs recorded after 1986 that appear in-game)

Boys Don't Cry - I Wanna Be A Cowboy

Toto - Hold The Line (appeared in SA)

Emotion 98.3:

Duran Duran - Save A Prayer (unconfirmed as the person had not managed to remember what exact magazine it was and what issue; but highly likely)

Wave 103:

Oingo Boingo - Dead Mans Party (unconfirmed)

Modern English - I Melt With You

Dixie Midnight Runners - Come On Eileen (unconfirmed)

V-Rock:

Kenny Loggins - ??? (Could also have been a song more fitting for Emotion, ultimately we'll never know what song exactly was cut. He is mentioned by one of the characters in cut game dialogue)

Blue Oyster Cult - I'm Burning For You

Big Country - In A Big Country

Wildstyle:

Whodini - Freaks Come Out At Night (appeared in VCS)

Radio Espantoso:

Los Super Seven - Campesino

Los Super Seven - Compay Gato (both songs might be placeholder tracks, or never intended for the radio as they do not fit the timeline, heard in cutscenes)

Al Di Meola - Ritmo De La Noche

Edited by afxtwin
  • Like 7
Sergiu

Good listing and research, most of it checks out too in theory.

Just one observation, Espantoso songs do not fit the chronological timeline at all in Vice City and they even included tracks from the 90s or made by Rockstar in 2002.

• Like 2
On 1/6/2015 at 10:53 PM, Mr. Love said:

Beta Ocean View Hotel. Originally was called the "Clevelander" (after a real life Miami hotel).

fiz99K1.png

Now vadim m mentioned this in his video, but he didn't show the screeshot above.

Obviously this is a well known beta screeshot/magazine scan. But the exact same building also appears on this screenshot if you look closely on the right. I think that lamppost isn't present in the final version, or it was moved a bit.

There is also red wall that is in the middle of the two buildings/hotels, there is a small pot next to the wall. I think most of the objects around the building was moved a slightly.

Edited by ArkianHue
The image didn't appear. it appeared as a link which I didn't want.
  • Like 2
34 minutes ago, Kalvin said:

I never knew these existed!

I think it's that building right next to the hotel with the yellow and orange neons before the clip ends, right?

where is the beta building in the second movie?

Edited by ArkianHue

@afxtwinSome of these might need more research than just hear-say.

Perhaps you're down to track down those magazines that mentioned them with the rest of us! :)

Also a question, where did you take the Rick Springfield song reference from? Being from VCS doesn't really warrant that it was a cut VC song.

Edited by Sergiu
afxtwin
On 2/26/2021 at 4:46 PM, Sergiu said:

@afxtwinSome of these might need more research than just hear-say.

Perhaps you're down to track down those magazines that mentioned them with the rest of us! :)

Also a question, where did you take the Rick Springfield song reference from? Being from VCS doesn't really warrant that it was a cut VC song.

It was mentioned by the same person who talked about that magazine article IIRC. Could be wrong. Funny but I now don't even exactly remember where I heard it. So I guess take that one with the biggest grain of salt. 

I tried tracking down that particular article, (It's how I found that Giorgio Moroder mention) but had no luck myself.