3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Mr. Love

Beta Vice City

GTAshnik177
Posted (edited)

Skimmer in the beta version looked much more beautiful ... in everything, except the rotor blades.

P.S. and it seems the elevator rudder worked.

ETirPlk.png

Edited by GTAshnik177

Rburns

Some more screenshots :yawn:

screenD03.jpg

screen02.jpg

screenD06.jpg

Also, does anyone know why Pastor Richards was cut?. I know about his voice actor passing away, but a thread on here confirms that's not the case :blink:

These were some of the very first screenshots ever released for VC. I can actually remember the day came out with everyone analyzing them online. Such a tremendous wave of nostalgia with these.

I'm trying to find that topic (or the tipical speculation pre-release) but no success...

ROCKSTAR MANIC

^ Someone should create a database in here collecting all the media outlets of this game. Really interesting, I would do it. But I'm not that tech savvy to find these things.

CoolMods
Posted (edited)

I made GTA VC Beta wheels (the ones from GTA 3) like seen in traliers. Want download link?

Edited by CoolMods

ALMOST610

Beta Pheonix close up rear shot.

pheonix-rearshot2.png

Gamerjman19

Did somebody find the beta Cheetah model?

=OG4life=

pheonix-rearshot2.png

Holy smokes, where'd you find this? The BradyGames manual or..? :O

Helegad

Might be a decent picture without that watermark. I mean, you didn't even take the picture! The f*ck is wrong with you?

ALMOST610

Might be a decent picture without that watermark. I mean, you didn't even take the picture! The f*ck is wrong with you?

its from people taking pictures out of my topic that I post and claim they found something new... You got a f*cking problem with that!!! Then go get your own pictures.

Helegad

I do have a problem with that, it obscures the whole f*cking image!

ALMOST610

I do have a problem with that, it obscures the whole f*cking image!

As I said "Then go get your own pictures."

c*nt.

M0rk

no need to be an asshole

Skayz

According to islandsf (specifically, the islandLODBeach model), Mercedes' place didn't use to have a helipad - in its place was a walkway, and ramps.

Whilst recreating this for my beta mod, I went there and discovered a freeway spawn, under a corner of the helipad.

B51itkK.jpg

vKy1tWq.jpg

Upon looking at the SCM, it turns out a freeway does spawn there - however, my guess is it just drops to the abyss due to there being a helipad in the way.

The line I found in the SCM:

027984  014B: $1938 = init_car_generator #FREEWAY -1 -1 force_spawn 0 alarm 0 door_lock 0 min_delay 0 max_delay 10000 at 301.2 265.6 15.3 angle 278.4
The coordinates in MEd:

9ICw58j.png

Nice find

xNCx

@Kalvin @up if it's spawns under the helipad, it should fall into blue hell and respawn somewhere on the land, likely on the middle of the road. But I have never seen a bike randomly spawned, so where does it land?

rollschuh2282

doesn´t the game only spawn the player/players car on the land when it falls into the blue hell, and the peds, peds/empty cars not

JohnsonHu7

According to islandsf (specifically, the islandLODBeach model), Mercedes' place didn't use to have a helipad - in its place was a walkway, and ramps.

Whilst recreating this for my beta mod, I went there and discovered a freeway spawn, under a corner of the helipad.

B51itkK.jpg

vKy1tWq.jpg

Upon looking at the SCM, it turns out a freeway does spawn there - however, my guess is it just drops to the abyss due to there being a helipad in the way.

The line I found in the SCM:

027984  014B: $1938 = init_car_generator #FREEWAY -1 -1 force_spawn 0 alarm 0 door_lock 0 min_delay 0 max_delay 10000 at 301.2 265.6 15.3 angle 278.4
The coordinates in MEd:

9ICw58j.png

Nice find

Ithink the freeway could've spawn on the helipad or it is'nt high enough to spawn

JohnsonHu7
Posted (edited)

pheonix-rearshot2.png

Holy smokes, where'd you find this? The BradyGames manual or..? :O:) Edited by JohnsonHu7

JohnsonHu7
Posted (edited)

Could you share more of these Mr almost610? :) also does the animation when falling of the bike diffrent ?

Edited by JohnsonHu7

Masny
Posted (edited)

Here you go, folks:

rRbYYZr.jpg

Edited by Masny

xNCx

I've done some research about spawning the Freeway.

What I've noticed is that the bike doesn't spawn at all, even when forcing it to spawn. However, if you force spawn the bike, but changing the Z-coordinate i.e. height to something high like 50 meters, the bike spawns immediately on the helipad - it doesn't fall from the sky.

My guess is, that the game sets the right Z-coordinate if and only if the Z-coordinate in script is set above ground, doesn't matter at which level. But if you set something below, the game won't create the vehicle.

JohnsonHu7
Posted (edited)

I've done some research about spawning the Freeway.

What I've noticed is that the bike doesn't spawn at all, even when forcing it to spawn. However, if you force spawn the bike, but changing the Z-coordinate i.e. height to something high like 50 meters, the bike spawns immediately on the helipad - it doesn't fall from the sky.

My guess is, that the game sets the right Z-coordinate if and only if the Z-coordinate in script is set above ground, doesn't matter at which level. But if you set something below, the game won't create the vehicle.

that's what i was thinking the coorinates are broken

This is intresting take look through the hidden camera secrets (not my video ) Edited by JohnsonHu7

JohnsonHu7
Posted (edited)

Hmmmmm.This is weird where's alex shrub during the party look carefully you can see cortez handshaking with diaz and in the background you can see KentPaul and CandySuxx but where is alex shrub was he not in the beta or he isn't in the party ?😕 Edited by JohnsonHu7

rollschuh2282
Posted (edited)

Hmmmmm.This is weird where's alex shrub during the party look carefully you can see cortez handshaking with diaz and in the background you can see KentPaul and CandySuxx but where is alex shrub was he not in the beta or he isn't in the party ?

unfinished cutscene.

you can see how that Love fist member doesn´t have his "chair" and that he floats in the air.

Edited by rollschuh2282

GTAKid667

Thought I'd share a proper scan of the image showing the back of the Phoenix, which is taken from Page 90 of the BradyGames Strategy Guide for anyone interested in the source.

UpGdRHu.jpg

I do find it pretty sad that in a community of Grand Theft Auto fans some people have to keep things to themselves and pretend they own content that they didn't create...

JohnsonHu7
Posted (edited)

Speaking of the phoenix beta model some cars in the game doesn't have a beta model or never seen in any offical game screentshots or doesn't have a proper beta model and these cars some of them are seen but we dont know the model are:

-Sandking

-MESA

-flatbed

-manana

-stallion

-pony

-Benson

-Hotring

-Police (Cheetah)

-BarracksOL

-Burrito

-Burrito (Gang version with teddy bear on top)

-FBIRancher/Washington

-Hermes/CubanHermes

-Caddy (can be seen in the rockstar website)

-BfInjection

-Stinger

-Firetruck

-Ambulance (Maybe it has the same model from the very beggining)

-BAGGAGE

-Comet

-Securicar

Edited by JohnsonHu7

JohnsonHu
Posted (edited)
On 5/21/2018 at 1:55 PM, GTAKid667 said:

Thought I'd share a proper scan of the image showing the back of the Phoenix, which is taken from Page 90 of the BradyGames Strategy Guide for anyone interested in the source.

Hide contents

UpGdRHu.jpg

I do find it pretty sad that in a community of Grand Theft Auto fans some people have to keep things to themselves and pretend they own content that they didn't create...

1-different timecyc.

2-Yellow timer 

3-A weird pink icon on the map (representing pay'n spray)

4-a green marker on the map instead it's pink in the final game.

5-different weapon color icon

Edited by JohnsonHu
Noticing something i forgot

xNCx
On 5/21/2018 at 12:55 PM, GTAKid667 said:

Hide contents

UpGdRHu.jpg

Such a pity they've changed the weapon icons, the color fade looks much more vibrant and would be perfect for a Miami themed game.

What's on the hud btw? A casette icon, ammunation but with a different icon? And the third one on the left from the blip? Why is the blip green?

GTAKid667
7 minutes ago, xNCx said:

What's on the hud btw? A casette icon, ammunation but with a different icon? And the third one on the left from the blip? Why is the blip green?

Here's a screenshot from roughly the same location on PC. You can compare the two screenshots to see the differences. In the final game, the icons are the Save Cassette, Ammunation and Pay N Spray. Not sure how much the Ammunation icon changed, and the screenshot below perhaps doesn't show clearly that icon, but Pay N Spray definitely is a lot different! It might be hard to see some of the icons in that particular scan as the image was particularly small on the page, not sure if there are better images of that elsewhere or some bigger images elsewhere in the guide.

nUMEB6D.jpg

xNCx

Oh, so it's a pay n spray! Right. This icon definitely changed, but what was the original one, hard to figure out.

The pistol icon seems to be put on an angle.