2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Friendly Lobby (ala RDR)

flyboy7

RDR's two alternate free roams weren't available at launch, so maybe we can see those two modes in an update. 1 step forward (adding two successful modes in RDR) 2 steps back (not having those same modes in GTA)

• Like 1

GTA should definitely have a friendly lobby like in RDR. Sometimes people just wanna drive around, do some exploring and other exploits with griefing each other, and definitely without being harassed by the call of duty kids. I mean Passive mode doesn't exactly work very well, and what we need is a lobby where people know definitely what they will be experiencing - good, clean fun.

Ya Know...As much as i agree that a friendly lobby would work i would imagine it wouldnt be long until someone worked out how to kill people anyway. RDR friendly free roam is the only game i have ever "griefed" in. I completed all my bounty hunting awards in that place with explosive rifle + dead eye, Yeah... I know it was cheap and i collected a further 1000+ bounties the legit way in hardcore but it sure was fun to hear the squeekers cry ;)

I would rather they made a "Hardcore" free roam lobby ala RDR with free aim and no blips on the map unless someone was making a noise ( shooting , crashing, talking on mic etc) close by you. That way the "I wanna be left alone crowd" get some protection and the hired guns like myself would have to use stealth and skill to take down our targets. They could even expand on this dynamic by allowing you to phone lester and request a players location for a small fee and he could send you the general area the target is in.

Or would that be too much "fun" for R* to consider?

DR

It's why I'm playing RDR now and not GTAO. Joined a lobby yesterday, posse'd up with some randoms, did some gang hideouts and had a good time.

• Like 2

Meeting friendly randoms is a total and utter myth. Join a crew if you want to meet randoms.

Not to get in a pissing match with you but statements like the above are just patently false. "Total and utter myth" is reserved for unicorns and Santa Claus (sorry everyone). I've met tons of friendly randoms, even in GTA.

• Like 2

Meeting friendly randoms is a total and utter myth. Join a crew if you want to meet randoms.

Not to get in a pissing match with you but statements like the above are just patently false. "Total and utter myth" is reserved for unicorns and Santa Claus (sorry everyone). I've met tons of friendly randoms, even in GTA.

Been playing since last November. Not a single friendly random have I ever met. So yeah, it is a total and utter myth but no doubt you'll argue otherwise.

Edited by am30

The_darkest_side

I can see the point of the question, but wouldn't a friendly-only session be as boring as sh*t?

Good point. I don't think it could be implemented in GTA anyway.

I guess you guys didn't play GTA IV either..

I confess that I didn't play it at all mate, no. I was tight in the grip of a massive and life threatening addiction to WoW at the time, and WoW at its height didn't allow for anything else :p

I can see the sense of a PVE session, but I just can't see the fun in it. I'm not a griefer, don't get me wrong. But sometimes figuring out the no-go areas and staying alive in FR can be as interesting as a session on the rampage.

A rampage-friendly session with no cops however? Yeah man I'd be down with that. But that's a whole different conversation. Not one R* seem to want to have.

I can see the point of the question, but wouldn't a friendly-only session be as boring as sh*t?

Good point. I don't think it could be implemented in GTA anyway.

I guess you guys didn't play GTA IV either..

I confess that I didn't play it at all mate, no. I was tight in the grip of a massive and life threatening addiction to WoW at the time, and WoW at its height didn't allow for anything else :p

I can see the sense of a PVE session, but I just can't see the fun in it. I'm not a griefer, don't get me wrong. But sometimes figuring out the no-go areas and staying alive in FR can be as interesting as a session on the rampage.

A rampage-friendly session with no cops however? Yeah man I'd be down with that. But that's a whole different conversation. Not one R* seem to want to have.

Oh so your open to the idea of a seperate session that suits your gaming style, but you will argue that OTHER player's way of gaming does not deserve one...? Lol..

I personally would love a friendly free roam, just as much as I would love a Hardcore mode with no cops.

Any kind of lobby options would be awesome!

• Like 3

Here's what's going to happen in your friendly lobby.

You're going to be strolling down the street on your way to buy a new hat, when some jackass in a monkey mask and no shirt is going to run you over in his chrome Zentorno. No, you won't die, but you won't be able to get up again because he's parked right on top of you. So you're trapped under his car, and he's laughing and laughing.

Then a little later on, you're going to be strolling down the street on your way to take some snapmatics of the sunset, when a fire engine pulls up and hoses you down. Again, you don't die, but you can't get up, and the guy in the pogo mask laughs his ass off as he sprays you all the way across the map.

Never underestimate the ability of the troll to figure out how to annoy you. A friendly server is just going to be open season on weenies.

FriendlyFireOFF

RDR's two alternate free roams weren't available at launch, so maybe we can see those two modes in an update. 1 step forward (adding two successful modes in RDR) 2 steps back (not having those same modes in GTA)

I fear it's because they want you to spend as less time in freemode as possible and off doing jobs. If not your either going to be bored as hell in passive mode (which 'conveniently' is switched off in vehicles) or spending money on ammo to fight noobs or the police.

Edited by FriendlyFireOFF

Here's what's going to happen in your friendly lobby.

You're going to be strolling down the street on your way to buy a new hat, when some jackass in a monkey mask and no shirt is going to run you over in his chrome Zentorno. No, you won't die, but you won't be able to get up again because he's parked right on top of you. So you're trapped under his car, and he's laughing and laughing.

Then a little later on, you're going to be strolling down the street on your way to take some snapmatics of the sunset, when a fire engine pulls up and hoses you down. Again, you don't die, but you can't get up, and the guy in the pogo mask laughs his ass off as he sprays you all the way across the map.

Never underestimate the ability of the troll to figure out how to annoy you. A friendly server is just going to be open season on weenies.

That's true. However, and maybe it's just me, I don't find those situations all that annoying because when they do happen it's usually because I wasn't paying attention and they're easy to avoid when you are. So it's more your own fault than anything.

What I find way more irritating are the retards who just stand on a street corner and literally shoot at ANYTHING that moves. Good job, you killed me as I was driving by... as if I couldn't have easily killed you if I was looking for trouble.

Been playing since last November. Not a single friendly random have I ever met. So yeah, it is a total and utter myth but no doubt you'll argue otherwise.

You are so f*cking dense. Yeah, sure, much of the GTA fanbase likes to kill for no reason (much like yourself), but I have met plenty of friendly randoms. Basing something off of YOUR personal experiences and claiming them as fact is ignorant.

As for your earlier statement, no, we don't want to play The Sims. There is no "proper way" of playing the game. Just because there's guns don't mean we have to kill people for no goddamn reason. This is why we REALLY need a friendly lobby option, so we can separate the friendlies from the griefers.

• Like 3

Hopefully on the Ps4/xbone, they do something like what they did in no-contact races, where you could drive through other players. It wouldnt look like it does in the races though, other players would look normal, but if you tried to shoot or run them over, the bullets or car would just go through them.

"Gais, I havent met any friendly randoms, so its a myth"

Everybody who wants this option, exchange GTs via PM. Start a invite only session.

Is this really so f*cking hard to solve?

• Like 2

You are so f*cking dense. Yeah, sure, much of the GTA fanbase likes to kill for no reason (much like yourself), but I have met plenty of friendly randoms. Basing something off of YOUR personal experiences and claiming them as fact is ignorant.

As for your earlier statement, no, we don't want to play The Sims. There is no "proper way" of playing the game. Just because there's guns don't mean we have to kill people for no goddamn reason. This is why we REALLY need a friendly lobby option, so we can separate the friendlies from the griefers.

Yes, I'm dense for playing the game how it is intended to be played(!) Nice of you to make assumptions about how I play? Not that it is relevant but tend to shoot 2nd, thus how I know there are no friendly randoms - I've wasted enough time looking for the elusive friendly randoms. Stating fact is not ignorance. It's like playing CoD and not wanting to be killed! Why play a violent game if you don't want to be subjected to violence?

Show me friendly randoms then. Go on, I'm waiting..........

Everybody who wants this option, exchange GTs via PM. Start a invite only session.

That would work but is no where near the same as booting up the game and joining a full lobby of randoms with the same mindset.

Organizing 16 people into an invite only would be difficult to say the least and then it's expected that someone has an idea of what everyone can do together. Then people leave, so you have to invite more or hang out with less... It would be more planning than playing.

Joining a lobby and running into someone (or 16 people) doing something fun/original and not having to worry about killing each other pointlessly would be a completely different experience.

Edit:@above I'm a friendly random. I couldn't care less about the pvp in this game.

Edited by XJpostman
  • Like 2

We don't need any more seperations in this game to split up the Online population.

If someone can't take the heat in this shooting game, then I gladly show him/her the door.

Edited by ChrilLe
  • Like 2

That would work but is no where near the same as booting up the game and joining a full lobby of randoms with the same mindset.

Organizing 16 people into an invite only would be difficult to say the least and then it's expected that someone has an idea of what everyone can do together. Then people leave, so you have to invite more or hang out with less... It would be more planning than playing.

Joining a lobby and running into someone (or 16 people) doing something fun/original and not having to worry about killing each other pointlessly would be a completely different experience.

Edit:@above I'm a friendly random. I couldn't care less about the pvp in this game.

If you don't know anybody in this thread then they ARE a random.

The rest of your post just sounds like lame excuses.

It's rather easy to get 16 into a lobby. I've done it several times.

Takes some effort so I can understand why the lets hold hands crowd won't use the tools available to them

CaptainMarvel

I avoid hyperbole like the plague.

But you like repeating yourself.

No hyperbole here though. Just stating my own experiences of playing GTAO.

Edited by am30

You are so f*cking dense. Yeah, sure, much of the GTA fanbase likes to kill for no reason (much like yourself), but I meet plenty of friendly randoms. Basing something off of YOUR personal experiences and claiming them as fact is ignorant.

Yes, I'm dense for playing the game how it is intended to be played(!) Nice of you to make assumptions about how I play? Not that it is relevant but tend to shoot 2nd, thus how I know there are no friendly randoms - I've wasted enough time looking for the elusive friendly randoms. Stating fact is not ignorance. It's like playing CoD and not wanting to be killed! Why play a violent game if you don't want to be subjected to violence?

Show me friendly randoms then. Go on, I'm waiting..........

Okay, so you stated that you tend to shoot second, which means you are friendly unless somebody shoots you. So, if YOU'RE a friendly player, and there are many other players with your attitude (myself included) then that means friendly players do exist, despite you not meeting any.

As for the "way the game is meant to be played" statement, again, it isn't meant to be played any certain way. It's a sandbox game, meaning you can play as you choose. Which brings me to my original point...

They need two seperate lobby types. One for the friendlies who want to f*ck around, maybe kill civilians and cops together, while not killing each other. Then, the normal lobbies that we have now. It wouldn't be seperating the community completely, it would be for the better. You can be with the same type players as you, and it would cut all the complaining topics.

I would even go as far as to say that the lobby types should replace bad sport (in a way). The normal lobbies would be pure chaos, and bad sport would not exist. Friendly lobbies should have bad sport, and be like GTA IV. If you get blown up, you dont die and they get charged bad sport.

Do you see where I'm coming from here?

Not A Nice Person

I agree, There should be. Call of duty kids/ grown men who want to make up for their lives in one session, Friendly's in another.

If I want that I'll go to invite only and either play solo to do my own thing or with crew or friends who are like minded.

I don't mind the public lobbies even if I want to potter about doing my own thing. Adds to the excitement in my opinion. Sometimes I get left alone. Sometimes not, but I'll deal with that. Sometimes people just tag along no problems.

It's fine the way it is. Besides even if there was friendly only lobbies, I'm sure people would still find a way to annoy you.

What if I want to play with friendly randoms? It worked in RDR and I had a good time. You logic is flawed.

Clearly the OP was asking for a Friendly mode which exists in another R* game. Seemed pretty simple to me. Of course it will be locked/moved.

Friendly sessions already exist. Start>Online>Invite Only and invite your friends.

Not in the same way that they existed in RDR (I'm assuming you played RDR? If not, my bad). Of course "Invite Only" works great for people you already know but a lobby similar to what he talks about, you have the added capability of playing with people you don't know without the hassle of getting griefed. I know in RDR you could still mess with people in Friendly Free-Roam but it got boring quickly. Seems like a reasonable albeit "Asked-To-Death" request to add that feature.

I've not played RDR but I am aware of the friendly fire sessions in the game. Meeting friendly randoms is a total and utter myth. Join a crew if you want to meet randoms.

You haven't even played the game? Would would you know. I've played it and I met some cool people who are my friends today. I remember once I played with a posse of 8 people and we shot bounty hunters on top of a buliding.

• Like 3

E•MO•TION

Did we forget the "or cruise around showing off" line from the trailer? I don't think GTAO was meant to be exclusively for slaughtering other players.

L8m1zfV.png

Not A Nice Person

GTA should definitely have a friendly lobby like in RDR. Sometimes people just wanna drive around, do some exploring and other exploits with griefing each other, and definitely without being harassed by the call of duty kids. I mean Passive mode doesn't exactly work very well, and what we need is a lobby where people know definitely what they will be experiencing - good, clean fun.

Ya Know...As much as i agree that a friendly lobby would work i would imagine it wouldnt be long until someone worked out how to kill people anyway. RDR friendly free roam is the only game i have ever "griefed" in. I completed all my bounty hunting awards in that place with explosive rifle + dead eye, Yeah... I know it was cheap and i collected a further 1000+ bounties the legit way in hardcore but it sure was fun to hear the squeekers cry ;)

You know you couldn't kill people at all right? Obviously this guy hasn't played RDR at all and seeing his second paragraph, His logic is flawed.

@Dumb guy

Organizing 16 people into one lobby the last thing I want to do with my limited gaming time and like I said, it's not the same as joining randoms that have no expectations from you. Call them excuses if you want but there really is no reason to not have a friendly lobby.

Lol at "hold my hand crowd" though.

• Like 2

Did we forget the "or cruise around showing off" line from the trailer? I don't think GTAO was meant to be exclusively for slaughtering other players.

Nope, it's just for PVP, that's it. The other 98% of the game is there just for decoration. lol

friendly lobbies should be only hand weapons such as bats etc and hand to hand of course.. no guns etc

We don't need any more seperations in this game to split up the Online population.

If someone can't take the heat in this shooting game, then I gladly show him/her the door.

See...He...Well he gets it!

I mean. Why do they give me my perch near LSC and a sniper and not expect me to pop some domes? Yeah...People get mad...Infact i get called a hacker a LOT when i camp there since the glass wall is 100% bulletproof to the point that even rockets cant flush me outa there....

But hey... People must see the lone, stationary dot overlooking the entire LSC yard and beyond ....what did they expect was gonna happen if they didnt move fast ;)

You know you couldn't kill people at all right? Obviously this guy hasn't played RDR at all and seeing his second paragraph, His logic is flawed.

You couldnt kill people in RDR friendly????

Oh no... I beg to differ ;)

See...He...Well he gets it!

I mean. Why do they give me my perch near LSC and a sniper and not expect me to pop some domes? Yeah...People get mad...Infact i get called a hacker a LOT when i camp there since the glass wall is 100% bulletproof to the point that even rockets cant flush me outa there....

But hey... People must see the lone, stationary dot overlooking the entire LSC yard and beyond ....what did they expect was gonna happen if they didnt move fast ;)

You couldnt kill people in RDR friendly????

Oh no... I beg to differ ;)

You could still pop peoples heads in a normal or hardcore session (if added) if you wanted to so it wouldn't affect your play style at all. Also, I was griefed in friendly RDR lobbies sometimes too but not half as much as in a regular GTA V session. It would happen but would be more easily avoided.

@Chrille Both lobby systems in RDR and GTA IV didn't have any trouble grouping players together. If V had that problem it would be because it has sh*tty matchmaking, not too many lobbies.